Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience >> Trip Reports

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineJust a Punk

Loc: Canada
Trip Report: Tripping With a Binaural Beat Machine
    #694959 - 06/22/02 08:07 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

My dad sells equipment to athletes. Heart rate monitors, specialized bicycle equipment, and little devices to mesaure blood lactose. Kind of a Niche Market. A few months back he started selling a device called the Sportslink. He gave one to me for trial use and asked me to report back after I had used it a few times.

The device is supposed to improve concentration and provide a relaxing effect. The device is aimed at anyone, though professional athletes have been using it before races to help them go that "extra mile".

I tried the device a few times sober and high on pot, but wasn't very interested by it. By and large it was annoying. It was sort of relaxing, but I have my own methods of relaxment.

Anyways, the other night I came across 3.5 grams of cubensis, and I thought I'd try it out as I was peaking. The sessions range from 10-80 minutes, so I picked one that was 25 minutes long. I hopped on my bed, put on my headphones and glasses.

I was about an hour and 20 minutes into the trip when the session started. I was very stoned and seeing some nice visuals. As the session started, I felt waves run across my body. My whole body tingled. The session gradually increased in intensity. I felt a strange pressure on the roof of my mouth, and other parts of my body. I looked up at the ceiling. It was no longer the ceiling, just a shimmiring haze of whitish colour.

The trip was increasing in intensity, and so was the session. The pulses of light from the LED glasses were becoming more frequent, and the sound was, well, interesting.

And then it happened. My ego dissolved. My body became nothingness, and I remembered a time when I had felt like this before. I was stretched and pulled and smeared across the psychedelic plane, I became nothingness and everything. This was odd, I had never experienced this sensation before on such a low dose. The mushrooms by themselves were certainly not powerful enough to induce such a trance.

I heard a loud THUMP. It was just my computer. I had left the speakers on and a process had just closed down. Suddenly I was back in my room laying on my bed. Interesting. The device may be useful for people who wish to experience ego loss but want to be able to stop it at any time.

I ignored the computer, lay back down, and finished off the session. It seemed very long, much longer than 25 minutes. It was hard to lay on my bed for that long in the state I was in. I ended up turning the machine off a few minutes from the end.

All in all the experience had a very technological feel to it, one feels as if they are in a vast computer of sorts. I really think it would have been better on acid. I will try it again with lsd and report back. I feel the device would stimulate lsd visuals better, as they are "faster", as well as clear and consise, unlike the dreamy mushroom visuals. Also, acid seems to suit technology better, if you understand my meaning.

The device used costs several hundred dollars Canadian. Not really worth the high price tag in my opinion. If you can find a similar one for less, it might be worth buying it. It added a new twist to my trip, was a cool novelty. If you can drop a few hundred dollars on a novelty, I would encourage you to buy this item. It has a very therapeutic effect, almost like a brain massage.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
The Mind, The Many, The Music.
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Under The Table And Dream...
Re: Trip Report: Tripping With a Binaural Beat Machine [Re: Just a Punk]
    #695306 - 06/23/02 01:31 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

What kind of commision do you get from your dad anyway?

"Have some congratulatory drugs." - C. Montgomery Burns

I'll probably always do drugs, so that just contributes to the addiction to The Shroomery... It's a vicious circle of bliss. :tongue2:

TMâ„¢ :cool:

Edited by TripMeister (06/23/02 01:31 AM)

Man of Poop
Loc: Los Angeles
Re: Trip Report: Tripping With a Binaural Beat Machine [Re: TM]
    #706960 - 06/28/02 03:15 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

I bought a machine similar to one of these called a mind machine. I think there have been many posts in the past about devices of these sorts. I use my machine every night before I goto bed and I am usually out cold in less than 10 minutes. I have tried the machine after blazing but have yet to try it after dosing. I'm sure the trip would be similar to Just a punk's trip. Mind machines also makes a device with glasses that has 2 different led colors, i bought the cheaper one with only 1 color and I'm really curious on what the difference is. Next time I trip (which will be very soon) i'll use the glasses and report back on my experience.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience >> Trip Reports