Home | Community | Message Board

Myco Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Feedback and Administration >> Website Announcements and Feature Feedback

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleYarry
Old Timer
 User Gallery

Pub Modship
    #4676972 - 09/18/05 10:04 AM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Id just like to say that i think some of the pub mods are gettin out of hand again.

Theres no parity whatsoever in the bans they hand out or their length.

It seems if your a regular pubber then you can get away with murder, and do whatever you want. If your not, you get banned for the slightest thing.

Maybe this is something that can be looked into and the more fanatic mods can be taken down a peg, or jus give em some xannies so they can chill or something?

the pub used to be such an inviting place, now it seems like some exclusive country club of hippies. Members only type deal.

--------------------
Grumpy Old Man.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineOrganic
Lloyd

Loc: Overlook
Re: Pub Modship [Re: Yarry]
    #4676992 - 09/18/05 10:10 AM (11 years, 2 months ago)

I'm a 'regular pubber' and was banned without warning, explanation of why, or an admission by the banning mod, even after a WA&F thread. Some of the mods are just extremely bad at their jobs.

--------------------

InvisibleYarry
Old Timer
 User Gallery

Re: Pub Modship [Re: Organic]
    #4677013 - 09/18/05 10:16 AM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Yea.. i think theres some that need to be taken out of power. and i dont think id like to openly name them in open forums, but im sure the admins have as good an idea as we do

Maybe time for a changing of the guard so to speak?

--------------------
Grumpy Old Man.

InvisibleOneMoreRobot3021
Male

Loc: the sky
    #4677022 - 09/18/05 10:22 AM (11 years, 2 months ago)

All right, I just want to say one thing. Especially because you post a lot in OTD - i think the recent removal of Prisoner #1 as OTD mod has gone to people's heads, thinking that if they :bitch: enough, mods will be removed from power. What you must understand about the Pub right now is that the admins have authorized a heavy hand in there.

I am not encouraging or denouncing any particular banning/action by any particular mod in this post. I am just making a point.

--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

InvisibleYarry
Old Timer
 User Gallery

Re: Pub Modship [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #4677026 - 09/18/05 10:24 AM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Im not even necessarily trying to get them removed, and personally didnt care if priz stayed or went.

Im just tired of all the BS bannings coming my way when i see others getting away with worse.

Its so sporadic right now. Keep the same mods for all i care but for the love of god enforce the rules equally amongst everyone.

And for the record OMR, yer the best pubmod since.. well ever. Rock on macafroni

--------------------
Grumpy Old Man.

Offlinewyldtouch69
You heard ofhell well i wassent from it

#4677027 - 09/18/05 10:25 AM (11 years, 2 months ago)

yeah

check out this post where mattdopez gets simply banned from the pub, while my original account 'stonedshroom' gets PERMABANNED for joking around with a guy!

I have been a shroomery supporter since at least 1998, althought a server crash reset my (stonedshroom's) reg date to 2000, which is still a long ass time.

I have supported the shroomery many times through the vendors, bought several 'supporter accounts' for myself AND other members, I bought a hoodie, the list goes on and on.

and this is the thanks I get? Permabanned for having a personality?

--------------------

Invisiblegoobler
Reanimated
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Pub Modship [Re: wyldtouch69]
    #4677221 - 09/18/05 12:14 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

some people have their own agenda in the pub...its sad to see it goes unrecognized...

well I hope its unrecognized I cant believe the admins would openly support this ego tripping

OfflineOrganic
Lloyd

Loc: Overlook
    #4677279 - 09/18/05 12:45 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

OneMoreRobot3021 said:
i think the recent removal of Prisoner #1 as OTD mod has gone to people's heads, thinking that if they :bitch: enough, mods will be removed from power. What you must understand about the Pub right now is that the admins have authorized a heavy hand in there.

I don't think anyone is thinking along those lines. Some mods just aren't making wise decisions, before and after this "heavy-handed" approach.

--------------------

InvisibleOneMoreRobot3021
Male

Loc: the sky
    #4677313 - 09/18/05 12:54 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

By the way, you made this post because mattzdope said he was banned from the Pub right?

Well..I think he was joking with you.

Because he's not. We talked about it and no one banned him from the Pub, and forum-specific bans don't work on timers and I just checked and he is NOT banned from the Pub.

--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

InvisibleHeavyToilet
The Heaviest OfThem All
Male

Loc: British Columbia
    #4677325 - 09/18/05 12:57 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

I think one of the problems is people take shit wayyy too seriously.

OfflinegeokillsA
∙∙∙∙☼ º¿° ☼∙∙∙∙
Male User Gallery

Loc: city of angels Flag
Re: Pub Modship [Re: wyldtouch69]
    #4677470 - 09/18/05 01:54 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

wyldtouch69 said:
my original account 'stonedshroom' gets PERMABANNED for joking around with a guy!

and this is the thanks I get? Permabanned for having a personality?

Your stonedshroom account received a ONE DAY ban for insult/flames in the Pub. It was perm-banned not because of your Pub action, but because you had two active accounts. As stated in PM, if you would prefer the stonedshroom account, I will switch this one out for you... but the bottom line is we strongly prefer people to use a single account and if we catch you with more than one, the others will be closed without warning.

As for the rest of the users upset with moderation in the Pub - this is not the way to get anything done about it. General disapproval and anger at the moderators will not make any changes. If you truly feel that you have been unjustly treated, you should contact us (using our support form) at the time of your ban to explain exactly why you feel it was not warranted. We will then look into the situation and take action as we deem necessary. But simply calling for the heads of a select few is not going to help your cause.

One should also realize that this heavy-handed moderation is a direct result of a few OTD regulars making it their intention to enter the Pub simply to stir the pot and then go back to OTD to laugh about it. This type of behavior directly undermines the motives for creating the Pub in the first place (which was to have a forum for friendly, civilized, and respectful discussion without the bother of negativity towards one another). If some of our members wouldn't constantly push the buttons of the Pubbers, there wouldn't be a problem. Afterall, that's why we have two off-topic forums, for two different styles of discussion! If people wouldn't play these selfish games, the mod-mood in the Pub would probably lighten up considerably. As it is, we're on the defense to ensure that the Pub maintains a contrast to looseness of OTD.

--------------------

--------------------
··∙   long live the shroomery  ∙··
...π╥ ╥π...

InvisibleBurke Dennings

#4677484 - 09/18/05 02:00 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

One thing I can think of that is further proof of the selectivity of pub mods is the incident involving myself, Learyfan, and HELLA_TIGHT.

When Learyfan accused us of "derailing" his thread, HELLA_TIGHT challenged his accusation, while I chose to apologize.  Regardless, I was banned from the all the forums, whereas HT was only banned from the pub.  Both bannings were a matter of Learyfan's blind love of enforcing his authority, but mine was more severe than HT's (even though my "transgressions" were of a lesser nature) because Learyfan holds a personal grudge against me.

Also, I'd like to point out the futility of this thread.  This issue has been addressed several times to the administration, and the overwhelming response from them has been: "we don't care", and then the thread gets locked.

I know it's because the admins just think of these as threads created by people caught up in the group-think mentality that is so common in OTD, and that it's some kind of game or joke.  But it's really not.

:crankey:

--------------------
This will not go undocumented.

OfflinegeokillsA
∙∙∙∙☼ º¿° ☼∙∙∙∙
Male User Gallery

Re: Pub Modship [Re: Burke Dennings]
    #4677505 - 09/18/05 02:06 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

The bottom line is that you cannot participate in the Pub in the same manner that you participate in OTD. If you can't tone down your behavior (even if it's boring for you), then don't go posting in the Pub and stick with OTD. There are plenty of people that post in both forums without incident - yet it is the minority that is unable to adjust their posting style for the given forums appropriately, and thus get a rougher ride in terms of moderation. You have to understand that we will take your past actions into account when reviewing current situations. Thus, if you are a user that has been banned multiple times in the past, it is more likely that you will get banned for a smaller infraction, than someone who has not had any run-ins with the rules yet, and who may just get a warning for the same behavior.

--------------------

--------------------
...π╥ ╥π...

InvisibleBurke Dennings

Re: Pub Modship [Re: geokills]
    #4677520 - 09/18/05 02:12 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

I participate in the pub just fine; go ahead, ask most any pubber. There's hardly anyone I don't get along with in there, except some of the moderators.

Also, I'd like to point out that the supporter tickets don't always get followed up on. I think I've made 3 in the past, and only recieved a response to one.

--------------------
This will not go undocumented.

Offlinewyldtouch69
You heard ofhell well i wassent from it

#4677530 - 09/18/05 02:18 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

the post I made in the pub was OBVIOUSLY not a post made to "stir the pot"- in fact, it was actually meant to go in the "other Drugs discussion". I mean LOOK at the post, it's asking whether or not xanax would affect a shrooms dose. ODD is RIGHT ABOVE the Pub, and since I have a small moniter my settings are made to kinds squish everything together, plus I was a little altered on xanax and weed. 1/4 inch might as well as been 1/4 centimeter.

Plus the rest of the post I was carrying on normal convo ON TOPIC of the thread. If whoever it was got offed ed they A) should have told me they didn't appreciate it then B) called a psychiatrist for getting their feelings hurt by a little JOKE on the INTERNET.

--------------------

OfflinegeokillsA
∙∙∙∙☼ º¿° ☼∙∙∙∙
Male User Gallery

Re: Pub Modship [Re: Burke Dennings]
    #4677549 - 09/18/05 02:23 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Well if your support tickets aren't going through you can always email my username @ shroomery.org (thor and ythan have email addresses here too). I'm apologize for singling you out, and though most of the time you may participate just fine in the Pub, you have in the past pushed your behavior too far and action has been taken against you for it. Thus it is no suprise that moderators would be swifter to act if you were even the slightest bit out of line, because you should already know better.

wyldtouch69, I'm not sure what your point is. You had two accounts, regardless of which forum your post was supposed to go into. We don't allow multiple accounts since it can contribute to scamming, trolling, abuse of ratings, and general confusion. We do allow secondary accounts for grow-log and cultivation purposes, but you must contact an administrator prior to its use so that we can designate the permissions to the appropriate forums.

--------------------

--------------------
...π╥ ╥π...

InvisibleYarry
Old Timer
 User Gallery

#4678709 - 09/18/05 08:39 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

alright, youve got your ticket. and please dont discount my concern simply because i also post in OTD.

Just because a few guys from there make shit for the mods doesnt mean we all do. And if you look at my pub posts i think the majority are quite articulate and have something to say as compared to my crappy OTD posts.

--------------------
Grumpy Old Man.

OfflineStonedShroom
OG shroomerite
 User Gallery

#4681022 - 09/19/05 07:52 AM (11 years, 2 months ago)

"If you truly feel that you have been unjustly treated, you should contact us (using our support form) at the time of your ban to explain exactly why you feel it was not warranted."

how can we contact you through that channel "at the time of the ban" if 1) we're banned from the website and 2) we can't have two accounts?

--------------------
We are not human beings going through a temporary spiritual experience.

We are spiritual beings going through a temporary human experience.

OfflineStonedShroom
OG shroomerite
 User Gallery

Re: Pub Modship [Re: StonedShroom]
    #4681026 - 09/19/05 07:58 AM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Learyfan said:
I didn't fuck up and her flame was not a joke. The person she flamed hit the "Moderator Notification" button because he took it seriously........banned.

NOT TRUE!!!!

I sent Nashbar a PM apologizing and Nashbar said he didn't hit the notify button!

Learyfan must go.

--------------------
We are not human beings going through a temporary spiritual experience.

We are spiritual beings going through a temporary human experience.

OfflineAnnomM
※※※※※※
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Europe
Re: Pub Modship [Re: StonedShroom]
    #4681033 - 09/19/05 08:11 AM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

StonedShroom said:
"If you truly feel that you have been unjustly treated, you should contact us (using our support form) at the time of your ban to explain exactly why you feel it was not warranted."

how can we contact you through that channel "at the time of the ban" if 1) we're banned from the website and 2) we can't have two accounts?

1) go here http://www.shroomery.org/support/public/ticket_create.php
2) fill in the form.

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Feedback and Administration >> Website Announcements and Feature Feedback