Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleRavus
Not an EggshellWalker
 User Gallery

Loc: Cave of the Patriarchs
Bud
    #4514482 - 08/09/05 01:16 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Man, I've been smoking a lot of bud lately. I take long breaks of a few months, then get some bud and am constantly high until it's all gone.

But why do we do this? What does the human mind get out of this plant? We smoke it and feel good, relaxed, floaty, but why do we feel this way? Is it just some strange coincidence that this smoked plant produces happiness, or is this one of evolution's strange gifts?

Perhaps marijuana was consumed by animals more ancient than ourselves and this is what spread it all over the place. Perhaps more advanced animals loved the feeling too, because we are all wired in similar ways across the species. Down to dogs or deer or giraffes, we all feel happiness and pain and pleasure.

But the human mind is supposed to be unique, and indeed I believe it is in the marijuana experience. Other animals experience emotions, feelings and precepts like we do, but we are animals that become so reliant on higher thought that it almost becomes the area of all our existence. Our written word, our spoken thoughts, our names and labels, all seem to be affected drastically on marijuana too, and this is what many people, including myself, love about it. It may just be chance, a new organism reacting in different ways and vastly spreading this favored plant around, that our thoughts react in the way they do to cannabis, that it scrambles them so as to create new patterns in the grain.

--------------------
So long as you are praised think only that you are not yet on your own path but on that of another.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
Re: Bud [Re: Ravus]
    #4514512 - 08/09/05 01:25 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Even if I take a year off, bud never gets me high anymore. I get buzzed, but no euphoria nor great inspirational thoughts. It has nothing even remotely like the affect it had on me as a youth.

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

InvisibleRavus
Not an EggshellWalker
 User Gallery

Re: Bud [Re: Swami]
    #4514525 - 08/09/05 01:29 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Why do you think that is? Even after a few months of smoking almost constantly, as I've done in the past, I still get the thought shifting when I smoke a couple bowls.

Of course, it may be something as simple as the changes in your body if you're smoking it, as they have been unpredictable to friends of mine as well. Some people won't get high the first 5 or 10 times they smoke, and then suddenly start getting baked one time. Perhaps you could try eating brownies? Because in all honesty, I can't see someone being resistant to marijuana on three or four potent brownies worth unless you have become a real Swami in complete control of your mind.

--------------------
So long as you are praised think only that you are not yet on your own path but on that of another.

OfflineLittleBen
Feed Me A StrayCat

#4514583 - 08/09/05 01:49 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Animals can get high, but remember thc is heat activated, so they ate cannabis for different reasons. Hit a phx Swami, Im sure it would do the trick even if your smoking schwizz. My trees now are for escapism no doubt. Thats why I drink too. But Im on route to remove the things I dont like about my life and I think then Im still going to smoke and drink, though less of the latter. Ill smoke then because it makes my meditation easier, dreaming crazier, and thinking stupider (yes that has its benefits). I doubt that is why most smoke though. Frankly, if our society promoted more spiritual thought and encouraged mind exploration, I think all drugs would quickly lose all appeal.

--------------------
Gaia, as you awaken, I heal myself. As I awaken, you are healed.

InvisibleRavus
Not an EggshellWalker
 User Gallery

Re: Bud [Re: LittleBen]
    #4514599 - 08/09/05 01:55 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Frankly, if our society promoted more spiritual thought and encouraged mind exploration, I think all drugs would quickly lose all appeal.

I think exactly the opposite. When people really look into it and find there's no true magic, that astral planes are just dreams, and meditation exists entirely within the brain, then they will be searching more for the true paths that truely work in the way they change the mind, and drugs are one of those paths.

If people wanted more spiritual thought and mind exploration, use of hard drugs would plummet as everyone started doing acid and smoking DMT.

--------------------

OfflineLittleBen
Feed Me A StrayCat

#4514736 - 08/09/05 02:40 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Wellity wellity. That just got me thinking about Island by Aldous Huxley. They had a crazy awesome education system that made free thinkers out of everyone (who wasnt corrupted by the rest of the world) at a very young age. They also did a coming of age ceremony where they gave the kids psychedelics. I guess in my earlier post I wasnt clear enough (to yall or myself) about what I meant. I should have made clear that by drugs I meant substances used for recreation or escapism. I am undecided as to whether chemicals can take you farther than your brain can alone. I would like to entertain the thought that if god made an education system we would have no use to psychedelics.

--------------------
Gaia, as you awaken, I heal myself. As I awaken, you are healed.

Offlinealsey
meet me in thedreamtimewater...

#4514792 - 08/09/05 02:58 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

the plant is quite capable of surviving well without humans, and humans without the plant. however, humans all over the world cultivate it, so its psychoactive content could be considered a survival mechanism - it encourages other species to cultivate it.

as to why it makes us feel happy; it alters our brain chemistry. pretty simple really.

our thoughts, names and labels are affected by many things. pretty much all psychoactive chemicals actually.

--------------------
"Gently return to the simple physical sensation of the breath. Then do it again, and again, and again. Somewhere in this process, you will come face-to-face with the sudden and shocking realization that you are completely crazy. Your mind is a shrieking, gibbering madhouse on wheels." - ven. henepola gunaratana

Offlineeve69
--=..Did Adam and ...?=--
Male User Gallery

Loc: isle de la muerte Flag
    #4514882 - 08/09/05 03:24 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Ravus said:

But why do we do this? What does the human mind get out of this plant? We smoke it and feel good, relaxed, floaty, but why do we feel this way? Is it just some strange coincidence that this smoked plant produces happiness, or is this one of evolution's strange gifts?

I don't know Dude, but when I think of your avatar it's plain that you need something. Maybe thorazine?

--------------------
...or something

OfflineGomp
¡(Bound to·(O))be free!
Male User Gallery

Loc: I re·side [primarily] in...
Re: Bud [Re: eve69]
    #4514933 - 08/09/05 03:34 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

meme

--------------------

--------------------
Disclaimer!?

InvisibleRavus
Not an EggshellWalker
 User Gallery

#4514945 - 08/09/05 03:38 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

eve69 said:
Quote:

Ravus said:

I don't know Dude, but when I think of your avatar it's plain that you need something. Maybe thorazine?

Open your mind man. Everything is love, right? Even a picture of Terri Schiavo giving head.

--------------------

InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
    #4515051 - 08/09/05 04:16 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

I found your avatar challenging. It made me think about my bias on right and wrong. I thought alot about why it shocks me and what that bias is about. I appreciate how you challenge me to think. :thumbup:

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

InvisibleRavus
Not an EggshellWalker
 User Gallery

Re: Bud [Re: Icelander]
    #4515193 - 08/09/05 05:05 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Icelander said:
I found your avatar challenging. It made me think about my bias on right and wrong. I thought alot about why it shocks me and what that bias is about. I appreciate how you challenge me to think. :thumbup:

It's the weirdest things that get you thinking, eh? :wink:

--------------------

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

Loc: On the Border
    #4515198 - 08/09/05 05:08 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Marijuana just makes me hungry and sleepy and I don't need help with those things.

--------------------
"A warrior is a hunter. He calculates everything. That's control. Once his calculations are over, he acts. He lets go. That's abandon. A warrior is not a leaf at the mercy of the wind. No one can push him; no one can make him do things against himself or against his better judgment. A warrior is tuned to survive, and he survives in the best of all possible fashions." ― Carlos Castaneda

Offlineeve69
--=..Did Adam and ...?=--
Male User Gallery

Loc: isle de la muerte Flag
    #4515487 - 08/09/05 06:46 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Ravus said:

Open your mind man. Everything is love, right? Even a picture of Terri Schiavo giving head.

I don't normally get up in arms. Nor do I ever tell people what to do. But I find that it's not love. It's hate. I think you're confused. It tells me alot about you, that you like to look at a man raping a human vegetable. I don't think I ever want to meet you in person.

--------------------
...or something

OfflineGomp
¡(Bound to·(O))be free!
Male User Gallery

Loc: I re·side [primarily] in...
    #4515508 - 08/09/05 06:51 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Eat it.. :P

--------------------

--------------------
Disclaimer!?

InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
    #4515537 - 08/09/05 06:58 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

eve69 said:
Quote:

Ravus said:

I don't normally get up in arms. Nor do I ever tell people what to do. But I find that it's not love. It's hate. I think you're confused. It tells me alot about you, that you like to look at a man raping a human vegetable.  I don't think I ever want to meet you in person.

Are you sure your assessment of why Ravus is using that avatar is the correct one?  :wink:  That's ok Ravus, will meeting me in person do instead.?:grin: I would love to meet everyone here in person. I am so curious.

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

Offlinepsychomime
o_O
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #4515634 - 08/09/05 07:31 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

eve69 said:
Quote:

Ravus said:

I don't normally get up in arms. Nor do I ever tell people what to do. But I find that it's not love. It's hate. I think you're confused. It tells me alot about you, that you like to look at a man raping a human vegetable. I don't think I ever want to meet you in person.

the world is full of things too horrible to even imagine. an obviously edited image is hardly worth getting up in arms about. besides, the horror of rape comes from having your self violated, as a "human vegetable" do you think she would even comprehend what was happening to her, let alone have a concept of self?

OfflineMJF
Human Being
Male User Gallery

Loc: Between 15 and 45 degrees long...
Re: Bud [Re: psychomime]
    #4515654 - 08/09/05 07:42 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

how did a marijuana thread turn into justifying the rape of a vegatative person?

Offlinepsychomime
o_O
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Bud [Re: MJF]
    #4515660 - 08/09/05 07:44 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

because marijuana makes you want to rape human vegetables. D'uh. Don't you listen to your government?

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

Loc: On the Border
Re: Bud [Re: MJF]
    #4515669 - 08/09/05 07:48 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

"how did a marijuana thread turn into justifying the rape of a vegatative person?"
That is what happens when you use marijuana of course. It degrades ones moral state to such a level that you orally rape mentally handicapped people.

--------------------
"A warrior is a hunter. He calculates everything. That's control. Once his calculations are over, he acts. He lets go. That's abandon. A warrior is not a leaf at the mercy of the wind. No one can push him; no one can make him do things against himself or against his better judgment. A warrior is tuned to survive, and he survives in the best of all possible fashions." ― Carlos Castaneda

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals