Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineLethalX5
Male

YOUR KIDS AND DRUGS!?!
    #3692467 - 01/28/05 06:35 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

OK i was wondering on how you deal, or how you will deal with your kids when you find out they use them.(assuming that they will try them once in there life) When i have my own kids i don't think i will support drug use or and kind of illegal activities but i wont go all Nazi if my kid tries pot. i feel that if parents comedown on there kids to hard after they get caught with weed that it just leads to more sneaking around and more drug use and even harder drugs. i just wanted to see where you guys would stand in a few years or how you stand now on the subject.

--------------------
"To get what you've never had, You must do what you've never done."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleHanky
wiffle bat.
Male User Gallery
Loc: Great Southern Land.
Re: YOUR KIDS AND DRUGS!?! [Re: LethalX5]
    #3692513 - 01/28/05 07:14 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Hypocrite. yes.

Enough said.

--------------------
Coaster is an idiot...
[quote]Coaster said:
but i thnk everything thats pure is white?
[/quote]

OfflineLethalX5
Male

Re: YOUR KIDS AND DRUGS!?! [Re: Hanky]
    #3692535 - 01/28/05 07:24 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

i am not a hypocrite that is just my opinion. and i do agree with "education > prevention" I am just saying that in high school growing up 90% of the kids that parents were cool and let us smoke in there house and bought us drugs all turned out to be burnouts. that's not the type of environment i want to have around. maybe i am just not typing what i am thinking. i just don't want to have a bunch of burnout hippie kids.

--------------------

Invisiblemonkeybutt
Stranger
    #3692540 - 01/28/05 07:25 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

I will not hesitate to share stories of my own drug use when that time comes.

"It started as a way to escape the boredom of everyday life, but then it stopped working for me. Now I'm walking through hell and it really sucks. Where I used to believe it was a way of showing my indivuality and rebellion, I found myself to be no more than a small part of a large group of people as confused and full of shit as myself."

Shindo - Less Than Jake

Something's out there and it takes me away
from a world too small, too small to stay
Something's out there
Something's out there

Another day in this place so small
I'd rather be somebody else
Maybe if my mind wasn't so tall
I wouldn't be able to tell
and I've walked these streets
it seems like 10 million times
and I've seen things, up and leave
time after time
and its just another day in this place so small
I'd rather be somebody else
Old habits die hard
Old habits die hard!
Old habits die hard!

InvisibleHanky
wiffle bat.
Male User Gallery
Loc: Great Southern Land.
    #3692543 - 01/28/05 07:28 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Like I said,you have no place on this site,Narc.

--------------------
Coaster is an idiot...
[quote]Coaster said:
but i thnk everything thats pure is white?
[/quote]

Invisiblemonkeybutt
Stranger
    #3692554 - 01/28/05 07:33 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

LethalX5 said:
i am not a hypocrite that is just my opinion. and i do agree with "education > prevention" I am just saying that in high school growing up 90% of the kids that parents were cool and let us smoke in there house and bought us drugs all turned out to be burnouts. that's not the type of environment i want to have around. maybe i am just not typing what i am thinking. i just don't want to have a bunch of burnout hippie kids.

Hold on to your own beliefs and you will be one of the smart ones who eventually walks away. Who gives a shit what people like these say about you?

Drugs are a crutch. The sooner you learn to walk on your own, the better your chances of escaping.

OfflineLethalX5
Male

Re: YOUR KIDS AND DRUGS!?! [Re: monkeybutt]
    #3692558 - 01/28/05 07:35 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

how am i a narc?

--------------------

OfflineLethalX5
Male

#3692562 - 01/28/05 07:39 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

all i am doing is offering my opinion and asking for yours. so far all you have done is called me a narc and a hypocrite. the only person that has giving any input besides that is monkeybutt. he gave his opinion "I will not hesitate to share stories of my own drug use when that time comes." and all i am doing is asking other peoples. not for you to flame me for what i said

--------------------

Invisiblemonkeybutt
Stranger
    #3692615 - 01/28/05 08:08 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

To hell with them. They're stuck in a small and closed-minded world in which one must use drugs and agree with their opinions in order to be acceptable. It is their own underlying hatred for who they are that makes them speak out against you, and many of them have yet to come to this realization.

Anonymous

#3692629 - 01/28/05 08:16 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

I am going to make the relationship as honest and open as possible, so they won't be scared to tell me not if, but when, they try drugs. I will educate them through my personal experience and hard science, which they will hopefully have a respect for due to my parenting in the earlier stages :wink:

I won't have any problem with them smoking herb, as long as they are intelligent and don't drive around with it and practice moderation.

Remember, you raise your kids, not your neighbors or people they visit.

Offlineagr8fulchick
Feed Your Head!

Loc: Stranded in Iowa
    #3692697 - 01/28/05 08:45 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

kids + drugs = bad.

The body should really be mature before you start altering it, and that is just science talking, not even my opinion! Drugs taken at a young age can seriously screw up a kid!

I agree with you, in that I wouldn't support or encourage drug use, but if they discover it on their own, I'd rather be open about it and have them be honest with me than lie and go behind my back and possibly hurt themselves!

My favorite person always says that if he catches his kid with pot he'll make them sit down right there and smoke the whole bag with him! That'll teach them!

(teach them to not let their father find their stash :wink: )

:smile:

--------------------
Life's a journey. Take the scenic route.

:sun: :heart: :heart: :sun:

InvisibleSupernova
Stranger
Male
Re: YOUR KIDS AND DRUGS!?! [Re: agr8fulchick]
    #3692729 - 01/28/05 08:53 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Kids shouldn't do drugs. I say that even though, or maybe because, as a kid I did drugs and now know the ramifications. I'll teach them not to use drugs, but that if they do make a different choice that I am here anytime they need me. All you can do is teach and love. DO that, and they'll be ok.

Offlineagr8fulchick
Feed Your Head!

Loc: Stranded in Iowa
Re: YOUR KIDS AND DRUGS!?! [Re: Supernova]
    #3692740 - 01/28/05 08:55 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Amen!

--------------------
Life's a journey. Take the scenic route.

:sun: :heart: :heart: :sun:

Invisiblegdman
badger, badger,badger...
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dancing In the Streets
    #3692758 - 01/28/05 09:03 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Shit, I guess that's quite the question there. You don't want to be like the man, but you don't want your kids to find themselves in troubble, make some of the same mistakes (if you have made any) etc. I really would not want to see my kids (well my theoretical kids, as I have none rigth now) starting with anything as early as I have.

--------------------

Got a question about a substance?  Erowid might already have your answer! Have questions about the  mushroom experience? The  Tripper's FAQ may have your answer or someone else might have had your question before.

I know up on the top you are seeing great sights, but down at the bottom we, too, should have rights.
  - Theodor Seuss Geisel Dr. Suess

"I didn't come here to be easily understood" - Steve

Invisiblemonkeybutt
Stranger
Re: YOUR KIDS AND DRUGS!?! [Re: Supernova]
    #3692759 - 01/28/05 09:04 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

supernova said:
Kids shouldn't do drugs.

No one should use drugs. I am 25 years old and I still feel myself growing mentally. No matter what age you are, introducing foreign chemicals which alter your normal brain function is damaging.

InvisibleSupernova
Stranger
Male
    #3692765 - 01/28/05 09:06 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Monkeybutt- there are those who should do drugs. I know several people who could seriously use a heavy dose of psilocybin, along with a locked room for them to contemplate life. It would do em some good.

Invisiblegdman
badger, badger,badger...
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dancing In the Streets
    #3692766 - 01/28/05 09:07 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

it's a choice, no one is forcing them down your throat

--------------------

Got a question about a substance?  Erowid might already have your answer! Have questions about the  mushroom experience? The  Tripper's FAQ may have your answer or someone else might have had your question before.

I know up on the top you are seeing great sights, but down at the bottom we, too, should have rights.
  - Theodor Seuss Geisel Dr. Suess

"I didn't come here to be easily understood" - Steve

Invisibleniteowl
GrandPaw
Male User Gallery

Loc: Flag
    #3692767 - 01/28/05 09:07 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

I used drugs(alcohol,cigs,weed) since I was 16. I even tried harder drugs when I moved out(cocaine,LSD,meth). Im 38 now with a 19year old child.

All these KIDS out here who say that they would let their OWN children freely use drugs, are DELUSIONAL.

It isnt being hypocritical either, Hanky.

It is being a RESPONSIBLE parent.

As you get older you will realize that your body is still growing physicaly untill your at least 18-19, and emotionally untill your around 21-22.

As a parent you dont want anything hindering your childs development in any way. Any drug that they take while they are still growing can hinder their development.

If your child ASK'S you about drugs you will tell them the truth about them. How much fun they can be, but they must grow up before the should try them.

--------------------
Live for the moment you are in now
Don't be bogged down by your past
Don't be afraid of what lies in your future

Offlineballs
thats right
Loc: Ontario, Canada
    #3692771 - 01/28/05 09:08 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

agr8fulfuck, he didnt say about his children being young, he just mentioned having kids...that could be at any point in their life whether a young adult or an adolescent

Offlinespreaded
always beprepared

Loc: outer rim of space
    #3692778 - 01/28/05 09:12 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

How would you feel if a kid has had no drug education but for DARE, and that is like 5-6th grade... I swear I thought girls had cooties then and all I worried about was my baseball card collection. What if your parents dont know jack crap about drugs? Education through personal experience? Not advocating people using drugs to learn about them but when parents visit the new federally funded drug website they see alot of mis-information and may be misled. Parents wanting to send there children to rehab for smoking pot (its happened before). How bad will that fuck a kid up. I can say that I was very unsatisfied how my parents delt with me, and was realy shocked when they never confronted me about it, just decided to go behind my back and find things out. That completely knocked out any trust I have with them. Please, parents, just ask your kids to be honest and remove any disclipanary barriers. Dislipining a kid stops working once the kids is big enough to give a parents a run for their money anyway.

Should parents have the right to plunder through their kids things?

--------------------
I set into a downward spiral, Caught an illness that was literally viral -WP

Edited by spreaded (01/28/05 09:12 AM)

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies