Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlinemadisongreen
Stranger
Speaking with spirits - very bad
    #488518 - 12/12/01 10:23 AM (22 years, 3 months ago)

One person that I consider wise, told me not to speak with any spirit. He said that any spirit that would communicate with a person was breaking a law from God that was laid down at the time of the flood. Only a bad spirit would talk to a person. He says that they imitate peoples dead loved ones, masquerading as ghosts.
My friend says that they are tricksters like snakes and not to be trusted because they sometimes mislead people.
I know that there are people here who probably communicate with spirits.
I dont want to start controversy, but does anyone here have any views on this?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisiblePrellgott
addict
Re: Speaking with spirits - very bad [Re: madisongreen]
    #488551 - 12/12/01 10:57 AM (22 years, 3 months ago)

hmmm I had a very very bad feeling with some "voices", "spirits"..like bad thoughts that don't come from me, trying to convince me of being ill, or being hunted by the police etc..
must have been a voice of my own paranoia..:

HMM I liked the female "voice" from the moon, she was cool..

I hate when gods tell me that they ar the only one and want me to obey them and stuff...a real god wouldn't need that

oh wasn't taht Jehova from the bible talking like that..ups

no sir..I'd rather smoke a spliff..obeying and believing in you is just not my style you know..sorry, but nevertheless impressive show ;)

PRELLI

--------------------
i'm back

Edited by Prellgott (12/12/01 11:01 AM)

Offlinejonnyshaggs420
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Mid-West
    #488793 - 12/12/01 02:24 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

I used to talk to spirits on a constant basis. Although not so much anymore. None of them ever resembled anyone I Ever knew. I don't think that talking to "spirits" is wrong or evil. I veiw people like your "wise" friend as quacks. They don't know much about what they are talking about so they make it up as they go along. Spirits are just a conciousness at another level of existence. Its the same as when people say they talk to "angels". But don't get me wrong, not all spirits are pleasant and good to talk to. Many can be viscious little sons of bitches that try to persuad you in their favor or steal and break personal belongings. Perhaps even minor posession. Those bastards.

--------------------
Vote Jonnyshaggs in the next election for GOD...Its the responsible choice

InvisibleSclorch
Clyster

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: On the Brink of Madness
Re: Speaking with spirits - very bad [Re: jonnyshaggs420]
    #488808 - 12/12/01 02:37 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

What the fuck kind of post is this?

Your "friend" is Ms. Clio isn't it?

ENOUGH OF THESE BULLSHITE TOPICS!!!!!

--------------------
Note: In desperate need of a cure...

InvisibleRevelation

User Gallery

Loc: heart cave
    #488818 - 12/12/01 02:52 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

Ever heard of the Electronic Voice Phenomena Society? I hadn't until I saw a programme on the TV about it a couple of days ago....basically these people think you can capture the voices of the dead on a dictophone or something similar...it was pretty convincing actually, this guy was video taped having long conversations with someone, apparently, from beyond the grave. The vatican approved of this stuff in the 50's, so it can't be that evil.

--------------------

OfflineKeepAskingTime
addict
Loc: Central PA
Re: Speaking with spirits - very bad [Re: Sclorch]
    #488943 - 12/12/01 04:55 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

Her name is Ms. Cleo, ya punk.

The Vatican is evil, a little bit anyway.

--------------------
I'm praying for infinite lapdances in heaven and an infinite supply of cocaine to snort out of Angelina Jolie's ass crack.

Invisiblevivid
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Berkeley, California
Re: Speaking with spirits - very bad [Re: KeepAskingTime]
    #489074 - 12/12/01 06:51 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

I wouldn't consider talking with spirits evil. I think it depends on the feeling you get when you encounter, whether its one of peace or of malice. To say that any spirit was going against God makes me wonder who told him this? It must have been an 'evil' spirit. I wouldn't worry about it.

InvisibleCherryBomM
Yoga Gypsy
Female User Gallery

Loc: Ontario
Re: Speaking with spirits - very bad [Re: vivid]
    #489680 - 12/13/01 09:58 AM (22 years, 3 months ago)

I think saying that all spirits are evil is inaccurate. What about spirt guides? They are there to help you if you're aware of them. Or lost souls who are stuck in between this side and the other because of complications or tragedy?

It's like saying all psychics are con-artists.

--------------------

Offlinealphatrion
journeyman
    #489747 - 12/13/01 11:34 AM (22 years, 3 months ago)

Maybe this person is of the christian convent. Nothing wrong with that, i'm myself part of that. But also know that in christianity the 'individual' is not as important as in for example humanism or modern day individualism. In religion as with psychedelic use 'giving up yoursefl' is important. If the voices (your own voices - voices from god?) tell you something meaningfull in this perspective you should embrace them. The bible is full of 'voices'...

I agree with the viewpoint that ANY voice should not be blindly believed or followed, including spirits and your friends. Come to your own conclusions.

Anonymous

#489787 - 12/13/01 12:07 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

If a spirit's intention is deception, then one should avoid that type.
If a spirit's intention is to help or love, then what is wrong?

Some spirits are just lost souls, who never came to grips with their death, and are still wandering the physical plane even though they are not physical. Should we just let them suffer like this eternally? No, we can show them what happened, and lead them to where they were intended to go.

Of course there are bad spirits, who will mislead, but this does not make all spirits this way. The only way to tell for sure is in your heart..what does intuition tell you? Do you feel love and acceptance or fear and deception?

OfflineNextGenHippie
enthusiast
Loc: MD, USA
    #489860 - 12/13/01 01:02 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

What if you don't believe in the Judeo-Christian notion of 'One true God'?

--------------------
[pot]Think left and think right[pot]
[pot]and think low and think high[pot]
[pot]Oh, the thinks you can think up if only you try[pot]
-Dr. Seuss

OfflineKeepAskingTime
addict
Re: Speaking with spirits - very bad [Re: NextGenHippie]
    #490263 - 12/13/01 07:14 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

There is no God....
only whatever the fuck.....................this is?
oh yeah...um....yeah!
Creation!
Which is....uh, everything!
if everything....then nothing because there is no comparison.

--------------------
I'm praying for infinite lapdances in heaven and an infinite supply of cocaine to snort out of Angelina Jolie's ass crack.

OfflineThe Oswego Eclipse
old hand
Loc: Colorado
    #490400 - 12/13/01 09:18 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

At least you guys have the ability to talk to spirits.

I would like to experience something like that, but I guess I don't know how.

--------------------
Would you like to find out how Reginold seduced Lolita with a tub of Mayonaise?

OfflineAdamist
ℚṲℰϟ✞ЇѺℵ ℛ∃Åʟḯ†У
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bloomington, IN
Re: Speaking with spirits - very bad [Re: The Oswego Eclipse]
    #490530 - 12/13/01 11:20 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

In reply to:

At least you guys have the ability to talk to spirits. I would like to experience something like that, but I guess I don't know how.

Take a large does of potent mushrooms, sit in the dark by yourself or with a person very close to you...

Make sure you have your intentions figured out before this. If you want to contact a spirit, then base the whole trip around contacting them.

Oh, and be careful for what you ask for... :)

--------------------
:heartpump: { { { ṧ◎ηḯ¢ αʟ¢ℌ℮мƴ } } } :heartpump:

OfflineTannis
ZoneTrooper
Loc: MD.USA
    #497815 - 12/21/01 12:22 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

I've spoken with angels who told me what's to be... I've had them wake me before something bad could happen... I've had "bad spirits" harass, trouble, and even try to kill me... And all this while NOT tripping... The bad ones have set fires, made threats-and in some cases carried them out... I've had them dog me and I've gotten blamed for stuff I had nothing to do with... When I see (sense) them... I tell them to get out.... ---I don't know Ms Cleo--- ---Tannis...

OfflineQuantumMeltdown
Space Monkey
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Re: Speaking with spirits - very bad [Re: Tannis]
    #498156 - 12/21/01 07:29 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

I need some advice about what to do when being contacted by a malevolent entity. There was this one experience I had that really freaked me out because I wasn't even tripping at the time. I had just come back from a two day trip and had not smoked pot the entire time. Imediatly upon arriving home I smoked some of my grass and went to bed. As I lay there in bed I couldn't sleep and in a few minutes later I felt a very strong presence in the room with me that had a permeating possessive quality to it. I almost shit my pants I was so scared and I was seriously possessed for about a half hour I was going through peroids where I had uncontrolable muscle spasms and leg kicks. I experience severe foreign thoughts that did not seem to come from me which were all very dirty and evil in nature. My question is for any who have read this far is what can I do to ward of entitys like that when I can feel their presence and its not friendly. On strong trips I experience entitys sometimes but they are usually friendly in nature and are only interested in my well being. This was the first time I had experienced an "Evil" entity. Even on very scary bad trips I havent gotten any of these entitys. Also I know for a fact my pot wasn't laced with pcp or anything so please don't respond with posts like that. Thanks for your time.

--------------------
-QuantumMeltdown

Total abstinence is so excellent a thing that it cannot be carried to too great an extent. In my passion for it I even carry it so far as to totally abstain from total abstinence itself.
  -Mark Twain

"The time has come the walrus said, little oysters  hide their heads, my Twain of thought is loosely bound I guess its time to Mark this down, Be good and you will be lonesome
Be lonesome and you will be free
Live a lie and you will live to regret it
That's what livin' is to me
That's what livin' is to me"
Jimmy Buffett

OfflineKeepAskingTime
addict
Re: Speaking with spirits - very bad [Re: QuantumMeltdown]
    #498247 - 12/21/01 09:51 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

Tell the malevolent entities that you don't want them, you are a service-to-other being, but nonetheless show them love.

--------------------

Anonymous

#498288 - 12/21/01 10:46 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

What Keepaskingtime said..
tell it to leave your presence, that it is not welcome there.

Invisiblecarbonhoots
old hand

Loc: BC Canada
    #498815 - 12/22/01 06:30 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

Well, in the Bible there are lots and lots of post-flood instances where people, like St. John for example, who communicated with spirits. So I don't think it's against God's command.

However, you have to be careful. By their fruits you will know them.

I figure everybody communes with spirits on a regular basis, just it's hard to recognize it as such.

--------------------
  -I'd rather have a frontal lobotomy than a bottle in front of me

CANADIAN CENTER FOR POLICY ALTERNATIVES

OfflineTannis
ZoneTrooper
Loc: MD.USA
Re: Speaking with spirits - very bad [Re: QuantumMeltdown]
    #503115 - 12/28/01 07:57 AM (22 years, 3 months ago)

Authority is the key... Authority is when its not the person but the organization they represent... One cop or army guy isn't enough but they have the entire unit / force / or even government behind them to "back up what they want to enforce". That's the real key. Back-up! If you tell something stronger than you to get out and your not a member of something that can "back you up" you're looking to get your ass kicked! Exorcisms do work...I've seen them done...participated in them...even done them by myself! But you have to have authority (spiritual back up)... If you don't have it (and it sounds like you don't)...get someone who does.
Prayers for you...Tannis

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom