Home | Community | Message Board

Myco.ca - Spores & Cultivation Supplies
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Offlineqman
Stranger

Re: Chronic alcohol abuse turning friends into sad remnants of who they used to be. [Re: 1234go] * 1
    #27298394 - 05/07/21 06:27 PM (1 year, 8 months ago)

My good friend is also a big drinker, probably gets drunk at least 5 days per week. The thing I notice is that he just repeats the same stories over and over again. It's like I have heard the same 20 stories 100 times. It's always the same story of glorifying his drug abuse in his younger years, like it's some great accomplishment or something. I don't know where his hardcore drinking is going to bring him, so far he has gotten away with a lot in my opinion. He's 51 and has been drinking hard for 35 years now, it's amazing it hasn't destroyed his body at this point.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibletyrannicalrex
Strange R
Male User Gallery

Loc: subtropics
Re: Chronic alcohol abuse turning friends into sad remnants of who they used to be. [Re: qman]
    #27298411 - 05/07/21 06:37 PM (1 year, 8 months ago)

Some bodies just handle it better. There's people who've smoked filterless camels for 30 years and no cancer.:shrug: I think I had some alcohol a couple weeks ago, maybe 2-3, at home. I was actually glad the bars closed because I was tired of going out every weekend with the mate and friends. Not a big drinker here, nor is the mate thankfully!

--------------------

OfflineManianFH
living in perverty
 User Gallery

Re: Chronic alcohol abuse turning friends into sad remnants of who they used to be. [Re: qman]
    #27298417 - 05/07/21 06:40 PM (1 year, 8 months ago)

Lol wtf? Not even a so what’s up with you yada yada?? Dude is Zombiefied

My wife’s friend has a husband who is such a shit drunk, he just lost it on the 5th I guess and started tearing up her work office for no reason, got all aggressive on her and emotionally tortured her for a good 15 hours. She needs to leave him but he’s got some way of keeping her around and apologizing enough to make her feel sorry for him. I’ve met him a few times, dude is nice enough on the outside but you can tell he’s got some shit brewing deep down. Spent 20 years in the military so I’m sure that has something to do with it. Now he’s retired and I guess the combination of all that time and alcohol has turned him into a monster. She’s rather attractive so when she finally boots him things should work out well for her.

I feel for anyone who can’t drink, I really enjoy the stuff, but shit stay away if you can’t hang. Smoking weed makes me a paranoid psychopath, and you couldn’t pay me $10,000 to get high again. I’ve learned it’s just ok that some things aren’t for some people.

--------------------
notapillow said: "you are going about this endeavor all wrong. clear your mind of useless fear and concern. buy the ticket, take the ride, and all that.... "

ChrisWho said: "It's all about the journey, not the destination."

Invisible1234go
 User Gallery

#27298424 - 05/07/21 06:46 PM (1 year, 8 months ago)

Quote:

qman said:
My good friend is also a big drinker, probably gets drunk at least 5 days per week. The thing I notice is that he just repeats the same stories over and over again. It's like I have heard the same 20 stories 100 times. It's always the same story of glorifying his drug abuse in his younger years, like it's some great accomplishment or something. I don't know where his hardcore drinking is going to bring him, so far he has gotten away with a lot in my opinion. He's 51 and has been drinking hard for 35 years now, it's amazing it hasn't destroyed his body at this point.

I've noticed the repetitive stories with other friends/family, but I think I'd be excited to hear that friend of mine repeat himself.  At least he'd be talking then...lol

I can't be too hard on him, he's gone through some rough times lately...but he's unwilling to compromise most of the time.

Sorry to hear about your buddies drinkin' ...I've only been drinking consistently for a year or two now, but I can definitely feel it.

Invisiblecannabinated
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Outside Flag
Re: Chronic alcohol abuse turning friends into sad remnants of who they used to be. [Re: 1234go]
    #27298430 - 05/07/21 06:50 PM (1 year, 8 months ago)

europeans are dumb

OfflineManianFH
living in perverty
 User Gallery

Re: Chronic alcohol abuse turning friends into sad remnants of who they used to be. [Re: 1234go]
    #27298434 - 05/07/21 06:52 PM (1 year, 8 months ago)

I’ve been drinking on weekends with wife pretty much consistently since we’ve been married, which is going on 6 years. We each have 4 drinks and that’s it. I take a good b full spectrum, milkthistle, and drink a lot of water throughout.

Honestly, feel no worse for wear. Just gotta stay mindful of moderation and saying no to that voice that wants one more drink. Stick to hard rules like they are steel and eventually the voice goes away heh.

--------------------
notapillow said: "you are going about this endeavor all wrong. clear your mind of useless fear and concern. buy the ticket, take the ride, and all that.... "

ChrisWho said: "It's all about the journey, not the destination."

Invisible1234go
 User Gallery

Re: Chronic alcohol abuse turning friends into sad remnants of who they used to be. [Re: ManianFH]
    #27298440 - 05/07/21 06:56 PM (1 year, 8 months ago)

Yeah, was doing about a bottle of wine a night for a while...down to about 3-4 beers tops during the week.  I do a little more on the weekends though. 

Still working on it.  I used to fine with just smoking, and only drinking on the weekends or not at all...
:blast:

InvisibleNiffla
Male User Gallery

Loc: Texas
Re: Chronic alcohol abuse turning friends into sad remnants of who they used to be. [Re: ManianFH]
    #27298445 - 05/07/21 07:01 PM (1 year, 8 months ago)

Quote:

mick said:

I feel for anyone who can’t drink, I really enjoy the stuff, but shit stay away if you can’t hang. Smoking weed makes me a paranoid psychopath, and you couldn’t pay me $10,000 to get high again. I’ve learned it’s just ok that some things aren’t for some people.

I used to be a full fledged alcoholic. Probably for a good 10 years. I was a pretty harmless, functioning alcoholic, but an alcoholic nonetheless. Drank literally...Every. Single. Day.

But in the last couple of years I've gotten down to 3-4 times a month. The rest of the month I stay alcohol free.

And like you I'm just not cut out for smoking weed anymore. I too get paranoid and it just doesn't make me feel good anymore. The shit is so fucking potent these days that it makes my heart race

:feelsweirdman:

I still got some weed in the closet on standby but I am never in the mood anymore. Last time I took a hit off my friend's weed, it fuckin curb stomped me. One fucking hit. Granted we had been drinking all day but before that hit I was fine. After I was fuckin dead, man. Like within half an hour I was completely out of commission and laid down and went to bed. Because I couldn't even think anymore. It felt like I took an uppercut from Mike Tyson. It was horrible, lol.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds