Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinemockeylock
head
 User Gallery

Re: Psilocybin at its highest just as veil breaks...here's the source of the rumour [Re: myndreach]
    #4287316 - 06/12/05 03:14 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

I don't see why this is an issue!  Obviously this difference is minimal or else we'd know the answer.

Who cares about a couple percent when dealing with cubes?
:confused:

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleHolydiver
Stranger
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The midnight sea
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Psilocybin at its highest just as veil breaks...here's the source of the rumour [Re: myndreach]
    #4287393 - 06/12/05 03:29 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

If you harvest when the caps flatten out horizontally, you gain a noticeable amount of mass as opposed to harvesting before the veil breaks, obviously. I've never noticed a difference in potency between the two, therefore I don't believe there actually is a detectable difference.

What really interests me is that a company such as Procare harvests before veil breakage. Do they know something we don't, or are they merely acting on unscientific data as well? Perhaps customers in the dutch coffee shops believe they are more potent prior to veil dropping, and they set the market standard. I should email Procare.

--------------------
To find a place to live between the negatives and positives.

Edited by Diver (06/12/05 03:35 PM)

OfflineMitchnast
Toadmonger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Okanagan Flag
Re: Psilocybin at its highest just as veil breaks...here's the source of the rumour [Re: Holydiver]
    #4287422 - 06/12/05 03:35 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

time for giving these guys a call

Offlinemockeylock
head
 User Gallery

Re: Psilocybin at its highest just as veil breaks...here's the source of the rumour [Re: Mitchnast]
    #4287431 - 06/12/05 03:37 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:  ^^^^^^Now that's fuckin' funny^^^^^

--------------------

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Psilocybin at its highest just as veil breaks...here's the source of the rumour [Re: Holydiver]
    #4287727 - 06/12/05 04:36 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Diver said:
If you harvest when the caps flatten out horizontally, you gain a noticeable amount of mass as opposed to harvesting before the veil breaks, obviously. I've never noticed a difference in potency between the two, therefore I don't believe there actually is a detectable difference.

What really interests me is that a company such as Procare harvests before veil breakage. Do they know something we don't, or are they merely acting on unscientific data as well? Perhaps customers in the dutch coffee shops believe they are more potent prior to veil dropping, and they set the market standard. I should email Procare.

Just about all mushrooms sold in legal countries, are sold before the veil breaks. I think it might just have to do with keeping it clean. They're dealing with such huge amounts that the spores probably just make them look ugly when packaged (like at out grocery store) and make a mess in the place. I know my production puts spores ALL over the place, I could only imagine that shit.

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

InvisibleVirgilKane
Miner for truth and delusion
 User Gallery

Loc: lowdown
Re: Psilocybin at its highest just as veil breaks...here's the source of the rumour [Re: Mitchnast]
    #4288201 - 06/12/05 06:09 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Yeah, but those Nimrod's left them until they were all almost flattened out!! Here we go again....

--------------------
Absense of evidence is not evidence of absense...

"Religion is a defense against a religious experience"
              Carl G. Jung

"So really, ordinary reality is a kind of chemical habit, sanctioned by culture, which says it's okay to use certain drugs, eat certain foods, and have certain sexual behaviors. However, when you transcend all this pre-conditioning by returning to the original wisdom of the animal body, then you discover this immense dimension of opportunity. For some people, it is a frightening risk. To me, that's the psychedelic experience."
Terence McKenna

Invisiblemyndreach
philosopher
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Psilocybin at its highest just as veil breaks...here's the source of the rumour [Re: VirgilKane]
    #4297369 - 06/14/05 11:04 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Here's where the rumour comes from! The great psylocybe fanaticus himself!

Quote:

When the caps aren?t fully expanded, all of the races look similar. The visual differences emerge when the shrooms mature, but then when they mature, they are only good for spore printing. These are weak in potency and unsatisfying for tripping. So the word of wisdom is, grow them PF style, harvest them when they are young and cool dry them with desiccant. When this is done, they are an entheogen of the highest nature.

bottom of page
http://www.fungifun.org/fanaticus/forensic.htm

OfflineIGnosticAbhorI
Stranger-er

#4297380 - 06/14/05 11:07 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

hahaha :smirk:

Who cares where it started....Just stop it(the rumors) :smirk:

-Gnostic

Edited by IGnosticAbhorI (06/14/05 11:14 PM)

InvisibleThumpaCap
Beer Taster

Loc: Shroomwhere Out There
    #4297390 - 06/14/05 11:11 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

but where did he hear it from  :shrug:

--------------------
:bongload: Look into my heyes !! :bongload:

Invisiblemyndreach
philosopher
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Psilocybin at its highest just as veil breaks...here's the source of the rumour [Re: ThumpaCap]
    #4297428 - 06/14/05 11:19 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

I'm just curious about it. If PF said it, I wonder what evidence he had.

Plus I'm REALLY high lol...ahem...I digress...

It'd be interesting to find out if it is true or not to put the myth/truth to rest.

Invisiblemyndreach
philosopher
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #4297434 - 06/14/05 11:20 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

I mean, here's another quote in another page about cakes...

Quote:

The secret to potent mushrooms is in their age when picked. It has been scientifically proven that the small immature specimens are significantly more potent than the larger mature specimens. Over half of the small primordia that first form will abhort (cease growing, convolute and deform). Pick these before their heads turn black. A pointed knife blade works well for removing these high potency primodia. These are among the most potent. The abortive mushrooms are also high potency. Harvest them when they are young and before their heads turn black. When the fruitbodies are normal, harvest them before the veil under the cap breaks. The mushrooms will be smaller and their heads will be roundish. It is important to note that the mushroom cakes pictured in this book are all mostly well matured. While these mature specimens are beautiful and perfect, they are not as potent as the diminutive specimens. The mature specimens are good for spore collecting and showcasing but are weak in psychedelic potency.

Where does he get that from??? He says, "scientifically proven"

WHERE?

Edited by myndreach (06/14/05 11:21 PM)

OfflineIGnosticAbhorI
Stranger-er

#4297504 - 06/14/05 11:36 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

That's the point man...

You don't need scientifical Evidence to Make something up...:smirk:

-Gnostic

Invisiblemyndreach
philosopher
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Psilocybin at its highest just as veil breaks...here's the source of the rumour [Re: IGnosticAbhorI]
    #4298369 - 06/15/05 08:08 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

But are you so sure he made it up? I mean, PF was a longtime grower who knows his stuff, so I'm sure it's based off of something he heard/read/saw.

Edited by myndreach (06/15/05 08:32 AM)

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #4298445 - 06/15/05 08:42 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

LOL....PF has/had alot to learn too.

PF was good at basic growing..that says nothing about nothing though. PF could never back up the claim either. He still comes to this board every now and then...

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

OfflineQuadrupleTree
Single Whip

#4298577 - 06/15/05 09:33 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

myndreach said:

Quote:

Over half of the small primordia that first form will abhort (cease growing, convolute and deform). Pick these before their heads turn black. A pointed knife blade works well for removing these high potency primodia. These are among the most potent. The abortive mushrooms are also high potency. Harvest them when they are young and before their heads turn black.

Does he suggest that primordia and aborts should be harvested before the rest of the flush? Might this disturb the process? Can it be harvested with the flush instead, or do you face rotting issues?

--------------------
I don't know if you are ready, but I'd like to offer the Truth of Dr. David R. Hawkins...http://www.veritaspub.com

People talk about getting "the fear." There is simply a lack of inner confidence and comfort. Those people haven't studied any type of mind training. I suggest they seriously consider Qigong.

OfflineGatorade
A-With-A-Teeth-A

Re: Psilocybin at its highest just as veil breaks...here's the source of the rumour [Re: QuadrupleTree]
    #4299020 - 06/15/05 11:10 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Even if there is no potency drop after the veil breaks, would it still be a better idea to harvest before it opens?

I am not talking about potency, but the spores that drop. Some have said that it effects future flushes... is this another rumor that we are going to spread around or has anyone had real experience with this difference? I mean, a light dusting of spores on the casing layer couldn't really effect it to much could it?

--------------------

Invisibleyousuck
Stranger

Re: Psilocybin at its highest just as veil breaks...here's the source of the rumour [Re: Gatorade]
    #4299501 - 06/15/05 01:12 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

what the hell is with people saying "potentcy drops". i thought the rumor stated that "psilo is stopped being produced after the veil breaks while the mushroom itself continues to grow, therefore lowering the psilo to mushroom matter ratio".

so the rumor is that the psilo actually degrades after the veil breaks? thats completely retarted.

Invisiblemyndreach
philosopher
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Psilocybin at its highest just as veil breaks...here's the source of the rumour [Re: yousuck]
    #4299575 - 06/15/05 01:28 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

so the rumor is that the psilo actually degrades after the veil breaks? thats completely retarted.

I agree, but that isn't the rumor. The rumor is that the psilocybin stops production when the veil breks.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale