Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Cymbalta (or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Pharmaceutical Industry)
    #5703438 -

I saw a commercial for this drug a few days ago and it's been bouncing around in my head a whole bunch. The commercial struck me as being rather ridiculous. It sounded like it could have been an advertisement for ecstasy, only it was Cymbalta.

The tagline for the drug is super-creepy: Depression hurts, but you don't have to.

Anyone know the commercial and drug I'm talking about?


--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cymbalta (or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Pharmaceutical Industry) [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #5703483 -

:rofl2:

Yeah I've heard of this drug. I think I've also seen the commercial but I can't swear to it. Most medication commercials nowadays could easily be for ecstasy, I mean they all have people dancing through sunny meadows or playing games in a utopic setting. It's laughable. My mom tried Cymbalta once for her depression and said that it made her shakey and nauseauted and she couldn't sleep for an entire night.


--------------------
"What is in us that turns a deaf ear to the cries of human suffering?"

"Belief is a beautiful armor
But makes for the heaviest sword"
- John Mayer

Making the noise "penicillin" is no substitute for actually taking penicillin.

"This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing government, they can exercise their constitutional right of amending it, or their revolutionary right to dismember or overthrow it." -Abraham Lincoln

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cymbalta (or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Pharmaceutical Industry) [Re: dblaney]
    #5703488 -

dblaney said:
My mom tried Cymbalta once for her depression and said that it made her shakey and nauseauted and she couldn't sleep for an entire night.



Well I bet she couldn't think about her depression, so it worked. :wink:


--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cymbalta (or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Pharmaceutical Industry) [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #5703501 -

Hahah you know, I bet you're right.

They should market a new cure for depression: cobra venom. Whenever you're depressed, just pop a pill of cobra venom, and in no time at all you'll have completely forgotten you're depressed!

(Manufacturers warning: side effects can include nausea, excruciating pain, blood clots, strokes, heart attacks, difficulty breathing, the sensation that your body is on fire, high fevers, vomitting, hemorrages, the inability to talk, paralysis both temporary and permanent, and in some cases, death)


--------------------
"What is in us that turns a deaf ear to the cries of human suffering?"

"Belief is a beautiful armor
But makes for the heaviest sword"
- John Mayer

Making the noise "penicillin" is no substitute for actually taking penicillin.

"This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing government, they can exercise their constitutional right of amending it, or their revolutionary right to dismember or overthrow it." -Abraham Lincoln

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cymbalta (or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Pharmaceutical Industry) [Re: dblaney]
    #5703503 -

:rotfl:


--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cymbalta (or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Pharmaceutical Industry) [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #5703519 -

whered you get the dr strangelove title?


--------------------
PEACE

:mushroom2:zippoz:mushroom2:



"in times of widespread chaos and confusion, it has been the duty of more advanced human beings - artists, scientists, clowns, and philosophers - to create order. In such times as ours however, when there is too much order, too much m management, too much programming and control, it becomes the duty of superior men and women and women to fling their favorite monkey wrenches into the machinery. To relieve the repression of the human spirit, they must sow doubt and disruption"

"People do it every day, they talk to themselves ... they see themselves as they'd like to be, they don't have the courage you have, to just run with it."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cymbalta (or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Pharmaceutical Industry) [Re: ZippoZ]
    #5703523 -

I'm not sure exactly what that question means. It pretty much answers itself.


--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cymbalta (or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Pharmaceutical Industry) [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #5703794 -

I have a panging urge to see Strangelove now

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cymbalta (or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Pharmaceutical Industry) [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #5704020 -

M.A.D.

or

Mutually Assured Depression

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cymbalta (or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Pharmaceutical Industry) [Re: RandalFlagg]
    #5704167 -

its was more of a statment that im glad that you have seen the movie,


--------------------
PEACE

:mushroom2:zippoz:mushroom2:



"in times of widespread chaos and confusion, it has been the duty of more advanced human beings - artists, scientists, clowns, and philosophers - to create order. In such times as ours however, when there is too much order, too much m management, too much programming and control, it becomes the duty of superior men and women and women to fling their favorite monkey wrenches into the machinery. To relieve the repression of the human spirit, they must sow doubt and disruption"

"People do it every day, they talk to themselves ... they see themselves as they'd like to be, they don't have the courage you have, to just run with it."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cymbalta (or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Pharmaceutical Industry) [Re: ZippoZ]
    #5704242 -

Kubrick is awesome

he died not too long ago right?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Your First Love
( 1 2 3 4 all )
CherryBomM 14,049 79 06/05/03 12:40 AM
by lucid
* Love is the answer puscle 1,409 7 03/18/03 09:30 AM
by Dr. Slavic
* Learning Guitar
( 1 2 all )
ChopperDave 5,787 32 10/21/03 12:10 PM
by fireworks_god
* Your first true love
( 1 2 3 all )
Ripple 7,519 55 09/22/03 05:03 PM
by flanders53
* Post deleted by Moe Howard
( 1 2 all )
Anonymous 6,369 27 02/16/03 08:56 PM
by vivid
* Real Love
( 1 2 all )
Sterile 2,985 21 02/07/22 08:36 AM
by tyrannicalrex
* Why I love Shroomism *DELETED*
( 1 2 3 all )
Spiffy 5,539 47 10/31/03 01:46 PM
by silversoul7
* I love the Shroomery, it ain't no lie
( 1 2 all )
ThorA 5,542 32 10/24/05 08:59 PM
by XUL

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
895 topic views. 3 members, 29 guests and 145 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.031 seconds spending 0.008 seconds on 16 queries.