Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Humanity, and the book of Job
    #5696774 -

I recently read the book of Job, probably one of the few books in the bible I ever read. I am not an avid church goer, but during one of my more intense moments, I had this sudden urge to read the book of Job. In case anyone doesnt know, Job is one of the many mourners for God, God put him through shit and he was persistent and loyal. SouthPark makes the story of Job seem really stupid, but the book was well written. I like Job alot because he knows his place under the foot of God, but there is something about his persistence that I beleive we should all have. Like a certain sense of humility, an acceptance of ill fates. Knowing that the ups and downs that may seem so significant and painful too us, just being a mystery of life thats too wonderful to understand. Whether or not his story may be true, it still provides an example of one of the more honorable human beings to date.

"Naked I come from my mothers womb, and naked I shall depart."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Humanity, and the book of Job [Re: Jon]
    #5696794 -

I think there are a few good lessons in Job.  I think Job was a much better guy than God. God comes off second rate and petty as hell. :grin:


--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Humanity, and the book of Job [Re: Icelander]
    #5696855 -

God was really insecure for being omnipotent.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Humanity, and the book of Job [Re: it stars saddam]
    #5696868 -

" I am a jealous God" :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :crazy2:


--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Humanity, and the book of Job [Re: Icelander]
    #5696923 -

at least when you're humble you don't fall as far...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Humanity, and the book of Job [Re: Schwammel]
    #5697003 -

Are you talking about God? No one could accuse him of that. :grin:


--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Humanity, and the book of Job [Re: Icelander]
    #5697088 -

I beleive that I am God

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Humanity, and the book of Job [Re: Schwammel]
    #5697156 -

waht I can't understand is how millions of people elected bush
because he claimed to beleive in me?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Humanity, and the book of Job [Re: Schwammel]
    #5697170 -

Schwammel said:
I beleive that I am God



Very cool, did you know your son is fucking around down here on these forums when he should be out saving souls.


--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Humanity, and the book of Job [Re: Schwammel]
    #5697173 -

thats probably why the ceasars fell...they all claimed to be gods
and with the approach of democracy they couldn't have everybody claiming
to be god. it took 2000 years to put everybody back in place

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Humanity, and the book of Job [Re: Schwammel]
    #5697202 -

Schwammel said:
waht I can't understand is how millions of people elected bush
because he claimed to beleive in me?



they elected him because the election machines are rigged by diebold.......

and because they were fearful.


--------------------
I am the MacDaddy of Heimlich County, I play it Straight Up Yo!

....I embrace my desire to feel the rhythm, to feel connected enough to step aside and weep like a widow, to feel inspired, to fathom the power, to witness the beauty, to bathe in the fountain, to swing on the spiral of our divinity and still be a human......
Om Namah Shivaya, I tell you What!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Humanity, and the book of Job [Re: Jon]
    #5697214 -

Jon said:
but the book was well written.



The contents of the book, along with it's artistic structure and elegant style, place it among the literary masterpieces of all time.

Edited by gregorio (06/01/06 01:43 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Humanity, and the book of Job [Re: gregorio]
    #5697248 -

:rofl2: :thumbup:


--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Schwammel Booby 808 8 01/02/06 05:39 AM
by Booby
* Human Origins SkorpivoMusterion 1,421 7 09/19/03 01:34 PM
by Seuss
* Do Basic Human Morals Exist
( 1 2 all )
mrfreedom 5,524 24 05/28/02 09:55 AM
by Sclorch
* The Holy Book
( 1 2 all )
Spokesman 2,575 38 08/08/03 04:20 PM
by Spokesman
* the next step in human evolution
( 1 2 3 all )
buckwheat 4,552 46 06/27/03 11:13 AM
by BillMcShroom
* Good books on demonology?
( 1 2 all )
Larrythescaryrex 5,191 29 06/30/02 07:07 AM
by EvilBastard
* The true purpose of humanity
( 1 2 3 all )
PsycheStudent 4,918 44 06/19/03 02:59 PM
by c_mathimatics
* Humans, computers, and the superorganism skaMariaPastora 1,487 11 04/03/02 07:07 PM
by Anonymous

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Middleman, DividedQuantum
1,052 topic views. 1 members, 50 guests and 19 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.028 seconds spending 0.008 seconds on 16 queries.