Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineAbeZard
Loc: Charleston, SC
Psilocybe cyanescens in NC mountains?
    #388929 - 09/08/01 07:55 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

Hmmmm . . need a little ID help here. I took pictures, but can't post them until I get back home tomorrow night.
With wavy caramel colored caps, cinnamon gills, and off-white stems, they look exactly like the pictures I've seen of psi. cyans. They were growing next to a decaying tree out of the ground next to a mountain trail. I saw only the faintest possible trace of bluish bruising, though.
I am taking a spore print tonight.
Is it possible it could be psi. cyans in the NC mountains? Are there other ID factors I haven't considered or near lookalikes I haven't considered?
Thanks in advance,

Abe Zaardvark
From historic coastal town in Southeast

--------------------
Abe Zaardvark

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinetchyted
miestro
Loc: WA near seattle
Re: Psilocybe cyanescens in NC mountains? [Re: AbeZard]
    #388937 - 09/08/01 08:17 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

wild cyans I have collected, that had white stems, bruised blue within about a half hour and it was obvious.

DO NOT INJEST WITHOUT FURTHER VERIFICATION1

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
Re: Psilocybe cyanescens in NC mountains? [Re: tchyted]
    #389064 - 09/08/01 11:36 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

Psilocybe cyanescens bruises blue within one to two minutes after picking them. A half an hour makes no sense.

ANd they are extremely rare in a wild environment. In fact there are only three persons in thirty years who have found them in the wild and never more than a total of ten to fifteen specimens.. They grow abundanly in man-made environments and are scarce in a natural habitat.

have a shroomy day and it is way too early anywhere for P. cyanescens.

mj

Have a shroomy day and may all of your days be shroomy.

InvisibleZen Peddler
Male User Gallery

Loc: orbit
Re: Psilocybe cyanescens in NC mountains? [Re: mjshroomer]
    #389186 - 09/09/01 03:19 AM (22 years, 6 months ago)

Ps. Cyans stain blue almost instantly upon picking, have a very white stem often covered with a sticky membrane, and an olive brown cap. Poisonous Galerina look similar, and have an off white stem, so be careful...
As for Ps. Cyans -
These babies are NASTY potent - three grams dried sent me to Jupiter - and Im talking total disassociation, loss of personality, loss of belief in my own existence, conviction that other people had played a trick on me to sell my soul, conviction that I had somehow done something 'evil' that had somehow 'let everybody down', conviction that I was actually an alien, loss of ability to speak or stand, dizziness and completely blurred vision, inability to recognize people I know well, inability to remember where I was, etc, etc - great auditary hallucinations, including strange flangy sounds and screams...I also saw strong visuals, like horns on people and alien eyes on my friend.
The trip takes longer to come on too, so your more prone to eating too many... They are actually nice in smaller doses - say level 3...
Im sticking to lesser Psilocybes / and or lesser doses of Ps. Cyanescens in the future.. :-)

--------------------

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Re: Psilocybe cyanescens in NC mountains? [Re: Zen Peddler]
    #389255 - 09/09/01 08:40 AM (22 years, 6 months ago)

Blue meanie,

Galerina species have orange-cinnamon colored stems, not off-white.

mj

OfflineAbeZard
Loc: Charleston, SC
    #389259 - 09/09/01 09:02 AM (22 years, 6 months ago)

OK, the overnight spore print was rust-colored, so into the toilet they went.
THey did look SO much like the pics I've seen of cyans that I'll stick post the pictures for education purposes.
Are their ANY hallucinogenic mushrooms in the NC mountains.

Abe Zaardvark

--------------------
Abe Zaardvark

OfflineWorkmanV
1999 Spore War Veteran
Male User Gallery

Loc: Oregon, USA
Trusted Identifier
    #389300 - 09/09/01 10:56 AM (22 years, 6 months ago)

Good job checking that spore color. It is one of the best ways to avoid major health problems. You can almost always make yourself see a bluing reaction but its harder to convince yourself that a rust colored print is actually blackish purple.

The Spore Works
Exotic Spore Supply

--------------------
Research funded by the patrons of
The Spore Works
Exotic Spore Supply

My Instagram
Reinvesting 25% of Sales Towards Basic Research and Species Identification :amanitajar:

Offlinetchyted
miestro
Loc: WA near seattle
    #389450 - 09/09/01 02:24 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

i agree about the time for blueing, my half hour was a bit stretching it. i also used the term "wild" a bit loosely, to mean any outdoor bed that does not appear to have been deliberatly cultivated.

sorry about confusion.

InvisibleZen Peddler
Male User Gallery

#389760 - 09/09/01 08:35 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

Galerina have yellowy/orange stems - the reason i termed them as 'off white' was that the original post described them as that - if they aren't white, then they are 'off white'...:-)
I have also found that this variety does not stain blue quickly, but over a period of time (say half an hour)

Edited by bluemeanie on 09/09/01 09:38 PM.

--------------------

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Re: Psilocybe cyanescens in NC mountains? [Re: Zen Peddler]
    #389987 - 09/10/01 05:23 AM (22 years, 6 months ago)

A quote from Bluemeanie I wanted to also correct:

"Ps. Cyans stain blue almost instantly upon picking, have a very white stem often covered with a sticky membrane, and an olive brown cap."

The stem of P. cyanescens does not and never has had a sticky membrane on them., It is the cap which has a sticky pelicus and can sometimes be peeled off. Not heavy on cyans like liberty caps.

And the caps color of P. cyanescens is chestnut to caramel brown, not olive-brown. I do not know whos book you read but your information is not very relable.

mj

InvisibleZen Peddler
Male User Gallery

#390045 - 09/10/01 07:55 AM (22 years, 6 months ago)

hahah! Im talking from personal experience - Olive is not the correct colouring of the caps of Ps. Cyanescens - they are definately carmamel in colouring...Sorry 'olive' was not the correct word. ;-)
Ps. Cyanescens that I have collected - and they number over 200 - have a definate slimy membrane on BOTH their stem and cap...These were all considerably wet specimens, and smaller specimens stained intensely blue on picking - fruits later in the year did not stain blue significantly, yet held similar potency.
Oh, and I can still tell you that I have found a blue-ringing strain in Victoria, Australia - And if you were to come back to Australia in say July of next year , I could guarantee it.

--------------------

InvisibleZen Peddler
Male User Gallery

And some piccys: [Re: Zen Peddler]
    #390060 - 09/10/01 08:10 AM (22 years, 6 months ago)

sorry its a bit dark:

Possible blueringer??

From This piccy:

--------------------

Offlinedoo
addict -crazy as a shithouse rat
 User Gallery

Loc: Slingshit, China
    #390395 - 09/10/01 04:02 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

AbeZard, I've heard that psilocybe caerulipes can be found in the Great Smoky Mountains,although I have never personally found any or seen any that came from there.P.caerulipes can probably be easier found in man-made areas (hardwood mulch),much like Mj states that ps.cyanescens is found in the Northwest.

doo

No matter how hard you try, you can't make chicken salad out of chicken shit.

--------------------
- Arguing with a woman, is like trying to blow out a light bulb-

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck