Home | Community | Message Board

Mushrooms.com
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> The Pub

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinemilly
fee's girlfriend

pregnant fried eating shrooms
    #2326195 - 02/12/04 11:44 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

I'm just wondering what other peoples opinion about this is.
awhile ago a friend of mine (not me! i stopped everything as soon as i found out i was prego...which was pretty eary on) anyway this girl is about six months along and she ate an eighth of shrooms. there is a good chance that her baby could die soon after being born...but even if its 99% if the baby lives its 100% alive, ya know? anyway, i feel that if the baby is advanced enough to hear at 8 weeks then it must be old enough to feel. Does anyone know what this could do to the fetus? Icould almost understand a crack addict smoking crack while pregnant before i could understand a girl doing mushies while pregnant. the crack addict is addicted...which is selffish, but more a physical dependancy, where as the girl eating shrooms is doing it out of pure selfishness. The thing i don't understand is the girl didn't have a bad trip....i can't understand how a girl with a baby growing inside of her, no matter what its chance of living was, couldnt have that come up during the trip...and feel ok about it. Any opinions?

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleAdden
Extraordinary Beast
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Amongst the Dunes
Re: pregnant fried eating shrooms [Re: milly]
    #2326230 - 02/12/04 12:01 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Pregnant women shouldn't do drugs.

--------------------

Outdoor Mushroom Cultivation

InvisibleRunDMT
H?L? GH??
    #2326232 - 02/12/04 12:02 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Uterus tripping..! :oogle:

I don't particularly like the idea of that. You need to talk to her about it.

OfflineAnnomM
※※※※※※
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Europe
    #2326237 - 02/12/04 12:04 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

i feel that if the baby is advanced enough to hear at 8 weeks then it must be old enough to feel.
A fetus can hear after 8 weeks? are you sure?

Does anyone know what this could do to the fetus?
Nobody knows, probably nothing.

I agree with Shulgin, but I think mushrooms are safe in relation to some other drugs:

Quote:

There are three very dangerous risks of such drug taking.

There is a short period of time, quite early in pregnancy somewhere around the time when the embryo is undergoing a transition to a fetus, that it is extremely sensitive to a toxic property of a few drugs; this property is the causing of teratism, which is the conversion of a normal fetus into a monster. The famous recent example is thalidomide that robbed the child of arms -- a tragedy known as phocomelia. The drugs that do this are extremely rare, but this action cannot be predicted.

Also, there are people that can be hypersensitive to a drug -- have some extreme response, perhaps lethal response, to an exposure that would not disturb the vast majority of the population. There can be a one-in-a-thousand person to whom a relatively benign drug is extremely toxic. The unborn child may be that rare person.

And there is a growing legal problem. It is an increasingly common occurrence, especially in cases where the birthing process is conducted as an emergency at the local county public hospital. A urine specimen can be taken and, if upon analysis it shows the presence of an illegal drug, the mother can be accused of exposing a minor to an illegal drug and possibly lose possession of her child. It is sick, sick, sick, but it is happening more frequently nowadays.

In answer to your question, no, I have not heard of any misadventure due to the use of MDMA during pregnancy. But I am a firm advocate of the exclusion of all drugs, as far as possible, during those magical nine months.

-- Dr. Shulgin

Terms of Use

InvisibleLanaM
Head Banana
Female

Loc: www.MycoSupply.com
    #2326240 - 02/12/04 12:05 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Being a woman, I've wondered the same myself. I've done research but I've never found much in regards to how psilocybin reacts to a baby/pregnant woman.

I've never been pregnant, but my idea is this...

If you use mushrooms, thats your business.
If you force feed mushroom to a friend of yours, thats not nice.

Well, although the baby may not know whats going on, if she takes any drugs, the baby is too.

Many women are very picky even when it comes to what they eat during their pregnancy. Let alone what drugs they use.

I would advice against it. But thats just me.

Lana

--------------------
Myco Supply - Distributors of Mycological Products
http://www.MycoSupply.com

The Premiere Source for Mushroom Growing Supplies.
Visit us online or call us toll free

InvisibleRunDMT
H?L? GH??
Re: pregnant fried eating shrooms [Re: Annom]
    #2326291 - 02/12/04 12:26 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Let's say the baby does get affected by the shrooms, tripping. That's just not right. Having a psychedelic slipped into your food unknowingly is fucked up enough, but a baby? That's so many types of wrong, I don't even know where to begin.

Invisiblefee
Im he who is the
 User Gallery

Loc: amsterdam
    #2326310 - 02/12/04 12:32 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Ya I saw the girl and told milly about it. Her bf came over and she asked did she have a bad trip and left it at that.
She was ready to explode so she left the room
But she supposably is carring a baby thats over 6 months old and has been told it will probly die.
How can you have a good trip?
she did
I guess show has no heart or something
I thought she was ok but now I cant stand the site of her it makes my skin crawl.

--------------------

blankk said to fee:
btw you're a total fucking psychedelic pimp
Turtletotem said:
I want to become a sun worshipper, so next time an atheist smugly asks me where god is, I can point smugly at the sun and laugh my ass off.

Then I drive away in my solar powered piece of shit car, cool stuff man.

And then I go kill a bitch because the flaming orb in the sky told me to do so, and I don't know, oppress a few minorities here and there in the name of nuclear fusion?

Religion is fun.

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
    #2326370 - 02/12/04 12:48 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

My Son, Adrian Teona Allen, the teona short for Teonan?catl, is a shroom baby. My wife was 5 months pregnant and eating shrooms with me every two or three weeks, up until her fifth month, before she knew she was pregnant.

It did not hurt our son but it is not recommended.

Today a mother can bottle her milk for a few days and get high and then feed the baby the bottled milk and then go back to breast feeding. a day or two later.

While it is not recommended to do any drugs while one is pregnant and not to drink, millions of people do. Sometimes things do not work out.

My second wifes first son was an acid baby as was my daughter Jennifer whose birtday is tomorrow.

Jennifer's mom and I did acid in Haight AShbury every week when we lived there. And on the day my daughter was born, we had a cool doctor who smoked pot. We went to the hospital because our daughter was almost two weeks late.. This man had been our doctor through the whole pregnancy in Chicago and had long hair like I did. He ask us if we smoke weed and I told him we did. He said, "go home, roll a joint, smoke some and make love and see what happens."

Well we did exactly that and ten minutes after we were finished my wifes water broke. Our daughter was born on Friday the 13th a few minutes before Valentines day in 1970.

Later I asked my wifes doctor about the pot thing and he said he had read somewhere that midwives use to give pot to mothers in childbirth to ease their pain and make delivery faster.

Where he read this I never found out.

Anyway, Once you realize you are pregnant than you really should stop taking everything including alcohol, although again i do not think a little pot would hurt.

mj

Offlinemilly
fee's girlfriend

Re: pregnant fried eating shrooms [Re: fee]
    #2326400 - 02/12/04 12:56 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

I searched on fetus hearing, it is fully developed at 20 weeks but it starts at 12 weeks. I think if anyone who was totally unaware of psycodalics was slips mushrooms it would scar them for life. so why not a fetus.

Offlinemilly
fee's girlfriend

Re: pregnant fried eating shrooms [Re: mjshroomer]
    #2326431 - 02/12/04 01:04 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

I think smoking pot is exceptable....i didn't but i don't judge people who do. however, just under the usumption (sp? sorry) that the baby could be trippin with the mother, i don't think its right if the mother is aware of the pregnancy. I cant imagine anyone would feed an infant mushrooms. so difference is it to take them while pregnant?

OfflineKreeprCeepr
Dont mistakelack of talentfor genius!

Loc: Oregon
    #2326542 - 02/12/04 01:30 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

My mom did drugs when i was a fetus, she didnt know she was pregnant, in fact the whole reason i came to be was because of drugs! I disagree with using alcohol, especailly. i know that while my wife is caring our baby, i want to be very healthy when it comes to eating, and just daily habits (all of this in the future, im only 19!) I agree that if a women were to smoke weed to help her out with the labor, thats understandable, she is using it for a medical purposes, not just smoking it every day to get high. I cant say to much because i turned out healthy, smart...all of those things the special ed teachers tell ya!  :laugh: :grin:

--------------------
"My lands are where my dead lie buried" Crazy Horse R.I.P

Native Pride

Invisiblesir tripsalot
Administrator
 Arcade Champion: Skeleton Park

#2326552 - 02/12/04 01:32 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Doing anything that is easily avoided is selfish and the moms a retard. Sorry but if you arent responsible enough to lay off anything potentially harmful to a baby for 9 months then you aren't ready to have one.

All these little theories people have that "this drug is safe and this one is not" is crap, why not avoid it all together? Oh, pots too important.

--------------------

"Little racoons and old possums 'n' stuff all live up in here. They've got to have a little place to sit." Bob Ross.

InvisibleRunDMT
H?L? GH??
Re: pregnant fried eating shrooms [Re: KreeprCeepr]
    #2326555 - 02/12/04 01:33 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

It's not a question of wether or not the baby endures or 'turns out fine', it's a matter of free will. Did you consent to getting doped up in the vomb?

I think it's very egocentric, ignorant and down right retarded to induce your shared system with anything that isn't an absolute necessity.

InvisibleRunDMT
H?L? GH??
Re: pregnant fried eating shrooms [Re: sir tripsalot]
    #2326557 - 02/12/04 01:33 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Thank you. :thumbup:

OfflineInfrared
sleeping
Male User Gallery Arcade Champion: El Emigrante

Loc: Chicago, USA
Re: pregnant fried eating shrooms [Re: RunDMT]
    #2326585 - 02/12/04 01:43 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

" Holyghost? - slayers of ignorance "  :thumbup:

--------------------
When chemistry is outlawed.. Only outlaws have chemistry:rainbowdrink:

InvisibleRunDMT
H?L? GH??
Re: pregnant fried eating shrooms [Re: Infrared]
    #2326592 - 02/12/04 01:45 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Damn skippy negroid! :grin:

Oh, and whoever dares to bring up abortion, choice, as a counter arguement gets the 1-shroomer right off the fucking bat.

If you decide to keep a child you better get it right.

(just a pre-empative safety net) :nut:

Offlinemilly
fee's girlfriend

#2329645 - 02/13/04 08:25 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

"It's not a question of wether or not the baby endures or 'turns out fine', it's a matter of free will. Did you consent to getting doped up in the vomb?"

Well Put! Just because alot of the time nothing happens, why would someone even take that risk. I didn't even drink caffien while I was pregnant. Everyone should have the choice if they want to do drugs or not, you wouldn't drug your great grandmother (or at least i would hope not) so why would a baby less important?

InvisibleRunDMT
H?L? GH??
    #2329653 - 02/13/04 08:36 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Speak on sista :smirk::thumbup:

Invisiblefee
Im he who is the
 User Gallery

Loc: amsterdam
    #2330385 - 02/13/04 01:01 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Just so youguys know this girls bf said "that the baby probly wont live so why not let it have a good time."
This really bothered me nevermind milly

--------------------

blankk said to fee:
btw you're a total fucking psychedelic pimp
Turtletotem said:
I want to become a sun worshipper, so next time an atheist smugly asks me where god is, I can point smugly at the sun and laugh my ass off.

Then I drive away in my solar powered piece of shit car, cool stuff man.

And then I go kill a bitch because the flaming orb in the sky told me to do so, and I don't know, oppress a few minorities here and there in the name of nuclear fusion?

Religion is fun.

Offlineamyloid
Stranger
Re: pregnant fried eating shrooms [Re: fee]
    #2330534 - 02/13/04 01:32 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

sounds like hes gonna make a great father . . .

--------------------
"A human being is part of a whole, called by us the Universe, a part limited in time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts and feelings, as something separated from the rest--a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness. This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting us to our personal desires and to affection for a few persons nearest us. Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening our circles of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature in its beauty."
-Al Einstein

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Community >> The Pub