Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleSimisu
taken by gravity
 User Gallery

Loc: Israeli in Flag
Trip Report: 3.5 dry grams of GT and not much to say about it
    #4434151 - 07/21/05 03:41 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

well... it's the second time i ingested some of these mushrooms but this time i knew how much i was taking and expected MUCH more...
i was pretty sure 3.5 grams would get me somewhere but still the expiriance was so mild that i can't really put my finger on it!

i decided to take the shrooms solo becouse i couldn't think of anyone i wanted to share the expiriance with (i get paranoide around people when i'm very stoned so i didn't want to take any chances that i might feel emberessed or something like that)

i've growen these shrooms a few months ago (6-7) so maybe that's why i didn't get much? or maybe i didn't dry them properly? (the were dried in my computer wraped with toilet paper...)
back then i took a couple of shrooms thinking that would be enough but that was a very low dose for sure http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat...rue#Post3251755

i'm trying to think how i can explain my expiriance last night but i just don't know... something WAS diffrent but it was so subtle...
i felt great i was really calm and it was kinda like sleepwalking in a way... my mind was pretty quite and i just walked around looking at stuff
i also felt pretty "in tuch" with my self and still i don't feel it was too spacial or unique... it was pretty normal in a way... not something i could say was out of the ordenery

or maybe my expectations were too high again? i was hoping for some visual alternation (i had none)
it's like i didn't "break through" or something...

and the worst thing is that now i have to grow again (and i can't) if i want to try it again... there's no one selling around here...

--------------------
:mushdance::sanpedro::peyote::mushroom2: :heart: Shr:supershroom::supershroom:mery :heart: :mushroom2::peyote::sanpedro::mushdance:
      Visit & Support Free Spore Ring Earth
      :sun: Please help spread live Salvia Divinorum :sun:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinebaraka
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: hyperspace Flag
Re: Trip Report: 3.5 dry grams of GT and not much to say about it [Re: Simisu]
    #4436108 - 07/21/05 11:10 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Mushroom potency can vary quite a bit for seamingly unknown reason. Maybe they where not as strong as they normally are, or you are on of the ones that are resistent to psychadelics.

3.5g should put you in a nice very notable psychadelic place with fairly pronounced visuals.

--------------------
This is the only time I really feel alive.

OfflineNoviseer
Percussion isFree
 User Gallery

Re: Trip Report: 3.5 dry grams of GT and not much to say about it [Re: baraka]
    #4436174 - 07/21/05 11:34 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

thats crazy... I bet something happened to them in the drying/storing process...even 3.5 grams of weak shrooms should cause a pretty strong psychedelic immersion.  All you can do is try again :thumbup:

--------------------

OfflineHuckleBones
Danger Bones

Re: Trip Report: 3.5 dry grams of GT and not much to say about it [Re: Noviseer]
    #4437687 - 07/22/05 11:02 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Computers can get real hot sometimes.

--------------------
Manitou

OfflineYenpop
Midnight Toker

Loc: Georgia, US
Re: Trip Report: 3.5 dry grams of GT and not much to say about it [Re: HuckleBones]
    #4438138 - 07/22/05 01:14 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Hmm, that sounds alot like what happened to me last night, I took 3.5 of golden teachers, I felt really calm most of the time, but I did have *some* weak visuals, it was a really wierd mind trip most of the time though

--------------------
"The infinite vibratory levels, the dimensions of interconnectedness are without end. There is nothing independent. All beings and things are residents in your awareness. " Alex Grey

InvisibleSimisu
taken by gravity
 User Gallery

Re: Trip Report: 3.5 dry grams of GT and not much to say about it [Re: Yenpop]
    #4441083 - 07/23/05 01:04 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

the thing is i can't really judge the expiriance since i have nothing to compare too except weed (and the avrage joint makes me feel alot diffrent then these moshrooms did)

my mom was pretty cool about that grow (she thought i was growing at home...) and when i saw how she reacted i thought "damn... i could saved all that truble and made a much better job then my friend did"

so now i'm thinking about growing at home...

--------------------
:mushdance::sanpedro::peyote::mushroom2: :heart: Shr:supershroom::supershroom:mery :heart: :mushroom2::peyote::sanpedro::mushdance:

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Loc: Mod not God Flag
    #4441148 - 07/23/05 01:20 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

I'm sorry, I'm afraid you may have over dried your mushrooms in a HOT place. Heat reduces potency. A simple fan in open air works best.

Don't give up... but you may wish to grow again if possible.

If your shrooms are not potent, there is no way to suggest a dosage. Try 3.5g once more, with your mushrooms... if you can. Ifr it fails again... I'm almost certain your mushrooms are no longer potent.

Good luck, and let us know what we can do to help. Anyone who WANTS to trip... SHOULD get a chance to trip.

Peace.

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

Invisiblemyndreach
philosopher
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Trip Report: 3.5 dry grams of GT and not much to say about it [Re: Rose]
    #4443696 - 07/23/05 04:10 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Cervantes said:
Heat reduces potency.

Prove it.

If heat reduces potency, how in the hell does tea work? The water is over 200 degrees to boil...

Also, I dry all of mine in a 130+ degree dehydrator...no potency loss.

I know a friend who takes fresh mushrooms, puts them on a Boboli, and cooks them on the pizza at 300 F. for like 20 minutes, and there is no potency loss.

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Re: Trip Report: 3.5 dry grams of GT and not much to say about it [Re: myndreach]
    #4443718 - 07/23/05 04:21 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

I dry my shrooms on a dehydrator and 3.5 grams would knock anyone off their ass. Heat reducing potency is BS. Drying reduces potency, doing it with a little heat doesnt do any more. And a computer isnt going to get that hot anyway.

The problem here was likly either not fully dried, or just grown on crappy substrate..BRF most likly. Poo grown shroms are much more potent, and consistant with potency.

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

Invisiblemyndreach
philosopher
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Trip Report: 3.5 dry grams of GT and not much to say about it [Re: scatmanrav]
    #4443760 - 07/23/05 04:33 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

thanks for the backup scat :wink:

OfflineKalix
'Head

Re: Trip Report: 3.5 dry grams of GT and not much to say about it [Re: scatmanrav]
    #4443795 - 07/23/05 04:45 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

scatmanrav said:
I dry my shrooms on a dehydrator and 3.5 grams would knock anyone off their ass. Heat reducing potency is BS. Drying reduces potency, doing it with a little heat doesnt do any more. And a computer isnt going to get that hot anyway.

The problem here was likly either not fully dried, or just grown on crappy substrate..BRF most likly. Poo grown shroms are much more potent, and consistant with potency.

Ditto.. My buddy sitting here with me can vouch for that, he is tripping balls off 3.5 g of over-dried OI, they all got bruised, and some of them got blackened..

--------------------

My Unitarian Jihad Name is: The Shotgun of Sweet Reason

OfflineKalix
'Head

Re: Trip Report: 3.5 dry grams of GT and not much to say about it [Re: Kalix]
    #4443807 - 07/23/05 04:50 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

My dehydrator stays between 140-150 btw..

--------------------

My Unitarian Jihad Name is: The Shotgun of Sweet Reason

InvisibleSimisu
taken by gravity
 User Gallery

Re: Trip Report: 3.5 dry grams of GT and not much to say about it [Re: Kalix]
    #4444691 - 07/23/05 08:58 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

hummmm...... maybe they were not dry enough? they were'nt "cracker" dry that's for sure! and yeah they were growen PF style on BRF and probably over matured (the cakes were made and colonized at my place and were birthed and grown at my friends house with not much TLC... he also thrown them away after the first flush $@!#%*^%#@$#^*)

well... either way it makes no diffrance in the end.
i don't have any more shrooms and i'm not sure i can grow any in the near future
and it took me such a long time to decided i was ready for it! since i want to expiriance it on my own and i'm not sure how i'd handle it.

--------------------

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
    #4454174 - 07/26/05 02:56 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Not cracker dry make a difference? well think of it this way, cracker dry shrooms are often 92% water. Say you only dry it to 90%, itll feel almost all dry...thats only 2% water left. Now look at dry mass...instead of 8% dry mass, you have 10%. Thats 20% water left in the dry mass of your shrooms (2/10), so your weight is only 80% of what you think...of course this number goes up the more water is left. And they were only grown on BRF to begin with.

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

OfflinejBEArWAuKeE
lapsed infant

Loc: Ohio
    #4483242 - 08/01/05 10:25 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

This worries me, as I'm about to try my first grow w/ GTs.

How reliable is dosage w/shrooms? My own experience is limited--mostly low dosage and/or mixed w/ other substances, but many people have told me that environment, both in your body and around you, have a lot more influence. I know someone who matched doses w/ her brother last month and had almost no trip, while he was tripping balls.

--------------------
"This is absolutely the most exciting time we could have possibly hoped to be alive, and things are just starting." --Dreamer

OfflineMighty Bop
Big Boy

Loc: Nowhere
Re: Trip Report: 3.5 dry grams of GT and not much to say about it [Re: jBEArWAuKeE]
    #4483824 - 08/02/05 12:25 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

I tried 2 grams of Allen strain tonight. I felt a little different and in a good mood but that was about it and didn't last long. I think the best way is to just take a certain amount, then use that to gauge your future trips.

--------------------
I got a buddy with United Fruit, get ya started...

Trade List

Offlinebakerisme
Ex-Patriate fromSanity
Re: Trip Report: 3.5 dry grams of GT and not much to say about it [Re: Mighty Bop]
    #4495609 - 08/04/05 02:42 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

If you feel like your not tripping enough, I find that a few nice rips from a trusted bong and moderately potent weed does the trick. My first time, I tok a half-eighth (1.75 grams) and didnt feel too much except the relaxed, in-touch, slightly trippy feeling that you were desbribing. Wanting the full visual experience and really determined to make myself trip balls, I smoked a dime-bag from a couple rips off my 5-footer. Within 5 minutes (at least that what it seemed like) I was ridiculously in psychedelia. My entire world turned into Alice in Wonderland. Like i would look at my friend knowing full well who he was... and then he would turn around and all of a sudden turn into the mad hatter. Then I walked upstairs where some other friends were hanging out and came across one of my buddies smoking hooka. Then he started all looking like that caterpillar guy. It was insane. This was all my first trip so i had no expectations of this kind. Anyways, long story short, the trip is fantastically fun and lasted a solid 5 hours. I don't know if anyone else had the same experience, but weed definetley triggers something while tripping.

--------------------
****************\\\\**
***************/****\*
***************|*o*0|*
****************\*-*/**
*****************^^^^*

InvisibleChronic7
Re: Trip Report: 3.5 dry grams of GT and not much to say about it [Re: bakerisme]
    #4500471 - 08/05/05 02:42 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

if u want visuals stay in darkness, getting swirls off the end of trees in daylight for example takes a really high dose for me but a low dose in a dark room and i see allkinds of scary wonderful things!

My favorites the gorgeous woman hugging a HUGE snake,
i mean this snakes like a monster slug or something but its so amazing all the same...

--------------------

OfflineSandalFan
Stranger

Re: Trip Report: 3.5 dry grams of GT and not much to say about it [Re: Chronic7]
    #4500799 - 08/05/05 04:37 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

From my experience 3.5 grams of Gt's grown on brf made me trip very hard. They weren't exactly "cracker dry" either. They were dried in front of a fan, and they were less that 10% of their total wet weight too. So maybe they had a little bit more to go, but it was close enough for me. I'm not sure how potent 3.5 grams of poo growm shrooms would be but I can deffinatly say that 3.5- 4.0 grams of brf shrooms is my limit.

InvisibleSimisu
taken by gravity
 User Gallery

Loc: Israeli in
Re: Trip Report: 3.5 dry grams of GT and not much to say about it [Re: SandalFan]
    #4501430 - 08/05/05 07:57 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

as you've all said 3.5 grams should have made it but the fact is that i didn't get much from the experience...

I've decided I'm going to take LSD since its much more available then shrooms over here (at least that's what everyone says... i have to check it out but as far as i know it won't be a problem)

I'm thinking about doing it with a friend from my service in the army... he lives in Jerusalem (i can't wait for sunrise over looking the old city ON LSD!!!) i just hope it will work out...

thanks everyone for reassuring me hopefully next time i grow I'll do it properly and won't have to worry weather i have enough or not!

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Bulk Substrate