Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Agar, Brown Rice Flour, Portable Greenhouse, Ultrasonic Humidifier

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineSneezingPenis
ACHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!111!
 User Gallery Arcade Champion: BMX Tricks
Making aborts on purpose?
    #4123783 - 05/02/05 04:50 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

I dont know if it has been determined as fact, but IMO, aborts are much more potent by weight than a full grown mushroom... What can you do to cause aborts? and is this at all a good idea? would it reserve more "food" for more mushrooms to grow, instead of having a few honkers that shrink the cake immensly?

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisiblePrisoner#1M
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Making aborts on purpose? [Re: SneezingPenis]
    #4123801 - 05/02/05 04:55 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

psilocyberin said:
I dont know if it has been determined as fact, but IMO, aborts are much more potent by weight than a full grown mushroom...

not from my experience.

Offlinelordoftheshroomz
recoveringaddict
 User Gallery

Loc: wouldn't you like to kno ...
Re: Making aborts on purpose? [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #4123806 - 05/02/05 04:57 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

i think its a myth no its not a good idea, shrooms are shrooms and should be respected as so

--------------------
MY Glove Box, Automated Terrarium, and Incubator
Lil' Wyte, Three Six Mafia, Project Pat will bring it to ya door if theres ana on ya chest.
THE PATRIOT ACT MAY BE THE DOOM OF US ALL! THEY CAN GET THINGS LIKE YOUR MEDICAL/LEGAL RECORDS, YOUR INTERNET HISTORY, YOUR GOOGLE SEARCH INFORMATION, ALL WITHOUT PROBABLE CAUSE OR A WARRANT! ALSO NO ONE CAN LEGALLY TELL YOU. YOU'LL NEVER KNOW UNTIL IT'S TOO LATE, THIS ISN'T EXACTLY A FREE COUNTRY ANYMORE NOW IS IT? THEY ARE DESTROYING THIS COUNTRY SO THEY CAN GET RICHER! THE WAR IN IRAQ ACCOMPLISHED NOTHING! HELP GET THE CONSERVATIVE RIGHT WING-NUTS OUT OF POWER, MAKE AN EDUCATED VOTE!

OfflineCray
I'm not fat i'mbig bones
 User Gallery

#4123838 - 05/02/05 05:06 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Prisoner#1 said:
not from my experience.

same here...

--------------------
My Shroomery Gallery

Don't get ripped off ONLY BUY FROM SHROOMERY SPONSORS

InvisibleHolydiver
Stranger
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The midnight sea
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Making aborts on purpose? [Re: SneezingPenis] * 1
    #4127416 - 05/03/05 01:20 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Aborts belong under the blade of a sharp knife, and directly to the trash can from there.  They are nothing but a nuisance.  This is a timeless discussion for some reason, and I can't figure out why.

Once you achieve your first monster flushes, those aborts won't even be a thought anymore.  :mushroom2:

Die abort discussions!:sniper:  J/K :smile:

Offlinefiggusfiddus
Arrogant Worm
Male User Gallery

Loc: Figgus, Fiddia
Re: Making aborts on purpose? [Re: Holydiver]
    #7431523 - 09/20/07 11:29 AM (9 years, 2 months ago)

This is an absolutely ancient thread, but it's better than starting a fresh one. I think the responses here are hilarious. Somehow the mods and other folks here imagined this was some kind of myth.

My last dose of only 2g aborts was much, much stronger than anything I've ever done before, a fact that was backed up by three other people tripping with me. One of them went absolutely bonkers. I estimated it well over 7g equivalent potency, on the absolutely most conservative side. I said 10g at the time, but I've never gone over 5g normal-shrooms, so I can't gauge too well past a quarter or so.

I suggest that every sceptic try a small (1g-2g dry) dose of pure aborts and tell me they're not insanely potent. The only problem with them is that it's very difficult to gauge their potency, because aborts of course can be 3mm long or most of an inch. The smallest are the bluest, of course, but those around one inch are also significantly bluer than normal shrooms. This is a classic indicator of potency, and I don't see why it isn't obvious to anyone that these are the most potent shrooms (by weight) on your grow!

As the original poster suggested, I am considering trying to produce pure aborts. It's a lot less material to choke down. I know I can induce abortion in a cake by cutting off the humidity and airing out the greenhouse. I don't know if the cake will be healthy enough to allow fruiting to resume afterward, though, which would be the other main point of intentional abortion--conserving nutrients.

Any other thoughts? Any other experiences with intentionally causing cakes or casings to abort? I think it would be easier with cakes, since they don't have that moisture reservoir to keep them going once the humidity's off.

--------------------
FGSFDSFGSFDSFGSFDSFGSFDSFGSFDS

Edited by figgusfiddus (09/20/07 11:31 AM)

Offlineacommunistspy
the fun nazi,NOT to beconfused withthe fun-nazi

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: the garden state
Re: Making aborts on purpose? *DELETED* [Re: figgusfiddus]
    #7432480 - 09/20/07 03:57 PM (9 years, 2 months ago)

Post deleted by acommunistspy

Reason for deletion: this never happened

--------------------

Offlinehighc
creator
Male User Gallery

Loc: maryland
Re: Making aborts on purpose? [Re: acommunistspy]
    #7432519 - 09/20/07 04:06 PM (9 years, 2 months ago)

it is true they are more potnet by weight but WEIGHT is they key word here a dry abort would weigh like a tenth a gram but i think your lookin at it in a different angle if you have lets say a 3.5 gram dry shroomie (yeah pretty big) and it had psilocybin content of .67 and then you had a tenth gram abort which also had .67 then it wouldnt mean you are gettin more out the abort because .67 of a tenth is nothin you wouldnt even feel it. conclusion its not worth it just grow huge mushies but thats not to say its not a bad idea to eat a bunch of aborts if you have them. plus the process and steps you would need to take to produce all aborts would not be worth the final product. you might end up with like 50 aborts that only weigh a dry gram. they would definently fuck you up more then a full grown dry gram but not much more

--------------------

OfflineeVenom
DRIFT on toBATTLE
Male User Gallery

Loc: Florida
Re: Making aborts on purpose? [Re: highc]
    #7432578 - 09/20/07 04:19 PM (9 years, 2 months ago)

I thought this tread was originally to give suggestions as of how make aborts on purpose maybe a abort clone or little FAE or something and if there is someone who has done it! and not if it is good, bad, worth it or not!!!

I've seen many post like this but people always get onto fights and all and the questions is not "what is better aborts or mature shrooms?" is just to see if it can be done and how!

any suggestions would be appreciated!

--------------------
eVenom

"Some of us like a nice buzz, while others want to climb a screaming volcano naked to meet god."
RR

InvisibleRoachMan
Comfortably Numb
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Midwest
Re: Making aborts on purpose? [Re: SneezingPenis]
    #7432619 - 09/20/07 04:29 PM (9 years, 2 months ago)

That's like harvesting your pot before trichomes appear.

Ok, not exactly...  :lol:

--------------------
"The mistake that I make is to try to come awake in a place you're just supposed to get shit faced or baked."

Offlineveda_sticks
Cultivator
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: UK Flag
Re: Making aborts on purpose? [Re: RoachMan]
    #7432657 - 09/20/07 04:40 PM (9 years, 2 months ago)

yeah clone an abort??? how did i knot think of that i have been looking over cloning for the past few days.

It may work??? maybe take a small peice of abort flesh and grow this out on agar??

--------------------

PF TEK - writeup by EvilMushroom666
Lets Grow Mushrooms - RogerRabbit & RoadKills website with sample videos plus the full PF TEK video series. Alot of great information - BUY THE DVD
Cakes can and will pin! - So you think cakes suck for pins. Your wrong
Franks Simple Coir/Verm Tek
Franks Proper Pasturisation Tek
Franks Spawning To Bulk - Monotub
Professor Pinheads RTV Injection Port Tek
Foo Mans No Soak WBS Prep Tek

InvisibleRoachMan
Comfortably Numb
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Making aborts on purpose? [Re: veda_sticks]
    #7432678 - 09/20/07 04:43 PM (9 years, 2 months ago)

(and you're replying to ME, why?)

...but you want to clone a fresh, fast-growing, and healthy PIN.
NOT an abort.

OfflineCosmicFunGuy
ॐconsciousnessॐ
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: ∞
Re: Making aborts on purpose? [Re: RoachMan]
    #7432701 - 09/20/07 04:47 PM (9 years, 2 months ago)

because he hasn't figured out the reply to function....

anyways don't cubes continue to produce psilocin and psilcybin throughout the growth cycle and it stops right around the time when the veil starts to tear... i thought that was why thats optimal harvest time... i could be wrong though..

--------------------

♫ ♪ In the garden of many fields, there is no me or you. There is no right or wrong. There is no up or down. There is no black or white. Everyone is the plow man. Everyone is the seed. Everyone harvests and everyone yields. In the garden of many fields, everyone is one with one love and one love is one with everyone. ♪ ♫
lyrics from: Transglobal Underground - Eyeway Souljah (from Psychic Karaoke)

Invisibleohmatic
searcher
 User Gallery

Loc: europe
Trusted Cultivator
    #7432727 - 09/20/07 04:52 PM (9 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Prisoner#1 said:
Quote:

psilocyberin said:
I dont know if it has been determined as fact, but IMO, aborts are much more potent by weight than a full grown mushroom...

not from my experience.

i dont think so either.

--------------------
:penis: MONOTUB tek :sun: HEATBOMB tek :penis:

RIP #cultivation! ....can't associate? well FUCK U !

InvisibleRoachMan
Comfortably Numb
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Making aborts on purpose? [Re: CosmicFunGuy]
    #7432785 - 09/20/07 05:00 PM (9 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

CosmicFunGuy said:

anyways don't cubes continue to produce psilocin and psilcybin throughout the growth cycle and it stops right around the time when the veil starts to tear... i thought that was why thats optimal harvest time... i could be wrong though..

IME, I believe that the biggest factor for harvesting before the veil tears is because then the caps don't crush as easily.

A spherical shape is stronger than a flattened one (especially after drying).

Offlinefiggusfiddus
Arrogant Worm
Male User Gallery

Re: Making aborts on purpose? [Re: highc]
    #7432845 - 09/20/07 05:11 PM (9 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

eVenom said:
I thought this tread was originally to give suggestions as of how make aborts on purpose maybe a abort clone or little FAE or something and if there is someone who has done it! and not if it is good, bad, worth it or not!!!

Read the original post. The point has to do with potency.

Causing aborts is easy, as I said above. Cut off the humidity, bring it to room RH. They'll abort overnight. I did it by accident, the first time--my humidifier crapped out right after the best pinset I've ever seen on cakes. Thus, I harvested about 8g of aborts off seven BRF cakes with relative ease.

Whether it's worth it is up to the individual, but it's a good point for experimentation.

Quote:

highc said:
it is true they are more potnet by weight but WEIGHT is they key word here a dry abort would weigh like a tenth a gram but i think your lookin at it in a different angle if you have lets say a 3.5 gram dry shroomie (yeah pretty big) and it had psilocybin content of .67 and then you had a tenth gram abort which also had .67 then it wouldnt mean you are gettin more out the abort because .67 of a tenth is nothin you wouldnt even feel it. conclusion its not worth it just grow huge mushies but thats not to say its not a bad idea to eat a bunch of aborts if you have them. plus the process and steps you would need to take to produce all aborts would not be worth the final product. you might end up with like 50 aborts that only weigh a dry gram. they would definently fuck you up more then a full grown dry gram but not much more

The point is that you would spend less time growing to produce equivalent amounts of psilocybin, while spending fewer nutrients (potentially meaning substrate will yield higher in terms of actives) and having to choke down less mushroom for a dose.

--------------------

Edited by figgusfiddus (09/20/07 05:25 PM)

Offlinefiggusfiddus
Arrogant Worm
Male User Gallery

Re: Making aborts on purpose? [Re: CosmicFunGuy]
    #7432869 - 09/20/07 05:15 PM (9 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

CosmicFunGuy said:

It's more subtle than that. Even vegetative mycelium produces actives, just in lower amounts. Mushrooms seem to continue to produce actives as long as they're growing, it's just that they produce them much more quickly, or at least at a higher potency-mass ratio during the earliest stages.

Pins and aborts aren't the same, though, at least not in terms of bluing. I think there may be something about the abortion process itself that causes a higher concentration of actives to be found. It's also possible that aborts simply appear bluer because they are biologically inactive, and that somehow that leads to oxidation of the actives at the surface? I don't know, one of those mysteries.

Edit: Yeah, Roachman's got it. The harvest-before-veil-breaks thing is all about packaging and aesthetics and keeping your FC clean, at least as far as I can tell. :smile: There's a lot of rumor to the contrary, but it seems like mostly hearsay, like a lot of "hard facts" in the hobby.

--------------------

Edited by figgusfiddus (09/20/07 05:26 PM)

Offlinefiggusfiddus
Arrogant Worm
Male User Gallery

Re: Making aborts on purpose? [Re: ohmatic]
    #7432892 - 09/20/07 05:19 PM (9 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

ohmatic said:
Quote:

Prisoner#1 said:
Quote:

psilocyberin said:

not from my experience.

i dont think so either.

Have you tried a dose of only aborts? Make sure it's a reasonable dose by dry weight. 2g of aborts will send you to the moon. They don't have to be the tiniest aborts, either, but small is good.

I had onset within ten or fifteen minutes, too, probably due to the fact that they didn't have to be digested very much to cause a heavy release of actives. It was really disconcerting, knocked me off my feet.

--------------------

OfflineanarchOi
Ellenalien is fat.
Male User Gallery

Loc: ASE Flag
Re: Making aborts on purpose? [Re: figgusfiddus]
    #7432922 - 09/20/07 05:26 PM (9 years, 2 months ago)

putting your cake in the fridge will cause aborts xD

this discussion is pointless. we grow mushrooms at the shroomery
not aborts

lets not wreck the scene

--------------------

Offlinefiggusfiddus
Arrogant Worm
Male User Gallery

Re: Making aborts on purpose? [Re: anarchOi]
    #7432938 - 09/20/07 05:29 PM (9 years, 2 months ago)

Yeah, that's true. I guess talking about what could potentially be a more efficient way to produce large quantities of psilocybin is totally going to ruin the site.

:crazy2::bongroll:

I'm not saying it's revolutionary on its own, but if abort cultivation were adapted somehow, I could see it being more efficient at producing actives than traditional cultivation.

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Amazon Shop for: Agar, Brown Rice Flour, Portable Greenhouse, Ultrasonic Humidifier

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation