Home | Community | Message Board

Zamnesia.com
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinebarfightlard
tales of theinexpressible
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Canoodia
WOW this movie is a must watch for all of you
    #3965880 - 03/24/05 07:19 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

This movie had me laughing, crying, wondering, just feeling pure amazment and so many other things I can't explain.

It's call "What The Bleep Do We Know".  I think all of you will truely enjoy this movie!!!!  it really hit me in so many way ways :laugh:

forgot to add this.  i thought it was a strange coincidence that a realization i had today was an idea braught up in this movie. 

This morning I was feeling generally happy and just felt good and while looking at myself in the mirror i realized that while i was filled with whatever kind of positive energy i had I found myself to look more attractive.  It was really strange when an idea dealing with this came up in the movie.

Edited by bellylard (03/24/05 08:16 PM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisibletekramrepus
Female User Gallery
Re: WOW this movie is a must watch for all of you [Re: barfightlard]
    #3965904 - 03/24/05 07:25 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

I really liked it too...good movie.

however, seems like everyone here (or the majority) think its a cult based film, with nothing but propaganda.

who knows, maybe. Sounds truthful to me though, and makes sense.

Invisibletrick

Loc: unknown
Re: WOW this movie is a must watch for all of you [Re: tekramrepus]
    #3965965 - 03/24/05 07:38 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

ramtha cult members.

please refer to this thread http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat...rue#Post3948111

InvisibleeMotionALLmotion
DivineeMotive....

Loc: The Symphony of Lights......
Do the Do....? The, Do The, Do..... [Re: trick]
    #3965993 - 03/24/05 07:44 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

What is the meaning of everyone in that thread bolding "The" and "Do"....?    Something to do with the movie....?

:sun:

--------------------
Uni-VersALL      MasterPeace
eMotive  :sun: Divinity NowThere Infinity :sun:  eMelody

Offlinebarfightlard
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: WOW this movie is a must watch for all of you [Re: trick]
    #3966022 - 03/24/05 07:56 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

ok,say it is a cult film, whats their agenda that people disagree with?.

i couldnt percieve any of the ideas that were presented to me as being anything other than thought provoking and having the intetion of getting people to become more in touch with themselves and realizing that we all are spiritual beings with the ability to grow if we choose to recognize it and persue it......

i dont see where the negative judgments of this film are comming from. anyone who feels this way please explain, im curious to hear why.

--------------------

"What business is it of yours what I do, read, buy, see, say, think, who I fuck, what I take into my body - as long as I do not harm another human being on this planet?" - Bill Hicks

Invisiblemuistrue
Inspired by the mystery
 User Gallery

Loc: Behind the Redwoods
Re: WOW this movie is a must watch for all of you [Re: eMotionALLmotion]
    #3966083 - 03/24/05 08:15 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

I posted in that thread and had nothing to do with bolding any words. Someone is obviously tampering with the thread. I don't appreciate someone changing anything in my or anyone elses post without explaining why. Can any moderators shed any light on this?

Bellylard If you read that thread a few people explain where the negative judgments come from, and I posted 2 reviews that also shed some light on why the film is frowned upon.

--------------------

Offlinebarfightlard
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: WOW this movie is a must watch for all of you [Re: muistrue]
    #3966147 - 03/24/05 08:42 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

It seems that some people didn't like the movie because they thought it distorted science. So what? Whats so important about our precious science?

While watching that movie the science behind their ideas didn't have any impact on what I got out of the movie. I didn't care about the science at all. Science, math, or whatever, is just a way humans try and understand the existance in which we percieve. Just because the laws those teachings can explain some things to us doesn't mean they are truth or right. It's just something that allows us to explain why some things in our existance happen in a we can understand. Sure, it can be useful for some things but I wouldn't rely on it for finding the answeres.

Maybe I have no idea what im talking about and im ramlbing on incoherently and sound like an imbicil to some of you. I have trouble explaining myself.... I just don't think we are going to find the answers we are looking for so easily, or perhaps not at all. Might just be that it's not within our ability to do so yet, but could be sometime, but we would have to change and grow in ways, but nobody knows in what ways. Which is why ideas like this are needed.

They are just interesting ideas. I'd like to see more of these because I think it makes life more intresting. If people take them in as absolute truth well then they are just setting up themselves for another illusion that helps fill in what may never be complete.

hahah i dunno I don't think im right. im just sharing some thoughts

sorry for most likely wasting your time if you read that bullshit

--------------------

"What business is it of yours what I do, read, buy, see, say, think, who I fuck, what I take into my body - as long as I do not harm another human being on this planet?" - Bill Hicks

Edited by bellylard (03/24/05 08:44 PM)

OfflinePed
Interested In Your Brain
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Canada
Re: WOW this movie is a must watch for all of you [Re: muistrue]
    #3966166 - 03/24/05 08:48 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

>> i couldnt percieve any of the ideas that were presented to me as being anything other than thought provoking and having the intetion of getting people to become more in touch with themselves and realizing that we all are spiritual beings with the ability to grow if we choose to recognize it and persue it......

It seemed to me that the intention of the movie was indeed to help people get in touch with themselves, reminding them that they are not as limited as they might believe, and encouraging them to grow to their fullest spiritual potential. That was very beautiful.

The problem with the movie is that it uses quack-science, half-truths or non-truths to accompish that goal. It's an insult to people's intelligence, and those who are inspired by the movie at first may become very lost, confused, and discouraged when they discover how the ideas presented in the film, though very true and meaningful, were supported by false or misleading data. They will lose their faith, because it is a film of such poor factual integrity. As such, it will probably do more harm than good in the long run.

>> I posted in that thread and had nothing to do with bolding any words. Someone is obviously tampering with the thread. I don't appreciate someone changing anything in my or anyone elses post without explaining why. Can any moderators shed any light on this?

When we use the "Search" function to find a thread, the forum software automatically emboldens and italicizes all the key words that were searched for. If a user searches for "What the Bleep Do We Know", the forum will create a list of threads containing those words and organize them by the closest match to the arrangement of the original search query. All of the words in the search query will appear as bold and italic. The thread has not been tampered with. It is a search feature.

--------------------

:poison: Dark Triangles - New Psychedelic Techno Single - Listen on Soundcloud :poison:
Gyroscope full album available SoundCloud or MySpace

Offlinebarfightlard
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: WOW this movie is a must watch for all of you [Re: Ped]
    #3966217 - 03/24/05 09:06 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Once again they couldn't have been really distorting "truth" in science because science can't prove itself to be true. But in general mis-leading people even with things we as a whole have come to accept as true,though they may not be, isn't the best way to get your ideas across.

So, if you can get past the bullshit in this movie I think it has some great ideas to offer.

--------------------

Edited by bellylard (03/24/05 09:07 PM)

OfflineGomp
¡(Bound to·(O))be free!
Male User Gallery

Loc: I re·side [primarily] in...
Re: Do the Do....? The, Do The, Do..... [Re: eMotionALLmotion]
    #3966244 - 03/24/05 09:14 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Code:
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=0&Board=Forum11&Number=3948111&Searchpage=1&Main=3947507&Words=ramtha%2C+[b]the[/b]+bleep+[b]do[/b]+&topic=&Search=true#Post3948111

--------------------

--------------------
Disclaimer!?

Edited by Gomp (03/24/05 09:15 PM)

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology