Home | Community | Message Board

Zamnesia.com
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy Cannabis Seeds, Buy CBD   Amazon Paul Stamets

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinevsb1473
Stranger
Hazards of cultivating mushrooms
    #3971508 - 03/26/05 05:48 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

We are thinking of cultivating mushrooms in a shed in a small farm which already contains lots of coconut trees and other plants. I just want to know if this mushroom cultivation will harm other plants in the farm in any way.

Regards.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineIGnosticAbhorI
Stranger-er

Re: Hazards of cultivating mushrooms [Re: vsb1473]
    #3971531 - 03/26/05 06:58 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

It will probably give the reverse effect.

Your plants might be harboring bacteria (ect) which may interfear w/ your mushies, they absorb everything, they're sensitive :rolleyes:

Good luck though, and i wouldn't go around posting about the size of your grow if it's for more than personal use, :thumbdown:

That's jus my .o2

-Gnostic

OfflineSterile
mushroom lover
 User Gallery

Loc: under the Amanita
Re: Hazards of cultivating mushrooms [Re: vsb1473]
    #3971533 - 03/26/05 06:59 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

You can grow them in combination with the other plants in your farm

excerpt from the book: "Growing gourmet and medicinal mushrooms" by Paul Stamets (highly recommended)

"When gourmet and medicinal mushrooms are involved as key organisms in the recycling of agricultural and forest by-products, the biodynamics of premaculture soar to extraordinary levels of productivity.
Mushrooms are the missing link in the premaculture model.Not only are mushrooms a protein-rich food source for humans, but the by-products of mushroom cultivation unlock nutrientsfor other members of the ecological community.The rapid return of nutrients back into the ecosystem boosts the life cycles of plants,animals, insects(bees),and soil microflora.The soil that fungi produce sustains,ultimately,all life.The complex activity of mushroom allies allowes habitats to achive degrees of biological intensity that are absent in fungally improverished habitats.It is the fungal web that holds habitats together.

Environments can best support populations of humans when nutrients are cycled back into the ecosystem using fungi as the link. Scientists are substantiating that mushroom mycelia proliferate when farmers employ the "no-till" method, fertilizing the soil as crop debris is decomposed."

--------------------
The Source Of The Force
Is The Power Of The Mind

"if you don't like what you're doing, you can always pick up your needle and move to another groove." - timothy leary"
Anno: "-I can do anything with those clouds!"
Annos Tek

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy Cannabis Seeds, Buy CBD   Amazon Paul Stamets

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation