Home | Community | Message Board

PlanetSpores.ca
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]
Hypocrisy and Shroomydan
    #4179200 -

In a thread about Pedophiles in the Philosophy forum, things got pretty out of hand, and the thread eventually became locked. Before this happened, though, there was a mod who was acting unbecoming of his position.

Not only does Shroomydan flame and use insults, he then says an user should be put into a "pedophile concentration camp". Not even 5 minutes later, the member Spud made an equally inflammatory comment with was then met with a ban.

What is the deal? The rules of flaming apply to all members, nt just those without green names. Not only has Spud been banned, but his ban has been extended to 3 days.

Who can explain this nonsense?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hypocrisy and Shroomydan [Re: Redstorm]
    #4179214 -

Not I. I think shrooydan should be permabanned. But he won't, so I'll just strongly suggest he be demodded. Thats abuse of power. Not cool at all.


--------------------



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hypocrisy and Shroomydan [Re: HELLA_TIGHT]
    #4179225 -

HELLA_TIGHT said:
Not I. I think shrooydan should be permabanned. But he won't, so I'll just strongly suggest he be demodded. Thats abuse of power. Not cool at all.




--------------------


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hypocrisy and Shroomydan [Re: MovingTarget]
    #4179424 -

I saw that too. He crossed a line... when nobody else did.

Permabanned? No.

Talked to? Yes.

Shroomydan should abide by the same rules as the rest of us.

Once is a mistake, twice (in the same week) is an abuse of power.

Dan, stop flaming. You don't get to, just because you have a "M" flag by your name.

You are making Mods look like brutes.


--------------------
Fiddlesticks.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hypocrisy and Shroomydan [Re: Rose]
    #4179485 -

:thumbup:

I am honestly suprised. I thought I was going to be chided by another mod or admin. I commend you on speaking the truth, regardless of whether or not it's another mod.

Thanks, I appreciate it.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hypocrisy and Shroomydan [Re: Redstorm]
    #4179795 -

I don't want to comment on this yet because the admins haven't had a chance to discuss it. However I just wanted you to know you should always feel free to express concerns about the actions of any mod or admin. I can't guarantee we'll act on it, but the admins can be somewhat detached from the daily operations of the BB and it's always helpful to know when there's a potential problem which needs our attention. One of the prerequisites for being on staff here is the ability to weather a bit of criticism, so nobody's going to jump down your throat if you have a genuine concern. Anyway thanks for the heads up, we'll investigate.

Peace,

-Y

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hypocrisy and Shroomydan [Re: Redstorm]
    #4179816 -

Dan's a good mod @ the hunting forum, one mistake shouldn't get him booted.

But mods really should know not to act like this...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hypocrisy and Shroomydan [Re: Rose]
    #4179821 -

Cervantes said:
I saw that too. He crossed a line... when nobody else did.

Permabanned? No.

Talked to? Yes.

Shroomydan should abide by the same rules as the rest of us.

Once is a mistake, twice (in the same week) is an abuse of power.

Dan, stop flaming. You don't get to, just because you have a "M" flag by your name.

You are making Mods look like brutes.



why is it that you are invovled in every mod thing ...in a big way??? you are an admin puppet?? or just a guy who seeks out mod drama

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hypocrisy and Shroomydan [Re: KingOftheThing]
    #4179829 -

Hmm, good observation kott.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hypocrisy and Shroomydan [Re: KingOftheThing]
    #4179841 -

Hey, cut that out. He's actually being helpful here.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hypocrisy and Shroomydan [Re: Ythan]
    #4179850 -

Ythan,

Thanks for your post. Sometimes when I feel like posting criticism of a certain action or member, I feel like I'll be met with hostile opposition. It helps knowing that the admin and mods are willing to see both sides of the playing field without prejudice.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hypocrisy and Shroomydan [Re: KingOftheThing]
    #4179879 -

KingOftheThing said:
Cervantes said:
I saw that too. He crossed a line... when nobody else did.

Permabanned? No.

Talked to? Yes.

Shroomydan should abide by the same rules as the rest of us.

Once is a mistake, twice (in the same week) is an abuse of power.

Dan, stop flaming. You don't get to, just because you have a "M" flag by your name.

You are making Mods look like brutes.



why is it that you are invovled in every mod thing ...in a big way??? you are an admin puppet?? or just a guy who seeks out mod drama



Wrong... K, you're the one who stirs up the drama. The search function will quickly confirm this.

I spend my time doing what I can to quell drama.

Besides, IMO this thread needed a Mods perspective.

I tell you what I CAN, from what I see in the Mod Forum... w/o loosing my Modship. Sometimes, that means I poke my head in, when you might not expect it. When I do this, I don't tell lies. Once you see that, you might actually appreciate it.

You're welcome. :smile:

You can rest assured, the Admins are sometimes as annoyed by my behavior, as you are. :wink:


--------------------
Fiddlesticks.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hypocrisy and Shroomydan [Re: Adden]
    #4180188 -

s2dope said:
Dan's a good mod @ the hunting forum, one mistake shouldn't get him booted.

But mods really should know not to act like this...



I agree. I also understand he did make a mistake, but to remove his modship solely over once mistake during a heated pedophilia thread IMO is over the top.

Spud was unbanned, Shroomydan will be spoken to about this and then the admins will make a decision if any further action is required.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hypocrisy and Shroomydan [Re: Thor]
    #4180313 -

Yeah, I wouldn't want him demodded. He does a hell of a job in the hunting forum, and he is am asset to the site.

As long as it doesn't happen again, I see no problem with letting him stay on board.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hypocrisy and Shroomydan [Re: Redstorm]
    #4180702 -

Redstorm said:
Yeah, I wouldn't want him demodded. He does a hell of a job in the hunting forum, and he is am asset to the site.

As long as it doesn't happen again, I see no problem with letting him stay on board.



He's stepped down unfortunately, sad to see him go, he's a heck of a mod in the hunting forum.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hypocrisy and Shroomydan [Re: Redstorm]
    #4181149 -

well, IMHO he didn't have 2 mistakes, I think dan handled the situation correctly regarding the other issue brought up earlier in the week.

however, in this situation, his emotions led him to uncalled for actions.

maybe mods should only have the power to ban someone in the forum they are in charge of?

sad to see you go in hunting dan, I hope you consider coming back


--------------------
"Love says 'I am everything.' Wisdom says 'I am nothing.' Between the two, my life flows."


Puget Sound Mycological Society

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hypocrisy and Shroomydan [Re: Psilygirl]
    #4181168 -

Mods sorta' need to be able to ban site wide Psily, but I understand your concern.

In general, a Mod only bans people in their forum... but we can ban site-wide, in case of emergency (like someone flooding a forum with bullshit spam... or Doser... or various unimaginable events...). In these cases, it is just (p)sil(l)y to wait for a Forum Mod or Admin to take action, when any literate Mod could do the right thing with a click of the mouse.

In fact, this is the only case of ban abuse, crossing outside a Mod's personal forum, that I can think of.

Historically, controversial bans come from actual Forum Mods. :tongue:

Aside from that, we agree.

IMO, a Mod should not make judgment calls in a Forum they do not Moderate, unless every other option has been exhausted (Pming the Forum Mods and/or Admins, and issuing warnings).

Sometimes, certain forums are under-moderated for a few days at a time... like during holidays, or Summer when several Mods go on vacation at the same time. In those cases, another Mod just might step in and help out in the forums they don't actually Moderate. When they do, since they don't actually Moderate that Forum, they can't lock or move threads, so banning is the only option available.

As for Dan,

I think he took Spud's threat seriously... and he thought threatened violence constituted an instant ban. The Admins take threats of violence very seriously, and Dan knows this. Heh, I bet Spud does too, now.

However, aside from Spud's one veiled threat, Dan was about the only one talking shit in that thread. A little ironic... ok, a lot ironic... and unfair.

Now, for all of you pack animals who teamed up against Dan,

I imagine OTD's childish flock of 1 Shroom ratings made Dan a bit edgier than usual... and probably helped him decide to step down. He'd just been under the microscope for a locked thread in the Hunting Forum and now THIS! Anyone who has read Dan's past posts, know Dan is a good guy, who cares a great deal more than most of us, about the safety of this community.

Dan was defending BOYS from being BUTT-RAPED when this all went down! I imagine he thought it was pretty fucked up getting a spanking from the Admins because of his ANTI-boy/love stance. He saw the ratings, then listened to the Admins, did his own math, and stepped down in disgust.

Hell, I've made bigger Mod mistakes than Dan's recent boners... we all have bad weeks from time to time.

That OTD pack attak wasn't exactly helpful. You guys need to trust Ythan, when he says he WILL look into something. Remember, Ythan stepped down (for a bit) so you all can post scat (for only $5 a month)!

Now that you all got what you wanted, you really should consider deleting Dan's bogus 1 Shroom ratings.

We lost a pretty fucking good Mod, so we can all now talk about man/boy love in S&P. Woo Hoo.


--------------------
Fiddlesticks.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hypocrisy and Shroomydan [Re: Rose]
    #4181478 -

I think a lot of otders might still be angry by other recent bannings, which might have had something to do with the large reaction against shroomydans ban of spud.


Just my two pence :tongue:


--------------------


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hypocrisy and Shroomydan [Re: Rose]
    #4181483 -

:thumbup:


--------------------
"Love says 'I am everything.' Wisdom says 'I am nothing.' Between the two, my life flows."


Puget Sound Mycological Society

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hypocrisy and Shroomydan [Re: Rose]
    #4182341 -

Cervantes said:
Now that you all got what you wanted, you really should consider deleting Dan's bogus 1 Shroom ratings.






So, people are supposed to change their opinions of this guy because he did the right thing (for once), and resigned from being a mod?

I think those ratings should stand as a reminder to mods that abuse of power will not be tolerated by us non-mods.

I would've rated Dan a one myself, but I hate jumping on OTD bandwagons.  However, he deserves as many as he gets.

I'm really glad this incident played out like it did.  This has been interesting. :thumbup:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* My Concentrated View On All Of This
( 1 2 3 4 ... 9 10 all )
fireworks_godS 16,514 190 12/18/04 01:35 PM
by FreakQlibrium
* Absolute hypocrisy regarding the female form
( 1 2 all )
Bobo 3,806 33 07/11/05 07:28 AM
by Thor
* Hanky permabanned? Redstorm 557 6 10/24/05 09:29 PM
by geokills
* Zahbuddha's Ban Ravus 710 2 05/19/05 02:08 AM
by Thor
* Pub Modship
( 1 2 3 all )
Yarry 3,335 43 09/19/05 03:50 PM
by geokills
* Please ban me again... or answer my questions... RoseM 3,073 16 01/18/06 12:38 AM
by geokills
* Clarification on S&M Warnings
( 1 2 3 4 5 all )
Swami 5,099 83 10/24/05 03:22 PM
by geokills
* totally awesome suggestion HELLA_TIGHT 1,044 13 04/04/05 08:27 AM
by CaRnAgECaNdY

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Ythan, Thor, Seuss, geokills
3,182 topic views. 0 members, 0 guests and 1 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.04 seconds spending 0.008 seconds on 19 queries.