Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Offlineshr00m
junglisT 2 thefUll3st

weird/cant explain when goin to bed.
    #1596777 - 05/31/03 05:32 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

i dont know if this is the right place to post but oh well.

sometimes when i am trying to sleep i feel like i cannot move my body and i am in some other altered state. its very weird. i have never tried any psychedelic before.
and i dont know what it is. i just lay down on my bed and it feels like something is grabbing me down and i am forced to download information of evil thoughts or something. i have no idea what it is.

anyone have similiar problems? its very hard to explain.

--------------------
the only constant is change~ life goes on. so theres no point in staying back because you can always catch up. try,hope, and understand!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblebuckwheat
Cynically Insane

Loc: Not Enough Characters to ...
Re: weird/cant explain when goin to bed. [Re: shr00m]
    #1596825 - 05/31/03 06:14 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

its called sleep paralysis its happend to me before its scary isnt it.what happens is when you fall asleep your body is paralisized but sometimes you wake up and yore body is still paralisized .

Invisiblebuckwheat
Cynically Insane

Re: weird/cant explain when goin to bed. [Re: buckwheat]
    #1596841 - 05/31/03 06:29 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

the part about being held down i guess is the mecanism so you fully wake up.when it happend to me i felt the presence of some thing evil in the room then i saw a hand grab my wrist and wouldent let go then i felt what it looked like it was very similar to those hooded faceless guys in the lord of the rings but it was purple. i sleep facing downwards so instead of being held down he was pulling my neck upwards it felt like my soul was being ripped out of my body i thought i was dieng.then it stopped and i was flying so it went from pure terror to pure bliss then i screamed im flying im flying!! then i woke up.

so dont worry its very common.do a search on sleep paralyisis

Offlineshr00m
junglisT 2 thefUll3st

#1596864 - 05/31/03 06:45 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

oh. its pretty weird. i sleep looking up the wall. so it does feel like im being held down. and when i "wake" up from it it feels very weird.

as if we were in a different version. in fact it is quite scary but i find it quite enjoyable. the first time it happened to me i freaked out so bad i couldnt sleep again. i "waked" up and i jsut ran to get the lights on and didnt know what the hell happened.

the only one thing i can say to describe it is "weird"..
i can normally get out of it by using my own methods which I can't explain. as if it was some sort of other secret language that humans cant understand. i jus tknow how to get out of it and im trying to learn how to get "into" it. i have created this "sleep paralysis" more then at least 5 times and it is very interesting.,

--------------------
the only constant is change~ life goes on. so theres no point in staying back because you can always catch up. try,hope, and understand!

OfflineDailyPot
Trip'n Time

Loc: Florida
    #1596896 - 05/31/03 07:02 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

I'd like to learn how to experiance it. Everyone describes it as something horrible but I still feel like I'm missing out by never having it...

Offlinekristina420
kronickrissy
Loc: Alberta
Re: weird/cant explain when goin to bed. [Re: DailyPot]
    #1596918 - 05/31/03 07:36 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

ive had this happen to me on numerous occasions...it hasnt happened in a while tho....what happened to me was that when i was going to sleep, sometimes, when i was almost sleeping and all of a sudden my body would start rocking back and forth, and when i try to stop i cant. I remember the first time it happened i tried to scream but couldnt talk either....i just had to really wake myself and pull myself out of that postion. every other time it happened the same thing would happen, id start rocking,wouldnt be able to talk.....its weird.

another time i had a similar type thing, but this type i was really half sleeping and "dreamt" like i was on one of those tilt-a-whirl thingys, cuz it felt like i was being sucked into my pillow and spinning but i was half awake....it was kinda fun but really weird

--------------------

OfflineMurex
Reality Hacker

Loc: Traped in a shell.
    #1597091 - 05/31/03 09:43 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

I don't think it's a bad experience at all. If you go with the flow and concentrate/medatate while paralyzed, you can look forward to a much stranger, but awesome contiousness.......like between waking contiousness and sleep. When I did it, the air was all static-like and I could hear radio signals and people talking. I did it without drugs and was astonished at what happened.

Try not to fear it, not matter how scary it gets.  :wink:

--------------------
What if everything around you
Isn't quite as it seems?
What if all the world you think you know,
Is an elaborate dream?
And if you look at your reflection,
Is it all you want it to be?

Invisiblebuckwheat
Cynically Insane

Re: weird/cant explain when goin to bed. [Re: Murex]
    #1597137 - 05/31/03 10:09 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

dude you were just paralyzed ive done that before its pretty cool its so differnt from a lucid dream.but when you get the grim ripper choking you thers no way you can not be scared. it realy feels like your dyieng and the pain is horrible id rather be burned alive. i dont know why sometimes your paralyzed and you can control it, but when the grim reaper comes it happens fast you just cant control it.

Offlineshr00m
junglisT 2 thefUll3st

#1598091 - 06/01/03 11:52 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

no grim reaper at all. its just what yourmind thinks. i "used" to have an image of someone holding me back down. but after thinking about it and all it was my mind creating these images. everytime i have sleep paralyisis i just remind my self their is no one holding me down and i dont see anyone.

--------------------

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
    #1598585 - 06/01/03 03:27 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

I think if you stop being scared and alamed when this happens.. if you get rid of the panic, you may start to notice way more interesting stuff is available than just "evil thoughts."

What are these "evil thoughts?"

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
    #1599177 - 06/01/03 06:54 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

" i "used" to have an image of someone holding me back down."

There are all kinds of references and images in old artwork of people waking up to demons or other on their chests, holding them down. Things like this are a common hallucination that goes along with sleep paralysis.

It's quite the curious brain quirk.

--------------------
"I have no valid complaint against hustlers. No rational bitch. But the act of selling is repulsive to me. I harbor a secret urge to whack a salesman in the face, crack his teeth and put red bumps around his eyes." -Hunter S Thompson
http://phluck.is-after.us

Anonymous

Re: weird/cant explain when goin to bed. [Re: Phluck]
    #1599305 - 06/01/03 07:40 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

this happened to me before. i felt like i couldn't move and then some "evil" presence was throwing me about the room and i tried to yell and nothing came out... i tried to move but i was completely paralyzed.

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension
    #1599466 - 06/01/03 08:36 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

This is your own subconscious fears holding you down. It comes from within.
Do not resist, do not be afraid. Face your fears head on, with love. Go with the flow, that is the only way. Learn from your fears, do not be restrained by them.

--------------------

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Re: weird/cant explain when goin to bed. [Re: Phluck]
    #1599467 - 06/01/03 08:36 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

"There are all kinds of references and images in old artwork of people waking up to demons or other on their chests, holding them down. Things like this are a common hallucination that goes along with sleep paralysis."

Yeah that's actually where the term "Nightmare" came from - Night Mare; an old evil hag who would come to you in your sleep, sit on your chest and breathe freaky hallucinations at you :wink:

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.

Offlineshr00m
junglisT 2 thefUll3st

Re: weird/cant explain when goin to bed. [Re: Strumpling]
    #1599780 - 06/01/03 09:54 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

haha. like i've said before. i am ENJOYing these feelings now. and i am not resisting or anything.

thx for all the great replys :laugh:
totally gNarisM!

--------------------

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
    #1600342 - 06/02/03 01:29 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

yeah man its awesome if you stay relaxed - as long as you remember that your body is in "normality," you can go through all sorts of awesome shit :wink:

--------------------

OfflineJuR
    #1600901 - 06/02/03 08:47 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

sleep paralysis is something I experience from time to time.
But how about buzzing noises and infernal screaming that just gets louder and louder as you fall asleep. That shit really freaks me out.
It goes like.

Najlajalaj nalajlaja (for several seconds and then it gets like)
NANANANANAN JhAJHAJ NANANANANAN AHAJAH WOHOOOROTOOT

shit like that realy creepy

Offlinezoomerite
Stranger
Re: weird/cant explain when goin to bed. [Re: JuR]
    #1601137 - 06/02/03 10:55 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

If you keep meditating and concentrate on staying awake when in sleep paralysis, you can project. That shit is really hardcore!!

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Re: weird/cant explain when goin to bed. [Re: JuR]
    #1601593 - 06/02/03 01:52 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

I think that's your subconscious trying to drag you into a dream :wink:

--------------------

Anonymous

#1602698 - 06/02/03 08:03 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

This is your own subconscious fears holding you down. It comes from within.
Do not resist, do not be afraid. Face your fears head on, with love. Go with the flow, that is the only way. Learn from your fears, do not be restrained by them.   

exactly, the hooded figure represents your fears.  YOu are dealing with them nicely, the only way to get rid of them.

Something you need to know, Shr00m, something nobody is telling you.....is that sleep paralysis is the beginning of an OUT OF BODY EXPERIENCE :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:.  When you start to feel the "vibrations"(because i know you do feel a surge when you are paralyzed, something you didnt tell us) keep your mind DETACHED and CALM, you should begin to feel yourself float out of your body(the "pressure" may become unbearable, but it goes away once you get used to letting your body go, the pressure will build hard on your chest or head and soon, your out :smile: ).  Once you feel you are floating in the middle of the room somewhere, if everything is still black, think in your head "i am going to see now" say something to tell your mind you want to be able to see.  then you can be on your way!

hopefully you hear me out, cuz you have the potential to do things others can not.

peace

Edited by Kottonmouth (06/02/03 08:06 PM)

Offlineshr00m
junglisT 2 thefUll3st

Re: weird/cant explain when goin to bed. [Re: ]
    #1602958 - 06/02/03 09:20 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

yes i have had an out of body experience.(maybe a bit)
this may seem like a lie but I also experienced a Out of body experience when smoking weed.

I was listening to some hendrix.(all along the watchtower to be exact(my fav song)) and I was pretty damn stoned. and i was just enjoying the music and some trippy stuff started happening. I felt like i was on a roller coaster and I felt like I was above on my room going down. but it wasn't as strong as when I have sleep paralysis.

I am seriously going to try and have another sleep paralysis moment. It seems as if I can get into this by my own methods I just really can't explain. but I can do it but I have yet to have a strong out of body experience. just minor ones.

:laugh:

--------------------

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
    #1613921 - 06/06/03 03:09 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

once you have an OOBE they can be "emulated" by the mind almost "at will."

--------------------

Offlinesymantic
Stranger

#1614061 - 06/06/03 05:30 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

I had the axact smae experience last night.. just as I'm falling asleep... I wake up only to find I'm locked tight and it feels like there is something is holding me down.. 'I've also had expereinces where I'm turned on my side.. and something is being pushed into my back.. as I try to turn to see.. I hear a voice and it says.. 'don't turn around' .. I try again and again but then I am not able to move anything and the voice keeps saying 'don't turn around'.. the only way to get out of the nightmare/dream is to relax and try to fall asleep...

Kottonmouth ?... what can you expect to see.. if you manage to get out of your body... I would like to be able to experience an OBE but it does frighten me... what is the purpose of this ability...

--------------------
reality is the part of the imaginatio we all agree on

OfflineRiderGZ
Stranger
Re: weird/cant explain when goin to bed. [Re: symantic]
    #1614085 - 06/06/03 06:24 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Anyone have any stories about OBEs while on weed?

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom