Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   North Spore Bulk Substrate, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Re: Hypocrisy and Shroomydan [Re: Burke Dennings]
    #4182556 -

I think it was overkill, instead of the 1 ratings it would have been better to direct OTDers into a thread here in WA&F instead to let the admins know everyones displeasure.

It was one incident in a situation that was for many very offensive, and to go on a witch hunt over it was a bit much. I mean the guy made a mistake, but who the hell is perfect?

He was one of our best Mushroom Hunting mods and valuable to all those in that hobby, now we've lost him I fear for good.

If all it takes is one mistake to flip out and attack a mod, then who in their right mind will ever want the job.

I say it was massive overkill with the 1 ratings, the smarter thing would have been a post here where people could vent out their frustrations.. The only people I think that had a right to give him those 1 ratings were the people affected by his actions, namely those in S&P who were involved in the debate. Not completely unrelated users who are rating him for the sake of being told to do so in OTD.

Edited by Thor (05/16/05 08:14 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hypocrisy and Shroomydan [Re: Thor]
    #4182662 -

In this thread posted 5 days ago http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/4158117/page/0/fpart/1/vc/1

I brought up a concern regarding Dan's actions. I was concerned that he may be using his Mod priviledges inappropriately which may lead to alienating the users of this site, I suggested that he be coached. The Administration supported his actions and I was told by another Mod that I was making a big deal and should leave things alone (even though this Mod persitantly posted regarding the topic).

I think this event could have been avoided if the Admin had recognized my concern and more appropriately addressed it.

Joshua


--------------------
The Shroomery Bookstore

Great books for inquiring minds!

"Life After Death is Saprophytic!"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hypocrisy and Shroomydan [Re: Joshua]
    #4182816 -

Joshua can you please stick to the other thread.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hypocrisy and Shroomydan [Re: Thor]
    #4183769 -

disgusting. shroomydan contributes way more to this community than anyone from OTD.


--------------------
Use the Fucking Reply To Feature You Lazy Pieces of Shit!

afoaf said:
Jim, if you were in my city, I would let you fuck my wife.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hypocrisy and Shroomydan [Re: Jim]
    #4183853 -

I agree. I definitely wouldn't want him to step down, only to keep under control.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hypocrisy and Shroomydan *DELETED* [Re: Redstorm]
    #4184224 -

Post deleted by Diver

Reason for deletion: N/A



--------------------
To find a place to live between the negatives and positives.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hypocrisy and Shroomydan [Re: Holydiver]
    #4184240 -

I believe Shroomydan is still capable of contributing whether he is a moderator or not.


--------------------
Prisoner#1:  Hanky doesn't send PMs to retards

UncleLuke:  That's not true.  Hanky has sent me a total of 3 PMs.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hypocrisy and Shroomydan [Re: Holydiver]
    #4184347 -

Bah, I was calling out his nonsense when it needed to be called out. This thread was completely serious, and never was it "ridiculous". Get off your high horse.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hypocrisy and Shroomydan [Re: Holydiver]
    #4184355 -

Btw, this thread had nothing to do with maturity. It had to do with following the rules which apply to every member of this board. You don't know me or the situation which led up to this, so read up a bit before you try to attack me.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hypocrisy and Shroomydan [Re: Redstorm]
    #4185564 -

Retracted my original comments, I don't know enough about this whole story to justify commenting. However, this recent bashing of Shroomydan is definitely way out of proportion.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hypocrisy and Shroomydan [Re: Holydiver]
    #4185694 -

Not really. My thread was narrowly tailored to address a hypocritical action that was undertaken on his part. I never attacked his character or his knowledge of mushroom hunting. I just thought that what happened should be brought to the admin's attention.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hypocrisy and Shroomydan [Re: Redstorm]
    #4185774 -

The man knows more than I will ever know about identification.


--------------------
Use the Fucking Reply To Feature You Lazy Pieces of Shit!

afoaf said:
Jim, if you were in my city, I would let you fuck my wife.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hypocrisy and Shroomydan [Re: Redstorm]
    #4187118 -

Redstorm said:
Not really. My thread was narrowly tailored to address a hypocritical action that was undertaken on his part. I never attacked his character or his knowledge of mushroom hunting. I just thought that what happened should be brought to the admin's attention.



You acted appropriately, the people in OTD who linked to his ratings and acted like a lynch mob acted inappropriately.

Edited by Thor (05/17/05 03:54 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hypocrisy and Shroomydan [Re: Thor]
    #4187290 -

Thor said:
Redstorm said:
Not really. My thread was narrowly tailored to address a hypocritical action that was undertaken on his part. I never attacked his character or his knowledge of mushroom hunting. I just thought that what happened should be brought to the admin's attention.



You acted appropriately, the people in OTD who linked to his ratings and acted like a lynch mod acted inappropriately.



Pleade Thor, change "Mod" to "Mob" or Freud will spin in his grave.


--------------------
Fiddlesticks.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hypocrisy and Shroomydan [Re: Redstorm]
    #4281540 -

Hello everyone,

It's good to be back from my self imposed vacation. It was good to be gone for a while too.

For the record I would like to say that there was nothing hypocritical about my actions in the pedophile thread. Heavy handed... yes, hypocritical no.

Like many here, I see the Shroomery as a uniquely valuable resource and inherently good place on the Internet. When I saw that no one else was going to defend our community from the pedophiles, I stepped in to kill the thread and take my lumps. I'd do it again.

Spud was banned because he threatened violence; this is in keeping with the TOS. I never threatened anyone with violence. Though I can understand how some people might have misunderstood my recommendation that pedophiles be placed in "concentration camps", even through I prefaced it by saying that I did not believe in killing anyone, but that something must be done to isolate pedophiles from society. In history there have been both violent and non-violent concentration camps; I was referring to the latter kind. In any event, banning someone for saying that I should be 'shot in the face' is not hypocritical in any way.   

My ratings took a hit from a pack of sad clowns in OTD who don't know me and contribute nothing positive here. This attack was not unexpected, but I do regret some of the uncharitable remarks I made in the retaliatory ratings which I subsequently deleted before going on leave.

Kudos to the Admins for banning Zahudabudda. :thumbup:

Mission accomplished.

I'll see you in the hunting forum. :smile:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hypocrisy and Shroomydan [Re: shroomydan]
    #4281780 -

"Concentration camps" almost always consist of an environment that will lead to death. The labor camps used by Stalin in Siberia were not death camps but millions of people died of exposure, malnourishment, etc.

Same with Auschwitz I. It was not a death camp but many Poles, Jews, and political opponents of the Nazis died there.

If you're going to say something childish, and then continue to back it up, at least know what you're talking about.

P.S.: Ziddy is back.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hypocrisy and Shroomydan [Re: Redstorm]
    #4281790 -

Ziddy lives.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hypocrisy and Shroomydan [Re: shroomydan]
    #4282096 -

Welcome back Dan! :smile:


--------------------
Fiddlesticks.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   North Spore Bulk Substrate, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* My Concentrated View On All Of This
( 1 2 3 4 ... 9 10 all )
fireworks_godS 16,513 190 12/18/04 01:35 PM
by FreakQlibrium
* Absolute hypocrisy regarding the female form
( 1 2 all )
Bobo 3,806 33 07/11/05 07:28 AM
by Thor
* Hanky permabanned? Redstorm 557 6 10/24/05 09:29 PM
by geokills
* Zahbuddha's Ban Ravus 710 2 05/19/05 02:08 AM
by Thor
* Pub Modship
( 1 2 3 all )
Yarry 3,335 43 09/19/05 03:50 PM
by geokills
* Please ban me again... or answer my questions... RoseM 3,073 16 01/18/06 12:38 AM
by geokills
* Clarification on S&M Warnings
( 1 2 3 4 5 all )
Swami 5,099 83 10/24/05 03:22 PM
by geokills
* totally awesome suggestion HELLA_TIGHT 1,044 13 04/04/05 08:27 AM
by CaRnAgECaNdY

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Ythan, Thor, Seuss, geokills
3,182 topic views. 0 members, 0 guests and 0 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.033 seconds spending 0.008 seconds on 17 queries.