Home | Community | Message Board

RVF Garden Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> The Pub

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Salvia, San Pedro

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinedumbsnake34
Crazy Dude
Being responsible
    #3739076 - 02/06/05 03:29 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

So recently I have been thinking about drug laws and such. I live in the USA and ofourse I am not a big fan of how things are with drugs, but I had a thought. While it may be annoying that drugs are controlled to the extent they are, it really is our fault. As a community, druggies are pretty irresponsible. It is these irresponsible people that make my life much harder because my desire to responsibly to drugs can't happen. Sure in an ideal world people wouldn't get all in each other's business, but when you agree to live in a society, you must agree to certain conventions, and to the majority of people in our society there really isn't a whole lot of differnce among druggies and individual drugs. As long as us responsible users allow people to be irresponsible about their use of drugs, drugs will remain illegal and will see ever increasing sentences. And frankly, I can't say that I blame the average citizen when they see how careless many people are. How should they know that some people are responsible? The responsible ones are the minority. Anyway, enough of my rant. I hope you all have a wonderful day and peace be with you. Always remember that your irresponsible actions are paid for by everyone, not just yourself. Peace.

--------------------
mmmm, daydreaming

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleShroomOmatic
Ethno Apprentice
Male User Gallery
Loc: Sailing the Seas of Chees...
Re: Being responsible [Re: dumbsnake34]
    #3739135 - 02/06/05 03:48 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

You make a good point. Alot of the reasons for them being illeagle are abuse and misuse. There will alwase be some punkass kid who does something stupid and ruens it for us all. Which in the long run will prob cause our few legal alturnatives to become illeagle, such as salvia. Its just a matter of time. Good point though.

ShroomOmatic

--------------------

OfflineSynapticMisfire
Stranger

Re: Being responsible [Re: ShroomOmatic]
    #3739232 - 02/06/05 04:19 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

I agree with you to some extent; however, substance abuse and irresponsible people are not entirely at fault for the current drug situation in America. The government wants you to watch T.V., drink beer, buy things, and go to work everyday, just like the mass majority of people. How would this be possible if people actually realized how much they are getting fucked in the asses everyday. They don't want psychedelics to be legal because people might actually start thinking, which to them, is a very bad thing. The truth is, we live in an imperialistic nation that condemns spirituality, philosophical ideation, and exploration of the mind. I realized this at a very young age; before consuming any hallucinogenic substance.

--------------------

Offlinechupucabras
Stranger
Loc: South Wales
Re: Being responsible [Re: SynapticMisfire]
    #3747419 - 02/07/05 09:53 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

As I understand it, prohibition originally came about more as a result of pure prejudice than any legitimate scientific reasoning. Also consider that at that time, there were VASTLY fewer people with a real problem with drugs (ie. heroin addicts etc. - most heroin addicts in the 20s were apparently doctors who just dipped into their own supply).

Dan

InvisibleDark_Star
dick butterfly
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Kratmandu
Re: Being responsible [Re: SynapticMisfire]
    #3747761 - 02/07/05 10:53 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

SynapticMisfire said:
I agree with you to some extent; however, substance abuse and irresponsible people are not entirely at fault for the current drug situation in America.  The government wants you to watch T.V., drink beer, buy things, and go to work everyday, just like the mass majority of people. How would this be possible if people actually realized how much they are getting fucked in the asses everyday. They don't want psychedelics to be legal because people might actually start thinking, which to them, is a very bad thing. The truth is, we live in an imperialistic nation that condemns spirituality, philosophical ideation, and exploration of the mind. I realized this at a very young age; before consuming any hallucinogenic substance.

^^^^^^^Right on.  :peace:

--------------------

OfflineIrishNation
The Color Verde

Re: Being responsible [Re: Dark_Star]
    #3747856 - 02/07/05 11:06 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Actually prohibition was not put into action as a result of prejudice. It was more of a question of morality and effiency. Most people who disliked acohol were religious or wanted a work place to run more smoothly. "when the men went away to war, women passed prohibition". anyways, it is a correct assumption to make that a vast majority of other drugs were banned because of prejudice. Drugs such as opium (chinese) and marijuana ( mexicans). People felt threatened by their immigration and so passed laws to make them seem like horrible people...
halluciongens were banned because of a combination of things. first, college kids everywhere were taking it. It became a sort of fad...parents and "intellectuals'' became threatened and so decided to put an end to the counter-culture. stories were invented about acid heads and the horrible things it does to your brain...after inconclusive evidence about the effects...lsd was banned shortly after the testing of Dr.leary.
So yes... some irresponsiblity caused the banning of drugs...but also some ignorance and a lot of fear of the unknown

( I only assert these facts because im in a US history class right now that delves deeply into this subject)

OfflineJTHM
Stranger of theLand
Loc: Still trying to figure it...
Re: Being responsible [Re: IrishNation]
    #3747873 - 02/07/05 11:09 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

good point. its a wonder that alcohol is still legal with all the irresponsible people that drink.

InvisibleDark_Star
dick butterfly

Re: Being responsible [Re: IrishNation]
    #3747994 - 02/07/05 11:26 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Interestingly enough, the women of the temperance movement used  laudanum.  :lol:

--------------------

InvisibleEvilEwok
Stranger
    #3748003 - 02/07/05 11:27 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

And remember the news only reports bad things about illegal drugs.

Do you see the news reporting my great level 3 trip that helped me change my life for the better, while I smoked some green :stoned:? No.

But you will see on the news how a kid goes crazy and fucks some sheep on acid. (I made that up)

--------------------
Now go Home.

OfflineDimmy
Josephacetious
 User Gallery

Loc: Georgia
Re: Being responsible [Re: EvilEwok]
    #3752446 - 02/08/05 09:05 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

the way i see it is... the public thinks that  drugs are illegal because they think the drugs are dangerous i.e. physically dangerous, addiction, etc. the government has certain drugs be illegal (LSD, mushrooms, DMT, mescaline, etc) because they are a threat to it. these drugs force reconsideration of ideas and beliefs, they force you to think. with such thought comes ideas about changing the status quo. the government doesn't want you to fuck with it, so its fucking with you to make sure it wont' be fucked with. no matter what something is getting fucked.  :doggystyle: there's a whole lotta fucking goin round...

--------------------
:goose:

Invisibledressel11
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: Milky Way
Re: Being responsible [Re: EvilEwok]
    #3752467 - 02/08/05 09:11 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

EvilEwok said:
And remember the news only reports bad things about illegal drugs.

Do you see the news reporting my great level 3 trip that helped me change my life for the better, while I smoked some green :stoned:? No.

But you will see on the news how a kid goes crazy and fucks some sheep on acid. (I made that up)

sounds about right. and despite all the medical uses for some illegal drugs the government is all one sised in sayig there bad no matter what.

Offlinekadakuda
The Great"Green".......East
 User Gallery

Loc: Asia
    #3753282 - 02/08/05 11:42 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

alcohol is legal..alcohol is bad..alcohol is abused..

i would HATE to see many of these drugs be put in teh same type of situation (peopel of age buying at any store).  although im against it being illegal i have NO fiath in our society treating anything with respect. 

this is the reason im no activist...too many stupid people gonna give too many beautifull things a really bad name...they already have in most cases.

ill say it again, i dotn want anything that is to be injested for recreation to be illegal, but im nto going to fight that battle cause to me there are far far bigger battles than that one.  i hold the poeple in high regard that do stand up for it though :thumbup:

--------------------
The seeds you won't sow are the plants you dont grow.

Offlinechocbruce
Learned Student

Loc: ...
Re: Being responsible [Re: Dimmy]
    #3753479 - 02/09/05 12:08 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Dimmy said:
the way i see it is... the public thinks that  drugs are illegal because they think the drugs are dangerous i.e. physically dangerous, addiction, etc. the government has certain drugs be illegal (LSD, mushrooms, DMT, mescaline, etc) because they are a threat to it. these drugs force reconsideration of ideas and beliefs, they force you to think. with such thought comes ideas about changing the status quo. the government doesn't want you to fuck with it, so its fucking with you to make sure it wont' be fucked with. no matter what something is getting fucked.  :doggystyle: there's a whole lotta fucking goin round...

Excellent point.  Schedule one drugs are supposed to be drugs with a high potential for abuse right?  Well, mushrooms don't really have that.  IMHO, shrooms are more of a weekender drug, because you build up tolerance so quickly that it becomes unfeasible to trip each day.  Many people do abuse drugs...and it makes them people who aren't as good (nobody likes being hustled by a crack whore, that's just disgusting), but people here understand to respect what they take (I believe).  For examples the painting thread up in the pub, or how shroomery members go out into the real world and get to know one another are really good things.

--------------------
I look for answers and present ideas, but in no way shape or form endorse, or partake in, growing, or manufacture of substances, or plants, or any specie that is illegal in your neck of the woods. I do however, tear the tags off of my mattresses. Be warned.

Offlinekadakuda
 User Gallery

Re: Being responsible [Re: chocbruce]
    #3753545 - 02/09/05 12:18 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

bad with the good and good with the bad unfortunatly....more dumb peopel than smart/responsible imo.

theres even dumb asses on this site.  they have already been coined "beerweeds".  its a shame, but there will be TONS of people that will abuse everything.  probably even shrooms till tehy realise how expensive tis gonna be to trip in their 2nd week of straight ttriping :smirk:

--------------------

OfflineDimmy
Josephacetious
 User Gallery

Loc: Georgia
Re: Being responsible [Re: kadakuda]
    #3753594 - 02/09/05 12:26 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

yeah, abuse is the trademark of liberty. heres my idea of how to make drugs legals and safe! make all drugs legal but only with a special license. in order to get the license u have to take a course about what ever drug u want to apply for. they'll prolly charge for the course and for the license but it'll be worth it. in the course you'll be taught history of the drug, dosage, how to properly ingest it, how to properly experience it, and what ever else is deemed necessary. now only people who have permits will be able to go to special suppliers and get the drugs. if the shit is made legal, it would be so much easier to regulate and the majority of people using it will be better qualified to do so. its a win win situation. what do u guys think?

--------------------
:goose:

InvisibleDark_Star
dick butterfly

Re: Being responsible [Re: Dimmy]
    #3753642 - 02/09/05 12:35 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

I think your idea kicks ass, esp. the part about taking a course on it.....if you're going to do a drug, you should as much about it as possible. I find the history of drugs almost as interesting as taking them!  :thumbup: :sun:

--------------------

Offlinekadakuda
 User Gallery

Re: Being responsible [Re: Dark_Star]
    #3753749 - 02/09/05 12:58 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

ya well...not that its a bad idea but it just wont work. hate to be the downer but that type of shit wont happen. they dont even teach safe driving in schools here.

courses are not required for driving, drinking, smoking tobacco all sorts of dangerous things. although it would be nice there are 2 problems. 1, it will never be publicly funded...it will cost you an ass load...probably a good thing though, weed out the non serious.

2, the courses will probably not be so much fact as the same sorta bias these shitty little drug things are in middle school. i was never told of the beneficial facts of marijuana in school. in fact i wasnt even told what was bad about drugs. i was jsut told they are bad for you. how? didnt know till i dropped out.

ideally we would have tax paid courses for most everything and have responsible use fo things. but shit, you allowed to have 0.08% alcohol in your blood stream for christ sakes...may not be much but it still kills people. and i cant smoke a joint at home and fall asleep. anyway, signing to the choir i guess.

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Salvia, San Pedro

Community >> The Pub