Home | Community | Message Board

Phytoextractum
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Paul Stamets

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineIMTRIPPINOUT
if the veil breaks this does mean that there ready 2 harvest
    #1957840 - 09/27/03 07:59 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

if thhe veil breaks it does mean that the mushies are ready to harvest right?

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineTremor1127
Mental Member
Male

Loc: In a Van Down By the Rive...
Post deleted by Administrator [Re: IMTRIPPINOUT]
    #1957843 - 09/27/03 08:00 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Offlineshirley knott
not my real name
 User Gallery
Loc: London Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: if the veil breaks this does mean that there ready 2 harvest [Re: Tremor1127]
    #1957855 - 09/27/03 08:03 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

now now.

/slaps wrist

--------------------
buh

OfflineTremor1127
Mental Member
Male

Loc: In a Van Down By the Rive...
Post deleted by Administrator [Re: shirley knott]
    #1957861 - 09/27/03 08:05 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

OfflineIMTRIPPINOUT
Re: if the veil breaks this does mean that there ready 2 harvest [Re: Tremor1127]
    #1957926 - 09/27/03 08:34 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

thank you very much sorry if i offended any experienced shroomers with the stupidity of my question!this is my freinds first try and just to get to this point is pretty exciting!

Anonymous

#1957930 - 09/27/03 08:35 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

some say that picking right after the veil breaks is the best time since after that they will get a lil bigger but not produce any more psilocybin...I'm not really sure if theres any truth to that but I always pick mine right when the veil starts tearing....unless I'm using it for a spore print....then I let it mature more

InvisibleZen Peddler
Male User Gallery

Loc: orbit
Re: if the veil breaks this does mean that there ready 2 harvest [Re: ]
    #1959326 - 09/28/03 12:05 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

ive never read any scientific evidence that proved this = and i came to the conclusion it was typically incorrect. Im not sure how a veil can affect alkaloid production in anyway. :smile:

--------------------

Invisibletripndicular
My Minds Eye IsRhizomorphic

Loc: Bowels of HELL
Re: if the veil breaks this does mean that there ready 2 harvest [Re: IMTRIPPINOUT]
    #1959345 - 09/28/03 12:18 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

It all depends on two things ...
1 Are you jonseing to eat them :blush:
2 Do you want prints for future use , or trading  :cool:
If 1 is your answer ... PIck them now  :smirk:
If 2 is your answer ... wait a few more hours until the caps start to open up , then select the best ones and make prints . :smile: :cool:
Good Luck
May The Mushroom Goddess Bless All Your Endeavors ! 

--------------------
Any information I give is not intended to aide you in the production of potentialy illegal substances !None of my exp comes from growing illegal varities , so take it as you will .
So with that said here is our mission statement .

Then the priest fell into a trance or swoon,& said unto the Queen of heaven ; Write unto us the ordeals; write unto us the rituals; write unto us the law !

InvisibleZen Peddler
Male User Gallery

Re: if the veil breaks this does mean that there ready 2 harvest [Re: tripndicular]
    #1959357 - 09/28/03 12:22 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

why pick them now? Since different cubensis strains lose their veil at different times, can you please explain to me how logically the breaking of a small membrane has any relevance to alkaliod production? I say pick them when they are mature - i agree with stamets on that.

--------------------

Invisibletripndicular

Re: if the veil breaks this does mean that there ready 2 harvest [Re: Zen Peddler]
    #1959388 - 09/28/03 12:33 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

I said nothing about potency .
But why pick now if not interested in print making ?
1 huge reason and Stametes says this himself ...
Spores that land on the substrate can and will inhibit future growth of next flushes .
IMO alkaloid production stops when the mush is prepairing to dump spores , they begin to use their energy sources to produce and release spores instead of producing chemicals used to protect fruits from being eaten by predators , just a theory , but a valid one IMO .

--------------------
Any information I give is not intended to aide you in the production of potentialy illegal substances !None of my exp comes from growing illegal varities , so take it as you will .

Then the priest fell into a trance or swoon,& said unto the Queen of heaven ; Write unto us the ordeals; write unto us the rituals; write unto us the law !

InvisibleZen Peddler
Male User Gallery

Re: if the veil breaks this does mean that there ready 2 harvest [Re: tripndicular]
    #1959394 - 09/28/03 12:35 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

mmm...maybe - and your spore point was something i overlooked. Each to there own - i just like the way they look at full maturity. Thats when you notice the differences between strains, so maybe my opinion is biased.

--------------------

Invisibletripndicular

Re: if the veil breaks this does mean that there ready 2 harvest [Re: Zen Peddler]
    #1959408 - 09/28/03 12:41 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

I agree with you there ... a fully mature , fully opend cap is a beautiful sight to see , but one must weigh the consequences of each choice for their own needs .

--------------------

Offlineshirley knott
not my real name
 User Gallery
Loc: London Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #1959595 - 09/28/03 02:08 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

this is one that has always interested me.

>Stametes says this himself ...spores that land on the substrate can and will inhibit future growth of next flushes .

where is this from?

--------------------
buh

Invisibletripndicular

Re: if the veil breaks this does mean that there ready 2 harvest [Re: shirley knott]
    #1960667 - 09/28/03 08:51 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

It has been awhile since I have read my bible , I will find it soon and post the page etc here , keep your eyes open .  :wink: 

--------------------

Invisibletripndicular

Re: if the veil breaks this does mean that there ready 2 harvest [Re: shirley knott]
    #1960705 - 09/28/03 09:00 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Found it ..........
Page 155 , under topic titled "HARVESTING" in the last couple of lines of the second paragraph .....
"One particular problem is the massive release of spores from the mature mushrooms. These spores often times cover the casing layer and can inhibit further pinhead development ." High spore loads can also cause allergic reactions to growers . For these reasons , one should pick mushrooms at the stage when the veil starts to tear open , or soon after .
So like I said ,,, "Unless wanting prints , you should pick sooner than later .

--------------------

InvisibleZen Peddler
Male User Gallery

#1961262 - 09/28/03 11:48 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

yeah and its quite true - inlike other thjings that stamets has published...

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Paul Stamets

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation