Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 |  [ show all ]
Re: hey look local news catches UFO on camera [Re: KingOftheThing]
    #4263224 -

I find it interesting that many UFO sightings occur in Mexico, but almost no Mexicans have reported being abducted. Perhaps this is because they do not share this cultural myth with us. Or maybe aliens just abduct people north of the border.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: hey look local news catches UFO on camera [Re: Silversoul]
    #4263340 -

Aliens only abduct aliens with Green cards.  :cthulhu:


--------------------
Republican Values:

1) You can't get married to your spouse who is the same sex as you.
2) You can't have an abortion no matter how much you don't want a child.
3) You can't have a certain plant in your possession or you'll get locked up with a rapist and a murderer.

4) We need a smaller, less-intrusive government.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: hey look local news catches UFO on camera [Re: OldWoodSpecter]
    #4263361 -

If I had an UFO in my back yard, and a bunch of aliens standing around it, and invited all the shroomery to come and see, everyone would come and look at me saying: are you insane?

No Woody, you're not getting it.

If you had an alien in your back yard, everyone, their mother, and the new pope would believe. The problem is that you don't have an alien in your back yard. All you have are fuzzy pictures that could be anything at all, and to compound this, lots of known, admitted hoaxes look exactly like your pictures.

Yes, your pics could be aliens, but they could also be balloons, or birds, or home-built experimental airplanes, or blimps, or a million other things in addition to aliens. That's why they're not acceptable evidence of anything at all; not aliens, not balloons, not blimps, not anything. They are fuzzy dots on photographs. Nothing more.

Let me say this again since the pro-UFO people never seem to read it. No skeptic says there are no such things as aliens or alien visitation. All skeptics agree that the likelihood of life elsewhere in the universe is a virtual certainty, but all skeptics also say that there is no evidence (fuzzy pics that could be anything don't count as evidence) that they are visiting the Earth.

Produce a piece of flesh without DNA or a piece of metal more advanced than anything in our technology and THEN the skeptics will sit up and pay attention.

Get it?


--------------------
Republican Values:

1) You can't get married to your spouse who is the same sex as you.
2) You can't have an abortion no matter how much you don't want a child.
3) You can't have a certain plant in your possession or you'll get locked up with a rapist and a murderer.

4) We need a smaller, less-intrusive government.

Edited by Diploid (06/06/05 02:59 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: hey look local news catches UFO on camera [Re: Diploid]
    #4263457 -

I'd really bet my dollars that a lot of people wouldn't still believe, maybe you would, don't know, but I am sure a lot would consider me crazy


--------------------
I descend upon your earth from the skies
I command your very souls you unbelievers
Bring before me what is mine

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: hey look local news catches UFO on camera [Re: Silversoul]
    #4263491 -

Paradigm said:
I find it interesting that many UFO sightings occur in Mexico, but almost no Mexicans have reported being abducted. Perhaps this is because they do not share this cultural myth with us. Or maybe aliens just abduct people north of the border.



Croatia is faaaar away from US and there have been a lot of sightings here, and some obducted people too.

In fact UFO phenomenon is real enough in Croatia that quite a few people here are studying it as a serious mistery.

Of course that doesn't say anything about aliens, but it does say that UFO phenomenon, whatever it is is a global phenomenon.


--------------------
I descend upon your earth from the skies
I command your very souls you unbelievers
Bring before me what is mine

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: hey look local news catches UFO on camera [Re: Diploid]
    #4263503 -

"Let me say this again since the pro-UFO people never seem to read it. No skeptic says there are no such things as aliens or alien visitation. All skeptics agree that the likelihood of life elsewhere in the universe is a virtual certainty, but all skeptics also say that there is no evidence (fuzzy pics that could be anything don't count as evidence) that they are visiting the Earth."

This is how it is SUPOSE to be, but I don't see that in reality.

What I see is a bunch of people that have already decided the answer, and are not even waiting for evidence nor asking for it honestly becuase they "know" that nobody can ever give it to them


--------------------
I descend upon your earth from the skies
I command your very souls you unbelievers
Bring before me what is mine

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: hey look local news catches UFO on camera [Re: OldWoodSpecter]
    #4264157 -

I would think highly-advanced alien life would not need to travel through conventional space to contact us.... I'm convinced that they would contact us through our bodies.


--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: hey look local news catches UFO on camera [Re: Strumpling]
    #4264173 -

Well what do you know about their level of advancement?

and even if they are, perhapse that is why they toled us to pray to them , because they always hear us :wink:


--------------------
I descend upon your earth from the skies
I command your very souls you unbelievers
Bring before me what is mine

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: hey look local news catches UFO on camera [Re: OldWoodSpecter]
    #4264177 -

OldWoodSpecter said:
This is how it is SUPOSE to be, but I don't see that in reality.




Look at the hippo, that's how it is.


--------------------
Money doesn't grow on trees, but deficits do grow under Bushes.

You can accept, reject, or examine and test any new idea that comes to you. The wise man chooses the third way.
- Tom Willhite

Disclaimer: I reserve the right to change my opinions should I become aware of additional facts, the falsification of information or different perspectives. Articles written by others which I post may not necessarily reflect my opinions in part or in whole, my opinions may be in direct opposition, the topic may be one on which I have yet to formulate an opinion or have doubts about, an article may be posted solely with the intent to stimulate discussion or contemplation.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: hey look local news catches UFO on camera [Re: OldWoodSpecter]
    #4264180 -

They told us to pray to them? Eh?


--------------------
Republican Values:

1) You can't get married to your spouse who is the same sex as you.
2) You can't have an abortion no matter how much you don't want a child.
3) You can't have a certain plant in your possession or you'll get locked up with a rapist and a murderer.

4) We need a smaller, less-intrusive government.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: hey look local news catches UFO on camera [Re: Diploid]
    #4264195 -

"Pray in your families unto the Father, always in my name, that your wives and your children may be blessed"


--------------------
I descend upon your earth from the skies
I command your very souls you unbelievers
Bring before me what is mine

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: hey look local news catches UFO on camera [Re: OldWoodSpecter]
    #4264199 -

Where's the alien part? I don't get it.  :confused:


--------------------
Republican Values:

1) You can't get married to your spouse who is the same sex as you.
2) You can't have an abortion no matter how much you don't want a child.
3) You can't have a certain plant in your possession or you'll get locked up with a rapist and a murderer.

4) We need a smaller, less-intrusive government.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: hey look local news catches UFO on camera [Re: Diploid]
    #4264212 -

It's in his avatar.


--------------------
Money doesn't grow on trees, but deficits do grow under Bushes.

You can accept, reject, or examine and test any new idea that comes to you. The wise man chooses the third way.
- Tom Willhite

Disclaimer: I reserve the right to change my opinions should I become aware of additional facts, the falsification of information or different perspectives. Articles written by others which I post may not necessarily reflect my opinions in part or in whole, my opinions may be in direct opposition, the topic may be one on which I have yet to formulate an opinion or have doubts about, an article may be posted solely with the intent to stimulate discussion or contemplation.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: hey look local news catches UFO on camera [Re: Diploid]
    #4264215 -

well since I don't really buy all the mystical stuff in word religions, with the assumption that aliens and UFO's do exist, I draw a logical conclusion that they are behind all our mysticism and religion in history. The technology is mistaken for magic and miracles, and beings of blood and flesh are mistakened for angels and gods.

Now the problem with this is that the assumption about existence of aliens is not proven, so the whole thing pretty much stands on weak foundations


--------------------
I descend upon your earth from the skies
I command your very souls you unbelievers
Bring before me what is mine

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: hey look local news catches UFO on camera [Re: Prosgeopax]
    #4264218 -

Prosgeopax said:
It's in his avatar.





thanks for clearing that up


--------------------
I descend upon your earth from the skies
I command your very souls you unbelievers
Bring before me what is mine

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: hey look local news catches UFO on camera [Re: OldWoodSpecter]
    #4264231 -

well since I don't really buy all the mystical stuff in word religions, with the assumption that aliens and UFO's do exist, I draw a logical conclusion that they are behind all our mysticism and religion in history.

Alright, let's look at this idea logically.

Why would aliens so forward as to have been behind all our mysticism and religion suddenly be so bashful today that they won't just land on the White House lawn (or the Kremlin, or wherever) and say 'Hello'?

If they have some odd reason to stay hidden, then why, with the technology to travel faster than light, do they keep accidentally getting caught on film?

Can't you see the glaring non-sequitur? :confused:


--------------------
Republican Values:

1) You can't get married to your spouse who is the same sex as you.
2) You can't have an abortion no matter how much you don't want a child.
3) You can't have a certain plant in your possession or you'll get locked up with a rapist and a murderer.

4) We need a smaller, less-intrusive government.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: hey look local news catches UFO on camera [Re: Prosgeopax]
    #4264236 -

*Swami looks at the Hippo*

C-A-N'T look away. Your M-Rays are more powerful than mine. Don't look, people! It is a trick!  :eek:


--------------------



The proof is in the pudding.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: hey look local news catches UFO on camera [Re: Diploid]
    #4264272 -

Everything that I'm going to say here is withing this theory, so don't take it as preaching, just an explanation of the theory:

I'm not suggesting they used to visit on a daily basis and that everyone knew them.

For example (within this theory), while Hebrews had regular contacts with them in the desert (and some kind of a pact as the Bible suggests) Romans were not so formiliar with them, their culture was was less influenced by such "honest" mysticism. They did have tradition and gods at first, but they didn't take it so seriously as christians and hebrews did

They could be just checking up on as every once in a while since they are our "Father" as the genesis describes, we are made on their image, which would fit very well with all the drawings about these visitors (they look humanoid like us)

In time of Jesus, or aincient India, there were believers and non believers, some of them claimed to be prophets and claimed to have contact with angels and gods

That situation is not very different from today, majority of people laugh at the idea of little grey men, and some claim to be their prophets, like the man in the news that we have discussed here

Why would they not contact us?
Well if we are to assume that all religious stories are in fact contacts with this alien race, then they did contact us many times, and did spread the word.
Why not now? Well I can only begin to imagine what would happen if one of those ships got over whitehouse, a mass chaos


--------------------
I descend upon your earth from the skies
I command your very souls you unbelievers
Bring before me what is mine

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: hey look local news catches UFO on camera [Re: Diploid]
    #4264289 -

oh and one more thing, as the aincient aborigins believed that there is a sacred bond between mars and earth, and as mars has always been a part of many mystical traditions, it is possible that those beings come from there, since as our current scientics say, mars could have been just like earth 10 000 years ago before it got bombraded with meteros.

So in time of Jehowah, Jews and the old testament, they could have been perhapse little more advanced then we are now

Today we can manipulate genes, and in theory can make new breeds, and we can in theory travel as far as Mars

so most of the miracles described in the old testament could be possible reached with out current technology only on a larger scale


--------------------
I descend upon your earth from the skies
I command your very souls you unbelievers
Bring before me what is mine

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: hey look local news catches UFO on camera [Re: OldWoodSpecter]
    #4264307 -

which would fit very well with all the drawings about these visitors (they look humanoid like us)

What drawings? Be specific so I can follow up.

Well I can only begin to imagine what would happen if one of those ships got over whitehouse, a mass chaos

Oh c'mon. Give people a little credit. Most of the world, and certainly Americans, are so desensitized to the idea of extraterrestrial life (ET, Star Trek, Star Wars, Farscape, etc.) that while it would be headline news for months, an alien craft landing on the White House lawn would not cause any mass chaos.

Do yourself a favor: rent a copy of the movie Contact. It's the film adaptation of Cal Sagan's wonderful fictional novel about Earth's first contact with an extraterrestrial intelligence. It very realistically, and humorously, portrays how people will very likely react and raises some interesting philosophical questions. :mushroom2:

Check it out: http://www.netflix.com/MovieDisplay?movieid=1171788&trkid=181026


--------------------
Republican Values:

1) You can't get married to your spouse who is the same sex as you.
2) You can't have an abortion no matter how much you don't want a child.
3) You can't have a certain plant in your possession or you'll get locked up with a rapist and a murderer.

4) We need a smaller, less-intrusive government.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 |  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Russian Cosmonauts and Generals Confirm.. UFOs Anonymous 933 2 04/02/02 03:08 PM
by In(di)go
* Evidence of UFO's V2
( 1 2 3 4 5 all )
Ego Death 8,411 95 02/27/04 07:00 PM
by Atomisk
* New topic. There is no jesus!
( 1 2 3 all )
Fliquid 5,802 41 09/30/02 05:39 PM
by Cheeba
* Police helicopter chased by UFO in Kentucky
( 1 2 3 all )
Jellric 6,495 44 02/26/05 11:23 AM
by NewAgeDiciple
* Clinton aide slams Pentagon's UFO secrecy mantis 1,297 16 12/31/03 11:54 PM
by timetravel
* Video:UFO's making crop circles Anonymous 1,023 9 01/23/03 07:17 PM
by TeKHeAD009
* UFOs and Scientific Research
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 all )
Swami 13,669 116 11/11/02 09:58 AM
by Xlea321
* UFO identification Jellric 1,126 17 08/11/04 11:43 PM
by Jellric

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Middleman, DividedQuantum
3,384 topic views. 0 members, 2 guests and 42 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.03 seconds spending 0.009 seconds on 18 queries.