Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store - Cannabis Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> The Pub

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
9 year old girl stabs her friend to death - disturbing tale.
    #4244271 - 06/01/05 03:21 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Here is the link

By Charisse Jones, USA TODAY
Wed Jun 1, 6:33 AM ET

Rosalind Marshall sat Tuesday in front of the apartment building where police say one little girl killed another, and mourned for both children.

"I feel for both families," she said. "But I know the girl that did it. I know her mother is hurting. She probably doesn't know what to do."

In a case involving one of the youngest suspects ever accused of such a crime, a 9-year-old girl allegedly stabbed to death her 11-year-old friend, Queen Washington, on Memorial Day as the two fought over a ball at the younger child's apartment.

The younger girl, a fourth-grader, was arrested on a charge of manslaughter. USA TODAY is withholding her name because she is a juvenile.

A hearing in Brooklyn Family Court on Tuesday will continue Thursday. The girl would not go home with her family but would be housed "in a non-secure facility" such as a group home, said Kate O'Brien Ahlers, spokeswoman for the New York City Law Department, which oversees family court. She was charged in family court because she is younger than 14.

She "certainly is among the youngest" suspects in an incident in which "someone tragically was killed," Ahlers said.

Queen's grieving family members told reporters outside her home Monday that the fifth-grader was a straight-A student who loved books, dancing and playing double Dutch jump rope. She was the "star of the family," said her grandfather, Earl Washington. "She was going places."

The tragedy was on the lips of many in East New York and Bedford-Stuyvesant, the rough-edged Brooklyn neighborhoods where the girls lived.

Marshall, a neighbor of the younger child's family, said the girls' mothers were close and that Queen visited often. "She used to be over here all the time playing," she said, adding that the younger child's mother was very attentive to her daughter and two sons.

"I always see her take them to school," she said. "She takes them out places when there are things in the community."

On Monday, the suspect's mother left the children alone for about five minutes, according to Marshall. But in those minutes, Queen was stabbed. She was pronounced dead on arrival at a local hospital.

Near the entrance to the six-story brick building where Queen lived, candles flickered beneath a cardboard sign bearing her picture and words of remembrance.

Neshaya Fentress, one of Queen's friends and neighbors, wrote, "RIP, Queenie forever, love your best friend, Neshaya" on a wall near her apartment's elevator.

Shaquille Brown, 9, who lives one floor below the dead girl's apartment, placed a red, heart-shaped pillow inscribed "I love you" at the makeshift shrine. "She was my best friend," said Shaquille, who remembered her neighbor as a sweet girl and a fun playmate. "She would go with us to Chinese buffet and to watch movies."

At P.S. 306, where the fourth-grader went to school, 10-year-old Malik Norwod said he once tried to stop her from fighting. "She transferred to our class in the middle of last year," he said.

Whatever led to the tragedy, some neighbors emphasized that the accused, like the victim, was only a child.

"I'm pretty sure the little 9-year-old didn't know she was killing her," said Robbin Zeigler, who lived near Washington's family. "All I know is what happened was horrible."

In 2001, Lionel Tate, then 14, became the youngest person in modern U.S. history to be sentenced to life in prison, after being convicted of killing 6-year-old Tiffany Eunick in Florida. He was 12 at the time of the killing in 1999.

He won a new trial and went free in January 2004 under a deal that placed him under house arrest for a year, followed by probation for 10 years. Now 18, he was arrested May 23 on charges of holding up a pizza deliveryman at gunpoint.

Edited by EllemyshShade (06/01/05 08:06 PM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension
Re: 9 year old girl stabs her friend to death - disturbing tale. [Re: MOTH]
    #4244280 - 06/01/05 03:24 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

That is some crazy shit.

--------------------

InvisibleDNKYD
Turtle!

#4244286 - 06/01/05 03:25 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

That little bitch will be messed up for the rest of her life. Hopefully that won't be too long.

InvisibleHELLA_TIGHT
Madge the Smoking Vag
Female User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Afghanistan Flag
Re: 9 year old girl stabs her friend to death - disturbing tale. [Re: Shroomism]
    #4244321 - 06/01/05 03:38 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Shroomism said:
That is some crazy shit.

not as crazy as that kid that had the xanga journal!

--------------------

InvisibleOneMoreRobot3021
Male

Loc: the sky
Re: 9 year old girl stabs her friend to death - disturbing tale. [Re: HELLA_TIGHT]
    #4244344 - 06/01/05 03:49 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

? Do tell.

--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Invisiblethegatewaydrug
my burning sunwill some dayrise

Loc: wherever i may roam
    #4244357 - 06/01/05 03:52 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

that sucks, think of wut the parents are going through right now

--------------------
May God have mercy upon my enemies, because i won't.

General George S. Patton
:paranoid:

InvisibleEgo Death
Justadropofwaterinanendlesssea
 User Gallery

Loc: The War Machine
    #4244374 - 06/01/05 03:55 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Absolutely no explaination from the child as to why?

--------------------

InvisibleHELLA_TIGHT
Madge the Smoking Vag
Female User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Re: 9 year old girl stabs her friend to death - disturbing tale. [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #4244392 - 06/01/05 04:02 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

OneMoreRobot3021 said:
? Do tell.

hold on... i'll bump the thread.

--------------------

InvisibleTHE KRAT BARON
one-eyed willie
 User Gallery
Re: 9 year old girl stabs her friend to death - disturbing tale. [Re: Ego Death]
    #4244423 - 06/01/05 04:16 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

danoEoboy said:

Am wondering the same thing.. The article doesnt even say whether or not she is showing any remorse. Another sick twisted event in our great US of A. :nonono:

--------------------
m00nshine is currently vacationing in Maui. Rumor has it he got rolled by drunken natives and is currently prostituting himself in order to pay for airfare back to the mainland but he's having trouble juggling a hairon addiction. He won't be back for a long while.

InvisibleDelyrium
lemonadeh.o.n.e.y.

Loc: vermont
Re: 9 year old girl stabs her friend to death - disturbing tale. [Re: THE KRAT BARON]
    #4244652 - 06/01/05 05:19 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

i lived in Bed-Sty, Brooklyn. it's a HORRIBLE area. the worst really - cars on fire at night, breakins, shootings, it's all very very normal. this is the shit u see every day - so im sure the little girl wasn't thinking what she did was any different from what always happens. it's creepy.

im so glad i left that place... it sucked.

--------------------
Fuck Ted Nugent he?s a fucking jerk
I wish that he?d be gone
Chauvanistic republican
Kills animals cause he
Forgot how to write a song

InvisibleInsatiableThirst
for knowledge.
Female

Loc: In my head but out of my ...
Re: 9 year old girl stabs her friend to death - disturbing tale. [Re: Ego Death]
    #4245287 - 06/01/05 07:46 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

danoEoboy said:

It says she did it because they were fighting over a ball. Sad.

--------------------

Sometimes we let the preoccupations of this cruel world get the best of us and we lose track of the things that really matter.

If you don't risk anything, you risk even more.

InvisibleTHE KRAT BARON
one-eyed willie
 User Gallery
Re: 9 year old girl stabs her friend to death - disturbing tale. [Re: InsatiableThirst]
    #4245309 - 06/01/05 07:52 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Do you know if she is remorseful or not? Any new news on this?

--------------------
m00nshine is currently vacationing in Maui. Rumor has it he got rolled by drunken natives and is currently prostituting himself in order to pay for airfare back to the mainland but he's having trouble juggling a hairon addiction. He won't be back for a long while.

Offlinefaslimy
Dead Man
 User Gallery
Re: 9 year old girl stabs her friend to death - disturbing tale. [Re: THE KRAT BARON]
    #4245312 - 06/01/05 07:54 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

that'l teach her not to hog the ball..

Edited by faslimy (06/01/05 07:54 PM)

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
    #4245313 - 06/01/05 07:54 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

I think it said that they are reluctant on releasing any information about her at all because of her age and the upcoming legal stuff.

InvisibleTHE KRAT BARON
one-eyed willie
 User Gallery
    #4245326 - 06/01/05 07:57 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Yeah that makes since.. I just hope that she is remorseful and understands what she did is VERY wrong actually one of the worst things you could ever do.

--------------------

InvisibleInsatiableThirst
for knowledge.
Female

Loc: In my head but out of my ...
    #4245350 - 06/01/05 08:04 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

I don't know if she's capable of understanding what she did to the full extent. There's a good chance she may even block it out subconsciously so she doesn't have to face the reality of it. Who knows. That's really sad tho, both the one that died and the one that killed her.

--------------------

Sometimes we let the preoccupations of this cruel world get the best of us and we lose track of the things that really matter.

If you don't risk anything, you risk even more.

InvisibleTHE KRAT BARON
one-eyed willie
 User Gallery
Re: 9 year old girl stabs her friend to death - disturbing tale. [Re: InsatiableThirst]
    #4245389 - 06/01/05 08:14 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Yes it is a very fucked situation. :sad:

--------------------

InvisibleHELLA_TIGHT
Madge the Smoking Vag
Female User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
    #4245408 - 06/01/05 08:20 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

:shrug:

--------------------

InvisibleRavus
Not an EggshellWalker
 User Gallery

Loc: Cave of the Patriarchs
    #4245486 - 06/01/05 08:42 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

mattzdope said:
Yeah that makes since.. I just hope that she is remorseful and understands what she did is VERY wrong actually one of the worst things you could ever do.

Why is it wrong? If she lived outside of human civilization, she'd probably have seen or maybe even participated quite a few deaths.

--------------------
So long as you are praised think only that you are not yet on your own path but on that of another.

InvisibleHELLA_TIGHT
Madge the Smoking Vag
Female User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Re: 9 year old girl stabs her friend to death - disturbing tale. [Re: Ravus]
    #4245515 - 06/01/05 08:48 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

:lol:

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Community >> The Pub