Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineFungi_x
Firekeeper of OTD
I'm a teapot User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Michigan Flag
SO SHROOMERY IS DEAD.
    #4545739 - 08/17/05 05:25 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

I have noticed a drop in the entertainment that I receive here at shroomery. I have noticed a big drop. The grow logs are less and less the advice is less and less. It seems like the only thing on the rise is repetitive questions.

I think we need something to spice thing's up. Like a HBWR give away. I remember one time this guy from Aus sent me some HBWR seeds and I tripped fucking balls. It was a better trip then shrooms. more involved and more learning. I'm sorry if you can't understand me but I'm typing on a keyboard/ I'm listening
to music9c coming down from coke.. If you don't hear from me its because I'm in jail... for the first time.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMikeOLogical
Doctor ofShroomology
 User Gallery

Loc: florida
Re: SO SHROOMERY IS DEAD. [Re: Fungi_x]
    #4545814 - 08/17/05 07:04 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

The questions only seem repetitive because you've heard them all before and you know all the answers... as your knowledge increases, the benefit you will receive from reading shroomery posts will decrease accordingly... so a grow log that once had you rapt and attentive will now bore you silly, since you're not getting anything new...

you are now in a position to provide answers to those repetitive questions... as you once received great benefits from shroomery, now it is your turn to give back and share the wealth of knowledge you have gained here...

--------------------
We got Nothing!
we're no longer selling jars.  :laugh:

Offlinestefan
work in progress

Loc: The Netherlands
    #4546409 - 08/17/05 11:09 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

I remember one time this guy from Aus sent me some HBWR seeds and I tripped fucking balls.

yeah! best HBWR seeds EVER :laugh:

I think the shroomery is still the same, although the longer you stay the more you notice the repetitive questions...

InvisibleOneMoreRobot3021
Male

Loc: the sky
Re: SO SHROOMERY IS DEAD. [Re: MikeOLogical]
    #4546618 - 08/17/05 12:29 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

MikeOLogical said:

you are now in a position to provide answers to those repetitive questions... as you once received great benefits from shroomery, now it is your turn to give back and share the wealth of knowledge you have gained here...

Well put!

--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

OfflineYthanA
ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Male User Gallery

Loc: NY/MA/VT Borderlands
    #4546657 - 08/17/05 12:38 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Besides what everyone else said, it's also the middle of summer vacation. Many of our most colorful posters check in from their dorms. I expect things to pick up here in a month or so.

OfflineLearyfanS
It's the psychedelic movement!
Male User Gallery

Loc: High pride!
    #4548334 - 08/17/05 07:31 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

I love "entertain me" threads.

--------------------
--------------------------------

Mp3 of the month:  Sons Of Adam - Feathered Fish

Invisiblesrgtm1a
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #4550983 - 08/18/05 09:38 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

well, so long as there are new cultivators out there, they will have the same questions you may have had when you started out. I agree with Mike 100% with what he is saying.

Having new people cultivating is a good thing. The more people that are educated about mushrooms, the less you will see stupid, misinformation about them (as the media tends to put out every time there is a "bust")

I think you see the same questions all the time because a lot of "new" cultivators are afraid to ask other questions, in fear of being torn apart by other, more experienced, users.

Just imagine the amount of times mods like roadkill and agar have had to answer the same questions. It's better to give than receive.

InvisibleBurke Dennings
baby merchant

Re: SO SHROOMERY IS DEAD. [Re: srgtm1a]
    #4551682 - 08/18/05 01:15 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

srgtm1a said:

Just imagine the amount of times mods like roadkill and agar have had to answer the same questions.

Agar's not a moderator, which is for the better. While he knows a LOT about cultivation, he is inept when it comes to social skills.

Invisiblesrgtm1a
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: SO SHROOMERY IS DEAD. [Re: Burke Dennings]
    #4551737 - 08/18/05 01:34 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

electrode said:
Quote:

srgtm1a said:

Just imagine the amount of times mods like roadkill and agar have had to answer the same questions.

Agar's not a moderator, which is for the better. While he knows a LOT about cultivation, he is inept when it comes to social skills.

really, hehe I always thought he was....yeah, he does know a LOT.

OfflinemotamanM
old hand
 User Gallery
Re: SO SHROOMERY IS DEAD. [Re: stefan]
    #4552218 - 08/18/05 03:36 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

stefan said:
Quote:

I remember one time this guy from Aus sent me some HBWR seeds and I tripped fucking balls.

yeah! best HBWR seeds EVER :laugh:

I think the shroomery is still the same, although the longer you stay the more you notice the repetitive questions...

--------------------
http://heffter.org

OfflineLegoulash
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: SO SHROOMERY IS DEAD. [Re: motaman]
    #4552252 - 08/18/05 03:46 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Dude you forgot hte  :smirk:

OfflinemotamanM
old hand
 User Gallery
Re: SO SHROOMERY IS DEAD. [Re: Legoulash]
    #4552322 - 08/18/05 04:07 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

:smirk:

--------------------
http://heffter.org

InvisibleRavus
Not an EggshellWalker
 User Gallery

Loc: Cave of the Patriarchs
    #4552813 - 08/18/05 06:32 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Indeed, where's the promotion?

Though I believe the explanation of others, that you only notice how much questions repeat themselves because you've been here for long enough to learn, the Shroomery is still constantly dead. I come on here at 5 AM and it's the same couple dozen faces every time. The best thing that could happen to the Shroomery is a significant rise in the number of posting members.

Especially from around the globe, so that way, like the British Empire, the sun never sets on the Shroomery.

--------------------
So long as you are praised think only that you are not yet on your own path but on that of another.

InvisibleGumby
Fishnologist
 User Gallery

Re: SO SHROOMERY IS DEAD. [Re: Ythan]
    #4553626 - 08/18/05 09:43 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Ythan said:
Besides what everyone else said, it's also the middle of summer vacation. Many of our most colorful posters check in from their dorms. I expect things to pick up here in a month or so.

Yeah. I've been gone a lot more now that it's summer. Wait about a month, once college has started back and I'm sure things will be close to "normal."

Invisiblesrgtm1a
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: SO SHROOMERY IS DEAD. [Re: Gumby]
    #4555820 - 08/19/05 03:20 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

yeah, I agree, summer does seem a little slower, but hell....it's summer. I spend any free time I have outdoors. once fall/winter hits this place will be going nutz. heheh then you could look forward to answering the same questions 5x's a day in 5 different threads lol.

OfflineNewbieS
User of semicolons.
Male User Gallery

Loc: SoCal
Re: SO SHROOMERY IS DEAD. [Re: srgtm1a]
    #4565647 - 08/22/05 01:52 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

I know what you mean.  I'm still new but once I've already learned a lot the questions other's ask make me think, "omg i just did that booooring" but I realize this person really needs an answer so I try to lend a helping hand :wink:

InvisiblePsychoslut
The Mother Fucking Bear-o-dactyl
 User Gallery
Loc: all up in ya
Re: SO SHROOMERY IS DEAD. [Re: Burke Dennings]
    #4583948 - 08/26/05 12:52 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Annos like that too.

--------------------

[quote]KristiMidocean said:
Good now thats clear.WHO FUCKING CARES. If I am fat u all keep pointing it out like its suppose to be a secret.LIke u really have nothing better to do then make fat jokes. If o know its like I do I know yall can come up with NEW AND BETTER SHIT . This shit is old and boring . I left in the first place cause this shit got boring not because of the fat jokes . Fat jokes dont bother me but seriously its old[/quote]

Invisiblemycofile
Pooh-Bah
 User Gallery

Loc: Uranus
Re: SO SHROOMERY IS DEAD. [Re: Psychoslut]
    #4596706 - 08/29/05 09:11 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

yes he is, and that is why I love him. He doesn't need social skills when he's right. And he is almost always right. I'd rather have somebody who is right that somebody who is a social butterfly.

--------------------
"From a certain point of view"
-Jedi Master Obi Wan Kenobi

PM me with any cultivation questions.

I just looked at my profile and realized I had a website at one point in time on geocities, it's not there anymore and I have no idea what I had on it. Anybody remember my website from several years aga? PM if so please.

InvisiblePsychoslut
The Mother Fucking Bear-o-dactyl
 User Gallery
Loc: all up in ya
Re: SO SHROOMERY IS DEAD. [Re: mycofile]
    #4596778 - 08/29/05 09:25 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

I said that wrong, anno is like that on the Internet. I'm sure he is perfectly sociable to the people he knows in rl.

--------------------

[quote]KristiMidocean said:
Good now thats clear.WHO FUCKING CARES. If I am fat u all keep pointing it out like its suppose to be a secret.LIke u really have nothing better to do then make fat jokes. If o know its like I do I know yall can come up with NEW AND BETTER SHIT . This shit is old and boring . I left in the first place cause this shit got boring not because of the fat jokes . Fat jokes dont bother me but seriously its old[/quote]

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract