Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinejinc
Stranger
Acid...first time.
    #467954 - 11/23/01 11:22 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

Ok trippers, listen.
I?ve never tried any drug besides alcohol. Not even weed.
Well, I lately am very interested in LSD. It seems awesome what I?ve heard.

So, I have some questions:
1.Is it ok to do acid if I haven?t tried weed yet?

2.Can people tell you?re on acid?

3.How do I know the future of my trip? How can I know if I will have a bad or a good trip?

4.Going to question #2, if pple DO tell you?re on acid, then where do you guys think I can trip safely without my parents killing me?

5.Settings?

6. Can good videogame music qualify as "good trip" music? Or do you want me to play real life music like The Beatles(lucy in the sky with diamonds)?

Thanks.

And a few more personal questions for the pros....

1.LSD or shrooms?

2.Marijuana or LSD?

Again, thankyou.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Anonymous

Re: Acid...first time. [Re: jinc]
    #467979 - 11/23/01 11:52 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

1.Yes, not everybody likes weed...

2.Generally, you will act very odd and your eyes will be huge

3.If you know you will have a good trip, you will have a good trip. Bad trips are caused by negative thoughts. Make sure you are worry free when you trip.

4.Somewhere where nobody will bother you...

5.Some place comfortable, it's always good to have control of your enviroment when you are tripping.

6. All music can be good trip music... it just depends on your flavor

And a few more personal questions for the pros....

1.Personal preference. Many people find shrooms to be less edgy...

2.Personal preference. Some people have issues with weed, such as paranioa. Acid fucks you up for at least 4 hours and is 100x more intense than weed. Weed is relaxing and general you stay high for a couple of hours. The two are quite different...

Anonymous

#467980 - 11/23/01 11:53 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

And be prepared to enter a world stranger than you have ever imagined...

OfflineDXMHEAD420
veteran
Loc: ohio
    #468213 - 11/24/01 08:37 AM (22 years, 4 months ago)

1. as stated, personal preference
2. they may be able to tell by the way you're acting. you're pupils get huge and you look a little out there, but physically i think its pretty hard to tell. your uncontrollable laughing and edgy voice will give you up, if anything does.
3. theres no way to really know, but to increase your chances of having a good one, be around people you know and trust. be away from any worries of getting busted, having responsibility, etc.
4. you can trip safely anywhere, as long as you're not flipping out and being obvious that you're tripping hard. basically, as long as you're not having a bad, scary trip, or just tripping so hard that you cant tell whats real and what isnt, you can trip around others (parents not reccomended until you get more experienced). i have a blast tripping around my parents, and seeing how odd and ironic everyday life is at home.
5. around people you trust, away from responsibility. concerts, festivals, friends houses, camping... all good opportunitie to trip.
6. the musics all up to you. i personally like the beatles, hendrix, pink floyd, etc. when tripping. techno can also be cool sometimes. it personal preference.
1. personal choice. different trips. you cant really tell until youve tried each.
2. most people start off with pot. doesnt mean you should. they are 2 completely different drugs.

and its not as intense as smack makes it sound in his second post. you'll have a blast tripping.

Offlineegolesss
veteran
    #468251 - 11/24/01 09:51 AM (22 years, 4 months ago)

Sounds like your thinking about doing it alone, if so dont' your first time....

--------------------
Going crazy will drive you mad, but once you get there the rest is easy....All spores are not created equal!!!!!!!!!!! Sporeworks, Hawkseye, PF, they are completely viable with very strong genetics.

Offlinejinc
Stranger
    #468603 - 11/24/01 06:45 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

Is it possible to see giant chicks while I?m tripping? What if I want to?

Anonymous

#468695 - 11/24/01 09:23 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

lol... even if you don't see giant chicks, they'll still be there if you want them to. it's fun. the first time i tripped i kept losing stuff and then i found a fourtune cookie wrapper in my car with a panda on it. everytime i lost something after that, i blamed it on the panda eating it so we feed him a piece of gum so he'd stop. i knew the panda wasn't real, but it was just as fun as if he had been...

Anonymous

Re: Acid...first time. [Re: Anonymous]
    #468702 - 11/24/01 09:31 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

InvisibleKid
Carpal Tunnel
    #468929 - 11/25/01 02:04 AM (22 years, 4 months ago)

Addressing your questions:

1 - I don't see why not. How did this question even arise?

2 - People might be able to tell that you are on "something." Like Newt (and others may have) said, your pupils will probably dialate. You might also be acting or talking a little funny.

3. You can't predict the future, AFAIK. You can be reasonable certain that if your dose isn't enormour, you're going into the experience knowing (somewhat) to expect, and in a good mood before the experience, you'll probably have a good trip.

4. Don't even think of taking acid around your parents. Nix that idea, now. Maybe, if you feel comfortable, in your room alone at night. Or go out all night with some friends. Or maybe a day you have off hang out with some friends in a park.

5. That's up to you. Some people like to be outdoors with nature. Others like to be inside. Me personally with acid, I like my room, it feels like home base; a sort of Freudian concrete representation of my own psyche.

6. If you like video game music yes. That's up to you.

I'll assume I'm a "pro"

1. Up to you. Neither is inherently better. I like LSD because it lasts longer.

2. LSD.

OfflineVandenberg
journeyman
Loc: Australia
Re: Acid...first time. [Re: Kid]
    #469026 - 11/25/01 07:11 AM (22 years, 4 months ago)

Ive never tripped before either, but im thinking of doing it soon. Im a bit concerned about someone saying mushies were 100x stronger than weed, i get fucked off weed real easy so i was wondering if mushies are a totally different ball game.

OfflineHB
Male User Gallery

Re: Acid...first time. [Re: Vandenberg]
    #469267 - 11/25/01 02:05 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

you can't say it's a 100x more powerful, it's just a totally different thing. they really can't be compared

Offlinejustthiz
prozac über alles
Re: Acid...first time. [Re: Vandenberg]
    #469284 - 11/25/01 02:25 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

Mushrooms aren't 100X stronger than weed... it's just too different to compare...
The impact mushrooms will have on your life on the other hand is (for me, and all of my friends AND i bet most people) almost "infinitly" deeper than the casual weed experience...

InvisibleKid
Carpal Tunnel
Re: Acid...first time. [Re: HB]
    #469336 - 11/25/01 03:22 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

Exactly. Weed and shrooms/acid are quite different. I think what the person was saying by 100X more powerful/intense is that acid and shrooms can make the moment seem extremely important. Everything breaks down to this one instant you're experiencing. It's the new crux in your life. It's intense.

But that can be either good or bad. It's good say, if you're laughing your ass off.

Offlinejustthiz
prozac über alles
    #469365 - 11/25/01 03:52 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

Yeah it seems to be all about the moment while tripping you're extremely THERE!!! wherever you are! time's gone it's just YOU (and your friends) THERE..... in the trip world :smile: !!!
there isn't anything other then the trip world (the room) cause you're not anywhere else (if this makes some sense)

And yes it IS intens!!! it's just higher than high.... high doesn't matter anymore cause you're THERE you're just THERE!! :smile:

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Florida
    #469379 - 11/25/01 04:06 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

A) If you're worried about Mom and Dad, you're too young to experiment with LSD (if you're under the age of 18, as a baseline, your personality development can be interferred with in a serious way). B) It sounds like you've read nothing on the use of psychedelic agents. A 'trip' is determined by 'set' and 'setting' - where you are physically located and what you have previously prepared your mind for. Unplanned sets and no preparation is not about 'spontaneity,' it just shows ignorance at best and recklessness at most. C) A 'sitter' or 'guide' is absolutely necessary for early experimentors. This means someone with experience and education. ( I wouldn't give a stick of Dupont dynamite and mercury fuminate squibbs to a kid who knew nothing about the dangers of the shock-sensitvity of fulminate, or of nitro-sweating dynamite). Better read up on these things if you think this is 'getting on you.' This is actually some friendly advice from someone with almost 30 years of psychedelic experience, and 20 years as a psychotherapist who grew up with some 'acid casualties.' LSD isn't a toy, and it's not in the same league with a recreational drug like marijuana. Careful who you listen to.

--------------------
γνῶθι σαὐτόν - Gnothi Seauton - Know Thyself

InvisibleKid
Carpal Tunnel
Re: Acid...first time. [Re: MarkostheGnostic]
    #469430 - 11/25/01 05:07 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

> 20 years as a psychotherapist

You don't even need a high school diploma to call yourself a psychotherapist...

Offlinejinc
Stranger
Re: Acid...first time. [Re: MarkostheGnostic]
    #469453 - 11/25/01 05:22 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

MarkostheGnostic:
I?m under 18(15 to be exact). What you?ve said has changed my decision for awhile(hopefully).
I think I?m going to take this manner more seriously. But I have this classmate whose on shrooms and acid and he seems...well to be honest he is not well...heh.
But I really want to experience that giant chick thing. Sadly, I think its better to wait till I?m older.

Damn.

OfflineDXMHEAD420
veteran
Loc: ohio
    #469478 - 11/25/01 05:49 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

jinc, dont let that scare you off if you think you're ready. i started doing acid at 15 and shrooms at 16 (shrooms because thats when i started being able to get them). if you think you're ready to trip, then by all means do it. its not gonna fuck up your development.

InvisibleKid
Carpal Tunnel
    #469553 - 11/25/01 07:31 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

Giant chicks just mean giant pussies ;-) and so they're less tight.

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Florida
    #469798 - 11/26/01 05:04 AM (22 years, 4 months ago)

Maybe YOU don't need a HS diploma, but in Florida a psychotherapist can be a clinician in the fields of psychiatry, psychology, social work, marriage and family therapy or mental health counseling, the latter of which is my discipline. This requires a minimum of a Masters degree and a two year internship. I have a Ph.D. from the University of Maryland, (as well as degrees in philosophy and theology from 2 other universities) a license from the state of Florida, and national certification in 4 areas, in addition to 19 years post-doc experience. Just FYI.

--------------------
γνῶθι σαὐτόν - Gnothi Seauton - Know Thyself

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order