Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offline3ptCrown
need advice 4 real
    #447856 - 11/05/01 03:19 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

i just wanted 2 ask you experienced growers if the poor mans terrarium really works, like if i start this today will i get shrooms and based on your experiences seriously how much shrooms can i get from say 10 cakes with the poor mans terrarium. i read what it sayz in the magic mushrooms growers guide but i want to know from real people. i need some reasurance and confidence that i can really do this so help me out plz

--------------------
"Nothing lasts. That's one thing I think you learn from life, psychedelics, or just paying attention. Very little lasts." ~ Terrence Mckenna

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinerooster
journeyman
Re: need advice 4 real [Re: 3ptCrown]
    #447903 - 11/05/01 04:20 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

i've never used a poor man's terrarium but i've asked a similar question about yields before (i've never used cakes). i've been told anywhere from 2 to 6 dried grams per cake. This works out to an average of about 1 to 2 dried ozs from 10 cakes if everything goes right. i wouldn't expect that much from a first time through, but i would say you can definitely get more than you'd want to take all by yourself all at once! :)

Offlinebabyshroom
addict
Loc: Florida
Re: need advice 4 real [Re: rooster]
    #448739 - 11/06/01 07:39 AM (22 years, 4 months ago)

One of my foster children (from my very first batch of jars) was placed in a poor man's terrarium. Most of the kids were placed in a larger terrarium. Being new, I had nothing but trouble with the larger terrarium. Ending up switching containers several times with those cakes. I got mushies, but not nearly the amount or quality of those I am getting now - several batches (and terrariums) down the road.
Meanwhile, my foster child fruited QUITE well. The stems were thinner than those grown in larger containers - not sure if that had something to do with the pm terr. or the care she received. The cake eventually fruited three times, even though all caregivers were virgins at this hobby. This is a cheap, easy way to try growing the first time. I'm sorry, we didn't keep track of the total weight that came from the cake, as one caregiver had a bad habit of eating the goodies as they grew.
One good thing about separating your cakes into individual pm terr's is that any possible mold will be contained to that cake. When fruiting batches of cakes in larger terrariums, it is very easy for mold to spread from cake to cake.
Good luck!

--------------------
I don't really know anyone who grows mushrooms. I just come here for fun.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck