Home | Community | Message Board

Crestline Sales - MycoPath
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> The Pub

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineMadtowntripper
Sun-Beams out of Cucumbers
 User Gallery

Loc: The Ocean of Notions
friend is pregnant....
    #4056745 - 04/15/05 12:08 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

This makes me incredibly angry. My friend Nikky calls me today and tells me that she's pregant. She's 22 and already has one kid, works part time and is on welfare. Now she's pregnant AGAIN.

she says she was on birth control, but I doubt it. She takes good care of her one kid, but still....If you cant afford to have one, how the fuck can you afford two? Welfare Mom's piss me off, especially right now...Grrr....

--------------------
After one comes, through contact with it's administrators, no longer to cherish greatly the law as a remedy in abuses, then the bottle becomes a sovereign means of direct action.  If you cannot throw it at least you can always drink out of it.  - Ernest Hemingway

If it is life that you feel you are missing I can tell you where to find it.  In the law courts, in business, in government.  There is nothing occurring in the streets. Nothing but a dumbshow composed of the helpless and the impotent.    -Cormac MacCarthy

He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.  - Aeschylus

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlineemptywisdom
simple being oflight
 User Gallery

Loc: Lemuria
Re: friend is pregnant.... [Re: Madtowntripper]
    #4056753 - 04/15/05 12:10 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

at least she knows how to take care of her kids with what she has. shit happens. damn. If she is really your friend, then help her out if you can. I'm sure she is not blissed about it. It's gonna be hard for her.

--------------------

InvisibleDark_Star
dick butterfly
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Under the Grecian fog
    #4056754 - 04/15/05 12:10 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

My bad...  :crazy:

She could've been using birth control.....sometimes it fails.  Don't be too harsh with her, shit happens....it's a crazy world, people need a little lovin' to get through it all. Plus ya never know, this little one may wind up helping to change the world for the better someday.

--------------------

Edited by Dark_Star (04/15/05 12:26 AM)

OfflineMadtowntripper
Sun-Beams out of Cucumbers
 User Gallery

Loc: The Ocean of Notions
Re: friend is pregnant.... [Re: Dark_Star]
    #4056855 - 04/15/05 12:35 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Oh dude, its not like I'm bitching her out or anything. I just think, knowing her, that its entirely possible she screwed up her birth control. She's still my good friend and I'll baby-sit the little shit anytime for her.

Just kind of hard to believe, ya know....

--------------------
After one comes, through contact with it's administrators, no longer to cherish greatly the law as a remedy in abuses, then the bottle becomes a sovereign means of direct action.  If you cannot throw it at least you can always drink out of it.  - Ernest Hemingway

If it is life that you feel you are missing I can tell you where to find it.  In the law courts, in business, in government.  There is nothing occurring in the streets. Nothing but a dumbshow composed of the helpless and the impotent.    -Cormac MacCarthy

He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.  - Aeschylus

Offlineemptywisdom
simple being oflight
 User Gallery

#4056915 - 04/15/05 12:48 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

I apologize if I came across a bit critical of your stance, that was not my intention. Woman screw up thier birth control all the time, but still, it take two, you know? If she already has a kid and is struggeling to suport the child and herself, I don't imagine it was her intention to have yet another child. This kind of shit happens, this is life being incredible and unpredictable and fasinating and tough and sever and beautifull, no games, for real, this is life happening to your friend. Sometimes you are blessed and sometimes you are delt a shitty hand but when you think it's shit it often turns out a miricale so you just gotta take life as it comes and hope for the best eventually. Do what you can to help your friend out without puting yourself in a tough situation.

Of course you do know her, I do not. mabey this was her intention, I don't know.

I guess my point is that I hope yo can do whatever possible to try to stay positive about the whole situation, and be a good friend.

--------------------

InvisibleRandalFlagg
Stranger
    #4057018 - 04/15/05 01:15 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

I see this all of the time in my town. I cannot fathom how women who are on welfare (and already have at least one kid) manage to get pregnant again and again. I know a chick who is 23 and has three kids. She has been on welfare since she was like 17.

These women NEVER attempt to do anything with their lives either. They don't go to school, try to get a decent job, or try to become self-sufficient. They mooch off of the system for as long as they can. I am of the opinion that these women are just plain irresponsible. They can't seem to get their financial or sexual lives in order.

USE BIRTH CONTROL FOR GOD'S SAKE!

I am all for strict measures for welfare. If you are on welfare and you get pregnant, I think the baby should be aborted and you should be sterilized.

Invisiblemantis
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bunker Alpha, GMC Flag
Re: friend is pregnant.... [Re: RandalFlagg]
    #4057034 - 04/15/05 01:17 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

way harsh, man :lol:

--------------------

Offlinediscoabe
Stranger

Loc: Nevada
Re: friend is pregnant.... [Re: RandalFlagg]
    #4057039 - 04/15/05 01:18 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

I've heard a rumor that they've found out what causes pregnancy.

Invisiblemantis
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bunker Alpha, GMC Flag
Re: friend is pregnant.... [Re: discoabe]
    #4057047 - 04/15/05 01:18 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

balderdash!

--------------------

Offlineemptywisdom
simple being oflight
 User Gallery

Re: friend is pregnant.... [Re: discoabe]
    #4057091 - 04/15/05 01:24 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

We have wellfare for a reason. There is always going to be a certain percentage of people who are iresponible, or unlucky, or not quite sharp enough to live on there own sucsesfully, or just trying to milk the system, and there needs to be something for them. These are our brothers and sisters. And more often than not the life they lead is filled with much more dificulty and adversity than the average citizen in our civilization. They not only need the meager allowance they can recieve from our government, but they also need despratley the seldom recieved support of thier more fortunate brotheres and sisters.

Edited by emptywisdom (04/15/05 01:26 AM)

InvisibleDK1
Male
Re: friend is pregnant.... [Re: emptywisdom]
    #4057281 - 04/15/05 02:23 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

well said emptywisdom,,,,,,,,......... paradox

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Community >> The Pub