Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
Inability to Dream...
    #3637609 - 01/17/05 01:34 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

I am not sure if it is aging or too many disappointments, but I have lost most of my drive and ability to dream anymore. Seems I am just going through the motions of life with neither excitement nor despair.

"The thrill is gone." ~ BB King

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleHelp on the Way
Slipknot420

Loc: Another World
Re: Inability to Dream... [Re: Swami]
    #3637613 - 01/17/05 01:40 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

do you smoke a lot of weed?

do you wake up to an alarm and jump out of bed in a hurry?

--------------------
:shocked: *Divine Moments of Truth* :shocked:

"Limitless undying love which shines around me like a million suns - it calls me on and on across the universe" ~ John Lennon

"Once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right" ~The Grateful Dead

"Religionists, with their guaranteed eventual paradise, of which they know nothing, taking it all on 'faith,' can't be expected to understand or sympathize with those with a yen to storm the Gate of Heaven and see for themselves what all the praying's about!" ~Robert Hunter

Invisiblepsyka
Praetorian
 User Gallery

#3637615 - 01/17/05 01:42 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Emptiness.

Perhaps, it has to do with culture and social rituals (or, rather, lack of)?

--------------------
As the life of a candle,
my wick will burn out.
But, the fire of my mind
shall beam into infinite.

Offlinefresh313
journeyman
 User Gallery

Re: Inability to Dream... [Re: psyka]
    #3637624 - 01/17/05 01:47 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

maybe the dream world banned you

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Re: Inability to Dream... [Re: Help on the Way]
    #3637639 - 01/17/05 01:59 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

do you smoke a lot of weed?

Rarely, as even potent stuff has minimal affect. Do you recommend I start toking heavily?  :stoned:

--------------------

Offlinezahudulallah
Sexual Heretic

Loc: Tokyo, Japan
    #3637667 - 01/17/05 02:21 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

That's too bad. My dreams seem to all be in one otherly world, and I return to it everytime I dream. My dreams seem to all have an aura of comfort that flows from the world in my dreams. I have fallen in love in my dreams. I dream like David Aames. If there was a life extension program, I would probably sign up. Happiness is an illusion, even in the tiniest house of time.

www.alcor.org

--------------------

Edited by zahudulallah (01/17/05 02:26 AM)

Offlinelovelight
float

Loc: yellow submarine
    #3637734 - 01/17/05 03:24 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

what I do is set the alarm early, then I keep pressing 'snooze' so that the alarm keeps going off every 10 mins or so. It makes for interesting and intense dreams, and sometimes I go back to the same one after an alarm wakes me. This should work for you if you are able to get back to sleep easily, and maybe after a while the dreams will extend into your normal sleep. I also use this to find creative ideas to design projects, I often wake up knowing what I should do. Maybe it's because you have already slept for hours, so that you are launched straight into REM easily, I haven't looked into it.

you could also just watch Waking Life for inspiration!  :wink: Good luck!

:3rd_eye:

--------------------
Turn on your lovelight, let it shine on me

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: Inability to Dream... [Re: lovelight]
    #3637838 - 01/17/05 05:45 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

I reccommend influenza
after you get better you will feel better
the dreams are intense

--------------------
:confused: _ :brainfart:🧠  _ :finger:

InvisibleCosm
Questioning
Loc: somewhere
Re: Inability to Dream... [Re: redgreenvines]
    #3637994 - 01/17/05 07:20 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Why dream when you can soar through the astral

Offlinedeafpanda
Stranger
Loc: Inguland
Re: Inability to Dream... [Re: redgreenvines]
    #3638015 - 01/17/05 07:44 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

I reccommend influenza
after you get better you will feel better
the dreams are intense

Very true!

OfflineGomp
¡(Bound to·(O))be free!
Male User Gallery

Loc: I re·side [primarily] in...
    #3638095 - 01/17/05 08:43 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Swami said:
I am not sure if it is aging or too many disappointments, but I have lost most of my drive and ability to dream anymore. Seems I am just going through the motions of life with neither excitement nor despair.

id say, you still dream just as much as the rest of us, you do not keep them in mind, go search your feelings :P
on the contrary, il take back whatever i just wrote :wink: hirr hirr

--------------------

--------------------
Disclaimer!?

OfflineSource
Remainder of anUnbalancedEquation
Male

Loc: Outer Darkness
    #3638293 - 01/17/05 10:11 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Swami,

Are you talking about dreams in the 'sleeping dream' sense, or dreams in the 'hopes for a better future' sense?

Anyway, I know what you mean. This is the kind of stuff we deal with as we get a bit older. I wonder what happens. Maybe we feel this way because we believe our future is already set because of the course of life we have taken. Maybe we feel like this because we don't believe we have enough life left to change course and follow our dreams.

--------------------
What you're searching for is what's searching.

InvisibleSinbad
Living TheMoment
Male

Loc: Under The Bodhi Tree
    #3638371 - 01/17/05 10:30 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Meditation before sleep will sort out this problem quicktime. As your mind becomes more relaxed and clear, this will continue into you sleep, you may even begin recognise the many stages of falling asleep!

If you feel you cannot meditate, reading is very good for the imaginiation and can comfotably set up your mind for the dreamstate. I suggest some fantasy books as anything to heavy will most likely put you in a negative state of mind

I hope this helps!

--------------------

InvisibletrendalM Happy Birthday!
Jâ™ 
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, Canada
    #3638391 - 01/17/05 10:37 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge." -- Albert Einstein

Logic is not without its restrictions. Sometimes, just sometimes, you have to toss logic out the window and give over to wild abandon and fantasy :yesnod:

--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.
But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.

InvisibleSclorch
Clyster

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: On the Brink of Madness
    #3638871 - 01/17/05 12:31 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Swami said:

Look... if you want me to drag my rockstar posse out to Las Vegas again, you're going to have to foot the bill...

hehe

Cheer up... you're starting to sound like an Emo kid. Actually, maybe you could become an Emo songwriter... that shit's selling like hotcakes!

--------------------
Note: In desperate need of a cure...

Invisiblegettinjiggywithit
jiggy
Female User Gallery

Loc: Heart of Laughter
    #3638999 - 01/17/05 12:52 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Swami said:

I read this to mean waking dreams for what you would like to make happen in the future as in dreams for the future to make plans for making something happen.

If that is what you were talking about, of course age and past dissapointments would have a lot to do with it. If that is the case, then we can tackle it from there. I can semi relate to the age thing at 36. Sometimes, I think the time is not in front of me and the drive of youth is not behind me to pull off certain dreams. But thats fear talking and it's BS. 

Rodney Dangerfield started his Hollywood career at age 56. Another woman I know launched a product line at age 60 and the bus continues to grow. My father in law, giving up on marriage after 3 at age 57 ran into his college sweet heart and they are enganged now and he is 60.

People are beggining again and embarking on new living dreams at later ages. What if you just walked into your life and body TODAY? It would just be beggining new. If treat every new day as the first day of the rest of your life, energy flows differently in your favor. If you can take on that perspective, it can really move energy around and back into play.

Of course dissapointments can become discouraging and they tend to make us give up on ourselves and our dreams. It can be turned around though. I'm not going to write more unless I know if this is what you were reffering too.  The sooner you nip it in the bud the better. For all you know, science is 10 years away from increasing our lifespans to go well into 100s of years as well as reversing physical aging. Don't give up on yourself.

I'll write more if you want more to consider, application stuff. It;s really related to turning percpetion around and changing some beleifs that may not be working for you.

I agree with gomp, our dreams our happening all around us in thought, and manifesting them is really a process of being in emotional resosonant harmony with them. As uncomfortable as it may be to get back in touch with emotion, they are flood gates of creation. emotion is energy in motion. They can be our greatest creative tools when we know how to direct and apply them.

:smile:The thrill is still there, ya just gotta get hooked up to it again.

Why play it safe? What if you are still conscious after you die? You will look back and think, wtf did I give up for and now I am dead, fuck! I could've done this this and that and what the hell was I thinking. No one robs us of anything but ourselves, and the thief within is good at what it does. The inner thief needs the attitude adjustment and needs to be shown he already has it all and then some to give away and he doesn't need to take from you because he is you and if he can realise himself as you and help you to give back to yourself then he too will know and have it all through and in you.

It's the crappy beleifs of the bad attitude simmering under the surface that bring that alter ego facet to life and give it your power to take from you. A healing merging has to take place between you and it to get you on the same team.

The thief that robs our lives and dreams from us is an alter ego facet with a bad attititude. He needs to be hunted down and bitch slapped, in a loving way of course. :wink: You almost need to find that part of yourself and get angry with it. Tell it to fuck off or get with the program cuz you got places to go, things to do and love to make. It's matter of taking power back from ideas and beleifs you gave it away to along the way while is states of dissapointment.

Geez i'm writing a book, I'll shut up now.

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Re: Inability to Dream... [Re: gettinjiggywithit]
    #3639167 - 01/17/05 01:31 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Yes, I am talking about waking dreams as in visions of the future.

In personal projects and in love I have put heart and soul into them and have ended up empty-handed too many times. It is hard to "get it up" yet one more time only for another disappointment. My lofty "goal" over the last few years has been soley the minimization of pain (which really doesn't work either!)

I have one minor dream remaining. Minor, not in the work it will take, but minor in the impact it will likely have on my life. I turn 50 (unbelievable!) this summer and am determined to look my best ever and win my age group in the California state racquetball championships.

But when I look at career and relationships, my motivation is nil. Too many lies, betrayals and broken promises have destroyed my faith in people. Even my drive for travel, material things and or spiritual knowledge is practically dead. It feels as if all the good stuff is behind me.

This is not a "poor me" thread as everyone gets kicked around by life. It is a "I have lost my zeal for life and don't know if I can get it back" thread.

Thanks for your input jiggy and everyone else.

--------------------

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Re: Inability to Dream... [Re: Sclorch]
    #3639191 - 01/17/05 01:34 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Look... if you want me to drag my rockstar posse out to Las Vegas again, you're going to have to foot the bill...

hehe

Yes, you guys have to come out for my birthday. It has been 18 months since your last visit and I sorely need to get majorly hung-over, robbed by a hooker and spend another night in jail.  :rolleyes:  :tongue2: :thumbup:

--------------------

Offlinedeff
just love everyone
 User Gallery

Loc: clarity Flag
    #3639550 - 01/17/05 03:09 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

not to sound cynical, but dreams are a coping mechanism for mortality

we want to achieve, accomplish, produce and create to extend our limited lifespan beyond our physical body

realize it's an illusion designed for comfort

and then relax and be happy that you exist :cool:
(as this itself is the best comfort)

oh, and I think everyone goes through periods of 'emptiness', even at much younger ages. I'm like 1/3rd of your age, and I've already been in them myself. Don't let the fact that people present themselves as productive dreamers influence you into desiring these traits. You've already accomplished a lot, and yet, nothing at all. Don't fear nothing :cool:

--------------------

InvisibleSinbad
Living TheMoment
Male

Loc: Under The Bodhi Tree
Re: Inability to Dream... [Re: deff]
    #3639567 - 01/17/05 03:13 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Wise words! You get five shrooms for that one!

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies