Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleeMotionALLmotion
DivineeMotive....

Loc: The Symphony of Lights......
Becoming a Fruit..... =P
    #4023427 - 04/06/05 08:26 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

If you truly are what you eat, yeah....!  Part fruit, and part NUT....!  :lol:

Ya~ know, I have NEVER in my LIFE enjoyed eating fruit and vegetables more than now in my LIFE....!    VERY ENERGIZING, and damn good at that....!  It is nice too because all of the produce section at my local market is right near the front door, so there is little walking to get in and back out.... 
Many good things I noticed today while picking up my produce groceries....
Fruits, vegetables, Nuts / Grains.... 

1)  You get your moneys worth in weight, nutrition, variety, flavor, and COLOR....!  And most of it was pretty damn "cheap"....

2)  It all comes naturally pre-packaged....

3)  There is no waste to "throw away"....  If it rots, or if there are trimmings, you can throw it out in the yard for animals, or you can throw it in a compost pile for a garden....  Giving back to the earth.... 

4)  They make you feel GOOD, and they taste damn good too.... 

5)  If you have an excess of any of the non-dry items listed above, you can "can" them in re-usable jars without preservatives or chemicals....

6)  You can grow your own produce with the seed to perpetuate your own produce in gardens or orchards....

7)  There is no pollution, chemicals, or waste from any of these foods....

Look at all of the healthy colors and flavors....!    Even spices come from the earth, and most of them are from plants as well....  :heartpump:
I am muchly enjoying growing into this new way of life....    I hope it is contagious....!    I am finding it less frequent that I desire beef or any of the other processed greesy chemical preservitave "food" CRAP that seems to be killing me slowly - zapping my energy levels, clogging my body, and gernerally making me feel like CRAP(in the past)....  And again I will say, I have NEVER felt so ALIVE in my LIFE....    Thank you GOD, and Mother Nature for these wonderful gifts of sustinance, and the very essence of life....  :heart:    It seems such a simple thing, how could I have not seen this before....?  :shrug:

:sun:

--------------------
Uni-VersALL      MasterPeace
eMotive  :sun: Divinity NowThere Infinity :sun:  eMelody

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
Re: Becoming a Fruit..... =P [Re: eMotionALLmotion]
    #4023433 - 04/06/05 08:30 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Good on ya! Good choices! I work at a natural foods store with one of the largest and most beatiful all organic veg and fruit selection I've ever seen. I love it.

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

Offlinefresh313
journeyman
 User Gallery

Re: Becoming a Fruit..... =P [Re: Icelander]
    #4023474 - 04/06/05 08:41 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

mmmm i just planted some peppers and artichokes

DivineeMotive....

Becoming a Fruit..... =P [Re: Icelander]
    #4023498 - 04/06/05 08:46 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Icelander said:
Good on ya! Good choices! I work at a natural foods store with one of the largest and most beatiful all organic veg and fruit selection I've ever seen. I love it.

Now THAT sounds like a wonderfully rewarding job....!  Definately an investment in a healthy future for everyone....  :heart:
fresh313,  Can't go wrong there...!  Unless a spitefull "Jap" Beetle eats all yer plants....!  :wink:  :lol:

--------------------

InvisibleZero7a1
Leaving YourWasteland

Loc: Passing Cloud
    #4023512 - 04/06/05 08:48 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

your avatar rocks btw :smile:

OfflineTrippinNinjaBuddha
ShroominSamurai
Re: Becoming a Fruit..... =P [Re: Zero7a1]
    #4035316 - 04/09/05 07:20 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Two words: FUJI APPLES.

You'll never eat anything else!

unless you want variety of course!:D  I agree, when I eat healthy, natural foods, I feel lighter/higher.  Natural peanut butter is the shiiit.

--------------------
Jumped in a river, what did I see?
Black eyed angels swimming with me
Moon full of stars and astral cars, all the figures I used to see
All my lovers were there with me
All my past and all my futures
We went to heaven in a little rowboat
There was nothing to fear and nothing to doubt

InvisiblePsychoactive1984
PositiveCynicist
Male
Loc: California, Monterey Coun...
Re: Becoming a Fruit..... =P [Re: TrippinNinjaBuddha]
    #4035368 - 04/09/05 07:46 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

I second that, Fuji Applies are teh shit.

--------------------
"Their is one overriding question that concerns us all: How can we get out of the fatal groove we are in, the one that is leading towards the brink?" Albert Szent-Gyorgyi
"We may not be capable of eradicating the corruption of reason, but we must nevertheless counter it at every instance and with every means." Dan Agin
"Politics is the best religion and politicians are the worst followers."
-It's ok to trip as long as you don't fall.
-Substance over Style.
-Common sense is uncommon.

InvisibleZero7a1
Leaving YourWasteland

Loc: Passing Cloud
Re: Becoming a Fruit..... =P [Re: TrippinNinjaBuddha]
    #4035616 - 04/09/05 09:30 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

What are fuji apples?...

--------------------
What?

OfflineAmber_Glow
Sat Chit Anand

#4035634 - 04/09/05 09:35 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

I've been trying to eat more raw vegan lately.

Go a whole day eating nothing but fresh fruits, veggies, and nuts and you will feel great. But there is still a craving for meat and shitty processed food that I am having trouble getting over.

Invisibleflowstone
blustering

Loc: precious
    #4035645 - 04/09/05 09:38 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Hell ya, I have already started my garden this year, and recently I have been drinking a combine mix of carrot orange and apple juice VIA a very well working juicer that separates the solids. Now if I can only incorporate my greens(broccoli, spinach, lettuce) then I will be well off :smile:

--------------------
these long agonizing months without you...have been long and agonizing..
"War Doesn't Decide Who's Right... It Only Decides Who's Left."

PositiveCynicist
Male
Re: Becoming a Fruit..... =P [Re: Zero7a1]
    #4035897 - 04/09/05 11:28 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Go to the store ASAP!! If you've never had one, your missing out :grin:.

--------------------
"Their is one overriding question that concerns us all: How can we get out of the fatal groove we are in, the one that is leading towards the brink?" Albert Szent-Gyorgyi
"We may not be capable of eradicating the corruption of reason, but we must nevertheless counter it at every instance and with every means." Dan Agin
-Substance over Style.

DivineeMotive....

Re: Becoming a Fruit..... =P [Re: Amber_Glow]
    #4035985 - 04/10/05 12:18 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Amber_Glow said:
Go a whole day eating nothing but fresh fruits, veggies, and nuts and you will feel great.  But there is still a craving for meat and shitty processed food that I am having trouble getting over.

Yeah, it takes time....  I am sitting here and typing eating my forth slice of pizza....!  CHEEEEZE and BACON are going to be difficult to get past, but I now consider it a "reward" for eating so good all week....  Ain't nuthin wrong with a little "reward" here and there to spark the tastebuds....!    :grin:    (if you so choose)
Those Fuji Apples, do they, or can they support all of the natural nutrition that our bodies needs to live....?  Trace minerals/elements and all....?    Right now I like the variety of tastes.....  :grin:    My list has grown a little, as I started with JUST Bananas....  Then added:  Pears, Apples, Oranges, Pineapple, (one Mango-Yummy!), And recently added Tomatoes, Onions, and Baked Beans(magical toot-fruit :lol:)....  Also eat a LOT of Pistachios, and mixed nut stuff, and I like Cashews, just haven't gotten a lot....  All of the scraps go out in the yard, nothing to throw away in the trash....
Also, besides milk in my grain cerials, I have been drinking ONLY SOBE fruit juice....  Yummy stuff for sure...!  :grin:  I have also been collecting the glass for recycling....  Perhaps I will promote their wonderful energizing drinks when/if I get "big"....  ---HEY, what is not possible....?
This has all been about a 2-3 week "transformation"....  I have never felt so good about anything in my life....!    And I have so much energy and positive spirits, I will NEVER go back to eating like I did....  Perhaps an occasion "reward" while at family gatherings and weekend pizza, but otherwise, I have no desire for that crap....!
As for meat, I have always heard how red-meat is bad for you and your digestive system....    It all tastes good, but I can live without it if it means healthier living....  Which brought up the question of Chicken and Seafood....  Are there physical drawbacks to eating these two forms of non-red "meat"....?    Somehow I don't feel that milk, cheezez~, or butter is "bad" for you nutritionally(in a moderate balance), but what about the Chicken and Seafood meats for "good" nutrition....?    What about Pork for "good" nutrition....?  I only really like Bacon and Ham, but is it really "good" for you....?

--------------------

PositiveCynicist
Male
    #4035988 - 04/10/05 12:20 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

:shrug: They taste damned good... for all I know they're contributing to my insanity. Either way, buy some and give 'em a try.

--------------------
-Substance over Style.

DivineeMotive....

Re: Becoming a Fruit..... =P [Re: Psychoactive1984]
    #4035996 - 04/10/05 12:24 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Will do, got 3 more YUMMY Red Delicious Apples to get thru first....  :smile:
The squirels seem to like the fruit scraps, they are usually gone pretty quick from my scrap pile....  :heart:

--------------------

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

#4036671 - 04/10/05 09:22 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

It takes years to overcome the mental resistance we aquired as kids to the maligned words: "Eat your veggies!"

it's great to hear someone going ape over a banana and getting extatic from greens. I'm a Paleo, read up on paleolithic foodgroups, you'll love it.

Eating during a trip can provide a mystical experience but when this happens it's a veggie or fruit that sets it off most of the time!

If you de-condition the aquired taste for calorie-dense "empty foods" like potato and grain/sugar based shite (a two liter bottle of cola contains 1/2 POUND of white sugar) then fruits and greens are among the most rewarding foods to eat. What synthetic food can rival the tastes and odors of a salad prepared without dressing?

500 kcal from veggies
500 kcal from fruits
500 kcal from fish
500 kcal from meat
500 kcal from seeds, nuts & a western food treat

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
higher knowledge starts here

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
    #4036799 - 04/10/05 10:31 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

eMotionALLmotion said:
7)  There is no pollution, chemicals, or waste from any of these foods....

Keep in mind that a lot of chemicals, preservatives, pesticides, etc. etc. etc. can possibly end up in fruit and vegetables. :wink:

Still more healthy than almost everything else, though, and very satisfying to munch on. :grin:

Great thread! Huzzah! :thumbup:

:headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :satansmoking:
Peace. :mushroom2:

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

Offlineentiformatie
EvolutionaryMovements
Male
Loc: miami, florida
Re: Becoming a Fruit..... =P [Re: fireworks_god]
    #4070865 - 04/18/05 10:49 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

mmm, wiccan, potatoes are full of nutrition.

anywho, eating natural is the best way to go :-) i find that a blender is a good investment. get an apple, a banana, some soymilk, and bam! what a delicious smoothie!

and Amber mentioned craving protein. i went vegan about a year and half ago, and i'd been feeling cravings (didn't know it was for protein at the time). i found this vegan protein powder, and i've been into excercise and whatnot, and i know i don't get enough protein, so i gave it a shot, and i found that it totally satisfied that craving. tastes pretty good with soy milk and a banana in the blender.

--------------------
/opinion
.sean

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck