Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
InvisibleNariusFractal
Sat Chit Ananda
 User Gallery

Loc: USA
Re: Japanese Self-Control [Re: kaiowas]
    #2534824 - 04/07/04 11:32 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Your post has nearly inspired me to throw away my tv's. Yes plural. Since I was a kid I had a tv in each bedroom and the living room! HAHA
Long live commercials.

Damn

--------------------
You are the microcosm of the macrocosm.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleSkorpivoMusterion
Livin in theTwilight Zone...
 User Gallery

Loc: You can't spell fungus wi...
Re: Japanese Self-Control [Re: kaiowas]
    #2534999 - 04/07/04 12:16 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

"Everybody has this power, but not everybody consciously uses it, properly, or to thier fullest extent."

that is exactly what I was saying.

Okay, glad you agree.

as was stated before...

"best-adjusted individuals in their present and older lives are those who believe they have a strong measure of control over their lives. They seem to choose more appropriate responses to what occurs and to stand up to inevitable changes with less apprehension."

what I was referring to is controlling external situations, and depending on them for your happiness. depending on external objects such as money for happiness.

Yes, that's the major point I wanted to get across in this thread. Internal control and awareness, leading to better and more external-awareness and control.

you said "The greatest single cause of what's ailing America, in my opinion, is the 'irresponsible obsession with immediate sensual gratification.'" going deeper, I think it is people trying to find gratification in the wrong places and this is why we like instant gratification.what we are looking for is long term gratification. this type of gratification will only come when a person accepts themselves, the situations, and the world around them. But in this place we are in, time and time again, the only type of gratification seen is the short term, why???  because it's the only one presented to us the most. the idea is that we must constantly change what is going on so we can be happy, when in fact, you can enjoy the now. 

We have ideas of right and wrong shown to us while we are youn, and it is this real early establishment that I am basing part of my response on. what you are going to choose to me has a lot to do with your beliefs and morals.  not only ideas but we were told that they are universal in nature.  you can see htis because we have laws.  we have laws because poeple ge greedy or overemotional, both stem from our wanting of satisfaction and our morals.

we are given morals before we are able to experience them.

What I am saying the way we have civilization set up has a lot of influence on the way we think. I think that's a better way to put it :wink:.  didn't mean to confuse there. to me, influence doesn't mean lack of control at all. I think I get what you mean, tell me if I'm wrong. you are trying to say that you get to choose what influence you take in.  I agree but if you look around, notice a couple of things

1) the amount of influence available that gears towards a materialistic sense of happiness is enormous.

2) the influence that is readily available (ie easily accessable, or visually apparent) shows and tells the viewer that the way to find happiness is to buy, or to have this happen to yourself.  buy a lotto ticket!

what I am saying is this influence greatly retards any kind of consciousness realization.

To you, or to many if not most people in general? :wink:
Assuming the latter; yes, I am well aware of the fact that there are probably more people who have not or may not gain the heightened level of conscious awareness then there are who do or have done so. I already know this...I already know that this message will not necessarilly 'get through' to all people. But for the people who DO understand and realize it, makes quite a substantial difference, imho, and who will learn and achieve higher levels of internal awareness and conscious realization is beyond my control, suffice it to say.

blame is not what I meant at all.  that's why I said "who is the one that determines what I do" the only answer to that is you!"  this clearly shows my standpoint.

Okay, glad to clear up the confusion. :smile:

I know I said at the end of my post that we aren't in control.  and what I mean is that we hardly control any of the influence.  sure we can choose which influence, but repetition is one of the way humans do learn.  our rational brains love that stuff, and we pick up on it. To me, for at least one cause, there is at least one effect. 

Here's my other point:

it is one thing to intellectually realize that you don't have to worry so much, but that doesn't really stop it.  a realization isn't going to be the thing that determines how you will react the next time.  It barely has a say on how long you will worry for. Action, doing is what will do the trick.

But of course! You cannot just sit there and merely think or say you will do something. Glad to see you're coming around.. :wink:

when I went to school I was told that I was there so I can get an education, get a job, for what....money. not really for what I want to do, but so I can live the American Dream.  make those corporations all that money, w00t!

The TV is used as a babystting tool, and oh the commericals.  the smiling faces as soon as the product hits that hand.  only 2 years old, your mind will pick up on that shit.  TO me what you do early on will define your core beliefs for you until you want to change them. and changingthose are horridly hard! months and years of pratice.  well you are only going to pratice if you see that you had the control the whole time.

So you agree with me that much of the external stimuli and input we recieve influences our psyche and with repetitive experiencing, programs our behaviors to a degree. Glad to see we're on the same page. I also covered this in the "Seeds of Greatness" thread..
And my point in this issue, is that by being aware of how we're externally influenced and thus internally influenced, and then control and influences what we experience externally and so on in a cyclic motion; we can then make the choice in choose more constructive and positive input and make a dramatic improvement and positive impact internally by practicing the aforementioned actions in a repetitive manner! Where there's will, there's a way.
Like I said in my previous post, we're always being continously influenced by external and internal stimuli and input and hence we're always continously changing. Hello? With this awareness you can put effort into programming your subconscious with positive self-talk and various other internal/external input!

the fact that many of us need to change our ways of thinking should have a little bit of indication that the way we have things et up has influence.

The fact is, the biggest room in the world is room for improvement, and it always will be. Anybody who wishes to make a substantial improvement or change in their lives will have to take substantial actions, be it changing methods of thinking or habits of living. That will be true regardless of what you point out. A provisionally better paraphrased statement of the following..
the fact that many of us need to change our ways of thinking should have a little bit of indication that the way we have things et up has influence.
Would be:
"The fact that many people in our society today have grown substantially accustomed into their individual and subjective reality--often regardless of how below par--subsidizes much of the semi-perpetual cyclical lifestyles passed down from generation to generation; which then influences much of the psychology within those parameters of society and so on."

what bothers me is that most of us don't consciously use our awareness more and more.  we'd rather flip on the tube...

It's almost hard for me to determine if you're being self-inclusionary with your sweeping statements... But surely you're smarter than that, aren't you? :wink:

Kaiowas I'm well aware that there will always be the people who remain in a lower cognitive functioning state, and there will always be people who may not be so fortunate insofar as to gain and experience heightened internal/external awareness and control; That's a given. That is beyond our control...

If I get this message across to those who have more capability to comprehend, utilize, and evolve from this knowledge and wisdom..then my sub-mission is complete. :smile:

That's all. :wink:

--------------------
Coffee should be black as hell, strong as death, and sweet as love.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order