Home | Community | Message Board

Mushrooms.com
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post. Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
Anonymous

Re: Attn: Shroomism. The Greys = Evil. [Re: Larrythescaryrex]
    #721292 - 07/03/02 10:03 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

I guess that would be the grey zone, huh?

Indeed that is the grey zone I was reffering to. If I was completely service-to-other, 100% right now, I probably would never say such a thing. However I am still in the 3rd density, so I am at liberty of experimenting with the two groups. If I want to be evil and fucked up then so be it. Fuck you all. I love you.

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineLarrythescaryrex
teardrop on the fire
Male User Gallery

Loc: further down the spiral
Re: Attn: Shroomism. The Greys = Evil. [Re: vkk_]
    #721296 - 07/03/02 10:05 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

I believe you are referring to Tiamat, he is one of the clthuthu deamons, said to be half dead, asleep in the ocean, much like the taimat of babylonian mythology or the levithan of christainity.

--------------------
RIP Acidic_Sloth

Sunset_Mission said:
"larry the scary rex
verily scary when thoroughly vexed
invoke the shadows and dust, cast a hex
mercifully massacring memories masterfully
relocate from Ur to 8th density and become a cosmic bully
mulder and scully couldn't decipher his glyphs
invoke the shadows and dust, smoke infernal spliffs"
April 24th 2011

OfflineTraveller
enthusiast
Re: Attn: Shroomism. The Greys = Evil. [Re: ]
    #721395 - 07/03/02 10:39 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

ok shroomism i have a sort of problem with this service-to-self/service-to-others pick a side and then be stuck with it business.

have you heard of the "mahayana" and "theravada" (or "hinayana") schools of buddhist thought?

"theravada" means "teachings of the elders" because the people who follow this school (originally in india, these days mostly in thailand, sri lanka, cambodia, and burma) believe they are following the original teachings as they were set down by a big conference of folks about 300 years after the buddha died. theravada buddhism is focused almost completely upon personal meditation, that is, purifying one's own mind in order to achieve enlightenment, in this lifetime, through one's own efforts. like the buddha did.

"mahayana" means "greater vehicle" (while "hinayana" means "lesser vehicle", this is the name given to theravada schools by the mahayana advocates after the split). in this school of thought the ideal is not the arhat ("one who has defeated all enemies") but the bodhisattva - one who refuses to achieve complete enlightenment, in order to stay on and help all other living beings get there too.

now to me these both seem like great ideals, except that in countries where the mahayana schools are dominant the common people end up praying to hundreds and thousands of different bodhisattvas they think are living in some special heavens, asking for help, while in the theravada countries most people accept that they will not become enlightened in this lifetime since they just don't have time to do the work required (vipassana meditation).

now isn't one of these ways "service-to-self" and the other "service-to-others"? and can you really say that one of these is "evil" or even "wrong"?

what about impermanence? if nothing ever remains the same (and it really seems to me that this is true), and everything is simply a flow, constant change, then how can this rule of choosing sides and either being one or the other with no in-betweens also be true?

remember also that with us un-enlightened folks what we may think is "service-to-other" is really "service-to-self" with a thin layer of pretty wrapping paper on top to make it look nice. rich people donating money to charities, like me setting up "The TRAVELLER's institue for poor orphans" with a big statue of ME, the benevolent founder of the institue, just so no one forgets how good and wonderful and nice a person i am. again it seems to me that MOST "service-to-others" that goes on among humans is really just people trying to make themselves feel better, by "helping" other people.

so truly selfless (that is, not selfish, not motivated by greed or desire, even on a subconscious level) acts are really quite rare, and declaring "I shall hencforth only serve others and do nothing for my own gain" will really not mean anything, unless the person declaring it has "defeated all the enemies" of greed, desire, attachment, lust, anger.....etc (it's a long list).

and it seems to me that in order to reach this incredible state of being one needs to behave in a manner that could only be called "service-to-self".

dividing the universe into good and evil? are you serious?

Anonymous

Re: Attn: Shroomism. The Greys = Evil. [Re: Traveller]
    #721450 - 07/03/02 11:03 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

I don't mean to call either one good or evil, as those are polairites which really only exist in our dimensions. But they do exist, and they both exist for a reason. It's balance. And the service-to-other and service-to-self orientation is only for the 4th density, above that you are just consciousness in light form or one with the universe. But in the 3rd density, which we live in, almost everyone sees things as being good or bad, left or right...polarities...so I present it as such so people can understand it.

Service-to-self doesn't mean evil, it serves just as much a part in the scheme of things as service-to-other...one is not better than another. They both serve a purpose. I really try to avoid labelling one group as good and one as evil, but sometimes that is what it comes down to. What would be a better way, would be to say one is a fear-based way of living, and another is a love-based way of living. Mind you this is only in the 4th density. There are lessons of each density, and the 4th happens to be living in one of the two orientations. This is not the complete way of the Universe, merely a fraction of it. But you can see that these two forces balance each other out.

Being service-to-other does not mean donating money to charity or appearing to be a nice person. It is a decision from within the SOUL. It is a way of life, not an appearance. It means helping people when they need help because you sincerely care about their well-being. It means considering other people's feelings, equal to, or even above your own. Sure, a person can donate millions of dollars to charity, but does this make them service-to-other? No of course not. What makes a person service-to-other or service-to-self is the way they CHOOSE to live. Serving others through genuine emotion and compassion, or serving yourself through greed and deception of others. Certainly there are people in this dimension that POSE as service-to-others, when they are really service-to-self at heart. This is the way it is in the 3rd density. In the 4th density, this does not occur. This type of deception is not possible there, and everyone is seen for what they truly are. Service-to-self act like STS, and STO act like STO.

Being service-to-other does not mean you ONLY focus on other people. You have to consider yourself, your own well-being, your own spiritual growth. But what seperates the two groups is that one considers other people's health, well-being, and spiritual growth, while the other only considers their own, and will put others at misery to increase their position.

Seeking enlightenment does not make one a service-to-self. One must always consider themselves in the equation... but a service-to-other person will consider other people as well as themselves, and make a decision based on what they think would be the best for all parties involved. Whereas a service-to-self person couldn't care less about what happens to anyone else... they are only interested in how they can benefit, even if it means taking advantage of someone else. And it usually does.

I don't mean to say one is evil or one is good. Evil and good are based on perspective anyway. Lets just say they both serve a purpose.

Offlinenugsarenice
Carpal Tunnel
Loc: nowhere
    #721458 - 07/03/02 11:09 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

are you saying emotions exist different in the fourth?

Anonymous

Re: Attn: Shroomism. The Greys = Evil. [Re: nugsarenice]
    #721461 - 07/03/02 11:12 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

What do you mean?

Emotions are emotions...
Perhaps we may perceive and process them differently in the 4th density..
But they are still emotions

Offlinenugsarenice
Carpal Tunnel
    #721466 - 07/03/02 11:14 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

I just thought you were trying to imply that the 4th is more peaceful,, which I disagree with.

Anonymous

Re: Attn: Shroomism. The Greys = Evil. [Re: nugsarenice]
    #721476 - 07/03/02 11:19 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Peace is a state of mind

I don't think the 4th is any more peaceful than the 3rd... maybe we are able to comprehend a bit more... but there is still problems to solve... and resistance to overcome.. its just a different plane of learning.

This is the Universal classroom. The 3rd density and the 4th density are just different grades in high school. If you don't learn enough in the 3rd density to move on to the 4th... you will stay there until you learn enough to move on. No level is better (or more peaceful) than another...they are just different levels of understanding and learning. You learn something and can comprehend it... you move on to the next lesson.

Invisiblevkk_
DNA Timebomb

Loc: Planet Erf, Yo.
    #721478 - 07/03/02 11:20 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

How much Lovecraft have you read?

--------------------
I remember, the first time, I... smoked DMT.

Offlinenugsarenice
Carpal Tunnel
    #721479 - 07/03/02 11:20 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

just wondering.

OfflineLarrythescaryrex
teardrop on the fire
Male User Gallery

Loc: further down the spiral
Re: Attn: Shroomism. The Greys = Evil. [Re: vkk_]
    #721484 - 07/03/02 11:26 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

I have never read any of lovecraft actually....

--------------------
RIP Acidic_Sloth

Sunset_Mission said:
"larry the scary rex
verily scary when thoroughly vexed
invoke the shadows and dust, cast a hex
mercifully massacring memories masterfully
relocate from Ur to 8th density and become a cosmic bully
mulder and scully couldn't decipher his glyphs
invoke the shadows and dust, smoke infernal spliffs"
April 24th 2011

OfflineLOBO
Vagabond

Loc: NY
    #721784 - 07/04/02 03:09 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Can I be Molder ? please please

--------------------

InvisibleWe_come_in_peace
old hand

Loc: Alpha Centauri
Re: Attn: Shroomism. The Greys = Evil. [Re: LOBO]
    #721835 - 07/04/02 05:05 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Anonymous

Re: Attn: Shroomism. The Greys = Evil. [Re: LOBO]
    #721850 - 07/04/02 05:52 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Yes, but you should know that I'm negotiating with Swami to play Scully.

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
    #721900 - 07/04/02 06:59 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

"You sir, are no Scully." *From a presidential debate*

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

Invisiblevkk_
DNA Timebomb

Loc: Planet Erf, Yo.
    #722952 - 07/04/02 07:21 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Dude... you should, his stuff is really good.

--------------------
I remember, the first time, I... smoked DMT.

OfflineShroomalicious
You may say I'ma dreamer...

Loc: The Shire
    #723631 - 07/04/02 10:43 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

This is the Universal classroom. The 3rd density and the 4th density are just different grades in high school. If you don't learn enough in the 3rd density to move on to the 4th... you will stay there until you learn enough to move on. No level is better (or more peaceful) than another...they are just different levels of understanding and learning. You learn something and can comprehend it... you move on to the next lesson.

Damn. Generally speaking I spent my school days trying to suss out the best price for reefer while sitting in the back of the room. This does not look good for me

--------------------
Shroomalicious - :smile: I love you and in doing so I love myself, because we ARE all one :smile: - "An eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth leaves the whole world blind and toothless". - Mahatma Ghandi

OfflineLOBO
Vagabond

Loc: NY
    #724058 - 07/05/02 04:25 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Well as long as he puts on a blond wig, I am all for it!

--------------------

Invisibleshroomerylurker
lurker
    #725819 - 07/06/02 04:11 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Okay, shroomism, this is not a personal attack, so hear me out for a sec. okay??

Now first off, what your talking about is scientology right? My question is, how did anyone become prive to this information, a book under a rock or something? How can you honestly say that as humans we would understand the idiosyncrasies of a culture that is so far advanced and so different? Observation of something so alien would be immensely difficult, yet you seem to have all the answers, my question is, why are you so sure? Service to self, service to others, they all seem like they are put through a human brain, wait because they are. How do you know the societal structure of something you have never seen or do not see on a daly basis to make such broad generalizations of their character?

I think good and evil are human terms, made by us for various reasons, but the most overriding one in my mind is the allowance for justification by means of calling your opposition evil, making you inherently good. Our human terms might not be usefull in defining something that is not human.

I think when dealing with any intelligence that is so different from ours we must keep in incredibly open mind. Hold on, they might not be *just* like us. And there trappings *might* be incredible different then ours.

Anonymous

Re: Attn: Shroomism. The Greys = Evil. [Re: shroomerylurker]
    #725892 - 07/06/02 06:22 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Here's an interesting site

http://www.zetatalk.com

Jump to top. Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology