Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineCatalysis
EtherealEngineer

Star Wars and Occult Knowledge?
    #631472 - 05/15/02 09:18 AM (21 years, 10 months ago)

Since the release of episode 2 is coming up, i think this is a good time to share some of my thoughts on star wars. Has anyone noticed the connection between star wars and the occult? I mean besides the obvious things such as the light and dark sides, the force, destiny, underground "adept" schools, ect...

I will point out my own observed correspodences, such as that with the ineffiable name of God, YHVH, or the father, mother, son, and daughter.

Anikin is symbolic of the father and the king (knight for those who understand), he is the symbol of fire, he can create and destroy, he is the beginning and the end, he is also lucifer or the lightbringer (the one who will bring balance to the force). Yod is his letter in the holy name, symbolizing the unconsious secret will (also associated with semen). It is also the symbol of virginity which has been correlated with the mythic figure of Adonis who was the youthful beloved of Aphrodite.

Queen Amidala or AMDL(hebrew)=1+40+4+30=75=the number of the Goddess Nuit of Egyption lore. Just as Anikin is the infinate point, she is the all encompassing space through which his Will is manifest. She is the queen of the throne of water. Her number is that of the Great Work. Her symbols are the cup and the cross of suffering which both mean a kind of "understanding". She is a symbol of crucified Jesus in the Christian religion and of Isis in Egypt. Her tarot card is that of the Hanged Man.

Luke is therefore symbolic of the son and prince which is correlated with Christ in heaven and redemption. He has the qualities of air and is symbolic of Vav in the holy name. Vav is the symbol of creative reality and "magical Will". Luke is the fool of the Tarot.

Leah is the final letter and symbolic of earth. I will let you contemplate her meaning.

The deathstar is a metaphor for the "ego" that attempts to control the mind.
The rebel alliance is the Holy Guardian Angel of Abremelin lore.

I think the overall theme that "you must go through the darkness to reach the light" is shown best in the climactic sacrifice of the father's life for that of the son, just as the pelican feeds its starving children with the blood from her own heart.

--------------------
:egyptian:

Edited by Catalysis (05/15/02 10:17 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblebuttonion
Calmly Watching

Loc: Kansas
Re: Star Wars and Occult Knowledge? [Re: Catalysis]
    #631519 - 05/15/02 10:16 AM (21 years, 10 months ago)

Interesting.

I have definitlely noticed the similarity between "the force" and Taoism, especially the ancient mystical sect of Taoism. These Taoists believed that you can harness chi (the force) through deep meditation and other rituals for supernatural ends. There was also the emphasis of living in accordance to the Tao (the force). The Taoist "dark side" definitely corresponds to selfishness, brought about by living life according to "conventional" truth. I guess a Jedis wardrobe is defintely very monk-like too.

Side note: "Midichlorienes" really ruined that series for me. As a kid I always thought of how cool it would be to develop my force abilities but now, either you have midichlorienes or you don't. LAME.

--------------------
Concepts which have been proved to be useful in ordering things easily acquire such an authority over us that we forget their human origins and accept them as invariable.- Albert Einstein

OfflineAbstractSoul

#631525 - 05/15/02 10:20 AM (21 years, 10 months ago)

funny how star wars fans always try to turn the movie into a analogy for whatever they are interested in. ive heard druggies talk about it being about drugs, christians talk about it being about christianity, political people talk about it being about polotics(which i agree with)...

--------------------
---------------------------------------------
house is a spiritual thing
---------------------------------------------

OfflineCatalysis
EtherealEngineer

Re: Star Wars and Occult Knowledge? [Re: AbstractSoul]
    #631547 - 05/15/02 10:35 AM (21 years, 10 months ago)

Yes, Abstract Soul, Exactly!!! That was the underlying nature of the schools of western mysticism. Anything that is based on this symbolism represents the nature of the universe and it can therefore be applied to anything. You have to admit that there arent many movies to which you can apply such a vast number of different circumstances and their outcomes. Even I have not looked that deeply into it until now! thanks!

Side note: Dont let the titles of King, Queen, etc.. fool you, or the fact that they are played out by humans. They actually represent abstract archetypical ideas. The names signify the order of emanation as well as the masculine or femanine nature.

--------------------

Edited by Catalysis (05/15/02 10:57 AM)

OfflineCatalysis
EtherealEngineer

#631704 - 05/15/02 12:18 PM (21 years, 10 months ago)

Maybe the movie was put out in reverse order so that one could "ascend" through the archtypical ideas in the correct order, according to tradition.

Think about some other "fairy tales" that have withstood the test of time and you will find that many of them seem to follow this pattern in one way or another. Disney being one person who has cashed in on this strange phenominon.

--------------------

Edited by Catalysis (05/15/02 12:28 PM)

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
    #631744 - 05/15/02 12:47 PM (21 years, 10 months ago)

Leah is the final letter and symbolic of earth. I will let you contemplate her meaning.

Gee, thanks for letting us work some of this out for ourselves.

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

OfflineCatalysis
EtherealEngineer

Re: Star Wars and Occult Knowledge? [Re: Swami]
    #631830 - 05/15/02 01:51 PM (21 years, 10 months ago)

You like that? I thought i would leave it open to interpretation as something cool to think about while tripping. I am very aware of your belief system, swami, therefore rebuttal is unnecessary, although I will gladly accept it in any form.

--------------------

InvisibleClark
Bar RoomSuperman

#631865 - 05/15/02 02:10 PM (21 years, 10 months ago)

I see the farce is strong with this one.

--------------------

InvisibleSclorch
Clyster

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: On the Brink of Madness
Re: Star Wars and Occult Knowledge? [Re: Clark]
    #631885 - 05/15/02 02:26 PM (21 years, 10 months ago)

Hook, line, and sinker.

--------------------
Note: In desperate need of a cure...

OfflineCatalysis
EtherealEngineer

Re: Star Wars and Occult Knowledge? [Re: Clark]
    #631895 - 05/15/02 02:34 PM (21 years, 10 months ago)

I dont understand the sarcasm. Art and metaphor has absolutely nothing to do with logic and rationality. What exactly are you trying to say? Yes, i admit i have fallen for the farce that is art, I am a lost cause. LOL, come to think of it, i dont know why i even posted it in this forum. Sorry, my fault.

Sclorch, please explain what you mean by "hook, line, and sinker"?

I would encourage anyone who actually KNOWS what qabalistic analysis is to give an intelligent reply. thanks

--------------------

Edited by Catalysis (05/15/02 03:44 PM)

Anonymous

#632126 - 05/15/02 05:19 PM (21 years, 10 months ago)

Being human, I too have drawn meaning from the symbolism that is the Star Wars phenomena. Not knowing much on the Qabala, other than the basic premise, I cannot offer much of my perspective on that aspect.
I see it from a much different perspective, but I do think that Lucas knew what he was doing when he wrote these, as there are many, many parrallels to our reality.

As for the general theme, light vs. dark... the mentality that is present in our world currently. Most tend to see things as polarized, two opposite aspects fighting against each other. Good and bad. This is good and well, as one must see both sides before the big picture. What I think the final three episodes will show, is the merging of the light side and dark side as one. They will realize that all along.. they appeared to be fighting against each other. On a larger scale however, they will realize that their interactions with one another were lessons in transcending the physical world, as in the purely spiritual world, they are the same entity.

The two forces of light and dark are just different aspects of the same force. They both use the same force, but in different ways. The "light" side uses the force with good intentions, and for the benefit of soveriegnity. The 'dark' side uses the force as a fear based method, for controlling and manipulating purposes. In my perception of reality, these are the same aspects of 4th density copnsciousness. There are two types, those who serve others, and those who serve themselves. The service of others would be the light side, as that is the lifestyle that is based in good intentions and for the benefit of others. The service to self would be the dark side, where fear is the primary means of control, and the primary goal is for the benefit of yourself, but you serve a master who is 'above' you, by controlling through fear.

The Republic.. The Empire.. The Jedis... The Stormtroopers.. all pieces of the great board of chess. A struggle, that ends in enlightenment for all. There's a lot open for interpretation, but thats my basic take on it.

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

#632164 - 05/15/02 05:40 PM (21 years, 10 months ago)

I am very aware of your belief system, swami,

Very cool as I have never stated my belief system on this board . Perhaps you can demonstrate your powers and share it with us.

--------------------

Anonymous

#632191 - 05/15/02 06:08 PM (21 years, 10 months ago)

good read... thank you.

OfflineCatalysis
EtherealEngineer

Re: Star Wars and Occult Knowledge? [Re: ]
    #632246 - 05/15/02 06:50 PM (21 years, 10 months ago)

Yes, it is said that "Evil helpeth forward the Good". That is the exact type of knowledge that i am talking about. This has long been a relatively secret interpretation of the "grand scheme of things" among various groups of people throughout the development of humanity.

Swami, i simply meant that you are rational and logical in your thinking. Your 1440 posts give me a pretty good idea of your reasoning. Now as for how in the world you came to the conclusion that i think i have "powers", i have not a clue.

--------------------

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

#632254 - 05/15/02 07:01 PM (21 years, 10 months ago)

Swami, i simply meant that you are rational and logical in your thinking.
An approach to looking at a problem is not normally considered a belief system, despite the fact that some here try to declare it as such.

Now as for how in the world you came to the conclusion that i think i have "powers", i have not a clue.
If you can deduce what someone believes because they are a rationalist, then that would be indicative of some sort of power.

--------------------

OfflineCatalysis
EtherealEngineer

Re: Star Wars and Occult Knowledge? [Re: Swami]
    #632272 - 05/15/02 07:21 PM (21 years, 10 months ago)

Sorry, I chose the wrong words. I meant to say that i am well aware of your tendency to go off-topic and begin picking apart people's words, thus bringing a post to its tragic end.

--------------------

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

#632399 - 05/16/02 12:18 AM (21 years, 10 months ago)

Yes, it is said that "Evil helpeth forward the Good".
That's me! Helping the Good forward.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom