Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Anonymous

Shadow People
    #442804 - 10/31/01 05:49 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

I found this page and it brought back a memory...
http://artbell.com/shadows3.html

When I was about 16 or so I was seeing this girl that claimed that she saw shadows, her sister said the same thing. They both slept with their door shut because they usually were seen in the hallway. I didn't think she was crazy, and to an extent I believed her, but with out seeing them myself... well.

Her sister also told me a story about how she would oversleep a lot because her alarm clock would get shut off while she was asleep. She figured it was her sister doing it so one night she stayed awake in her bed so she could catch her in the act. She saw someone come into the room and shut off the alarm clock. Immediatly she jumped out of bed to turn on the light and went to the closet where whoever it was went when she got up. She opened the closet and there was nobody in it.

If you follow the link about there is a lot of various descriptions of these shadows... the ones that mygirlfriend claimed she saw where smaller, maybe closer to 3 feet or so tall.

Any thought or experiences?

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineTraveller
enthusiast
Re: Shadow People [Re: Anonymous]
    #442823 - 10/31/01 07:08 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

bunch of loonies, there's no such thing as "moving shadows"! hah! look there's my shadow and it stays perrrfectly still, wait!! it's moving!!! it's true, it's all so horribly, horribly true!!!!!

ok that was my homer simpson impression. brilliant, don't you think?

that shadow stuff's freaky though man, i'll keep my eyes peeled.

Anonymous

Re: Shadow People [Re: Traveller]
    #442829 - 10/31/01 07:22 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

don't peel you eyes, that may hurt...

InvisibleAdom
Totally Nude
 User Gallery
Loc: Way Up North
    #442930 - 10/31/01 11:03 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Wrong.

I once headed out in the woods with a friend to make some music, he brought his drum and I brought my guitar, so we sat there a bit and started to smoked a J while we slowly started playing just some basic improv. stuff while sitting across from each other, then I noticed the warm sun on my back, after we finished the J and started to get into the music, I opened up my eyes(I always play with them closed) only to notice my friends shadow was facing me, and all the shadows of the trees, shrubs, plants, ect were inverted towards us the entire time the sun was to my back and the shadows should of been casting the oposite way. I pointed this out to my friend who seen the exact same thing and we looked around in amazement at what we were seeing the entire time playing effortlessly(something I ususally have a huge problem with).
So how are you going to tell me that shadows always do what is 'scientifcally' correct?
Please don't attempt to tell me it was because of the weed either.

OfflineTraveller
enthusiast
Re: Shadow People [Re: Adom]
    #443532 - 10/31/01 08:53 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

it was just the weed man, nothing but the weed fuckin with your mind. what do you expect when you waste your time out in the woods banging away on drums and taking drugs? probably all into cleansing your chakras and chanting and all that crap too aren't ya? why not get a job eh? chakra boy?

Offlinejonnyshaggs420
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Mid-West
    #443776 - 11/01/01 01:46 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

I used to see just shadows.  I still do, especially when I wake used to wake up in the middle of the night.  After awhile they got more definition to them, and they looked like people, kind of.  When I was very young I used to see this shadow that crawled across the ceiling and hid in the corners, it always used to scare the shit out of me, sometimes literally :blush:.  Then when I was about 16 or so I saw it again, only this time it wasn't a just a shadow, it was this weird thing with no skin and a very large jaw.

Shadow people are very weird.  My alarm clock used to get shut off all the time too.  And it would spontaneously freeze at a certain time during the night.

--------------------
Vote Jonnyshaggs in the next election for GOD...Its the responsible choice

OfflineTraveller
enthusiast
Re: Shadow People [Re: jonnyshaggs420]
    #443818 - 11/01/01 03:06 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

shit maybe that's why my alarm clock's been stopping!!! I thought it was the batteries or something but I guess it could be the shadow people.

weird thing with no skin and a large jaw hiding in the corner of your ceiling? what happened next?

OfflineDankVudu
    #443877 - 10/31/01 10:11 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

>probably all into cleansing your chakras and chanting and all that crap too aren't ya? why not get a job eh? chakra boy?

I prefer the term 'balancing', but cleansing could be used I suppose... for some odd reason, reality tends to work out exactly the way I want it to when I balance in the morning...

Offlinejonnyshaggs420
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Mid-West
    #444153 - 11/01/01 02:19 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

I did what any self respecting man would do. 

I hid under the covers and cried until morning :cool:

--------------------
Vote Jonnyshaggs in the next election for GOD...Its the responsible choice

OfflineTraveller
enthusiast
Re: Shadow People [Re: DankVudu]
    #444185 - 11/01/01 02:37 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

how do you balance your chakras?

Offlinecoma
journeyman
    #444365 - 11/01/01 05:48 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

well actually i do have a very distinct memory of one time when i was about 9 or 10 years old ... of waking up after a nightmare in the middle of the night, and running to my parents room. on the way there were little 3 foot tall shadow people everywhere i looked. it scared me quite a bit... and is still quite vivid. i dont know whether they could be real 'shadow people' though...

--------------------
--------
"the greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist."

OfflineMosby
Stranger
Male
Loc: Letterkenny Ireland
Re: Shadow People [Re: coma]
    #444386 - 11/01/01 06:39 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Perception is a very strange thing how and why we perceive reality the way we do is subject to much discussion. But seeing shadows especially from corner of the eye in the peripheral vision is one of the key indicators of damage in the temporal lob of the brain. Damage my be a bad description unusual activity better fits what is happening in the brain when the fleeting shadow is perceived.

OfflineTimeleech
addict
Loc: Norway
Re: Shadow People [Re: Mosby]
    #444463 - 11/01/01 10:09 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Do you have any links to places where this is discussed? Any in-depth info? Most of my friends have shadows in the corners of their eyes. Most of my friends have also taken hallucinogens...
I would like to know more about the the specific scientific mechanisms of this "unusual activity".

--------------------
--
Eternally boggled, flummoxed, bewildered and surprised.
theophagy.org

OfflineSimple_Ed
journeyman
    #445511 - 11/03/01 10:22 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

I used to see wierd little black things in my early teens, they were never as clearly defined as people though, they seem to have pretty much stopped now.

Peace

--------------------
"Don't go plastic" - Tom Jenkinson

InvisibleAdom
Totally Nude
 User Gallery
    #445523 - 11/03/01 11:09 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

You are fucking pathetic, get a life, quickly, yours is wasting away.

InvisibleRevelation

User Gallery

Loc: heart cave
    #445560 - 11/03/01 12:23 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

You do realise I won't sleep now. Ever again.

--------------------

OfflineTraveller
enthusiast
    #445991 - 11/03/01 09:07 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

damnit I can't think of anything sarcastically not very funny to say. please don't take my previous posts seriously.

InvisibleIshmael
enthusiast

Re: Shadow People [Re: Simple_Ed]
    #446157 - 11/04/01 12:23 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Many children report seeing 'invisable people'...shadow people seems a variation on that theme. The concept of an 'invisable friend'...though everything mentioned here seems more ominous and manevolent. But then, children arn't taught to accept such things...and seeing something that mommy and daddy can't see might lead to confusion...and thusly fear. And fear promotes itself once it becomes a mental process...fear breeds fear. It's a particular kind of feedback loop...so where one child may find an invisable playmate...it is possible for another person with lenses of fear over their eyes to see something a menacing shadow lurking waiting to pounce.

Ish

InvisibleAdom
Totally Nude
 User Gallery
Re: Shadow People *DELETED* [Re: Traveller]
    #446272 - 11/04/01 02:34 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Post deleted by Adom

InvisibleUlysees
Power of Lard

#446370 - 11/04/01 06:13 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Man, I wish I never read this. ;) It reminds me of when I was little... I had (and still have) a very vivid imagination (hopefully...). I would see, hear, and feel things that "weren't" there (again, hopefully). These things were awful. Many nights were spent with all but my eyes peering out from under my blanket. That in itself was awful. I would get so hot, every night of my childhood. I developed ways to fight the heat off. You know how when you move a limb to another part of the bed it's refreshingly cool? Well I would make my way across the bed so that I entered a new part, and let the old parts cool... I did the same with my pillow, flipping it after so long... It was so scary that I only dared to leave my bed once, that was a top speed burn down the hall to my parents room... Scariest moments of my life. I remember jumping off the bed, more like leaping, so I'd be out of reach of the shadows under my bed when I hit the floor... I'm 18 and I'm getting very nervous right now... Plus it's 4 in the morning and I've been reading about everything from Jesus to airplanes for the last few days straight (I've slept, I'm not on speed or anything).
I guess it's all imagination, right? But how can things be so vivid in a childs mind? Perhaps there is a little truth to the shadow people, by the time we're adults most of us have the mental power (from constant effort) to block them out. I don't know...
I often walk around the house at night, pitch black, so as not to disturb the rest of the family. I can't deny the very strong feelings of oddness I get, even now...

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology