Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Anonymous

Service-to-Self and Service-to-Others
    #480246 - 12/05/01 12:21 AM (22 years, 3 months ago)

In life there are ways that we choose to live with other people. Currently in our 3rd dimensional world, we are able to experience both living fully for the self, and living in willing service to others. We can experience either one at any time we choose, and are able to see how it effects us and those around us. Let's take a quick look at the two different life orientations..

Service-to-Self. Beings who live for themselves. These type of people only care about themselves. They will not usually take into account the feelings of other people, and will use any means neccessary to put themselves in a higher ranking. These people usually want to be in power, in order to control. Their tactics for gaining control include, but are not limited to; manipulation of others, deception, intimidation, hate, and other fear based ways of being. These beings use others in order to put them on a higher level, using intimidation as their main way of achieving this. These beings do not function very well as a community... as none of them can trust each other, they are always lying and trying to cheat one other. Needless to say, as a group it is hard for them to accomplish very much. Usually there is a leader on top who control everyone under him/her, and uses fear as his means. Everyone under him does the same to those underneath them. Everyone in this orientation is only concerned with themselves, and so you can rely on no one but yourself. The Service-to-Self will be thinking of themselves 95% of the time.

Service-to-Other. This is a community focused orientation. To live Service-to-Other means to be concerned about everyone else in your community as much or more than yourself. These beings are centered in unconditional love, acceptance, mutual respect, and appreciativeness. They function very well as a society, since everyone is working to help everyone else, no one is left out. Everyone is provided for with all of their material and emotional needs. For instance you are the gardener... you help grow the plants and you contribute your crops to the community, in exchange you get clothes, shelter, and everything else that you need. Everyone is concerned with everyone else's well-being, and everyone is happy since their is a feeling of satisfaction from helping your fellow man. They function very well as a group, since their is very little arguing and bickering, much can be accomplished to work towards the common goal. Everyone chooses a skill that they enjoy and excel at, and they are encouraged to expand their skills. This skill will be their role in the community, while allowing the flexability of changing their skill at any time or taking on another role. To live Service-to-Other does not mean that you do not think of your own well-being, as everyone must do that, it only means that you think of other's well being as much as your own.

It can be hard to differentiate the difference between the two groups at times, as many times one can be fluctuating between them. One who is Service-to-Self can appear to be a very charismatic, charming individual, while a Service-to-Other could appear as a very shy, withdrawn person. The way to determine is the intentions of that person. What would that person do in an emergency situation? Would they run as fast as they could to safety or would they stay and try to help someone in trouble? Would that person screw someone else over just so that they could gain from it? Or would that person try to find a solution where both parties can gain?

It is important for us to recognize these two groups of life orientation. For in the near future, we will all have had to make a choice as to how we want to live. For in the 3rd dimension, every experience that takes place is wisdom gained that we use to determine if we are going to live as Service-to-Self, or Service-to-Others.
You see, in order to leave the 3rd dimension, there is but one thing that has to occur, and that is to make this choice. Everything you learn, see, feel, experience up to this point is what leads you to make this decision. One cannot enter into the 4th density until they have chosen their life orientation.
This is no quick, conscious decision either, it is made within the deepest reaches of the soul. It is an emotional, physical, mental, and spiritual choice. It will effect your every day life, and your interactions with others and yourself. The only way you can truly know is to study your interactions with others in your daily life. While some will change their decision quickly as time draws closer, many have already chosen and will stick with their path. Just for referance purposes the ratio of Service-to-Others and Service-to-Self is about 9 to 1. (In the 4th and higher densities) Service-to-Self make up about 10% or less.
We must choose our life orientation, and I have chosen to serve others. I am here to help, as I hope you out there are here to help me. For those of you that live for themselves only: It can be a very lonely road to follow, but I send you my deepest love as we are all a part of the same Creation, and someday we will merge as one.

So La Re En Lo

Edited by Shroomism (12/05/01 12:26 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineAdamist
ℚṲℰϟ✞ЇѺℵ ℛ∃Åʟḯ†У
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bloomington, IN
Re: Service-to-Self and Service-to-Others [Re: ]
    #480638 - 12/05/01 11:43 AM (22 years, 3 months ago)

I have been thinking on this for awhile... I know I have a deep desire to help others, to ease suffering, no matter how small... but I keep switching sides when I look at my intentions. Sometimes I will do things for others, but sometimes (actually most of the time) I do things for myself. I think most people aren't aware of how much they do for themselves. After thinking about it, I realized that I am a very selfish person, no matter what excuses I may come up with.

Everytime I make a conciouss effort to change, I fall asleep and forget. Then I remember. Then I forget. It goes on like this...

I am weak, and maybe admitting this to myself is the only way for me to become stronger.

--------------------
:heartpump: { { { ṧ◎ηḯ¢ αʟ¢ℌ℮мƴ } } } :heartpump:

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
    #480723 - 12/05/01 01:12 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

Service-to-others is a highly tricky subject. Most Christian missionaries believe that they are serving others even while destroying cultures.

Even the dreaded WOD is probably seen by believers as a service to protect us ignorant, weak-willed abusers.

There are thousands of possible examples.

I am not trying to be cynical, but who can truly say what is good for another? My sole criterion for this is: does the other specificallly ask for your help and do you give it to him/her in the manner in which they ask?

If not, then one is acting from a place of arrogance and superiority.

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

Offlinejonnyshaggs420
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Mid-West
Re: Service-to-Self and Service-to-Others [Re: Adamist]
    #480733 - 12/05/01 01:19 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

I'm one who believes that a person should not spend 100% of his life serving others. A person should not spend 100% serving himself either, but one should use a cooperation of the two, to both better yourself, and to help others. Sometimes things need to be done just for us, and no one else.

--------------------
Vote Jonnyshaggs in the next election for GOD...Its the responsible choice

OfflineD_Tox
Boddhisattva

Loc: Lab 23
Re: Service-to-Self and Service-to-Others [Re: jonnyshaggs420]
    #480744 - 12/05/01 01:26 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

well, service-to-others include yourself in the totality. the difference is service-to-self betters your position relative to others. service-to-others betters everyone's position (including your own) relative to a fixed point.

--------------------
-----------------------
D_Tox

to understand other people….to be aware
to understand animals….to be a decent person
to understand plants….. to be a refined individual
to understand the mushroom…to be enlightened

Anonymous

Re: Service-to-Self and Service-to-Others [Re: D_Tox]
    #480759 - 12/05/01 01:40 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

Exactly.. the service to other mentality is a win/win scenario, where everyone's benefit is considered. The service to self is usually a win/lose situation

InvisibleRevelation

User Gallery

Loc: heart cave
    #481004 - 12/05/01 05:14 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

I know a few others here have said the same thing...but i might as well say that I have been leaning over to the Service-To-Other in recent weeks. It's been a gradual change...i didn't even notice it until somebody else commented on the change in my behaviour. So I feel like I have made my choice...i will wait and see where it takes me.

This post is pretty useless...but what the hell.

--------------------

InvisibleZeus
addict

#481522 - 12/06/01 12:20 AM (22 years, 3 months ago)

i honestly believe most people are intrinsically service-to- others but unfortunately get corrupted by those who have used them in the past. it truly is sad that this hapens but it's the selfish- machine. it alwayse has been and alwayse will be. (at least in the present society)

--------------------
" I'm somewhere where I don't know where I am. "

"Experience is the meaning to life" -me

OfflineFatNug
Si-Hing

Loc: Everywhere at 1nce
Re: Service-to-Self and Service-to-Others [Re: Zeus]
    #526072 - 01/19/02 11:30 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

Yea, the whole service to self thing is you can be 50/50, but you have to be at least as concerned in the well being of others, as with yourself. If one was 100% service to other, noone would survive. Everybody has to have a certain extent of personal worth, and respect. You don't have to be all up in their business or personal shit, but keep in mind the African saying "It takes a village to raise a child" Why should it stop after childhood?
Chill

--------------------
================================================So what's your peace of mind huh? A swiss watch? leasin' a Lex on credit? all the pussy and liquor a nigga can get..put together this puzzle, but my pieces won't fit.. {Ras kass}

OfflineAdamist
ℚṲℰϟ✞ЇѺℵ ℛ∃Åʟḯ†У
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bloomington, IN
Re: Service-to-Self and Service-to-Others [Re: FatNug]
    #526121 - 01/20/02 12:06 AM (22 years, 2 months ago)

Good point... there cannot be darkness without light, nor light without darkness.

--------------------
:heartpump: { { { ṧ◎ηḯ¢ αʟ¢ℌ℮мƴ } } } :heartpump:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies