Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleThorA
Anti-Theist OVERLORD
Male User Gallery

Loc: Iceland
Re: Mushroom Off-topic Poll *IMPORTANT*
    #282374 - 03/30/01 03:23 PM (22 years, 11 months ago)

"While I've only recently started to post on this board I have been a member for awhile now. One of the main reasons I don't participate more is the fact that for a board with moderator too many flame wars.

??? I'm sorry, your post was a little confusing, what are you saying? :smile:

Cheers,

Thor.....

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinetoadlicker

Re: Mushroom Off-topic Poll *IMPORTANT* [Re: Thor]
    #282405 - 03/30/01 03:32 PM (22 years, 11 months ago)

Thor,
I am all in favor of dirtmasters idea. I think that suits the content better than off topic. That would be great!

Anonymous

Re: Mushroom Off-topic Poll *IMPORTANT* [Re: toadlicker]
    #282419 - 03/30/01 03:58 PM (22 years, 11 months ago)

I agree... mushroom cultivation is NOT spore vending, in fact, one might get their spores straight from the cow shit, and come here for help on growing it correctly. Of course, this (shroom forums) IS probably THE best place for potential bussiness for spore venders, and can hardly imagine where else they would advertise, but not everyone wants to hear about it. If one wants to by spores, they will go looking for a vender. With new wanabee vender's appearing all the time, I think it would be a good idea to make a seperate forum for 'spore spam/spore wars', especially when at least half the spore venders around here bicker among themselves, this will in a sense put them in their own light, and some newbie looking to purchase/or bitch about not getting an order in 3 days, can go there and discuss and decide for himself..... "who is the best supplier". *that kind of nonsense*.

I also think Ralphster would make a good MOD for that forum too ;), since he gives em away :P

OfflineTaz
veteran
Re: Mushroom Off-topic Poll *IMPORTANT* [Re: Anonymous]
    #282437 - 03/30/01 04:23 PM (22 years, 11 months ago)

pavlov said it all. I to think ralphster44 would be a great mod.

--------------------
"Most of the world's problems are caused by people taking things that do not belong to them..."

Invisibleslither
addict
    #282438 - 03/30/01 04:24 PM (22 years, 11 months ago)

I think there should be a seperate forum for vendors/products to promote products, and for people to complain about products/vendors. That way, it's not stuck in everones face the second they get in this forum, and I think flaming will go way down.

I don't think anyone would go out of their way to go to that forum and target any particular spore vendor unless they were a troll, or had an actual problem with the vendors product.

I just think it would be great if this particular forum was kept cultivation oriented not spam/flame oriented. And spam usually always ends up in flames.

Invisibleralphster44
collector
 User Gallery

Re: Mushroom Off-topic Poll *IMPORTANT* [Re: slither]
    #282444 - 03/30/01 04:38 PM (22 years, 11 months ago)

Post deleted by administrator.

--------------------
www.RalphstersSpores.com

WE SHIP TO CANADA FROM WITHIN CANADA :smile:

For your safety and security, we have a Secure Website.
Also for your security, we will not take your credit card number.
Your security and safety is of utmost importance to us.

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

Loc: Crackerville, Michigan U...
Re: Mushroom Off-topic Poll *IMPORTANT* [Re: slither]
    #282447 - 03/30/01 04:41 PM (22 years, 11 months ago)

I agree with slither...someday when i get better at this i would like to sell spores as well. A specific spot for just vendors and vendor related questions would be very convienient......

It would also stop the "HEY GUYS I WANT SPORES, WHO'S A GOOD SUPPLIER?" question

Relax, Relax, Relax.....it's just a little pin prick * there'll be no more AARRGGHHH!!!! but you may feel a little sick....

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

Words of Wisdom: Individual Rights BEFORE Collective Rights

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -- Thomas Jefferson

InvisibleThorA
Anti-Theist OVERLORD
Male User Gallery

Re: Mushroom Off-topic Poll *IMPORTANT* [Re: ralphster44]
    #282450 - 03/30/01 04:43 PM (22 years, 11 months ago)

Glad to hear everyone seems to favor this idea, I absolutely like the idea of Ralph being moderator there :smile:

We'll give this poll a day and then I'll see what the consensus is, if its still this positive I'll contact Aphex about setting up another forum.... He's probably getting tired of my constant suggestions etc..... :smile:

Keep the comments coming, I really want a good consensus from people before we do anything...

Cheers,

Thor.....

InvisibleJustAnotherTraveler
Sporalized

#282467 - 03/30/01 05:06 PM (22 years, 11 months ago)

One vote here for the spore supplier forum.

One vote for Ralphster as it's moderator.

peace,
jat

--------------------
Well he loved and laughed and floated past

the echoes of a velvet mind, that whispered fairy tales untold

that kissed his mind, carressed his soul-

OfflineLizard King
King Lizard

Loc: GA
Re: Mushroom Off-topic Poll *IMPORTANT* [Re: JustAnotherTraveler]
    #282472 - 03/30/01 05:14 PM (22 years, 11 months ago)

I agree with the ideas suggested. I've long felt we needed a spore supplier forum, its a great idea.

That poll thingy option is pretty damn cool, thats the first I've seen that feature.

Edited by Lizard King on 03/30/01 07:15 PM.

--------------------

OfflineTaz
veteran
    #282478 - 03/30/01 05:22 PM (22 years, 11 months ago)

thor... why not also have a forum for people who want to hash it out with each other. call it the flamers forum. then people can go there and tell each other how much they hate them and suck and so on. ha ah just a joke (I would probably be flamed on there so much it woudn't be funny, are would it?

--------------------
"Most of the world's problems are caused by people taking things that do not belong to them..."

InvisibleThorA
Anti-Theist OVERLORD
Male User Gallery

Re: Mushroom Off-topic Poll *IMPORTANT* [Re: Taz]
    #282498 - 03/30/01 05:49 PM (22 years, 11 months ago)

That flame forum was actually suggested a ways back, the problem is people who flame often want attention and thus wouldn't post in a forum that obviously won't be very busy....

LK, yeah these polls are great, as a moderator you can also make the poll a "sticky" thread, where as you notice this thread remains at the top the whole time :smile: .... Kinda neat if you ask me!

Cheers,

Thor......

PS LK, I love that lizard, the liz king was sweet too..

OfflineTaz
veteran
    #282501 - 03/30/01 05:56 PM (22 years, 11 months ago)

I know thor...I was just being funny. I make a point. people flame me, I make a sujestion, people flame me, I agree with someone, people flame me. that's why I said that. everyday someone has to take a cheap shot at me, but I don't mind water on a ducks back. flamers also provide attention to those being flamed AND I LOVE IT MAN. your pretty cool thor. glad your the mod and not most around here.

--------------------

InvisibleCarnelian
    #282617 - 03/30/01 09:05 PM (22 years, 11 months ago)

I agree, we definately need a neutral moderator, sounds like ralphster's free spore ring was just a way for him to collect strains for free and gain the trust of others so he could open his spore business. Didn't he just say that was what he was doing in a previous post. Something about 12 strains that aren't part of the free spore ring. I betcha sporeworks will be glad they contributed to that. I'm not sure if this is the case, but if those are his plans whatta scam!

If you are planning on continuing the FSR Ralphster, I commend you for that, but I swear I read that a few days ago something about 12 strains that aren't part of FSR, and for that I have to commend you for the idea to start a "free spore ring" for that purpose, because that is slick.

Anonymous

#282619 - 03/30/01 09:07 PM (22 years, 11 months ago)

I like the idea, but it appears the ralphster is intending to be a spore vendor, and that isn't the best person to be a mod. of a spore vending Bboard. Sorry Ralphster. I like your free spore ring, but lately you have started to sell your spore races.

Invisibleralphster44
collector
 User Gallery

Re: Mushroom Off-topic Poll *IMPORTANT* [Re: Carnelian]
    #282659 - 03/30/01 10:02 PM (22 years, 11 months ago)

--------------------
www.RalphstersSpores.com

InvisibleThorA
Anti-Theist OVERLORD
Male User Gallery

#282662 - 03/30/01 10:08 PM (22 years, 11 months ago)

Not to mention moderators are held liable, so if there was some obvious mis-use then they would lose their position.... I consider myself a fair person, and if I saw someone abusing it I would speak out.......

Anyways, Ralph would be great, you guys should at least give him a shot..... Thats if we even get this forum....

Cheers,

Thor......

OfflineTaz
veteran
    #282671 - 03/30/01 10:16 PM (22 years, 11 months ago)

yeah, ralph is from idaho so that means he's cool. I think he would conduct himself accordingly. captainmax is still mad about him letting off some steam the other day. and as far as his FSR goes...the guys does something nice and everybody flames him, why? jealousy maybe? because they afraid he is hurting their business. maybe we need a ralphster to keep the vendors in check. keep it up ralph, i'm behind you 100%. besides he has said before he grows and takes prints, so what if he sales them? that is his business.

--------------------

Invisibleralphster44
collector
 User Gallery

#282677 - 03/30/01 10:21 PM (22 years, 11 months ago)

--------------------
www.RalphstersSpores.com

InvisibleThorA
Anti-Theist OVERLORD
Male User Gallery

#282684 - 03/30/01 10:27 PM (22 years, 11 months ago)

Alright, me and Ralph will take this new forum, if Ralph mis-behaves I'll hang him with "his" new rope.....

Aiiiiiight.... Peace out....

Thor.......

InvisibleThorA
Anti-Theist OVERLORD
Male User Gallery

#282686 - 03/30/01 10:30 PM (22 years, 11 months ago)

Alright, the one time sign ups voting, hmmmmmm if you thought it wouldn't be noticed, you are wrong......

Thor....

InvisibleCarnelian
    #282708 - 03/30/01 11:05 PM (22 years, 11 months ago)

Didn't mean to sound so harsh ralph. I think you're doing a good thing. I guess I read things wrong! Nice going on the Free Spore Ring, hope it lives on. And if your other prints are beating prices of other vendors considerably, more power to you.

Anonymous

#282714 - 03/30/01 11:12 PM (22 years, 11 months ago)

Ralphster I'm not attacking you. But clearly you dislike certain spore vendors; clearly you sell spores, even if at a lower price, and people want to put you in charge of a spore vendors BBoard. I think that is a reasonable statement I'm making. To tell you the truth, it really doesn't matter to me. I'm not a vendor.

InvisibleRussdogg
old hand

#282716 - 03/30/01 11:15 PM (22 years, 11 months ago)

Yeah, I'm in favor of a flamers forum. Well, not exactly. I'm in favor of a forum in which all threads that are praising, or just pissed off at the spore vendors can post.

Kinda like the shark tank over at www.overgrow.com.
They run a pretty tight shift over there and I seriously recommend you check out there forums:)

Invisibleralphster44
collector
 User Gallery

#282728 - 03/30/01 11:48 PM (22 years, 11 months ago)

--------------------
www.RalphstersSpores.com

Anonymous

#282736 - 03/31/01 12:04 AM (22 years, 11 months ago)

"I cant believe you guys, you'd prolly bitch if they hanged ya with a new rope!! "

LOL!!!

Got home from work and read this, that was funny! , You had me rolling... I have this mental portrait of you saying it... LOL
Your alright.... sorry to ever give ya any shit.
Pav

OfflineMNmyc
enthusiast

Loc: MN
    #282754 - 03/31/01 01:17 AM (22 years, 11 months ago)

This is the longest off topic thread I have found tonight.....and btw Not one of you guys, let alone two, can flame like me. So why can't we all just get along? If I responded to every little quirk in this thread that I disagreed with, I'd meet alot of people, and that's good, RIGHT?

AND RALPH IS BUSY ENOUGH!!!!!!!!

a guy gets a ring goin' and then you want the rest of his time...
Let's not appear to be beggars OK?

THIS HAS BEEN EDITED

Edited by MNmyc on 03/31/01 03:23 AM.

--------------------
Life is what happens while you're making other plans...

OfflineDystopian Harbinger
Cheech Wizard

Re: New forum for the sporepimps [Re: Anonymous]
    #282755 - 03/31/01 01:18 AM (22 years, 11 months ago)

A seperate forum for the sporepimps and the product spammers would be WONDERFUL!!!!

I think that ralphster would be a great mod for the sporepimp forum. I would also really, really, really like it if we could somehow incorporate the word "sporepimp" into the title of the topic but I guess I can dare to dream.. I also believe that ralphster should be able to move a topic over to his forum if a sporepimp starts a spamthread in the cultivation forum.

--------------------
At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid.
-Nietzsche

InvisibleCarnelian
Re: New forum for the sporepimps [Re: Dystopian Harbinger]
    #282766 - 03/31/01 01:44 AM (22 years, 11 months ago)

Yes, the mod should definately be able to move any topic that starts with spam to the sporepimp forum, could you do that ralphster, even if it meant pissing off all the spammers?

InvisibleThorA
Anti-Theist OVERLORD
Male User Gallery

Re: New forum for the sporepimps [Re: Carnelian]
    #282778 - 03/31/01 02:29 AM (22 years, 11 months ago)

Unfortunately this "move" feature is not available..... Aphex is working on it.......

Cheers,

Thor......

OfflineEddie Walker
enthusiast

Re: New forum for the sporepimps [Re: Thor]
    #282786 - 03/31/01 02:51 AM (22 years, 11 months ago)

Ralph I really do think you are incredibly patient taking on the FSR and all. But just 3 days ago you posted quite an embarressing attack on CaptianMaxMushroom here.

I would really like to state here how awesome it was when ralph was coming up with the Free Spore Ring. I mean it has been done before on other boards probably but it was still cool. At first there were alot of people who really didn't trust him but as the feedback poured in over the months it was pretty clear. Ralph was sending out alot of spores! Anyways the FSR is a seperate issure all together.

taz I am amazed at how quikly your attitude has changed. But then again I have said some pretty stupid stuff on here especially when I was new or really pissed. I think the new "preview" part of the forum has saved me more than once from just writing one huge flame. Anyways taz keep up the good work.

Have a question? Goto Grow/Find or even better Search.

Edited by Eddie Walker on 03/31/01 07:22 AM.

--------------------
Mycology Supplies[blue]Fungi Perfecti[/blue]

Anonymous

Re: New forum for the sporepimps [Re: Eddie Walker]
    #282823 - 03/31/01 07:10 AM (22 years, 11 months ago)

rolf, save your spam for the spam forum

thats how I started selling spores, first I gave out dozens of free Ps. cyanescens spores then I realized that most just took them because they were free. So I charged for them. Now I'm a vendor. Thats how the evoulution of a vendor comes about and you can see it is happening to 'ster as well.

So I don't see how he could be the moderator, everytime someone would post 'spores for sale $10', he'd reoply with 'I'll let you have if for $9'.

He wouldn't be a moderator, he'd be a fucking salesman with an inside position!

I might as well be the moderator, or PF or Ryche!

He's already done enough damage to the spore world, he's devalued them and people don't have respect for thngs when they are free are dirt cheap.

I vote NO for rolfster as mod, twice now, out of nowhere and for no reason, he has attacked myself and PF.
Thats not a mod, thats a TROLL!

Take a trip to the Spore Lab @:
http://www.sunshine.net/www/1700/sn1730

Offlineemetheus
enthusiast
    #282851 - 03/31/01 08:43 AM (22 years, 11 months ago)

i think that putting ralphster in charge is rather like having the fox watch over the chickens.
a moderator needs to be neutral, not another spore supplier, free or not.
conflict of interest.

Visit http://mycotopia.yage.net

--------------------
Visit http://mycotopia.yage.net

InvisibleMcMan
Pooh-Bah
Loc: USA
Post deleted by users_request [Re: emetheus]
    #282913 - 03/31/01 10:45 AM (22 years, 11 months ago)

InvisibleRyche HawkV
A Messenger
Male User Gallery

Re: Mushroom Off-topic Poll *IMPORTANT* [Re: McMan]
    #282942 - 03/31/01 11:39 AM (22 years, 11 months ago)

Wow... I go away for a few days and come back to some new fun and exciting drama around here.
Never a dull place ya know :)

First off, I think the spore supplier/advertising section is a good idea. DD has one and its a good thing.
Especially when ppl want to inquire about their orders or give their thoughts and suggestions on spore suppliers. I feel this poll should be changed to Spore Supplier/Advertising section instead of off topic mushroom cultivation.

What I DONT agree with is that just because I'm a spore supplier I have to post my pictures in that spore supplier section. that is BS... everyone else posts their cultivation pictures in the cultivation section. Spore suppliers should be no different. Ppl enjoying seeing pictures....if were going to condem spore supliers for posting their pictures in the cultivation section... then pershaps this new spore supplier forum should be for ALL pictures by anybody as well.

I enjoy posting myco-porn... its pure mushroom eye candy... and many many ppl enjoy it as well. Although some of these ppl are clearly jealous of it and they call me spamming. I also enjoy seeing everyone elses pictures. Some awsome mushroom eye candy gets posted here. Keep it going :)

If I mention it was grown out on 10lbs of DB compost.. then jealous ppl like Dystopian Harburger call it spam and post pictures of spam.
If I dont say much at all...like
' here is some nice myco porn of lipa yai...1st flush 2nd flush etc..... then ppl ask what was it grown on.. how much compost is that... etc...
I cant win either way.
The information is on our website how they are grown.
Should I also include it in every thread? I can.. doesn't matter to me. I'm just tired of anytime I post pictures its called spam by some...but thanks to those who stick up for me when I'm not around and give their praise and enjoy seeing what is going on.

And to McMan, this crap I dont contribute much here or earn my rights.

Your statement "I think that we should have guys like Ralph and BluHoney rather than guys like Max or Hawk because they are HELPING as well as benefiting from their membership which means to me that they are earning their rights to share valuable information the
correct way and receiving rewards for doing so." end quote.

That is complete BS. For one thing... try doing a search on my name and see the countless hours I spent helping ppl here for well over a year... and and almost daily basis. I put in a lot of time here once upon a time..... and still help out from time to time.

I HELP ALL OF YOU in ways you dont even realize. Behind the scenes.
Every month I send Aphex $75-$100 to help out with the server fees of what it cost to keep The Shroomery a float.
This place doesn't run it self for free.
Aphex doesn't make much money from The Shroomery. As you can see, currently their are no advertising banners here anymore.. which means he bringing in $0 from this place for the last 3 or 4 months. And for a long time there were no advertising banners here at all. He paid for most everything by himself and with my little bit of help.. and a few others.
Then a couple years ago I started helping out financially, and even donated $250 and motivated ppl to send in money.. which he collected to buy better equiptment to upgrade this place.

He is young man going to school and doesn't make much money. The shroomery is his baby and WE all enjoying using it. Its the most visited web site in the world for psilo mushrooms. Its probably the most poweful tool in the world for psilo mushrooms with all the information in the archives. You all enjoy using it and learning here. Yet how many of you have taken the time to write Aphex a thank you letter or send him any money?

Especially any of you selling your products here? McMan... all those orders you get for your Cultivator... you advertisted here.. ppl found out about and now your getting orders. You have made money from your product and a big part of this is from the shroomery being here.
Did you bother to share any of that money with Aphex? Or say thanks to him?

Personally I enjoy sending Aphex $75-$100 a month because I appreciate dearly all the time and work he has put in creating this place. And I know it helps with my sales so why should'nt I share some of the money with him? And without our donations who is to pay for expensive server fees. Or what is to keep him motivated giving all his time to keep this place going strong and new features being added. Everyone appreciates a little money for their hard work.

Pesonally I think anybody making money from spore sales or growing chambers or compost or anything here should reach into their pocket and AT LEAST send him $25 a month.

And to all of you who enjoy using the shroomery so much... why not just reach in your pocket and mail Aphex $5 or $10 once in a while to say thanks and keep up the great work.

He is getting a po box which will be posted here shortly for anybody that would like to help out. This guy works hard to create this awsome board yet he sells nothing here and makes nothing wihtout advertising banners. Even with banners.. he doesn't make much off of that. He helps ALL OF US in one way or another with the existance of THE SHROOMERY. Think about it.

Anyway, I dont like hearing just because I"m not around posting tons of information like I use to that I dont help out the shroomery. I help in ways you guys dont even see. And I would spend more time here posting information if everytime I came here I didn't have to waste hours explaining myself or defending bullshit slung at me.

On the subject of Ralphster being mod of that section... I dont agree with that either. I like ya Ralph and think your doing a good thing... but it needs to be someone more nuetral. If Ralphster is going to be mod of the spore supplier section then I want to be mod of it :) But really I think we need to put up a voting pole and have it for ppl that are completly neutral to selling spores in anyway. And obviously it needs to be a member that has a long standing of being neutral around here and staying out of flame wars. Someone fair and honest who has the time and is interested in it.

Anyway.. I hope the shroomery gets back to being a peacefull place it once was years ago.

-Peace-
www.thehawkseye.com
Sacred Mushroom Spores

Edited by Ryche Hawk on 03/31/01 02:50 PM.

--------------------
-Peace-

High Quality MUSHROOM SPORES and CULTURES  for microscopy at www.muShrooms.com

muShrooms.com is the new web site of
www.thehawkseye.com

InvisibleMcMan
Pooh-Bah
Post deleted by users_request [Re: Ryche Hawk]
    #282984 - 03/31/01 01:17 PM (22 years, 11 months ago)

Anonymous

Re: Mushroom Off-topic Poll *IMPORTANT* [Re: Ryche Hawk]
    #282986 - 03/31/01 01:20 PM (22 years, 11 months ago)

Hey mcdork, I don't spam, I answer questions and leave my sig, the way its supposed to be done. You and ralfster are the ones who continually try to change the subject of thread after thread by talking about nothing but your products.

And I don't trash other dealers either. Other than PF and we don't even bother with it anymore.

I vote for myself!
So you're a liar.

InvisibleMcMan
Pooh-Bah
Post deleted by users_request [Re: McMan]
    #282989 - 03/31/01 01:23 PM (22 years, 11 months ago)

Anonymous

#282990 - 03/31/01 01:24 PM (22 years, 11 months ago)

And there you have it folks..... the bickering continues... :)

Even in THIS thread... too funny

InvisibleMcMan
Pooh-Bah
Post deleted by users_request [Re: McMan]
    #282993 - 03/31/01 01:25 PM (22 years, 11 months ago)

InvisibleRyche HawkV
A Messenger
Male User Gallery

#283004 - 03/31/01 01:54 PM (22 years, 11 months ago)

What are you talking about McMan.. I see lots of threads going on around here about your product.
And you did a lot of talking/selling your product around here and still do. It doesn't bother me a bit. I think you should... its a very nice growing chamber. You know damn well The Shroomery is what got the word out about your MC.

McMan,.....blah blah blah is all you have to say about everything I just said regarding Aphex and contributing to this place. Wow..that sure was considerate of you.

You get plenty of feedback here from customers and it helps you improve things even further.
But we should have a different forum for all of that.

That is why we need a SPORE SUPPLIER and ADVERTISING section. Where ppl can talk about spore suppliers, my products, your products.. anybodies new products... if there is a forum for it...then ppl can go there and read about it if they choose and not bitch aobut it or make lude reference to spam or who is spamming or what is spam. Those members that dont care to read about anything new or what us spore suppliers are up to or what McMan is doing with his MC... well.. they dont have to go there and read it.
Just as you dont now... nobody forces anybody to look into any thread.
You can all see the subject title of a thread, choose them as you wish. But dont bitch about it once you enter it and complain you have to read through it. Ignore those threads and move on.

-Peace-
www.thehawkseye.com
Sacred Mushroom Spores

--------------------
-Peace-

www.thehawkseye.com

InvisibleMcMan
Pooh-Bah
Post deleted by users_request [Re: Ryche Hawk]
    #283006 - 03/31/01 01:55 PM (22 years, 11 months ago)

InvisibleInsomnia
addict
    #283021 - 03/31/01 02:25 PM (22 years, 11 months ago)

Here's my two cents...

1. Any legit spore vendor, manufacturer of grow setups, tek inventor, etc. is doing a favor to the community. And as such, I think they have a right to post amounts of promotional stuff on the Shroomery. While posting about spores and vendors and so on in the cultivation forum is technically sound (you gotta start from spores some time if you're gonna cultivate) the problem is too many of these people are acting like babies. So I think a forum for spore vendors is in order. Give props, bash away, do what you like - but in a seperate forum. I recall somewhere a forum description saying "If you're interested in cultivating P. Cubensis mushrooms, this is the place for you." Recognize that???

2. People need to realize that spore vendors are dealing in living material. That means every now and then a syringe will be bad, or a batch of spores won't germinate, etc. Those are the breaks when dealing in living matter!!!! Take into account all the time, care, and financial investments (not to mention security issues) spore vendors deal with when making sterile, viable prints and syringes for everyone. And, if you are a constant complainer about how long deliveries take, or whatever, then make your own fucking prints and syringes. They're FREE that way!

3. Grow kits, cultivation chambers, books, etc. are all for sale. Some are pricey, some are not. Either way, instead of taking up bandwidth crying about the price of this or that, or how you're a jealous pillow biter because you didn't think of it yourself, go fuck off and make one of your own. I'm so sick of seeing (in particular) posts about the Mushroom Cultivator being a rip-off b/c it's several hundred dollars, or that the Dung Brothers compost is a rip-off b/c it's cow shit with a fat price tag. WHO FUCKING CARES? If you don't like the price, the product or the person who came up with it, why not either A - keep it to yourself, or B - don't buy the fucking things! Use your freedom of choice. Do you honestly believe a Bentley is worth $350,000? Get it??

4. Look, I'm all for the Shroomery. Great place, interesting people sometimes. But honestly, a lot of people here take things WAY TOO SERIOUSLY. This is supposed to be fun. While Poindexter is buying a fucking chromatography kit to test the potency of P. Cubensis grown on brown rice flour vs. rye flour, I'll be harvesting some nice mushrooms and having fun. LET'S ALL LIGHTEN UP A BIT. Everyone wants to learn and share knowledge, and luckily, that's what this place is for. Let's keep the posted content to that, ok?

Peace.

I choked Linda Lovelace!

--------------------
"If you believe in things you do not understand, you will suffer." ? Stevie Wonder

Anonymous

Re: Mushroom Off-topic Poll *IMPORTANT* [Re: Insomnia]
    #283072 - 03/31/01 03:27 PM (22 years, 11 months ago)

Mcman, I've posted tons of times in the Adv Cult., Mushroom hunting and gourmet/edible forums. Do your hmework before you accuse someone. I don't threaten people either, liar.

Insomnia, your opinion is respected but the shroomery does have a policy against spamming. If it didn't this place would be one huge junk mail bin.

OfflineTaz
veteran
Re: Mushroom Off-topic Poll *IMPORTANT* [Re: ]
    #283120 - 03/31/01 04:24 PM (22 years, 11 months ago)

captainmax, I don't know you but, you have made some legit points here. and you are right I haven't seen you flame other dealers unless they flamed you first and it's human nature to defend your right. But everybody here should realize that we all come from different walks of life, therefore we will not all agree. that's what makes this site so great. If you all will stop and think about it, when a person comes here and reads all the arguments it's really up to that individual to draw his own conclusions. therefore i feel it's nessacary to have conflicts from time to time. everybody has away they favor growing. I won't change your mind and neither will any of you change mine. anyway that's just my 2 cents worth.

--------------------

Invisiblerebelmoon
enthusiast
    #283123 - 03/31/01 04:32 PM (22 years, 11 months ago)

"I enjoy posting myco-porn... its pure mushroom eye candy... and many many ppl enjoy it as well. Although some of these ppl are clearly jealous of it and they call me spamming."

its not spamming because you write what the growth parameters are, thats not the point. but it *is* fucking spam because you go on and on about the mushroom "strain" (tm) like we are reading a fucking advertisement for a product... and we are! ryche hawk mushrooms (tm) (c).

i would go find some quotes of you but it is too nauseating to read. you write these strain profiles like a fucking fetishist. no wonder you call it "porn". it is the same format as "look at this hot bitch. her cunt is so wet and look at those titties. last night she sporulated all over my sheets! cum to my website for hot sluts like these beauties. i have exotic bitches from all over the world: equador, ccambodia, thailand, australia... order now and get a fucking bitch of your own!"

yeah pretty fucking spiritual.

if you are going to go on and on like you do when you post "myco-porn" then put it in the vendor section. other people shouldnt have to post outside of the cultivation forum because their pictures arent product placements.

actually i dont even care if bio, 3m or psilocyber post pics in cultivation because they dont pull this shit either. but maybe they should just so that ryche hawk (tm) isnt justified in whining. other people post pics as part of the community whereas you post pics to up sales.
-daniel.

--------------------
"habit is the ballast that chains the dog to its vomit" - s beckett

InvisibleRussdogg
old hand

#283124 - 03/31/01 04:37 PM (22 years, 11 months ago)

I always thought the Aphex should put banners up for the spore vendors and kit makers. This would likely increase sales, and in return the vendors can send him some extra cash each month.

To get the best results with advertising you must reach the consumer that you are selling to. Nothing comes closer then the shroomery, to a spore suppliers advertising heaven:P

InvisibleRyche HawkV
A Messenger
Male User Gallery

#283130 - 03/31/01 04:47 PM (22 years, 11 months ago)

First off... me posting pictures of mushrooms is not spam.
I'm a cultivator as many of you are here. Just because I'm also a spore vendor does that now make any picture I take spam?

If everybody else can post their pictures here why cant I?
Just because i'm a spore supplier and have great pictures to share I'm now getting singled as my pictures being spam.
That is so biased and I think it stems from jealousy personally.

And if you do some looking around you will see I post some information here from time to time as well. If I didn't waste so much time with defending myself from this bullshit that you and a few others sling at me..that is time I could spend helping and sharing.

Psilocyber said nothing about me dodging answers. And I dont... I'm just not here every day like some of you are to reply to them.

Who is dodging answers McMan, you call my suggestions about giving Aphex a little money "junk i hashed up and spit out" you obviously dont give a damn now that the word is out about your MC.

Why dont you donate a little money from those sales to him. You used his board to advertise your product for months to get the word out about your MC and it worked.

And I think you should have done that. Personally I see nothing wrong with it. This place is about mushroom growing and how are ppl going to know about products for mushroom growing if we dont share them here, or somewhere.

Basically what your saying is you already did all your spamming and got the word out for your MC and now you dont want anybody else to do it? So what happens when you have something new again.. are you telling me your not going to post it here or DD ?

As for me giving Aphex money, I do it because I want to do it.
He owes me nothing.. he asks me for nothing and I ask him for nothing. Its done out of respect. I dont think Aphex even spends much time reading here.

If you dont want to see my pictures... dont look. Lots of ppl post pictures here, as I will continue to do. Just because I"m a spore supplier some of you call my pictures spam. Sounds more like jealousy to me. This place would be pretty bland without mushroom pictures.

Why do I always get sucked into this stupid shit with you. Its just a waste of time, again.

-Peace-
www.thehawkseye.com
Sacred Mushroom Spores

Edited by Ryche Hawk on 03/31/01 08:03 PM.

--------------------
-Peace-

www.thehawkseye.com

Anonymous

#283167 - 03/31/01 05:24 PM (22 years, 11 months ago)

Hey, anyone remember this................

Ahem.......

" GREETINGS FELLOW SHROOMERS........ TIRED OF GETTING WIMPY FLUSHES FROM WIMPY TEK'S THat don................. "

lol, total sales pitch

InvisibleThorA
Anti-Theist OVERLORD
Male User Gallery

#283189 - 03/31/01 06:02 PM (22 years, 11 months ago)

Wow, step away for a while and the bickering starts :smile:

Ok the new forum is a good idea, I think most people agree and it really makes sense to do it....

As for Ryche posting pics in mush cult, I'm not too sure whats the best way to handle this.... I of course love to see the pictures as does everybody else... But if we create a new forum, why is it such a big deal to post pics there? I mean everybody will check into that forum, so the pics will get seen...

Ryche's pics are different from everyday cultivators, he is a vendor and of course those kick ass pics act as an enticement for people to buy spores from him.... I love those pics and I know lots of people do, but I think it should be moved to the new forum so we are all under the same rules..

As for the moderators, we will have a vote on it, that should make everybody happy I think.... Can I hear some suggestions on nominations for moderators??

Cheers,

Thor......

Anonymous

#283193 - 03/31/01 06:05 PM (22 years, 11 months ago)

Hey, I vote CAPTAIN MAX!! lol

Seriously, I just had a thought, if anyone hasn't noticed... the 'spore exchange' forum is probably the DEADEST forum on the shroomery, rarely new posts, why not just make the ALREADY existing 'spore exchange' forum the 'sporepimp/exchange' forum... it makes sense to me...

thanks but no thanks taz, pavlov's dog doesn't want to moderate :^)

OfflineTaz
veteran
    #283194 - 03/31/01 06:06 PM (22 years, 11 months ago)

ralphster44, or pavlov's dog

--------------------

InvisibleRyche HawkV
A Messenger
Male User Gallery

#283201 - 03/31/01 06:26 PM (22 years, 11 months ago)

Hey RebelMoon, many times in the past after posting pictures ppl ask me what I think about the strain,, how fast it is.. how potent.. how visual... body noise etc..... so I just started including that with my posts to save the time of ppl haveing to ask it. Actually I dont do anymore because now some of you call it spam.

I've seen many many posts here ppl saying that my descriptions were right on.
If I just post the pics without saying much...then ppl say "why didn't you give cultivation information" " your just spamming us if you dont talk about how you grew it" etc.. etc.. etc...
And down in the thread... they will ask me the questions and I will answer.

IF I post the pictures with all of this information to begin with.... then you ppl call that spam as well. And some ppl like dystopian harbinger will go so far with their childish attitude as to post pictures of spam cans in that thread.

So you see, I cant win either way. I cant please everybody, but I'll try :) If you dont want to look at my pictures or threads then DONT!. There are hundereds of other threads here to read. But dont stop and look in my thread only to post a bunch of negative crap because your jealous or dont like my descriptions.

Thanks Thor... glad your enjoying the pictures as most ppl do.
But, I still disagree that just because I'm a spore vendor, I'm now forced to put my pictures in the spore vendor only section. I'm also a cultivator.
If i were to post a picture of our kit what it looks like before you buy it .. or a series of pictures of the whole process.. then yes.. that is sales post and belongs there.
What about ppl like Blue Honey (sorry to drag you into this babe :) .. she is now involved with selling compost.. but she enjoys posting her pics grown out on compost as well. And we all love those pics.. especially when she puts a personal touch on them (wink) ... but because she sells compost now... does that mean she has to post her pics there as well. If i'm asked to post my pictures in the spore vendor section only... then I think anybody that has anything to do with selling anything about mushroom growing around here needs to be posting their pictures there as well.
This is getting sticky... but a good resolution needs to be found. I post pictures of cultivated mushrooms.. .isnt that part of what Mushroom Cultivation section is about?

-Peace-
www.thehawkseye.com
Sacred Mushroom Spores

--------------------
-Peace-

www.thehawkseye.com

InvisibleThorA
Anti-Theist OVERLORD
Male User Gallery

#283206 - 03/31/01 06:32 PM (22 years, 11 months ago)

Ok, well we can have you police yourself to begin with.... I think the myco porn should be fine in mush cult as long you avoid the "sales pitch" part :smile: ...... Those pictures speak a thousand words anyways, you wouldn't even have to say a word to impress potential customers.....

I emailed Aphex, hopefully we'll get an answer soon... But we need nominations for Moderators...... :smile:

Cheers,

Thor......

Edited by Thor on 03/31/01 08:34 PM.

OfflineTaz
veteran
    #283207 - 03/31/01 06:35 PM (22 years, 11 months ago)

Pavlov's dog.

--------------------

InvisibleThorA
Anti-Theist OVERLORD
Male User Gallery

#283208 - 03/31/01 06:38 PM (22 years, 11 months ago)

There has to be 2 Moderators ...... If you guys can, pick 2 people......

Thanks,

Thor.....

OfflineTaz
veteran
    #283214 - 03/31/01 06:46 PM (22 years, 11 months ago)

thor...maybe you should start a new thread asking peoples vote on 2 moderators. you might get a good response this way. just sujesting....................................

--------------------

InvisibleThorA
Anti-Theist OVERLORD
Male User Gallery

#283216 - 03/31/01 06:51 PM (22 years, 11 months ago)

This is just prelminary, Aphex hasn't even said yes yet, so lets just get some ideas here and then I'll do another poll with the nominations when I get the OK from Aphex....

Cheers,

Thor.....

Cheech Wizard

Re: Childish? LoL [Re: Ryche Hawk]
    #283223 - 03/31/01 07:04 PM (22 years, 11 months ago)

The difference between a Vendor posting pictures of the mushrooms they grow and the novice posting pictures is VAST.

A novice takes on the cultivation as a journey, the end result being the sampling of their goods and the joy of growing them. Even an experienced grower still enjoys growing out strains or experimenting with new methods. They take pictures to share the joy of their new hobby or even the new strain they are growing, they share information helpful to someone growing in similar conditions. This could be simplified as Cultivation of Mushrooms for fun to share with the 'community'.

A vendor grows as a method of production. That product being the spores, yes the fruitbodies are used in various ways by each vendor but the primary goal is the production of more product, Spores. Any vendor with a digital camera and a minimal ammount of web-savvy will always have pictures of their production method that they can deluge the community with. And a simple way of saying this would be Cultivation Mushrooms to make profit from the 'community'.

Cultivation for Fun vs Cultivation for Profit
or mabye even...
Hobby Growing vs Commercial Production

I have no problem with a vendor breaking down detailed methodology of their system, pictures of each thing they do as they go about Mushroom Cultivation but once that method has been described and nothing new is contributed outside of "hey look at what just rolled off my mushroom assembly line" then they no longer belong in the mushroom cultivation forum.

Ryche its not that people "...stop and look in my thread only to post a bunch of negative crap because your (sic) jealous..." Its that not everybody has the ability or is going to construct a 10'L x 6"D x 7'H grow room out of PVC pipe, 6mm plastic, velcro to hold the plastic, large racks for shelves, very large humidifer, a heater for the winter and an in-line duct fan pushing through a hepa micron filter for positive clean air flow. Your 'show' to use a MJ cultivation term is not on a scale that most people here will attempt to duplicate and as a grower you have very little in common with most people here.

Ryche, you are a vendor you are here to make money off the community and ALL of your pictures and ALL of your products would be better suited for a space designated for other vendors or people who want to see your spore print production line in progress.

Enjoying your pictures for what they are and feeling that they are appropriate are two seperate issues. The argument "If you dont want to look at my pictures or threads then DONT!." is specious at best. Why do we even have moderators if thats the case because if you dont like looking at troll posts then dont read them, if you dont like looking at spam smeared all over the place then close your eyes, if you dont like seeing hippie plagarize other peoples 'teks' then ignore him.

SporePimps need their own forum, Sporepimp spam needs to not be intermixed with the cultivation, Problems with Spore Vendors and the shit they sell should also belong in that forum. Thats it.

--------------------
At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid.
-Nietzsche

InvisibleBrownPastures
old hand

Loc: here
    #283297 - 03/31/01 09:07 PM (22 years, 11 months ago)

My vote goes to Bluhoney. She kicks ASS

OfflineMNmyc
enthusiast

Loc: MN
Re: Mushroom Off-topic Poll *IMPORTANT* [Re: BrownPastures]
    #283309 - 03/31/01 09:46 PM (22 years, 11 months ago)

I second that, but only if it doesn't take too much time away from her posting. That would suck.

--------------------
Life is what happens while you're making other plans...

Offlinemorlahere
addict
Re: Mushroom Off-topic Poll *IMPORTANT* [Re: BrownPastures]
    #283321 - 03/31/01 10:20 PM (22 years, 11 months ago)

yaaay. bluehoney bluehoney

OfflineTaz
veteran
Re: Mushroom Off-topic Poll *IMPORTANT* [Re: morlahere]
    #283326 - 03/31/01 10:33 PM (22 years, 11 months ago)

quit spamming.

--------------------

Offlinemorlahere
addict
    #283332 - 03/31/01 10:39 PM (22 years, 11 months ago)

sorry, went right over the top of my head.

was that a joke?

OfflineTaz
veteran
Re: Mushroom Off-topic Poll *IMPORTANT* [Re: morlahere]
    #283337 - 03/31/01 10:44 PM (22 years, 11 months ago)

yeah

--------------------

OfflineTheTruth
    #283341 - 03/31/01 10:52 PM (22 years, 11 months ago)

Actually, the viewers to posters ratio is about average.

I vote for captain maxs hawaiian elfs!

OfflineTaz
veteran
Re: Mushroom Off-topic Poll *IMPORTANT* [Re: TheTruth]
    #283342 - 03/31/01 10:57 PM (22 years, 11 months ago)

"I vote for captain max" captainmax said ralphster couldn't be a mod because he sells spores. what do you think captainmax sells? tampax?

--------------------

InvisibleRussdogg
old hand

#283365 - 04/01/01 12:02 AM (22 years, 11 months ago)

This thread is the worst.
Its off-topic and doesn't belong in the cult forum.

As for Ryche's pics, they are awesome. Many people start growing just because of him. I think that his strain reports should be welcome here. This is a Mushroom Cultivation forum, and there is nothing more cultivation then pictures.
He also gives advice to people.

Everyone be nice, and get along.
I think the Hawk is handling this forum like a real buissness man.

P.S. Ralph.....I have some Thailand prints that I would like to donate to the cause.

InvisibleCarnelian
    #283376 - 04/01/01 12:23 AM (22 years, 11 months ago)

I vote for distopian, I think he would be a great moderator, and don't think he's biased, I think bluehoney would be good too, she's cool and fair, I don't think she's trying to start a compost business. Actually I'm sure anyone would take their job seriously even ralphster. I don't think it matters much. But I really think distopian would do a good job.

Oh yea, and thanks thor for being a super moderator.

InvisibleRussdogg
old hand

#283387 - 04/01/01 12:33 AM (22 years, 11 months ago)

Hey Carnelian.............

is that a sock I smell?

Put it back in your closet.

InvisibleCarnelian
Re: Mushroom Off-topic Poll *IMPORTANT* [Re: Russdogg]
    #283400 - 04/01/01 12:53 AM (22 years, 11 months ago)

What was that supposed to mean, if you think I'm dysto's sock puppet, your wrong, I'm sure dysto is someone's sock puppet, but obviously an intelligent one's.

Cheech Wizard

#283433 - 04/01/01 03:10 AM (22 years, 11 months ago)

I am flattered Carnelian but I am far too flawed to moderate. I happen to suffer from being an arrogant sarcastic prick. Actually, I rarely suffer from it, others do...but thank you anyway.

--------------------
-Nietzsche

InvisibleThorA
Anti-Theist OVERLORD
Male User Gallery

Re: Mushroom Off-topic Poll *IMPORTANT* [Re: Russdogg]
    #283436 - 04/01/01 03:58 AM (22 years, 11 months ago)

Quote by Russdogg "This thread is the worst.
Its off-topic and doesn't belong in the cult forum."

LOL... Well thats the reason for this poll, its to have another forum for off-topic or spore vendor discussions.... Hopefully the new forum will cut down on OT stuff and allow a place for vendors to promote and announce anything they please...

Cheers,

Thor.....

Anonymous

#283619 - 04/01/01 02:51 PM (22 years, 11 months ago)

Yes psilocyber, i've noticed alot of politician's on the shroomery lately

InvisibleThorA
Anti-Theist OVERLORD
Male User Gallery

#283913 - 04/02/01 12:41 AM (22 years, 11 months ago)

OK, I removed the thread from "sticky" status, so its just a normal post now.... I think everything has been said, I'll let everyone know what Aphex says, and if need be we'll vote on new moderators for that forum, unless of course Aphex just picks them himself.....

Thanks for all the comments!

Thor........

Invisibleralphster44
collector
 User Gallery

#284462 - 04/02/01 09:12 PM (22 years, 11 months ago)

--------------------
www.RalphstersSpores.com

Anonymous

#284548 - 04/02/01 11:55 PM (22 years, 11 months ago)

You can't be the mod ralfster. Youre the worst spammer of all!

We need someone who is NEUTRAL.

Anonymous

#284550 - 04/03/01 12:02 AM (22 years, 11 months ago)

I'd say when spores are 'FREE, that THATS pretty 'NUETRAL' max, I mean think about it, i'm sure ralph isn't worried about 'losing customers'

Anonymous

#284682 - 04/03/01 08:18 AM (22 years, 11 months ago)

Actually Pav, if you havn't noticed, he charges now. And no, he wouldn't be worried about losing customers, who'd only be thier to steal them. No wonder he wants to be mod so bad, I should throw my own name in the ring!

InvisibleOptional Identity
    #284689 - 04/03/01 08:31 AM (22 years, 11 months ago)

Captain Max is right about this one. Ralph has now back doored his way into being a spore supplier. And he spammed the cultivation forum to do it.

"The time for words and half measures is over." This has always been a spam trap and always will be a spam trap. And if people would stop complaining the spam threads would fall to the bottom anywa.

--------------------
----------------------------------------
Copy and Paste Personality Here

InvisibleThorA
Anti-Theist OVERLORD
Male User Gallery

#284916 - 04/03/01 02:55 PM (22 years, 11 months ago)

Sounds like a good idea, I was thinking of putting together something for not only this new "Spore Vendor" forum, but also one for Mushroom Cultivation.....

If anybody is keen on helping out, I would love to get some input on rules for BOTH forums.... As it is obvious we bicker about pretty well everything, we might as well make it clear so nobody has to get upset :smile:

Cheers,

Thor....

Invisibleralphster44
collector
 User Gallery

#284992 - 04/03/01 05:26 PM (22 years, 11 months ago)

--------------------
www.RalphstersSpores.com

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale