Home | Community | Message Board

Shroom Supply
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineWasteland
Elektromeister!
Male User Gallery

Loc: A pathetic small town in ...
Nightmare inducing?
    #6050654 - 09/11/06 06:49 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

I don't often have nightmares, and if I do, I never seem to remember them. I was reading over H.P. Lovecraft's Wikipedia entry, and it claims that his nightmares may have directly inspired some of his best stories.

I would like to harvest nightmares as a possible source of material for stories.

Does anyone know ways of improving memories of dreams and nightmares, and possibly a method of breeding nightmares?

--------------------
The Mad Shroomer said:
People are always promising the apocalypse. They never deliver. :frown:

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleFucknuckle
Dog Lover

Re: Nightmare inducing? [Re: Wasteland]
    #6050686 - 09/11/06 06:57 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

If you want to improve memory retention of your dreams get a pencil and paper and as soon as you wake up get into the habit of writing.

Inducing nightmares ?.................Start pulling the legs of cats and dogs with pliers and sleeping with the squrimimg carcuss

--------------------
What it is, is what it is my Brother.
It is as it is, so suffer thru it.

OfflinePhanTomCat
Teh Cat....
Male User Gallery

Loc: My Youniverse....
Re: Nightmare inducing? [Re: Fucknuckle]
    #6050708 - 09/11/06 07:02 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

If you are going for nightmare "gold", read this....:

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/3044784#Post3044784

Not recommended, but there ya~ go....    :sun:

>^;;^<

--------------------
I'll be your midnight French Fry....  :naughty:

"The most important things in life that are often ignored, are the things that one cannot see...."

>^;;^<

InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
    #6050757 - 09/11/06 07:14 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Stuff yourself with pepperoni pizza just before bed.

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

OfflineBasilides
Servent ofWisdom
Male User Gallery

Loc: Crown and Heart
Re: Nightmare inducing? [Re: Icelander]
    #6050773 - 09/11/06 07:17 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Pizza always makes me dream of large dragons on the toilet :tongue:

--------------------

"Have you found the beginning, then, that you are looking for the end? You see, the end will be where the beginning is. Congratulations to the one who stands at the beginning: that one will know the end and will not taste death."

InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
Re: Nightmare inducing? [Re: Basilides]
    #6050782 - 09/11/06 07:19 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Like I said.

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

OfflineWasteland
Elektromeister!
Male User Gallery

Re: Nightmare inducing? [Re: PhanTomCat]
    #6050885 - 09/11/06 07:44 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

PhanTomCat said:
If you are going for nightmare "gold", read this....:

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/3044784#Post3044784

Not recommended, but there ya~ go....    :sun:

>^;;^<

Whoa, I said nightmares, not inescapable mindfucks.

--------------------
The Mad Shroomer said:

OfflineApJunkie
part-time Ninja
Male

Loc: Loc:Loc:Loc:Loc:Loc:
    #6050890 - 09/11/06 07:48 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

yeah, henbane would do it... but most people don't consider that shit fun.

the best secret for remembering your dreams? stop smoking pot. seriously.

OfflineWasteland
Elektromeister!
Male User Gallery

Re: Nightmare inducing? [Re: ApJunkie]
    #6050905 - 09/11/06 07:53 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

I suppose I could switch to Mushrooms or Acid as my choice recreational drug.

--------------------
The Mad Shroomer said:

OfflineApJunkie
part-time Ninja
Male

Loc: Loc:Loc:Loc:Loc:Loc:
    #6050925 - 09/11/06 07:59 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

yeah, quitting pot will help you remember dreams tons better.

you could always have someone drip some LSD in your ear while you're sleeping. you'd start tripping asleep (and probably have some gnarly dreams), then eventually the trip would cause you to wake up where you'd continue to have neat visions.

my guess would be you could write a hell of a story after that

OfflinePhanTomCat
Teh Cat....
Male User Gallery

Loc: My Youniverse....
    #6050937 - 09/11/06 08:01 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

:grin:  :evil:  :sun:

>^;;^<

--------------------
I'll be your midnight French Fry....  :naughty:

"The most important things in life that are often ignored, are the things that one cannot see...."

>^;;^<

Offlineleery11
I Tell You What!

Re: Nightmare inducing? [Re: PhanTomCat]
    #6051561 - 09/11/06 11:05 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

luciidty.

make up your own nightmare as you go.

really the idea of having nightmares is silly. what you are after is creativity, abstraction, really random weird stuff linked together to make a compelling and interesting dream.

and then perhaps you are inclined for it to have a horror motif, but you do not want to actually be scared. maybe you do but what i'm trying to say is that the fact that you don't have nightmares means you are confronting issues in your subconscious and growing in maturity and development....

nightmares, having them means you have issues you are REPRESSING. nightmares mean mental instability dude.

you can get bizarre whacked out super weird dreams that have the neatness of nightmares, and you can dream in "horror" without being terrified, but a real, true blue actual nightmare is something that people are blessed to not to have to mess with you know?

they are so intresting, they snap you out of complacency and might humble you a bit, but you can reap the same results without having to have the crap scared out of you .......

go lucid and explore the depths of your mind if you wanna...... providing that you are lucid and aren't repressing things heavily there is a point where you can intercept anything scary... because in my brain how a nightmare works is this

you suddenly approach something which you intuit will be scary, you are then unable to cope and let fear build up, this build up of fear ensures that a normal dream turns bad.

however if lucid upon seizing a moment in which you clearly perceive that your mind is throwing something scary at you, you can kind of "consent" for it to not happen, then when it does happen even if it is supposed to be terrifying really you're just looking at something strange, looking at the stuff nightmares are made of, without particularly being scared.

its a lot like tripping i think but so much smoother since normally just being in a dream isn't enough to freak you out, dreaming is normal, but tripping wide awake isn't.

so maybe a little off topic, maybe a bit ego indulging to reflect on this but here's how expectations create dreams, because i don't think dreams can happen unless you let your thoughts run away from you, if you stare at a single thing in a dream the dream starts to dissipate and you have the reigns but anyway

i put my hands together and spliced some energy into a solid red ball. i then made this ball into a grenade. i attempted to put a yellow stripe on it but it wouldn't do it so i intuited that if i imagined what the stripe looked like, then closed my eyes and opened them, it would transfer to the dream construct.

it did.

I then imagined there was tons of confetti in it and got ready to throw it, but my family were around, and this was a grenade after all, i thought, wait what if it blows up? ------------- here's the thing you are authoring your destiny in a dream, its completely possibile that if you have this thought, it could blow up ----------- but they said to me, reflecting my ruminations, "no it won't don't worry about that" and i knew they were right, if i wanted confetti to come out it would.

i threw it, had to kind of make it let loose... confetti popped out then swirled into couch cushions and landed on the couch, as if seeing a psychedelic transformal in reverse.

so if you let just one thought slip away, such as "wait what if it really blows up" that can create an entirely new dream in which that happens, but imagine now if your thoughts are loaded with fear because they are heavily repressed thoughts! that's how nightmares work.

--------------------
I am the MacDaddy of Heimlich County, I play it Straight Up Yo!

....I embrace my desire to feel the rhythm, to feel connected enough to step aside and weep like a widow, to feel inspired, to fathom the power, to witness the beauty, to bathe in the fountain, to swing on the spiral of our divinity and still be a human......
Om Namah Shivaya, I tell you What!

Edited by leery11 (09/11/06 11:10 PM)

Offlinemesoamerican
Stranger
Male

Re: Nightmare inducing? [Re: leery11]
    #15176990 - 10/04/11 04:25 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

I have a few nightmares a week. I believe it's the state of mind your on. Your mind plays trick on you. Things you are repressing in your mind or guilty thoughts may induce nightmares. It can also just be random factors of everyday life and things you might have saw that day or past. You might not notice but these dreams or nightmares never end. Some may repeat over and over again like a continuation of a movie plot. However, things may change little by little. If you are having a lucid/ nightmare dream, your surroundings from where you are sleeping at may create false demons or evil entities. For example, a plant may look like a crazy demon with a hair dress or a suit on the closet may seem like a person or shadow looking at you. A few days ago, I had one where this demonic hand was trying to grab me from the window. Shit scared the shit out of me. I was so scared and pissed off at the same time I cursed it out and left. I don't love these experiences but I think the trick to not wake up is to not fight it and let it take over. They progress and get worse if you let yourself. I only did this once. I let this nightmare progress and finally this demon baby was sucking my palm. I couldnt handle it anymore so I had to wake up. I wonder if there are any people here that are not afraid of waking up in the terrifying moments of dreams, I would like to know. ..

--------------------
Hi. Just want to make friends.

OfflineSeriously_Spaced
Psychedelic Lover
Male User Gallery

Loc: California,United States ... Flag
    #15177334 - 10/04/11 07:16 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Wasteland said:
I don't often have nightmares, and if I do, I never seem to remember them. I was reading over H.P. Lovecraft's Wikipedia entry, and it claims that his nightmares may have directly inspired some of his best stories.

I would like to harvest nightmares as a possible source of material for stories.

Does anyone know ways of improving memories of dreams and nightmares, and possibly a method of breeding nightmares?

Slee[p deprivation then sleeping pills real strong ones ie.60mgremeron solu. sometimes gives me nightmares. Also watching hell of twisted thing at like 3 am or soething late then drinking hardliqor also ma m have nightmares. I would suggest delving into the world of nightmares sometimes its haard to ever have a good dream after that.ut if your dead set on it get a graphic war game play it all day and night for a week and your dreams will be like a warzone

--------------------
All you need is love:heart:

I believe in everything until it's disproved. So I believe in fairies, the myths, dragons. It all exists, even if it's in your mind. Who's to say that dreams and nightmares aren't as real as the here and now?-John Lennon

I'm not going to change the way I look or the way I feel to conform to anything. I've always been a freak. So I've been a freak all my life and I have to live with that, you know. I'm one of those people.
-John Lennon

Life is like a dang old rubix cube you get one side right you mess up the other-Boomhauer
To do list-Ketamine:specialk:, Mushrooms:heart:,LSD:awecid::,Salvia:rocket:,DMT,DXM:crazy2:,Cocaine:rail2:,2c-e:pipesmoke:,Molly:rave:,E:heart:,MXE, 4-Aco-DMT, 25inbome:heart:,6-APB and    5-meo-dalt

Offlinedesert father
Stranger
    #15178468 - 10/04/11 11:01 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

for whatever it's worth i remember hearing that marilyn manson writes down his nightmares and tries to have bad trips for creative purposes.

great idea imo

--------------------
vi veri veniversum vivus vici

What she said :
"I smoke 'cos I'm hoping for an
Early death
AND I NEED TO CLING TO SOMETHING !"

OfflineRusoQuintalis
Renaissance Man
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada Flag
Re: Nightmare inducing? [Re: desert father]
    #15198078 - 10/08/11 11:32 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

A close friend of mine induces steady nightmares by immersing himself in his obsession with zombies. He smokes pot constantly while doing this, to heighten the sensation and focus on the experience.

Top of the Line Gaming PC + Widescreen monitor + "Dead Island"/"Dawn of the Dead"/"Dead Rising"/"Left for Dead" etc. for 12-16 hours at a time + dark room and loud audio.
Sleep.
Repeat. Repeat.

These habits effect most aspects of his life though, eating habits, social activity, energy levels, etc. It's a lifestyle for him. He doesn't leave the house very often. :frown: He's not much a friend to anyone anymore.

I do love H.P. Lovecrafts work, though apparently he was an unpleasant person in reality.

Nightmares are one thing, lucid dreaming is another.
I recommend you pursue lucid dreaming. You can explore all the dark worlds and bizarre planes you want far better in a lucid dream. Better not to be a fragile victim of your own subconscious.

Also, I can attest to better dream recall off the THC. I've been keeping a dream journal since I was 17, and definitely notice the difference.

OfflineYith
Stranger
Male

Loc: Pennsylvania
Re: Nightmare inducing? [Re: RusoQuintalis]
    #15198227 - 10/09/11 12:19 AM (9 years, 7 months ago)

Like others have said inducing nightmares and nightmares in general aren't a good idea most likely.  But I'm pretty sure creepy music will do it, on while you sleep.  Faaip de Oiad was pretty terrifying from falling asleep with lateralus on, although that wakes you up eventually.

I know I've heard some songs with extremely creepy satanic voices but I don't remember where from.

Had a nightmare presumably from being sick a few days ago.. I never have many but I did have an exorcist nightmare and worse.. I really don't recommend chasing them. 

Also, I don't take cough medicine anymore because of this, but the past two times I was sick enough to take cough medicine it caused strange negative dreams and an inbetween alseep and awake trance where I was basically tripping, but stuck that way. 

So a bunch of cough medicine and satanic voices on repeat/creepy music (maybe timed to start once you are well asleep) would probably really really terrify you.  Hopefully it's seeming like a bad idea now but definitely post if you do this.. ha.

--------------------
See my shadow changing,
Stretching up and over me.
Soften this old armor.
Hoping I can clear the way
By stepping through my shadow,
Coming out the other side.
Step into the shadow.
Forty six and two are just ahead of me.

Offlinemesoamerican
Stranger
Male

Re: Nightmare inducing? [Re: Yith]
    #15199897 - 10/09/11 01:23 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

This is crazy stuff.. like tripping with no drugs eh?

--------------------
Hi. Just want to make friends.

Offlinefallguy
sane?
Male

Loc: home
Re: Nightmare inducing? [Re: mesoamerican]
    #15201721 - 10/09/11 07:44 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

Put on a nicotine patch right before bed serious wicked dreams

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology