Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleAbstractHarmonix
Love is like a train...
Female

Loc: The Sea
Im addicted to cigarettes, and pissed off.
    #4375692 - 07/06/05 12:36 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

I hate this shit.

I dont have any right now and it is getting to me, mentally i suppose.  but my body starts freakin out too.  god damnit.

and i am in michigan now, where it seriously is like 6 bucks for a pack of cigarettes.

and my boyfriend doesnt like it and i dont really like it either, but now it is habit and addiction.

trying to fight it.

but damnit it is so hard cause i could just go to the store... :mad2:

--------------------
A plethora of music aspirations control my temptations of future revelations beyond "now". The percussion, and the heart beat of my love and devotion. The rhythm goes beyond, prying into the third eye, releasing the creativity held so far inside. The melodicies, through the out of tune pianos and broken classical guitars...there lies a beauty. A beauty as prevelent as the fire inside. To release these energies is pure ecstacy, to deveop these gifts is sacred. The vocality, so pure as can be, shying away from herself, lies within me. For the underlying serenitity, this is what I live for. I plea for harmony, and nothing more. Music equals love. Creation of love leads to the procreativity of the World, and it's spirals and puddles prevailing.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleYarry
Old Timer
 User Gallery

Re: Im addicted to cigarettes, and pissed off. [Re: AbstractHarmonix]
    #4375698 - 07/06/05 12:39 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

if you really dont like it then ull quit. i think ur just pissed thta theyre spensive.. im the only one in my family that doesnt smoke, cant afford it monetarily or physically.

anyways, you should quit, itll make ya happy

--------------------
Grumpy Old Man.

OfflineJoeyBond
 User Gallery

Re: Im addicted to cigarettes, and pissed off. [Re: Yarry]
    #4375729 - 07/06/05 12:47 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

i quit last febuary, been smoking since 92 geesh. my woman made me quit. im not whipped im fortunate to have some one special.

Love is like a train...
Female

Re: Im addicted to cigarettes, and pissed off. [Re: JoeyBond]
    #4376148 - 07/06/05 02:59 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

yeah, this is just definitely the hardest thing in the world to stop.

i stopped eating meat 7 years ago...

that was easy :lol:

--------------------
A plethora of music aspirations control my temptations of future revelations beyond "now". The percussion, and the heart beat of my love and devotion. The rhythm goes beyond, prying into the third eye, releasing the creativity held so far inside. The melodicies, through the out of tune pianos and broken classical guitars...there lies a beauty. A beauty as prevelent as the fire inside. To release these energies is pure ecstacy, to deveop these gifts is sacred. The vocality, so pure as can be, shying away from herself, lies within me. For the underlying serenitity, this is what I live for. I plea for harmony, and nothing more. Music equals love. Creation of love leads to the procreativity of the World, and it's spirals and puddles prevailing.

InvisibleHeavyToilet
The Heaviest OfThem All
Male

Loc: British Columbia
    #4376878 - 07/06/05 05:46 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

What was your reason for stopping your consumption of meat?

It couldn't have been because you thought it was unhealthy if you were smoking cigarettes.

OfflineAdamist
ℚṲℰϟ✞ЇѺℵ ℛ∃Åʟḯ†У
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bloomington, IN
Re: Im addicted to cigarettes, and pissed off. [Re: HeavyToilet]
    #4377127 - 07/06/05 06:39 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

HeavyToilet said:
What was your reason for stopping your consumption of meat?

It couldn't have been because you thought it was unhealthy if you were smoking cigarettes.

lmao

--------------------
:heartpump: { { { ṧ◎ηḯ¢ αʟ¢ℌ℮мƴ } } } :heartpump:

OfflineFreshCaps
Nor-Cal

Loc: The Cannabis State
Re: Im addicted to cigarettes, and pissed off. [Re: Adamist]
    #4377195 - 07/06/05 06:53 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Ares, good thing I moved to Cali huh? I hated that the cigs were so damn expensive there...

--------------------
THE BEST ASS:

InvisibleHolydiver
Stranger
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The midnight sea
    #4377371 - 07/06/05 07:43 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Yes it's hard, but if you can make it 72 hours (the time it takes nicotine to leave your body) it's uphill from there. Your life will improve when you finally break the habit, I can guarantee that much. More money in your pocket, more time in the day to do other things, you can taste food, don't feel weak all the time, don't reek inside and out, etc. I could go on and on.

Check out this site, it got me through the first week of hell when I quit.

http://www.whyquit.com/

--------------------
To find a place to live between the negatives and positives.

OfflineAdamist
ℚṲℰϟ✞ЇѺℵ ℛ∃Åʟḯ†У
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bloomington, IN
Re: Im addicted to cigarettes, and pissed off. [Re: Holydiver]
    #4377485 - 07/06/05 08:24 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

I still can't believe something so addicting and harmful to your health is LEGAL. :wtf:

--------------------
:heartpump: { { { ṧ◎ηḯ¢ αʟ¢ℌ℮мƴ } } } :heartpump:

Love is like a train...
Female

Re: Im addicted to cigarettes, and pissed off. [Re: Adamist]
    #4377870 - 07/06/05 10:11 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Adamist said:
I still can't believe something so addicting and harmful to your health is LEGAL. :wtf:

kinda like alcohol.  its because people can get away with it.  it doesnt alter their state of mind, or programming.

and because of dumbasses that smoke salvia while operating motor vehicles, and because of people who get themselves into very disturbing situations on mushrooms and other psychedlics, and because they can tax it.

give them reason to keep the good shit illegal, and the horrible shit accessible.

suck is the government and populus.

--------------------

Offlineravin0ff
Stranger
 User Gallery

#4378424 - 07/07/05 01:02 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

6 bucks? lucky bum. they're 8 in NY.

I quit cigarettes... a few times. my first time quitting I did it for health reasons. about 4 days later i rationalized my impulses by saying "a cigarette a day can't possibly do harm, some people smoke several packs a day", and within 2 weeks, I was back to normal smoking habits. On my next attempt, after a couple days of abstaining, I figured that most of the time I would smoke from addiction, or habit, not because I actually enjoyed it, so I decided I would only smoke when I would enjoy it, and not to fulfill an addiction. 2 weeks later... well, you can guess... well now I've quit for good, I've figured that cigarettes do nothing in themselves, except create an addiction, and fulfilling that addiction is what makes them enjoyable. so if I'm smoking, and enjoying it, I'm fueling an addiction, and addictions are bad and to be avoided at all costs. get some tea tree toothpicks from a health food store. they taste a lot better than cigs, smell a lot better, make your breath a lot more pleasant, you can pick out food that's stuck between your teeth, and best of all, you look cooler!

good luck

Offlinegoob
Sleepy

#4378928 - 07/07/05 05:49 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

I quit @ 20 years ago, glad I did but it was rough for about 6 weeks.

I tried quitting caffein several times since, it was rougher.

Offlinebutterflydawn
lucid dreamer
 User Gallery

Loc: lost at sea
Re: Im addicted to cigarettes, and pissed off. [Re: goob]
    #4378941 - 07/07/05 05:56 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

quiting the shit is damn hard.
i had given up for 3 months,
and i've started by the sea with a beer with a beautiful girl.
fuck it,she'll be in states,i'll be in europe.
sorry off topic.

--------------------
lucidal expansion

InvisibleFucknuckle
Dog Lover

Re: Im addicted to cigarettes, and pissed off. [Re: AbstractHarmonix] * 1
    #4379063 - 07/07/05 07:54 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Cigs sucks no doubt...............

I was a heavy smoker for 15 years. Tries quitting several times. Finally a old dude told me how to handle it.

HE said

"Hey when you have a common cold what can you do about it ?

Well nothing but wait it out. After doing that many times in my life. Suffer thru colds, flus and other common things. I realized that the pain of no cigs can be dealt with the same way."

It seems it is all a mental picture. Once I realized the simplicity of that. I suffered for about a week. It is all in the mind and the power of thought.

You can quit because your worth it my friend.

--------------------
What it is, is what it is my Brother.
It is as it is, so suffer thru it.

Offlinebaraka
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: hyperspace Flag
    #4380617 - 07/07/05 04:30 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Its better then being pissed on...

:smile:

Cigs do suck tho and are just not worth it.  My friend quit with the gum(expensive gum).

--------------------
This is the only time I really feel alive.

Offlinegoob
Sleepy

Re: Im addicted to cigarettes, and pissed off. [Re: butterflydawn]
    #4380835 - 07/07/05 05:42 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

butterflydawn said:
quiting the shit is damn hard.
i had given up for 3 months,
and i've started by the sea with a beer with a beautiful girl.

I'd forgoten how well morning coffea, sex and alcahol go with cigs

OfflineBanJankri
FreefallerUpwards

#4386111 - 07/09/05 04:48 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Yeah I find quitting tobacco seems to be the one of the hardest addictions I've had to deal with. I had some good periods and as of now I havent smoked in around 3 weeks but I still feel the need smoke tobacco every now and then and that feeling scares me as Im not sure I can be strong enough to fight it all the time. Its good to think you're strong but realistically it is damn hard.

What I'm proud of is in my earlier trying to quit phases I always substituted weed with tobacco (as when I'm smoking weed I feel no need to smoke tobacco, it even makes me feel dizzy, but I dont have access to weed always so that plan doesnt always work out.) but this time I quit for 3 weeks which included no tobacco nor weed.
Which reminds me its time to light up a bowl of nice ganja with some low tolerance :smile:

--------------------
Just let everything flow, just flow right to the center of everything. You gotta turn off your mind and relax, and then just float downstream...

InvisibleKrishna
कृष्ण,LOL
 User Gallery

Loc: oakland
Re: Im addicted to cigarettes, and pissed off. [Re: BanJankri]
    #4386140 - 07/09/05 05:19 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

i last quit smoking cigs last october. stayed off for a month and a half, and then slowly slipped back to it.

now i'm alternating smoking cigs with snus, a swedish form of smokeless tobacco (quite different than american chewing tobacco, but the same basic concept).

both go very much against my moral principles - mainly because of the way that tobacco MNCs treat 3rd-world farmers like shit. however, right now i'm working on not smoking pot for a month or two, and don't have the will-power to quit both at the same time.

that'll be my project for the fall, i guess...

--------------------

InvisibleSuperD
Cacti junky
 User Gallery

Loc: The bridgesii bridge
Re: Im addicted to cigarettes, and pissed off. [Re: Krishna]
    #4389449 - 07/10/05 09:58 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

For some reason even during my years of heavy acid mushroom pot meth etc use, I never did pick up a cig habit.  Tried them maybe 3 or 4 times in my entire life but never really enjoyed them.  I guess I just hate putting a substance into my body if it's not going to get me fucked up / tripping / speeding / etc.  Six dollars is a lot of fucking money for a lot of nothing in a pack.  That would be reason enough for me to stay away!  Good luck Ares, I'm sure they're addicting but each time you even think about going out to buy a pack, remember how much you're trying to quit and how good it feels not to smell like a fuckin smoke factory.  I can't stand people that walk by me and reek like cigs  :smoker: :puke:

--------------------
:super:D
Manoa said:
I need to stop spending all my money on plants and take up a cheaper hobby, like heroin. :lol:

Looking for Rauhocereus riosaniensis seeds or live specimen(s), :pm: me if you have any for trade

InvisiblednL
stranger thanstrange

Re: Im addicted to cigarettes, and pissed off. [Re: SuperD]
    #4389837 - 07/10/05 01:26 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

the way i look at it is, i'd rather puff a bowl than a cigarette ...

a lot of my friends smoke, nearly all of them, and i've refrained from picking up the habit ... i only smoke when i'm all faded and it's 3 in the morning, just so i can calm down a little

find something to take your mind off the cigs ... every time you think of smoking a cig, go read a book, draw a picture, etc, etc ...

addiction is all in your head

good luck  :sunny:

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds