Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Amanita Muscaria Store Amanita Extract, Amanita Muscaria

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Invisibleraytrace
Stranger

Re: Inducing Nightmares [Re: Ravus]
    #5234255 - 01/28/06 04:20 AM (18 years, 1 month ago)

get up around 5, eat something you know will make you (somewhat) sick and get back to sleep

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleMushmanTheManic
Stranger

#5235510 - 01/28/06 02:37 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

Melatonin has a warning label on it not to take it in combination with an MAOi...
You should try a combination of Melatonin and a MAOi.

OfflineTheGus
The Walrus

Re: Inducing Nightmares [Re: MushmanTheManic]
    #5235570 - 01/28/06 03:05 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

lady salvia shows us time

but she also shows us consciousness, the consciousness of the room or of my arm or the bed or my clothes

but again thats just me, i have been meaning to explore her world again some time soon :undecided:

"Row row row your boat, gently down the stream, merily merily merily merily, life is but a dream"

--------------------
"It is easier to teach a computer to play chess than to build a mudpie."Sherry Turkle Life on the Screen: Identity in the Age of the Internet
"Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts"-Einstein
:mrt: I pity the fool who break traffic laws with $870,000 of drugs in the car.      -mo0nlite_sonata
Psythos

InvisibleRavus
Not an EggshellWalker
 User Gallery

Loc: Cave of the Patriarchs
Re: Inducing Nightmares [Re: MushmanTheManic]
    #5236400 - 01/28/06 08:18 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

MAOIs are nightmarish in themselves. I watched the end scenes of "The Wall" on a high dose of syrian rue, and it was so incredibly fucked up. I kept confusing myself and the cartoon character on the screen as he was punished by the hammers and surreal creatures.

William S. Burroughs agrees. He devoted a couple pages in the extra commentary of "Naked Lunch" to B. caapi, and receives similar effects from the caapi as I do from rue.

However, I usually end up passing out at the end of a syrian rue trip, and don't remember experiencing any nightmares while asleep due purely to the effects of the MAOI.

--------------------
So long as you are praised think only that you are not yet on your own path but on that of another.

InvisibleMushmanTheManic
Stranger

#5236777 - 01/28/06 10:42 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

I've experimented with a few different MAOI's (Syrian Rue, Yohimbe, Saint Johns Wort, and Black Currant Juice). Syrian Rue probably couldn't be used, because of its harmala content, and Yohimbe is far too stimulating. St Johns Wort and Black Currant Juice are both weak, but if you took enough you may be able to amplify the effects of Melatonin. Although I haven't investigated it for myself yet, I've heard taking Melatonin with a MAOI, like Nardil, can cause hallucinations. :shrug:

I've also heard of people using Amanita Muscaria to stimulant intense vivid dreaming, but its just hearsay.

OfflineWorf
Lt. Commander

Loc: Final Frontier
    #5237248 - 01/29/06 12:49 AM (18 years, 1 month ago)

Yeh I'd have to say stress would be the best way to induce a nightmare. I remember when I started my old technical support job, I would dream about taking calls over and over. it was quite terrifying until you wake up and think about how silly it was

--------------------
Kira: What do Klingons dream about?

Worf: Things that would send cold chills down your spine, and wake you up in the middle of the night. No, it is better you do not know

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Amanita Muscaria Store Amanita Extract, Amanita Muscaria