Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
OfflineDeiymiyan
I AM

Loc: Within the Realm of Imagi...
Re: Nightmares [Re: ekomstop]
    #2044410 - 10/26/03 09:55 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

When I was a kid, I'd sometimes get these scary dreams of being very high up and still being able to notice the detail of the gravel below. There'd be train tracks laid within the gravel; and the tracks would go through various tunnels through these grey mountains.  Upon the tracks were mining carts which could be ridden.

It was ALWAYS a very uneasy feeling that I had when this dream came about [Sort of rollercoaster feeling].  It was also recurring in nature.

And EVERY TIME I had this dream, it was a precursor to a fever that which I had the very next morning.

:oogle:

Dreams are the reflections of a connection of two dimensions...  The physical one that you "move" through, and the less physical one which you seem to "fly" through.

The "flying"dimension is larger than the "walking/ moving" one.

I think that when the origin of the dream begins from the physical/ walking realm, then you have a problem/ worry  that you have that may be pending and/or unresolved. It is your Brain's way of asking for help... By putting the "cards on the table" so to speak.  Once you do so, the issues can be confronted and dealt with "head on". 

If, however, the dream's origin comes from the "flying" realm, it is a message; usually in the form of symbolysm and analogy, so that your brain can relate to the larger concepts. 

This message can be an incoming signal from your larger Self, OR, it can be a message from a source that exceeds your outer-most boundaries.

Regardless of the source, when fear becomes present, it is an important marker:

Fear signals the presence of great potential/power ; where great power potential  can be perceived by the brain as a threat....  For example, a confrontation with a tiger [an animal with relatively great power] will manifest itself as a fear resonse...  But it is not so much a response as it is a signal...  Your "receptor" picks up this signal and reflects it to you as a "feeling".

Sometimes this signal can be picked up as a "gut feeling" in the beginning...  So listening to your intuition is ALWAYS something one should take into consideration.    It is the unseen evidence of behind the scenes interaction.

Although they can seem strange at times, dreams are an important indicator: 

They remind us that  there is more out there     than we can always make clear cut sense out of.

The complexity of the larger is overwhelming to its neighbouring smaller dimension.

:eyemouth:

--------------------

Dei Gratia de integro,

Veni Vidi Vici:

In Nomine Domini..

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSpokesman
The HighPhilosopher

Loc: New Jersey U.S.
Re: Nightmares [Re: Deiymiyan]
    #2044579 - 10/26/03 11:57 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

I dunno exactly, i just consider nightmares equivilent to the occasional bad trip. Just like too much acid raises the possibility for a bad trip, tension and uncomftorble situations in your conceius world raise the posibillity for a nighmare. I barely have them and sometimes when i do its just the tipical sleep paralisis (i hate them) not really a nightmare. But last week i had to sleep in a very uncomftorable floor for the weekend and the first night i had 3 consecutive nightmare after everysingle one of them i woke up scared and swety. :smile: and went back to sleep. Its strange because of the control that i have gained over my mind in the recent years i start kreeping into a nightmare only to realize im in a dream and turning it into a fun lucid dream :evil: But the last time i had an uncontrolable one was that weekend

--------------------

OfflinephEight
fate
Loc: houston, tx
Re: Nightmares [Re: fireworks_god]
    #2044639 - 10/26/03 12:27 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

fireworks_god said:
Heh, one night I remember having a dream that I was sleeping in my bed and I woke up and saw an alien standing by my bed, and I started screaming, and then I woke up.. well, I TRIED to scream. I don't know if any of you are associated with the "trying to scream but nothing comes out" thing, but it ain't fun.

I've had those, and I can tell you, those are scary as all hell, and I'm 99.9% sure I'm wide awake cause I can see exactly where I'm sleeping from my eyes and I'm trying to move, wake up, scream for help... nothing comes out... scary as hell. It happen a couple times before. I haven't had many dreams lately, except when I do, they are bizarre and interesting. I remember one time, I was just in light, it was white light surrounding me and it was some sort of drug arena or something where you would take psychedelics. I've never had any psychedelics before, have only smoked pot. Was very interesting nonetheless.

--------------------
"Is it so bad, then, to be misunderstood? Pythagoras was misunderstood, and Socrates, and Jesus, and Luther, and Copernicus, and Galileo, and Newton, and every pure and wise spirit that ever took flesh. To be great is to be misunderstood." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
Re: Nightmares [Re: phEight]
    #2044667 - 10/26/03 12:34 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

phEight said:
Was very interesting nonetheless. 

Indeed. :grin:
Peace.

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order