Home | Community | Message Board

Magic Mushrooms Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
The Shroomery Health Choices Poll
    #5873512 -

Time for a poll on our health habits!

.
Do you eat meat?
You may choose only one
Do you eat fish?
You may choose only one
Do you eat fruit and vegetables?
You may choose only one
Do you exercise?
You may choose only one
Do you use a nutrient/herbal supplement?
You may choose only one
Do you in daily life deliberately make choices for improving your future health?
You may choose only one


Votes accepted from 07/18/06 01:49 PM until the end of time
You must vote before you can view the results of this poll


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Shroomery Health Choices Poll [Re: Asante]
    #5873605 -

What sort of Conclusion are you trying to make?
Myself, I've been eating meat daily, fish several times a weeks, exercising when I can, and taking pin pointed supplements.

PS- you should have asked " Do you take Enemas"
:cool:
Which by the way I never have, but I want to try it with some morphine.

Tell us more


--------------------
"War Doesn't Decide Who's Right... It Decides Who's Left."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Shroomery Health Choices Poll [Re: Kerbouchard]
    #5873635 -

Quote:
What sort of Conclusion are you trying to make?



Not trying to make a conclusion, I'm just wondering what health choices my fellow Shroomerites make, and most who answer the poll would like to see it too, I think!

These are all positive questions, meaning that its usually healthiest to score in the upper few options.


--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
personal empowerment for the world

Onehomemission.org
truly make a difference

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Shroomery Health Choices Poll [Re: Asante]
    #5873650 -

Several times a week, (lately, usually ~once a week)
Yes daily,
Yes daily,
Yes daily,
Daily at least,
Every now and then


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Shroomery Health Choices Poll [Re: Asante]
    #5873652 -

Meh, just a little addition to my poll answers, I usually don't eat red meat when I eat meat. Its turkey/chicken and very rarely things like steak/sausage/hamburger.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Shroomery Health Choices Poll [Re: Asante]
    #5873673 -

I eat more meat than I should, and lately have been drinking too much. I try to go for fish whenever I can, but don't eat nearly enough fruit and vegetables. I do, however, exercise at the gym 5 days a week.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Shroomery Health Choices Poll [Re: Asante]
    #5873689 -

the only meat i really eat is turkey as in sandwichs
i eat tuna for lunch usually...right out of the can, no mayo
i box 3-4 days a week
i sweat my balls off here at work in this hot ass warehouse

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Shroomery Health Choices Poll [Re: ClammyJoe]
    #5873694 -

Quote:
Its turkey/chicken and very rarely things like steak/sausage/hamburger.



There, I should've made that distinction, you're right.

The unhealthiest trends so far are lack of exercise and lack of fish in the diet. More and more studies show that a high fish intake (about 3oz daily in Japan, but 1oz/day already is high intake) is *very* healthy, either as fish oil capsules but especially if eaten in the natural form of fatty fish and this raw or boiled.


--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
personal empowerment for the world

Onehomemission.org
truly make a difference

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Shroomery Health Choices Poll [Re: Asante]
    #5873740 -

damn.. i really don't get enough fish in my diet.. just from it costing more money then other foods and the need to prepare it. What would you recommend to us that don't have the time to eat our share of fish?


--------------------
Shroomery Composition Contest

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Shroomery Health Choices Poll [Re: Asante]
    #5873750 -

I'm cooking up some catfish fillets as we speak.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Shroomery Health Choices Poll [Re: Silversoul]
    #5873777 -

How much drinking is too much? I know this varies from person to person obviously, but what do you consider too much? I was almost back to ~20 (American) beers to get drunk until I stopped around a week ago, I know that isn't good. I miss being able to drink 4-6 and HAVE to quit.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Shroomery Health Choices Poll [Re: Toddo]
    #5873784 -

Here in Holland we have a delicacy based on raw herring. A simplified version thereof is eating a herring fillet in the way you would feed a seal, either straight or dragged through chopped onions.

This is what I do, one herring fillet weighs almost 2oz, and six of them in a jar of "sour" costs about $1.50

Pull the jar from the fridge, retrieve a herring fillet and eat it like a seal or as part of an elaborate sandwich, thats how I eat mine  :thumbup:

Salmon is often sold as boiled fish slices in 1 lb cans, often dirt cheap. You can use this, perhaps with some mayo etc, to make a sandwich.

If you really HATE fish you can take the more expensive, less complete route and buy big off-brand fish oil capsules (with EPA/DHA content stated on the label, should be at the very least 100mg of each) and take those during a meal. Fish is cheaper and better though.

Quote:
How much drinking is too much?



The concensus in Holland is that one 16oz can (half a liter) of beer a day is the upper limit of recommendable drinking.


--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
personal empowerment for the world

Onehomemission.org
truly make a difference

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Shroomery Health Choices Poll [Re: Asante]
    #5873793 -

What fish won't introduce some mercury into your system these days? I hear tuna is still safe


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Shroomery Health Choices Poll [Re: Organic]
    #5873797 -

Organic said:
How much drinking is too much? I know this varies from person to person obviously, but what do you consider too much? I was almost back to ~20 (American) beers to get drunk until I stopped around a week ago, I know that isn't good. I miss being able to drink 4-6 and HAVE to quit.



Well, for me, it's not about how much I drink in one session, so much as it's about how frequently I drink, and lately, I've had times where I've drank several days in a row. Today I decided to break that habit by avoiding the temptation to buy beer when I went to the grocery store.


--------------------

Edited by Silversoul (07/18/06 02:53 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Shroomery Health Choices Poll [Re: Toddo]
    #5873800 -

man you can get fish cheap as hell if your willing to cut it yorself. just go to the store and buy it whole (guts and head removed of course) or go fishing thats next to free except for the few bucks on gas and tackle. but theres some things you can go buy like fish oil and i believe its the omega 3 fatty acids (but dont quote me on that) but yeah being "heart smart" is very key. i found out i had bad genetics and i have EXTREAMLY high cholesterol. even after changing my diet and taking zocor and zetia i still sit pretty high for my age (im only 23). but before that i was off the charts, like for example my triglycerides were so high that my HDL couldnt even be tested. but yeah it opened my eyes, and i cant stress it enough that you need to think about these sort of things or youll end up like W_S and have a heart attack (sorry but i had to do it :grin: )


--------------------
In the belly of the Leviathan, one can either despair and perish, or be cheerful and persevere.-Dean Koontz

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Shroomery Health Choices Poll [Re: Asante]
    #5873807 -

I live pretty unhealthy.. I don't exercise yet I'm in great shape. I don't take anything... I do eat my veggies.

I eat nails for breakfast, powdered with rust. Sand paper sandwich for lunch, and a brick for dinner. When I'm done, I floss with barbed wire.


--------------------
Immortal / Temporarily Retired
The OG Thread Killer
My mushroom hunting gallery

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Shroomery Health Choices Poll [Re: Silversoul]
    #5873812 -

It is just too damn convenient to grab a harmful intoxicant everytime you buy some food. I've never been blackout drunk or anything to indicate I am consuming too much alcohol at once, so I guess I'm in the same boat. Tolerance because of convenience and lack of self-control make me drink more, but I guess I get to the same level of intoxication.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Shroomery Health Choices Poll [Re: Asante]
    #5873837 -

I try and eat as healthy as possible,but it is hard when u live with 3 other people who eat mcdonalds 3 times a week.

I have been working on my soda intake lately.I use to drink 3-5 can cokes a day.For the past 2 months I have substituted those drinks with water.Now I drink one can drink maybe 3 times a week.

I need to exercise.That is my biggest hurdle I face health wise.Its hard to find the motivation to jog or do other things.I have a friend studying physical therapy in college so he has to take a bunch of different courses that involve muscle strengthening and the like.I am hopeing I can get with him and get some sort of cardio schedule worked out.

Its time to get healthy.Just from taking vitamins and drinking water I feel better.


eris,your so hardcore.You must shit piles of liquid hot magma with that sorta diet.


--------------------
Mad_Larkin said:  Death is just a thang.
:clementine:
MrJellineck said:  Profits, prophets. That's all you jews think about.
sheekle said: life is drugs... and music... and cat... :snowman:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Shroomery Health Choices Poll [Re: eris]
    #5873978 -

Quote:
I eat nails for breakfast, powdered with rust. Sand paper sandwich for lunch, and a brick for dinner.



I hate to be around when you go to the can :wink:


Quote:
Its time to get healthy.Just from taking vitamins and drinking water I feel better.



Thats not so odd. Most people notice strong vitamins, if they are conscious of their own health (like, how long it takes for a cut to heal, how often you're low on energy etc.)

Besides, look at what it replaces! The vitamins came out of the blue and clear water replaces 1-2 liters of sour soda containing 100-200gr refined sugar. A DAY! Most sodas (like C*ca Cola) contain about 1/10 their weight in sugar. Thats a HELL of a lot if you drink a bottle! And worse still: the sugar needs water and nutrients to get processed which the soda LACKS, because the sugar is not contained in a fruit juice, but rather in a watery solution. Soda doesnt just add needless calories: it also depletes the nutrients and taxes the body when processing it.


--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
personal empowerment for the world

Onehomemission.org
truly make a difference

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Shroomery Health Choices Poll [Re: Asante]
    #5873986 -

I want to be more healthy but im not good in actually doing something about it. maybe i should stop growing marijuana because weed I think is what makes me lazy


--------------------
note: english is my 3rd languange, please ignore misspelling and poor english, im doing my best :smile:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ug98TKkWKy0

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Poll: what kind is your favorite kind of Pornography? Jenny 2,831 15 06/09/03 03:53 PM
by Larrythescaryrex
* fishing ODhaze 907 4 04/11/03 10:09 PM
by Pinhead
* Pot and mental health
( 1 2 all )
Discordja 4,822 21 11/27/02 05:24 AM
by mr_kite
* Goa Trance Or Psychedelic Trance *Poll* filthysock 2,628 18 08/27/09 07:20 AM
by UnholyChild666
* 1st GLOBAL SHROOMERY MEETING idea
( 1 2 3 all )
Sterile 9,768 54 03/04/03 11:46 AM
by Sterile
* how should i eat my donut? (poll)
( 1 2 all )
Lazerouth 4,088 25 05/17/11 03:32 PM
by gnome respect
* A song dedicated to the shroomery... alakona 1,031 6 11/23/03 04:06 AM
by Jellric
* Shroomery Pics Volume 1
( 1 2 3 4 ... 10 11 all )
Ripple 37,220 218 03/01/05 06:55 PM
by blissedout

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
1,131 topic views. 1 members, 13 guests and 123 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.053 seconds spending 0.031 seconds on 26 queries.