Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience >> Trip Reports

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Scales

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleAnubis
Time Traveller
 User Gallery

Loc: Durango, Colorado Flag
Tripping in groups can be hard (LONG)
    #4037673 - 04/10/05 05:48 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Especially when you find out that you are the most experienced person there. I will tell you what happened this last weekend, and maybe you'll understand what I mean.

Background: Some friends and myself had been planning a camping/tripping expedition for some time. I am leaving soon, so we wanted to trip together seeing as we've never done so together(we've each had our own encounters previously) and we wanted to do it in the woods, so naturally camping popped into our heads.

So last Friday was the set date. I had to work in the morning so we were going to go later in the day. I was hoping to get out of town by at least Five O'clock,PM, so we would be able to do a little bit of exploring before it got too dark. But of coarse there were many hold ups. We had to get our ganja and some food, we had to wait for people to get their shit together, and we had to get some firewood. By the time all this was done, it was already 5:45 and darkness was falling.

The spot that we chose to go to is roughly twenty miles out of town, so it's not too far. by the time we got there, it was very dark and a little bit muddy. We were all in 4x4 vehicles, but one of them got a little stuck non-the-less. Fortunately it proved to be easy to get him unstuck and soon we were on our way. We got to the designated spot at 7:45ish and set up camp immediately. We had the fire and the tent set up so we all had a few Guinness. I don't drink but I had one anyway (I'll have to admit that Guinness is a quality beer). We then smoked a few bowls and made some chit chat. It was pretty fun. We were all anticipating the day to come, when we would eat our Mushrooms. Finally it got late enough for everyone to go to sleep. And we did.

The next morning we got the fire started again and we cooked up some grub. We chilled for a while and decided that we would eat the Mushrooms at noon, which was a few hours away. Fastfoward to then: Noon came and we divided our Mushrooms. There were six people +myself. Three People ate straight Mushrooms at about 1.7g's ea. and myself and three others ate Mushroom chocolates at about 2-2 1/2g's ea. Our chocolates melted in the tent, to we put them in the freezer where they should have been in the first place and let them re-solidify. After they were solid, we broke up the big mass of choc. and divided it evenly with a scale into four doses. So now we all waited.

about five minutes after we'd all finished our Mushrooms, we smoke some Ganja. It was some really decent stuff from Cali. After that bowl and another was cashed, we all migrated to the river (the Rio Grande) which was less than fifty feet from our site. We all crossed to this sandbar and chilled on it for for a while, soaking up the sunshine. It was at this point that everybody started to feel the Mushrooms. My friends Aa, Al, Br, Ju,Ma, and An were all chilling on the point of the sandbar watching the water converge again. An's GF and I were More "inland" on the bar. I had brought my pipe with me and i packed the bowl and sent it around. At this point all of my friends were being taken by the Mushrooms. I was still comfortable with it. An was starting to become grossly affected by the "energy" around him, especially by that which was coming from the river. He decided to get off the sandbar and hang out on the bank. I wanted to go put my pipe away so it would get damaged, and I came back and chilled next to An. When everybody else saw that, they came over too (except for An's GF, who I could tell was starting to become the river). AN started to freak out saying that there was too much energy when we were all around him. I let him be after that and started to look at the underwater sand ripples. After a while everybody went back to camp and was just chilling having a good time. I stayed behind at the river with An's GF. I was trying to pay particular attention to her because it was her first time to try Mushrooms and I wanted her to have a great experience. Just by watching her stare at the river, I knew she would have a life changing experience. I went to the camp to see how every body else was doing. They all pretty much seemed to be having a great time, except for An who kept complaining about the "negative" energy. When I am on Mushrooms, I tend to get scatter-brained and forget what I am doing all the time. After a while I remembered An's GF(El) at the river, and went back to check up on her. She hadn't moved since i was there last, and that just confirmed my suspicions about the river. It had taken her as it's own. I came up to her and announced my presence as not to startle her. She was trying to tell me to look at the rocks. I did and I understood 100% why she was still there. It was absolutely mesmerizing. The turbulence from the river was making really (and I mean REALLY) interesting patterns with the sand right below the surface of the water. I had drawn something in the sand earlier and now saw that it was almost totally unrecognizable. This took me back to my studies of Buddhism and it's teaching of impermanence. It seems to me I always have a Buddhist trip, even when I am not trying for one. By this time my thoughts were getting really cramped. There were so many of them, that I felt there was not enough room in my head to contain it all. This is when I decided that the river might be too much for me. I started to walk away but El caught my sleeve and held me back. I wanted to stay and comfort her, but I didn't want to have to confront my demons, which is what I knew the river was trying to get me to do. I tried to persuade El to come back to camp with me, but she didn't want to, so I left her there. I got to camp and noticed that everyone was really deep into their trips. It was also starting to get really warm. An was still babbling about the energy, and everybody else was caught up in their own world of hallucinations and deep thoughts. I went up to this ridge that was right above our camp and kicked there with some of the others who had ventured up there. I said it was warm earlier, but it was really getting hot now. It was about 2:00 on that phenomenal April 2nd, which I heard was a really nice day in other parts of the country/ world too. The ridge seemed cooler than our camp, so we hung out there for a while. I was looking at all the cacti and other hardy plants that live out there. I was thinking about how hard it must have been for the native Pueblos to live here. I recognized the Sacredness of this place, so I could understand why they would want to live around here. ( We were in the red circle. ) We found some hatched rattlesnake eggs too. it was pretty cool. By this time it was getting too hot to bear. I went back to camp and noticed El was still at the river. I went to check on her and saw that she was getting farther out into the river. This was when I decided it would probably be a good idea to get her back to shore. I didn't want her to fully believe she was water and try to swim with it, so I called her back. I was trying really hard to convince her to come back to camp, but she didn't want to. I did some thinking and came up with a good reason why she should get out of the river. I told her it would be a good idea to get out of the river because we are " Downstream of Espa?ola" ( for those who don't know, Espa?ola is a seedy town with one of the highest rates of Heroin addiction/ODs in the country). That got her out real quick. My next problem with her was trying to get her to put on some shoes. There was a lot of broken glass around and i didn't want her to cut her foot. It took me Half an hour to get her shoes on, but in the course of doing so, we had a few telepathic exchanges. I knew the trip she was going through, because I have had one before ( a high level 4-5). She some how perceived that I knew and Knew for her self that i knew. She got really surprised by that. she couldn't understand how she knew that I knew. I told her there was no point in trying to understand it, that it is just one of the wonderful things about Mushrooms that make them sacred. She seemed satisfied by that answer and stopped worrying about it. I really needed a sip of water at this point. I told her to have her shoes on by the time I got back, or I'd be disappointed. I went and got my water, chatted with some of the other kids, who all seemed to be having a great time, and walked back to where I left El. She didn't have her shoes on and I expressed my disappointment. She Told me to go away so she could put them on, kinda like a do-over.
I went away again. While in camp, I noticed that everybody who was chilling on the ridge earlier was now back in the camp. The temps felt as though they were in the 90's, so i could understand why. But I noticed that bot everybody was back. One person, Ju, was missing. I asked if anyone had seen him and they all said no. I started to get a little nervous at this point. I went up to the top of the ridge to try and find him. He wasn't where i last remember seeing him, so I called out his name. "JU!" "JU!" "JU!" "Where are you?!". Not a single answer. I started to really freak out now, considering the high temperatures, the desert all around, and the fact that Ju had no water. I was afraid he'd get dehydrated and possibly get lost. I called his name some more..." JU!!" "JU!!"..."What?". Finally!!! It sounded really close, so I yelled " Why didn't you answer me the first time i called for you??". He said he didn't even hear me. I was relieved to find him relatively unscathed. He did throw his Mushrooms though. I led him back to camp and went to deal with El again, who still was not wearing her shoes. This time I made sure she put her shoes on and brought her away from the river. She was having a hard time dealing with the other people in the group, especially her BF, An. I was mediating it all so no one would get offended or hurt. At this time I remembered the Ganja, so we smoke another bowl. I was really nice. I found one of the machetes we brought out too, and started playing around with it. By this time, everybody was done with the peak, but was still vibing pretty hard. A Few of them wanted the drugs to wear off, which is a horrible feeling. I took "my" machete to this river to play in the water. I was having lots of fun slicing the surface of the water with the blade. It would make a really nice SHhhwwshh sound. The sand ripples were still getting to me too. I wish I had a camera that day. The photo opportunities were abound. I go back to camp now and I am chilling with the rest of the group, having a wonderful time. Then El shouts " I have needles in my foot", rather matter-of-factly. I look on the ground in camp and see her shoes. "Dammit!!" I think. It took me forever to get her to put on her shoes only to have her take them off again and wander into a cactus. I tell her Bf to go deal with it, as I start to feel that he should have been dealing with her the whole time. It is starting to get late (5:00), so we all start to pack up camp. I had been packing here and there for the entire trip. I don't know why (I am a little crazy sometimes). But I was relieved when I had nothing left to do when everybody else was packing. So everyone is packed and we start to head out. We decide to go on this nice looking road that we missed coming in. We wondered why we hadn't taken it on the way in. That soon became evident as we realized we were on a hardcore 4x4 trail. It wasn't too bad at first, but we quickly came upon some really tough spots. The car I was riding was a little bit broken ( no locking hubs), so we decided that this would not be the best trail. But it seemed we had gotten a little bit turned around and slightly lost. Not a good feeling when you are coming down off of Mushrooms. Fortunately we finally found the familiar path and we were out of there.

All in all it was a great trip. I was especially diggin' the river for a while (other than the " Downstream of Espa?ola" part, which I am going to make into a bumper sticker, along with another great tripping quote). The hardest parts were mediating the group to make sure no one's feeling were hurt and keeping track of everyone. But I wouldn't change any of it.

Fin

--------------------
"Always pull up survey stakes, anywhere you find them. Anywhere."
-- Edward Abbey

Home Sweet Home: http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs316.snc4/41134_1575150945077_1424696117_31559183_3782033_n.jpg

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblemecreateme
YoUisMEEMsiUoY
Male User Gallery

Loc: Memphrica
Re: Tripping in groups can be hard (LONG) [Re: Anubis]
    #4037725 - 04/10/05 06:05 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Eat before you trip at noon? Did you get up at five? Otherwise a fast is gonna be the best bet. You gotta give a little to the mushroom. Of course, you seem an experienced tripper, so you must have known what nature does to a tripping person. One seems to just get completely taken in by nature. The nicer the day, the harder you are in touch with all that is nature.

Great report. Be careful with that machete, what if you would have accidentally sliced up your leg while hacking at the water, or what if someone had found the machete and went fucking nuts? A possiblity is a possiblity, plain and simple. We are dealing with mind altering chemicals here. :wink:

--------------------
No ONE wants to know the ultimate TRUTH, as soon as YOU find IT out, YOU want to forget IT.

You are everything's way of feeling itself.

Happy Schwag, everygodly!

OfflineFliquid
Back from being gone.
Male User Gallery

Loc: omotive
    #4037789 - 04/10/05 06:20 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

IMPO you helped them well, it was your task.
Be proud of yourself.  :sun:

--------------------
:dancing: My latest music! :yesnod:

InvisibleAnubis
Time Traveller
 User Gallery

Loc: Durango, Colorado Flag
Re: Tripping in groups can be hard (LONG) [Re: Fliquid]
    #4037921 - 04/10/05 07:10 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Thanks Fliquid. That means a lot to me.:mushroom2:s for you.

And Mecreateme, you are a good observer. I am very experienced with the mushrooms. I used to post as Psilopsychic, but that account got deleted. That means i get to rate you a second time!

Oh yeah, I don't really recommend the machete to anyone who hasn't got a great deal of experience with one. I was having a lot of fun though. I was doing these full-arm-extension swings at the water, and the blade was traveling so fast that it didn't disturb the surface of the water at all. it was as though the blade never touched it. I had to have my friend An check it to tell me it was going into the water. He was as astounded as I.

--------------------
"Always pull up survey stakes, anywhere you find them. Anywhere."
-- Edward Abbey

Home Sweet Home: http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs316.snc4/41134_1575150945077_1424696117_31559183_3782033_n.jpg

Offlinedr0mni
My Own Messiah
 User Gallery

Loc: USF Tampa, Fl
    #4038569 - 04/10/05 10:11 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Sounds like you did a great job watching everyone. That girl very well could've drowned if you didn't tell her to get out.

I usually trip with close friends that know what they are doing, but I once was tripping with a group of kids that I had just met, and they had only tripped a few times, and not much on shrooms. We took a walk and some of them started walking into the middle of the street while cars were comming, and others were walking way ahead of everyone else. I was sure that something fucked up was going to happen and ruin everything, but it was fine. A great experiance, but I caught a lot of wierd vibes the whole night.

I feel that unless everyone is well experianced, then tripping in groups of more than 4 people ruins it completely, because you can count on everyone else fucking up your mood and being irresponsible.

4 people is the best number of people to trip with, in my opinion.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Scales

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience >> Trip Reports