Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineSyme
What?
Stalled Jars In Incubator
    #672767 - 06/11/02 06:15 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

I innoculated three jars (1 half pint and 2 pints) about 15 days ago and kept them in an incubator for most of that time. The incubator is kept at 80-82F and the jars are in total darkness. I noticed almost no growth for the first five days. The largest patch of mycellium being only 2mm across. I had to leave for a week and for this time I kept the jars in a closet of a friends apartment. The closet is much cooler than the incubator and when I got back all three jars are partially colonized. The half pint jar I did is about 75% done. I brought all three back two days ago and put them back in the incubator and it seems like growth has now stalled. I used a dry erase marker to trace the outline of the myecllium and it hasn't crossed to the line in two days. Could this moving in and out of the incubator cause the jars to stall or stop growing? I would think that they would grow faster in the incubator, but they seemed to do better in a cold closet...

On the brighter side, there are no signs of contam and all of the mycellium is bright white. Ill take pictures in a few minutes.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleWe_come_in_peace
old hand

Loc: Alpha Centauri
Re: Stalled Jars In Incubator [Re: Syme]
    #672891 - 06/11/02 08:12 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

Well if they stall for two more weeks I would do what I did. Except don't use so much jiffy mix if any at all(just composted cow manure...pure cowpie would be better for the run). Here is the LINK

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck