Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Injection Grain Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlinenugsarenice
Carpal Tunnel
Loc: nowhere
Fda, Cipro, Greed! (what the fuck, fda corrupt?)
    #646076 - 05/26/02 11:14 AM (21 years, 10 months ago)

Yeah, so I thought I would let you all know, that Cipro costs 115 dollars for the medicine. That's pretty damn expensive, let's say you live in africa, that is 50,000 dollars for international pharmecitical, unless we give better deals to third world countries, which I don't think we do, I read a while back, about how other drug companies have found the formula for Cipro, and other prescription drugs, they are trying to produce these for charitable purpose, yet are being sued by american pharmecitical companies, because we need the money, goddamit, even from the poor african bastards!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinenugsarenice
Carpal Tunnel
Re: Fda, Cipro, Greed! (what the fuck, fda corrupt?) [Re: nugsarenice]
    #646167 - 05/26/02 12:03 PM (21 years, 10 months ago)

Actually it's 160 dollars.

InvisiblePGF
square

Loc: Malaysia
    #647287 - 05/27/02 06:12 AM (21 years, 10 months ago)

Why do you need Cipro?

It is a pretty damn strong antibiotic.

Unless you are on the verge of death and have infection all throughout your body or under attack by some resilient strain of bacterium, your infection(s) could probably be helped with one of the less exotic ABs.

Plus, if you go taking Cipro for something that a lesser AB could knock out, then you might be helping the bacteria to develop resistance to the Cipro.....which should only be used as a last line of defence against very resistant bacteria.

Have you been to the doc yet nugs?

--------------------
***The Real Shroomery nigger

Offlinefoghorn
enthusiast
    #647579 - 05/27/02 09:42 AM (21 years, 10 months ago)

The problem is not as simple as it sounds...

A drug costs X - the price is probably jacked up because of the development and costs that were put into producing it, and also largely for profit

If another pharma company wants to duplicate this drug, and sell it for x/2 in Africa (or even in the US), whats the harm, right? People need the medicine, and its too expensive from the original producer...

But the reason the FDA is trying to control the distribution of this kind of drug production is actually for the people (not just $s), despite how it seems. If companies can freely make/duplicate 'generic' brands of pharms without putting money into development and production like the original producers, where is the incentive for pharmacutical companies to come up with new drugs?

If this went totally unchecked, eventually you'd just have alot of companies waiting around for someone to invent something... any motivation for creativity or innovation is all gone

Becomes much more complex when u take a closer look!

InvisibleSenor_Doobie
Snake Pit Champion
 User Gallery

Loc: Trump Train
Re: Fda, Cipro, Greed! (what the fuck, fda corrupt?) [Re: PGF]
    #647618 - 05/27/02 10:01 AM (21 years, 10 months ago)

PGF, he went to the doctor cuz he said he had a perscritpion in another thread.

Says it's Anthrax. I think he may be dead. No joke.

--------------------
"America: Fuck yeah!" -- Alexthegreat

“Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day.”  -- Thomas Jefferson

The greatest sin of mankind is ignorance.

The press takes [Trump] literally, but not seriously; his supporters take him seriously, but not literally. --Salena Zeto (9/23/16)

Invisiblewingnutx

#653325 - 05/30/02 10:41 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

Drug companies aren't the problem. Billions of anti-aids drugs were donated to South Africa. President M'Beki refuses to allow them to be distributed, since they don't fit into his whack-job notion of medical science.

Rule-of-law, accountable government, and a free market would fix this sort of thing. Don't hold your breath, though.

Offlinenugsarenice
Carpal Tunnel
Re: Fda, Cipro, Greed! (what the fuck, fda corrupt?) [Re: wingnutx]
    #653352 - 05/30/02 10:56 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

Where I was really trying to go with all of this, is what role the FDA had in Cipro.

Here's what's going through my head: If you want to argue otherwise, then you have all of my relevent information, so that you can come to your own conclusion about the FDA or the Big Pharmecetical companies.

1. Recently anthrax letters are sent to democratic politicians, and one innocent old lady.
2. News blitzs this all over the place, until people want to just nuke that affie's before they kill us with anthrax
3. A new miracle anthrax antibiotic is placed on the market for 120 dollars, for a 20 count, a one person's cure.
4. I get anthrax.
5. I think anthrax is weak, and in fact curable with alternative medicine. I go about research in Camphor injections, which failed.
6. My 6th day of illness arrives, and I am at my death bead.
7. I take the old antibiotic doxycline, that is used to treat anthrax
8. My illness subsides, but I am still weaning my lump away, it is leaving! Even my limp will be gone in a couple days.

The moral is, did the FDA and pharmecetical companies conspire to make billions of dollars off Cipro, it's like the whole 9./11 conspiracy in a different package. I mean seriously what government official would conspire to kill people for money, and if he did do it, do you really think he would go about it in an intelligent matter? Now all we need to do is sign up for an Affie war, to kill them all, anybody who is willing gets paid 12,000 cash, and 15,000 a year for 4 years. Now who's in on it?

Note, anthrax is a common disease of farm workers.

Also let my advice not serve to those infected with new strains of anthrax, a cure of Cipro is a must, do not follow my example. I was most probraly infected with old anthrax, that I was prescribed Cipro, was just precautionary, in that I might have been infected with new american engineered anthrax, which the affie's and middle easterners stole, and are using it against us, to kill democrats who were accepting dirty bribes from them. Like they say, evil turns against itself.

Offlinenugsarenice
Carpal Tunnel
    #654569 - 05/30/02 08:24 PM (21 years, 9 months ago)

Edit one part, Cipro was invented last year, this completely ruins any argument for a masterminded conspiacy of our government using american anthrax to make billions of dollars. Sorry to confuse you all.

OfflineAbudiwa
CompleteApparition.
Male

Loc: here and there...
    #654948 - 05/31/02 04:35 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

or was it just invented last year........

--------------------
*user out of date*

the only pms pants gets:
<pants> "WTF UR PIKTUR IS SO STIPID WTF FUCK U"

Offlinenugsarenice
Carpal Tunnel
Re: Fda, Cipro, Greed! (what the fuck, fda corrupt?) [Re: Abudiwa]
    #655347 - 05/31/02 08:10 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

I don't know, I think just last year.

InvisibleBiggNigg
Plumb bob

Loc: In yo face
Re: Fda, Cipro, Greed! (what the fuck, fda corrup [Re: Abudiwa]
    #655632 - 05/31/02 10:51 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

Cipro was developed by Bayer in the mid eighties and approved for use in the United States by the FDA in 1987.

--------------------
Tru dat!

Offlinenugsarenice
Carpal Tunnel
Re: Fda, Cipro, Greed! (what the fuck, fda corrup [Re: BiggNigg]
    #655865 - 05/31/02 12:50 PM (21 years, 9 months ago)

where did you find that information, I'm not arguing, just curious.

InvisibleGreat_Cthulhu
enthusiast

Loc: R'lyeh
Re: Fda, Cipro, Greed! (what the fuck, fda corrup [Re: nugsarenice]
    #658493 - 06/02/02 05:03 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

http://www.cipro.com/

Nugsarenice...how do you get through life? I mean...with all that bullshit overflowing out your ears?

--------------------
"That is not dead which may eternal lie..and with strange eons even death may die."
Vote Great Cthulhu for President. Why vote for a lesser evil?

Offlinenugsarenice
Carpal Tunnel
Re: Fda, Cipro, Greed! (what the fuck, fda corrup [Re: Great_Cthulhu]
    #658778 - 06/02/02 09:06 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

Anyways, I just told you the facts. there is no bullshit flowing from my ears. I did'nt take Cipro, and I survived Anthrax. Cipro is damn expensive too.

Anonymous

Re: Fda, Cipro, Greed! (what the fuck, fda corrup [Re: nugsarenice]
    #658843 - 06/02/02 09:58 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

Cipro is damn expensive too.

So is trying to meet FDA testing requirements. Did you know that the FDA will not allow test data from drugs that have been used and approved in Europe (or other countries) for years. The company wanting to sell the drug in the US must perform all new tests for the FDA (lots of $$). This also has made it possible for companies to sell drugs which have been banned in other countries because of their adverse side effects (since non US test data doesn't count). There are also the costs to protect against litigation which is factored into many medical businesses.

InvisibleLos_Pepes
Stranger

Re: Fda, Cipro, Greed! (what the fuck, fda corrupt?) [Re: Anonymous]
    #4686616 - 09/20/05 03:43 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

I got a prescription of Cipro for $5 with insurance. I'm sure the Africans would get a break on the price, too. They could probably even get it for free. They get a lot of other things for free and Africa is still a shit hole. Africans are killing each other by the millions and giving each other AIDS and other diseases.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Injection Grain Bag