Home | Community | Message Board

Magic Mushrooms Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleGumby
Fishnologist
 User Gallery

Meth addict on the verge of suicide
    #2909930 - 07/20/04 07:40 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

A good friend of mine(we'll call her Jane) has developed some sort of stimulant addiction. I'm not sure if it is cocaine or methamphetamine. I've heard rumors that Jane doing meth. Either way, this situation is bad news. Jane said that she is incredibly depressed and constantly thinks about suicide. Jane said the only time she feels happy is when shes "messed up." She has started to show signs of meth usage. She will stay up for 3 or 4 days at a time, doesn't eat, has wild mood swings, twitches, and has started to develop sores on her face from constant itching. Jane has also stated that the only reason she feels that she has to live is to get "messed up."

The big problem here is that her parents aren't exactly what one would call supportive. Jane told a friend of mine that she realizes that she has a problem and is an addict. She wants to get help, so she wants my friend to talk to her parents so that they will get her an appointment with a physiatrist. The problem is that her parents don't believe in getting help for a mental illness (they don't believe in mental illness period). If my friend told Jane's parents that Jane was a drug addict, they would likely scold Jane to the point that it would push her over the edge causing her to commit suicide.

I know some people here might have dabbled in this area before or been in a similar situation, so I figured you guys would know best.

This is a matter of life and death, so please keep all replies serious.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinesupamexpimp
bad fish
Loc: in a better place
Re: Meth addict on the verge of suicide [Re: Gumby]
    #2910047 - 07/20/04 08:09 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

yeah dude get her some help the psych might help get her on benzos or any antidepressant that the doc gives her take her to n.a if she really wants quit put her in rehab. just be there for her meth addiction is one of the hardest things to deal with. well at least she knows she has a problem most of them deny it but she seriousl needs help man.

--------------------
"people wanna come up and they wan' tell me: smokin crack cocaine better than sensi.youre puffin that shit till you're sick of it! tweakin every weekend and we just cant take it..."
-Sublime

Offlinecanid
irregular meat sprocket
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: looking for zeebras, n. c...
    #2911004 - 07/21/04 12:23 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

now that's a tough situation. i hate the thought that poeple like that even consider having children.

i would try to talk to her supportively and maybe have other people she might listen to do likewise without being annoying about it. if you seriously think she is in danger of taking her life, call the police and let them know you suspect she is in eminent danger of doing so. at least facing a wellness test might make her realiaze that she isn't just going to drift out of her life and it would keep her from doing anything immediately.

what her parents think of her situation is of secondary consideration to her immediate physical welbeing.

--------------------

Attn PWN hunters: If you should come across a bluing Psilocybe matching P. pellicolusa please smell it.
If you detect a scent reminiscent of Anethole (anise) please preserve a specimen or two for study and please PM me.

InvisibleGGreatOne234
Stranger
Re: Meth addict on the verge of suicide [Re: canid]
    #2911267 - 07/21/04 03:30 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

yeah, from the way you explain it, sounds to me like she is in all-around seriously bad-shape right now. and meth is all-around probably the most addictive and annoying drugs on the planet.

if you HONESTLY believe that the women is going to kill herself and you care about her enough than by all means, call the coppers.. they'll deal with her and give her the help she needs.. in situations like those the coppers are actually there to help people..

meth is a serious, serious, seriously insane addiction

she'll kick and scream the whole way there, but clearly, for most people, there simply is no other way out. she would obviously have to be forced into a rehab, and, well, i dunno, sounds like she doesnt have the funding to go to a rehab, so, call the coppers and just ask them what they could do your for your friend, just ask and see what they say, see what options are available

But it's a very, very, very big decision on your behalf, to actually pull the trigger on the girl and call, because she will kick and scream and bite and drool the whole way towards rehab.

or find another option, the other option would be to have her self-admit herself, and, basically meth addiction and coke/crack addiction is too strong and annoying and painful for anyone to be in their right mind to actually try cleaning themselves up.

make a few phone calls and just see what options are available, see what kind of state funded rehab type things are available.

psychologist and all that are most likely beyond her repair until she kicks the habit.. its a long road.. a long road to see someone you care about have to go down, but, maybe, in the long run, she might eventually appreciate someone that sees it happening to her and cares enough to save her life.. once the speed is out of her body, and if she can stay off it, she would then see clearly again, and maybe see that she couldnt have done it alone. and probably would have just died from it.

peace out gumby,
GG

years ago i had a heroin addiction, i kicked on my own after many years of using.. i dunno man, i kept it a massive secret.. if someone sent me to rehab unwillingly i would probably still to this day hate their f.cking guts to-death, im serious, even if it saved life..i think.... its a gawd damn nightmare.

first just make some phone calls (she won't call to even find out) and find out her options, and then just beg her to commit herself to rehab.. youch, it is a serious nightmare withdrawling from hardcore drugs.. .. .. in most cases people would rather just die than have to go through it.

Invisiblephalloidin

#2911281 - 07/21/04 03:43 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Meth is seriously bad stuff. When on meth, you develop a completely different mind state than your normal sober way of being. Her suicidal state may simply be due to the amphetamine psychosis she is currently undergoing. Simply getting her off of it for a while may allow her to realize that death is no answer to her problems. Do whatever is necessary to prevent her from causing any harm to herself. Best of luck to you and your friend. Much love.

InvisibleGGreatOne234
Stranger
Re: Meth addict on the verge of suicide [Re: phalloidin]
    #2911349 - 07/21/04 05:09 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

yeah, it's seriously wicked sh.t imo.

i did meth once.. i was at a phish-festival in the everglades for new years..
-some dude that was giving me and my buddy mesculine on this board walk..he was dressed in this gold spandex jumpsuit with a black cape, and me and all the other hippies dared him to jump into this little swamp because he claimed there were alligators in there (of which there weren't but he still jumped in the stupid thing anyways).
-It was basically party-time like none-other, and him and his buddy gave me and my buddy a line of meth...so i tried

I dont use speed, can't stand the stuff. annoys the heck out of me.
But i figured id already done some acid and opium and ecstasy and mushrooms and herb and booze and mesculine and all kinds of other non-sense that night so we indulged in meth..
--i got super fucked up, just off the wire crazy after the meth.. i remember running around in the dark asking everyone for jumper cables, and the next thing i knew i was standing along this gravel road hanging out with some acid-dealer and got all cranky and obserdly pissed off at the event staff on their green 'gator' 4 wheel go-cart things for not giving me cables and then trying to drive away and i almost started a damn riot on shakedown street, it was wicked-mean, i was convincing all the hippies that the event staff were the enemy and that we had to blow the bridges out with explosives so nobody could ever leave.
-Competely and utterly out of my mind, from the meth.
-I never start trouble quite like that. I was literally out of of my mind and out of control.

So then i just eventually passed out.

Keep shroomin,
GG

OfflinepsilocyberV
old hand

#2911777 - 07/21/04 09:41 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

There are quite a few great suicide prevention help-lines and websites available online. They have numbers that YOU can call to get professional advice about what you can and cannot (or more appropriately what you should and should not) do to help your friend.

I'm not knocking the personal experiences or advice offered by the members of this community, but in a situation as serious as you describe (especially non-supportive family) I would take the extra steps to contact professional (other than cops) before going to last resorts.

A google search for "suicide prevention" should provide all the tools you need. Call one of the centers, explain the situation, tell them about the suspected speed problem, listen to their advice. They may be able to offer SPECIFIC solutions to your area (like local detox centers that may be free or funded). There are undoubtedly other avenues you can pursue than calling in the "coppers." Cops, after all, aren't specifically trained for this sort of problem and more appropiately it's a public health issue and there are usually tons of local "free" resources to get help in this area.

Be prepared to loose your friendship with this person. They may never forgive you for what you do to help them out, but know that you are probably saving their life, and that should be more important than the survival of your friendship (even if they'll never understand).

InvisibleGGreatOne234
Stranger
Re: Meth addict on the verge of suicide [Re: psilocyber]
    #2912454 - 07/21/04 01:34 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Sound advice.

OfflineMiscusi
Upstate Chillin'
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Canadas eh? Flag
    #2913722 - 07/21/04 08:05 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Hmm ive done meth alot and coke, and its never made mw twitch or scratch, sounds like crack to me man =( Either way ya need to help her, talk to her about it.

InvisibleGumby
Fishnologist
 User Gallery

#2913977 - 07/21/04 09:34 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

One thing I forgot to mention about this situation... This girl is 17, still living with her parents, and in highschool. Makes matters even worse.

Offlinemasterg
Stranger
Loc: CA
Re: Meth addict on the verge of suicide [Re: Miscusi]
    #2914035 - 07/21/04 09:54 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Miscusi said:
Hmm ive done meth alot and coke, and its never made mw twitch or scratch, sounds like crack to me man =( Either way ya need to help her, talk to her about it.

When AFOAF was using blow, not crack, for several months to a year on a daily basis, he eventually always twitched. This lasted a long time after he quit using the drug also. I've seen and heard of similar twitching problems becoming constant for other people too.

--------------------
Peace,
masterg

Offlinecaimen
the unknown
Loc: HERE
    #2914065 - 07/21/04 10:06 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

I was once hooked on meth. Me my sister her friends My friends everyone. NO JOKE. I saw i was a addict. I got help. i had to RAT my sister out. Yes i did Rat her out. Took all her shit and gave it to my mom. She hated me for like a year. all most got my ass kicked for it a few times. But 3 years later Shes off The SHIT and still loves me.

My advice> Get her help ! Go to N.A. WITH her. Show her that she is important to you. Take her shit FLUSH IT. Tell the friends that give it to her To STOP. And if u have to LOCK HER UP IN rehab. she might hate u for it now but if she lives she will love u later

--------------------
MAN Made Speed
GOD Made Weed
<Who do YOU TRUST ? >

http://www.shroomery.org/index/par/25954

OfflineBlue_Apocalypse
Central NervousSystem

Loc: Illinois
    #2917373 - 07/22/04 07:31 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

One thing I forgot to mention about this situation... This girl is 17, still living with her parents, and in highschool. Makes matters even worse.

No, that is the best thing about the whole situation. She needs in-patient care. The most difficult thing is getting the parents and friends to force her to stop her entire life right now. She can be taken out of school and put in full time in-patient rehab. There are legal avenues that can be taken but someone has to keep an eye on her until she is actually checked in. If this is a life threatening situation, then that is what HAS to be done. Ive had 4 friends commit suicide (and ive only had about 10 close friends my entire life) so i know what im talking about here. I know we all make fun of interventions and crap since we all use drugs occasionally but this could be the single most important thing you ever do in your life.
You will be going to an intervention or a funeral, its up to you.

OfflineUncleMike
Visionary
Male

Loc: S.W. Virginia
Re: Meth addict on the verge of suicide [Re: Blue_Apocalypse]
    #2921655 - 07/23/04 06:11 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

yes you are right. She is still on her parents insurance. she need professional help. go with her to her parents. she need to face her parents. they are the only one who can help her get help.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies