Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Boomr Bag   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 |  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Xmas is coming - Give your friends their own mini terrarium... * 1
    #4878552 -

If you are stuck for a gift for xmas, give your closest friends one of these. Just a note that a similar idea was suggested in this post. I didn't get the idea from here, I made a few of these and did up the pictorial on how to do it, then read that post. Great minds I guess....  :wink:

Gather the following materials -

1 Liter yoghurt container -



1 Jar of colonised WBS or colonised PF jar -



Some polyfill -



Some sterile casing mix -



Wash your yoghurt container well with bleach and water.

Using a marker pen and a tape measure, make a dot about 5 centimtres up the side of the container - on opposite ends.



Cut holes where the mark is about the diameter of a pen, and cut one the same size in the centre of the lid.



Stuff these holes with polyfill.



Gather your equipment.



Using a sterile spoon, spoon some of the mycelium into the bottom of the container, about 1 centimetre below the polyfill holes - leaving a little space for the casing layer. Make this nice and level.



Add some casing layer, and smooth this over the mycelium - it should be the level of the polyfill.



Give this two or three pumps with a hand mister and distilled water, and put on the lid.



Expose to light, wait a few weeks and -



Edit: I recently did this experiment again and managed to get some pics of the results this time, so thought I would add them since it is nearly xmas again (ended up producing enough for two people to have a very merry xmas :wink:) -



You have a perfect little automated terrarium for your friends who would love to see their own shrooms grow but dont share the same passion/knowledge as you. Merry Xmas!    :thumbup: :mushroom2:

Edited by _OttO_ (11/13/06 03:55 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Christmas is coming - are you stuck for a gift? *DELETED* [Re: _OttO_]
    #4878598 -

Post deleted by dr0mni

Reason for deletion: ..


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Christmas is coming - are you stuck for a gift? [Re: dr0mni]
    #4895822 -

Polyfill stays just fine, but yeah your right, clear containers would be a bit better. Waiting on the fruiting of one of these right now, will let you know how it goes.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Christmas is coming - are you stuck for a gift? [Re: _OttO_]
    #4895849 -

Badass Otto. But like I mentioned in the other thread, giving this gift lets them know you grow.

Not knocking your idea in any way, for I think it's completely cool, just a heads up if you didn't think about that.


--------------------
P. Cubensis Growth Parameters
"All mushrooms are edible, but some only once."
-- Croatian Proverb

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Christmas is coming - are you stuck for a gift? [Re: _OttO_]
    #4896222 -

That is an awesome idea! I will defiantly give those to a couple very very close friends of mine, maybe it'll keep them from mooching from me for awhile =)


--------------------
----- "Goatpoojoe's a super cool dude!!" -----Goatpoojoe's Mom (A.K.A. Poo's mom)

My friends call me Poo.

-Goatpoojoe-

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Christmas is coming - are you stuck for a gift? [Re: goatpoojoe]
    #4896896 -

goatpoojoe said:
That is an awesome idea! I will defiantly give those to a couple  very very close friends of mine, maybe it'll keep them from mooching from me for awhile =)



I bet you enjoy the mooching  :rolleyes:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Christmas is coming - are you stuck for a gift? [Re: _OttO_]
    #4897401 -

:smirk:  Very nice idea for a gift.  Doesn't get any simpler than that.  Although, I'm sure my friends would find a way to fudge that up too:evil:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Christmas is coming - are you stuck for a gift? [Re: jarroddupont]
    #4924378 -

jarroddupont said:
Badass Otto. But like I mentioned in the other thread, giving this gift lets them know you grow.

Not knocking your idea in any way, for I think it's completely cool, just a heads up if you didn't think about that.



Depends on how close your friends are I suppose - keep it for a few select 'special' friends.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Christmas is coming - are you stuck for a gift? [Re: _OttO_]
    #4924394 -

Grow =

:sun:

:sun: :sun:

:sun: :sun: :sun:


--------------------
Child of the 60's, Tripping ever since.


:sun:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Christmas is coming - are you stuck for a gift? [Re: _OttO_]
    #5099338 -

I was gonna give a terrarium that's all set to grow to my best buddy...but then decided against it. Seems like it might end up being more trouble then it's worth.


--------------------
My Humidifier Reservoir Expansion Tek

Must read links for beginners

Btw- You are not what you own!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Christmas is coming - are you stuck for a gift? [Re: _OttO_]
    #5100988 -

tokey666 said:
(This idea deserves a bump before christmas.)

What was your yield? Have any full growth pics?



Unfortunately I didnt get a yield or photos of the mature mushrooms, I was away on holiday and the units were given out as presents. I was informed that they popped the lid off though they grew so big. Probably about enough for two cruisy doses, but a second flush came through as well after that.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Christmas is coming - are you stuck for a gift? [Re: _OttO_]
    #5101527 -

id mix in a lil horse poo to give the shrooms a but more kick.  But thats just me :smile:


--------------------
To get really high is to forget yourself. And to forget yourself is to see everything else. And to see everything else is to become an understanding molecule in evolution, a conscious tool of the universe. And I think every human being should be a conscious tool of the universe. . . .

-JG

i really am glad you came back to us instead of taking the other path. *hug*

-A_S (RIP your final words to me will never be forgotten)



Don't fuck with the laughing jesus.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Christmas is coming - are you stuck for a gift? [Re: coda]
    #5102838 -

Agreed, although they did fine off just WBS alone... a little poo would be the way to go.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Christmas is coming - are you stuck for a gift? [Re: _OttO_]
    #6277961 -

Edited and bumped for the festive season. :thumbup:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Christmas is coming - are you stuck for a gift? [Re: _OttO_]
    #6277986 -

Nice to see this again. It is the gift that keeps on giving :smile:


--------------------

Ronhero on the Growery is me

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Christmas is coming - are you stuck for a gift? [Re: Babo911]
    #6278025 -

Great idea. I know a few who will love that one.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Christmas is coming - are you stuck for a gift? [Re: JRayV]
    #6278090 -

very cool :smile:


--------------------
I Don't come to fight flesh and blood but spiritual wickedness in high and low places

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Christmas is coming - are you stuck for a gift? [Re: VampireSlayer]
    #6278155 -

Thanks - the second tub I made was actually done with poo instead of straight wild bird seed...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Christmas is coming - are you stuck for a gift? [Re: _OttO_]
    #6278170 -

Awesome idea! I know a couple of friends who would enjoy that. I think I'm going to have to indulge. :smile:

Way to think outside of the box.


--------------------
Dont get caught dancing.

It's just, K.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Christmas is coming - are you stuck for a gift? [Re: JustK]
    #6278319 -

I WISH I could do this , but I'm afraid it might draw some unwanted attention :thumbdown:

Peace,LOve,Happiness and Harmony
:heart: Hippie Chick  :mushroom2:


--------------------
Peace,Love and Happiness
:heart: HC :mushroom2:

Freedoms just another word for nothing left to lose..............

I LUV My Greenhouse
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/5545848#5545848

My First Pans
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/6212058#6212058

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 |  [ show all ]

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Boomr Bag   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* christmas comes a creeping user_exists 920 8 11/22/02 01:00 AM
by Skikid16
* christmas lights?
( 1 2 all )
sancho 2,164 23 08/10/19 07:39 AM
by bodhisatta
* christmas lights harmonics 1,497 16 12/17/02 03:54 PM
by NSKiller
* Christmas Lights? monkeymagic 1,851 8 07/30/03 07:22 AM
by BatFly
* My cakes are stuck! flawed 1,357 8 11/04/02 12:51 PM
by flawed
* lighting with christmas lights? Osker246 1,558 8 09/27/03 03:16 AM
by xxsoultonesxx
* Stuck Mycelium ionic 1,230 7 08/02/01 08:24 AM
by Shiznitz
* Christmas Lights As Lighting Mighty Bop 2,046 8 08/10/19 03:56 AM
by bodhisatta

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
10,951 topic views. 15 members, 167 guests and 119 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.033 seconds spending 0.01 seconds on 16 queries.