Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineLuNaTiX
Quarterback
Male

Folding@home Statistics
I think evil is
    #4646552 - 09/11/05 03:16 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Living and processing the past and trying to control the future, while being blinded of the now; Basicly trying to re-create the past, or reinacting what they learned from from the past in any way shape or form.

Good is living right now, not focusing on what happened in the past or what will happen in the future, but just taking it all in as factors of life and looking for patterns. The patterns which your inner mind can reconize and almost, in a sense, predict what will happen, without focusing on it or thinking about it, they call this a gut feeling... how often have we ignored this feeling because of science or social expectations and limitations?

The mind has its own language and structure, we are trying to control it with language and science, made by men, men of greed and power, men who want you to be smart, not for your own good, but for the good of the nation. If we can not even explain what what it is like to see to a blind man, how can we understand the universe with such a thing as language.

While language is not the most evil thing in the world (I believe time is), it is those people and organizations that try to control everything that are truely evil. For example government set rules and regulations which everyone must follow, now the first people this government effected with its rules screamed bloody murder when their freedoms were taken away, they demanded to know why, their feelings went wild. The next generation screamed a little bit less because their parents slowly accepted these rules, but yet they still questioned these rules to some extent, but cared less, therefor were less interested, because why would you care about a freedom your mind has never expeinced? Now the generation after this cared even less because by now noone else even cared or questioned these rules, and if they did, they were a threat to the system, the government had the power to kill them, it was ok to do this... for the governments sake for the protection of the people.

This is all fine and dandy to many people, many people can cope with this, but there is many who are influenced greatly by this system. The kids who take everything in life litterly, the ones who can not write a poem, the ones that can not sing a song, or dance or express themselves in any other form then language, but can create a bomb after reading about it on the internet... what a great way to express how wrong everything feels in their life. Hell if your lucky enough you may even become the president. Do they know anything is wrong with them? do they even understand that their mind is damaged? Can they even see that their subconscious mind is being infected by their conscious? You ever wonder why people are becomming less and happy in this world? Ever look at a child and wonder how they could be so happy? It's too complex for any amount of words but if I had to word it it would be limitations, these childrens minds have no rules set for their minds, untell their parents yell at them and tell them that its wrong, of course half these parents don't even know why its wrong, but it just is, so these kids grow up accepting that if something is wrong, it is wrong, and not even worth exploring with the mind.

"Don't jump up and down on the bed! its wrong! Don't even allow your brain to get a feeling for what effects gravity has on the body, just know that what goes up must come down, thats all you need to know about gravity! I can not fly, therefor you can not fly, so don't even bother exploring that area."

I don't even know if this message makes any sense to anyone, I just wanted to express myself.

From this day forth I will never work for another human being... but I would give my life in the process of working with one or all of them.

--------------------

Edited by LuNaTiX (09/11/05 03:29 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineGomp
¡(Bound to·(O))be free!
Male User Gallery

Loc: I re·side [primarily] in...
Re: I think evil is [Re: LuNaTiX]
    #4646669 - 09/11/05 04:03 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

"I can fly!"
-Unknown :P

--------------------

--------------------
Disclaimer!?

OfflineLuNaTiX
Quarterback
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: I think evil is [Re: Gomp]
    #4646729 - 09/11/05 04:22 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

The question is what was he on :smile:, gatta love drugs that allow a mind to escape "reality". Ever wonder why people bad trip on mushrooms or acid? I figure its because they try to control the experience. I believe or am under the impression that in some cultures that is how they tested ones purity, with psychedelic "drugs", if the user bad tripped, then his mind was not pure.

"Just Let Go!" - Fight Club
"You have no control, you are not in command" - Bad Religion
"Free Your Mind" - Matrix

--------------------

OfflineGomp
¡(Bound to·(O))be free!
Male User Gallery

#4646795 - 09/11/05 04:39 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

"Don't blame the drugs!"
-Unknown :P

--------------------

--------------------
Disclaimer!?

InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
    #4646810 - 09/11/05 04:45 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Evil on the brain.

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

OfflineLuNaTiX
Quarterback
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: I think evil is [Re: Gomp]
    #4646822 - 09/11/05 04:48 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

:lol:

--------------------

OfflineLuNaTiX
Quarterback
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: I think evil is [Re: Icelander]
    #4646852 - 09/11/05 04:57 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Indeed, the question I ask you is what happens when your conscious becomes your subconscious? What happens when you dream of this world? When you dream about your routine of wake up, work, go to bed (cycle)?

We have no reason to develop our minds, we are not soldiers, we are not scientists, we are not firemen, we are not heros, we are just the foundation of the pyramid. But if everyone else does the thinking for us? what happens to our mind, what happens to the network of neurons? what heppens when people do the research and just give us the results?

My guess is our minds become less and less complex every generation, we become less and less happy, more and more unstable, and more and more like robots. And for those minds that can not give up their freedom without a fight, they break loose and go insane, some of them recover, some don't. Our minds can not be completely controled or completely free, we must balance this out to gain full perspective.

--------------------

InvisibleIcelander
Male

#4647080 - 09/11/05 06:01 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

It's your mind. It's up to you. If others do nothing, that's their thing. You can't control it. In each generation through time there may be just a few that really develop themselves. Be one of them if you can.

--------------------

OfflineLuNaTiX
Quarterback
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #4647130 - 09/11/05 06:17 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

It is not the mind that I fear, it is the finger that is controled by the un-complex mind that worrys me, the finger that presses the button, that connects to the computer connected to the nuclear bomb created by the great minds who in this world require money to support their children and wife who they love so much, provided by the less complex but equally modivated minds driven by greed and power who work for organizations which consist of various minds but are usually controled by one man or woman, who is expected to be aggresive to allow this organization to become "THE" organization... while every other oraganization strives to do the same.

--------------------

InvisibleIcelander
Male

#4647179 - 09/11/05 06:30 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Don't worry, be happy! Shift your perspective to unconditional acceptance of everything and you will find it's all just as it's supposed to be. If then you want to act in any way by preference, just do that.

--------------------

OfflineLuNaTiX
Quarterback
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #4647264 - 09/11/05 06:50 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

unconditional acceptance of everything

This is my state of mind right now for the most part, although I need to learn to balance it out more and maintain it. Now that I have it, I will never lose it.

One thing I will never accept is something that threatens my life or the lives of those around me. I will act when I see my oppertunity, my mind will not become consumed by such problems though.

--------------------

OfflineIgnatiusJReilly
Up From Sloth
Male

Loc: LA
    #4647388 - 09/11/05 07:14 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Living and processing the past and trying to control the future, while being blinded of the now; Basicly trying to re-create the past, or reinacting what they learned from from the past in any way shape or form.

I was about to say a bunch of bullshit about this, how, if this is so, we can't help but be evil, but then I read Icelander's

Quote:

Don't worry, be happy! Shift your perspective to unconditional acceptance of everything and you will find it's all just as it's supposed to be. If then you want to act in any way by preference, just do that

Thinking about it now (in THIS moment, as I write, which is gone for you) I wonder if he was being sarcastic... but this is useless doubt. The message is the same and I was pretending, as I am want to do, that I am so much smarter than everyone else. I am not.

I'm also very high, so as you read this at lightning speed, you won't be registering the weight that I feel as I write. But this is the quality of the message board. Detail is ignored, for we must move fast. This is no great insight.

So instead of interjecting my biased views of what is evil (though I must say I'd rather only consider the first sentence of your post??talk of "the Man" alienates people), I'll instead say that I, like most people, embody evil, and am helpless to stop it, and freely admit that were the circumstances to arise, I would act in the same manner as every other evil doer. And this realization humbles me.

--------------------
"A Bad Day for Pants"

OfflineIgnatiusJReilly
Up From Sloth
Male

Loc: LA
    #4647410 - 09/11/05 07:19 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

From this day forth I will never work for another human being... but I would give my life in the process of working with one or all of them.

And that, my friend, is profound.

--------------------
"A Bad Day for Pants"

InvisibleIcelander
Male

#4647458 - 09/11/05 07:27 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

LuNaTiX said:
Quote:

unconditional acceptance of everything

This is my state of mind right now for the most part, although I need to learn to balance it out more and maintain it. Now that I have it, I will never lose it.

One thing I will never accept is something that threatens my life or the lives of those around me. I will act when I see my oppertunity, my mind will not become consumed by such problems though.

It's easy to accept something that threatens your life. You are misunderstanding unconditional acceptance. You prefer to stay alive so you do what you can to preserve your life but if it's your time to die and you can't prevent it you accept it.

--------------------

OfflineLuNaTiX
Quarterback
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: I think evil is [Re: IgnatiusJReilly]
    #4647564 - 09/11/05 07:44 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

You are indeed a great mind, continue to realize such things and you will become more alive then ever, the more you realize the more you should question (As I read this over I think I should also take my own advice). You must keep in balance what you know with what you do not know (answers and questions), if a mind can do this, then a mind will expand and change at an alarming and powerful rate.

And thank you for your comment about my last statement in my original post. It will be my new catch phrase, but is subject to change like everything else I "Know". :smile:

--------------------

OfflineLuNaTiX
Quarterback
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #4647586 - 09/11/05 07:48 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

What you said brought to mind this quote from this page:

Quote:

From Buddhism, Bushido gets its relationship to danger and death. The samurai do not fear death because they believe as Buddhism teaches, after death one will be reincarnated and may live another life here on earth. The samurai are warriors from the time they become samurai until their death; they have no fear of danger. Through Zen, a school of Buddhism one can reach the ultimate "Absolute." Zen meditation teaches one to focus and reach a level of thought words cannot describe. Zen teaches one to "know thyself" and do not to limit yourself. Samurai used this as a tool to drive out fear, unsteadiness and ultimately mistakes. These things could get him killed.

- http://mcel.pacificu.edu/as/students/bushido/bindex.html

--------------------

Invisiblelooner2
ABBA fan

#4647814 - 09/11/05 08:29 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Terrorists are evil!

--------------------
I am in love with Acidic_Sloth

OfflineGomp
¡(Bound to·(O))be free!
Male User Gallery

Re: I think evil is [Re: looner2]
    #4647839 - 09/11/05 08:33 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

But who are the Terrorists?

:smirk: :thumbup:

:crazy2:

--------------------

--------------------
Disclaimer!?

InvisibleRavus
Not an EggshellWalker
 User Gallery

Loc: Cave of the Patriarchs
Re: I think evil is [Re: looner2]
    #4647857 - 09/11/05 08:35 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Those on the other side are always evil. Whoever threatens our will to power will always be labelled as evil; it's the same for the other side's attitude towards us.

Evil is subjective, and rather meaningless to the true nature of the actions themselves.

--------------------
So long as you are praised think only that you are not yet on your own path but on that of another.

OfflineLuNaTiX
Quarterback
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: I think evil is [Re: Ravus]
    #4648090 - 09/11/05 09:47 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

So true, and I pitty the mind that processes those words in litteral form.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale