Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Re: how many of us here are doing their first grow, or are still noobs? [Re: PowerTrip]
    #3975736 -

I hope all works out...


--------------------
<one foot over the edge and i think i like it>

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: how many of us here are doing their first grow, or are still noobs? [Re: IGnosticAbhorI]
    #3975883 -

IGnosticAbhorI said:
Some people are narc's...Don't trust everyone on this site, cept for mods.,Admin, and sponsers...Everyone else, you'd have to get to know them i guess...But then again they could be some fat guy eating dorito's all day just waiting to get ur addy...for who knows what reason...Just trying to inform you btw , not trying to be a dick :smirk:

-Gnostic

EDIT : I hope you're resilent, b/c you should go ahead and expect failures, best you can do is except them and critique everything that you did, learn from it, don't just give up, this is such a great hobby :thumbup:



Thank you so much for the info dude (err guess I shouldn't assume your gender...I'm a "dudette" myself.  :wink:

Thanks for the heads-up too.  You didn't come across as a dick at all, I really appreciate your help and input!  I'm afraid I would be horribly boring to any narc though as I will only be doing this for legal research purposes.  Fat guys with doritos could be fun, can I hunt them and shoot them if they stalk me?  :wink:  Ok all kidding aside, thank you for your concern and I will be careful!

I won't let failure or setbacks deter me, I am so excited about this!  Thanks for the heads-up on what to expect with some failures so now I won't be all shocked when it happens!

You rule dude, thanks for the great reply and help!

*hugs*
*dance*!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: how many of us here are doing their first grow, or are still noobs? [Re: bounceproof]
    #3975918 -

This is my very first grow I knocked up 6 1/2 pint brf+verm jars with B+ some of the jars are 60-70% done while some of there other ones are only 20-40% done. I plan on trying a stright verm. casing for 2 of the cakes and then the rest ill probably just fruit as cakes. as soon as I start seeing pins ill be sure to post some pics! which hopfully should be soon.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: how many of us here are doing their first grow, or are still noobs? [Re: MountainMagic]
    #3975927 -

first jar..day 13


--------------------
my brain is melted.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: how many of us here are doing their first grow, or are still noobs? [Re: jabatheglut]
    #3975930 -

I'm failry new to the growing. I've got the cakes figured out nicely, so might move on to casings soon.

I'm gonna innoc 12 jars later today. I've got 5 different kinds of spores. Not sure which I will use.

I have Puerto Rican, Mexican Cubensis, Thai Elephant Dung, Golden Teacher, and Creeper.

Any suggestions on which one I should use?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: how many of us here are doing their first grow, or are still noobs? [Re: Deadmaker]
    #3976072 -

I am on my first grow but I am amazed on how well things are going

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: how many of us here are doing their first grow, or are still noobs? [Re: Deadmaker]
    #3976075 -

Try em all :smile:

Pretty new to growing psilocybes also, after 2 failures with a contam. EQ syringe we have cased (verm)some Cambodian (fsre)on rye and hope something to come up next week...all is going well but we have low temps (68, 20 celcius) in the fruiting chamber so maybe that will slow em down.

Next grow will be amazonian from mushmush on chicken feed and rye. Try a bulk with a horsepoo and straw mix 25/75 and case the rest of the jars.

Goodluck guys,


--------------------
Cannagrow

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: how many of us here are doing their first grow, or are still noobs? [Re: PADDOHEAD]
    #3977880 -

I had a friend who used the PF tek to make a living. He only fruited from cakes, and I don't think he ever tried casings (or maybe he did and he failed somehow, so he stuck to what he knew). After having so much success on my first attempts, going straight to casings, I don't see why anyone should be afraid of trying casing their first time. They are so easy! Know I see how dumb my friend was, and how hard he made it on himself.

Of course, I had the advantage of watching him do cakes, so i had a lot of first hand knowledge. But I think that if you can get a jar to colonize then you might as well try casings.

oh yeah, my primordia are turning to pins! YAY!!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: how many of us here are doing their first grow, or are still noobs? [Re: dr0mni]
    #3977921 -


I, too am new to growing, My first grow yeilded almost a whole ounce so far, and that's the first few that were ready for printing.
I have a few strains going, USVI, Pink Buffalo, and we grew Equador and gave it to my boyfriends sister. I'm havin' loads of fun doin' it. we have jars and cakes, and everything is growing on rye, so far. PB loves that stuff.


bounceproof said:
Well, I was going to put on pics. I can't get the pics down to size. I am ging to do some research and try to figure this out.



open in a photo program, format, resize, decrease size, your done.


--------------------
:crankey:
/    l    \__:thumbup: ... Hi, I'm Crankey, and I approve this message.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: how many of us here are doing their first grow, or are still noobs? [Re: MeatSpace]
    #3979615 -

I flirted with this website for three years before I actually decided to try and do this for real. I am on my first grow right now and things are going swimingly. Its so much fun because this hobby does allow people to try and experiment. Its not just "follow the pftek, or whatever tek" you can try your own thing.

So what if you lose jars to contam, if you learn that worm castings and flaxseed make the mycelium grow like wild fire, then more power to you.

If I get one mushroom out of all my hardwork, i will be happy. Anything beyond one little mushroom is a hardcore win in my book.

I will always have room for improvement.


--------------------
You gotta check yo' self before you wreck yo' self

B, Z, F, Burma, Cambodian, Golden Teacher, Puerto Rico, South American, Costa Rica, African

My name is Ender Wiggen and I will own you soon. Bean is my second in command, he is PC'ing jars right now.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Xazia called me a narc! Check it out!
( 1 2 all )
NewbieShroomer 4,513 34 11/16/01 02:25 PM
by Anonymous
* how much experience is needed to grow Pan Cyans? Psike 7,211 6 06/18/01 10:40 PM
by aluminum_can
* Complete Professional Growing Tek
( 1 2 3 all )
bluhoney 24,235 43 04/15/24 03:10 PM
by stasis
* Sonny Black = narc ?? effwun 649 2 10/25/01 01:35 PM
by strang
* Expected yield from a single grow bag Mimo 14,435 3 08/02/02 09:50 AM
by shroom_assassin
* Re: Warning - BUSTED growing shrooms
( 1 2 3 all )
loppo 25,959 51 05/25/00 04:37 PM
by Anonymous
* Aww crap, noob mistake...or is it? ramuk 1,108 6 11/12/05 02:39 PM
by badlarryumd
* Hydro-Pod newbie grow log
( 1 2 3 4 5 all )
thedm9 21,990 80 09/26/01 02:14 PM
by CACA

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
3,018 topic views. 14 members, 71 guests and 142 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.026 seconds spending 0.01 seconds on 15 queries.