Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineiono
Cakes or casing
    #462747 - 11/18/01 08:32 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

Ive already decided to case but id like to see peoples opinions on both

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineTheShroomster
journeyman

Loc: Utah
Re: Cakes or casing [Re: iono]
    #462759 - 11/18/01 08:41 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

caseing is the way i do it.

innerresevor cake tek looks like it could worth trying.

--------------------
        ***** Margaritaville*****
Wasted away again in Margaritaville,
Searchin' for my lost shaker of salt.
( Jimmy Buffett ):crazy: 

Invisibledurban_poison
myco contractor
    #462764 - 11/18/01 08:46 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

casing is the only way to go see if you can score some coco fiber

OfflineEightball
whore consumer
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #462765 - 11/18/01 08:46 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

If its your first grow, do cakes. That way you are able to learn how they grow without that much fear of contams. If you do a few cakes successfully then try a cake-casing like the SoS tek or do a normal crumbled cake casing.

--------------------
If you're frightened of dying and you're holding on.you'll see devils tearing your life away.
But...if you've made your peace, then the devils are really angels
Freeing you from the earth.

Offlineiono
Re: Cakes or casing [Re: durban_poison]
    #462799 - 11/18/01 09:37 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

How do you use coco fiber. I was at home depot the other day and they were selling mats of it for like 70 cents.

Offlinerooster
journeyman
    #462807 - 11/18/01 09:51 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

casing all the way... i just ate my first home grown shrooms last night. kick-ass!! i cased my first time and i didn't find it that hard. just be careful and smart and you should be fine. don't know about coco fibre. i used 50/50 with chalk.

Invisibledurban_poison
myco contractor
    #462828 - 11/18/01 10:12 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

casings are over rated as being hard there simple and efficent. I just built a simple glove box and have never had a contam. Although coco fiber isnt exactly as sterile as they say. One time we did a casing with a ton of different strains of mycelium that was left over and didnt use a glove box in a dusty room as an experment with un washed hands. Also the mycelium was sitting out without a lid on the jars. Only one contam cobweb mold which is easy to kill. All the strains fruited and they didnt seem to have problems with each other. I thought that was amazing only one contam sloppy as hell, but this was purely a contam experiment(we were trying to get one). But I always sterilize vermiculite and coco fiber to be on the safe side and use a glovebox and never had a contam. Also casings produce a lot of mushrooms, and they all seem to grow perfectly and large uniform flushes. Only casing tek I wouldnt recommend to a beginer is on that uses dung or straw. Coco fiber casing seem to be ready to put in a terrium in about 2-3 days versus the results I have only heard about with vermiculite or 50/50 tek which can take up to a week. Also cloning trays with tall domes carried by hydrofarm work great. No need for large tupperwares or tubs just fan them twice a day. Im going to try something new soon Im turning an old ebb&flo tray into a giant casing. They have large domes for these tables and the substrate depth can be up to about 7 in deep so Im going to use colonized dung and straw bettween layers of colonized rye. Im hopeing to see at least 6 flushes I think this is easily obtainable with that deep of a substrate layer.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate