Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store - Cannabis Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Seeds Store Shop: Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineDivided_Sky
Ten ThousandThings

Loc: The Shining Void
How do you handle life being a dream?
    #3080778 - 09/02/04 02:36 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Every now and then in I will just stop, notice my surroundings, and realize that whatever I was just doing was totally unconscious and autopilot. Like I realize that the past was just a thought in my mind, and now it's gone.
I'm not really sure how to express this, but I often get the feeling like I'm already dead, or asleep, or my life is a lie, and that there is no escaping it.
This kind of depresses me when I think that all life is like this, you think it's real, but it's really all a false dream.
In reality life is just a trip except it is so familiar we forget we are on it. When we remember everything seems confusing and even pointless, like listening to somebody speak in a language you don't understand. Behind everything the world is vast, incomprehensible and alien and all that we think and believe is an illusion.
I stopped smoking pot because it would always remind me of this falseness.

Is there realy an awakened state or a way to live in order to feel like you are living and have lived and it's not all just a dream? I believe in Enlightenment, but I wonder does it really exist and what is it? Have any of you guys gone through this?

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisibletruekimbo2
Cya later, friends.
Male User Gallery

Loc: ny Flag
Re: How do you handle life being a dream? [Re: Divided_Sky]
    #3080807 - 09/02/04 02:42 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

its really simple to stop that feeling, pay attention to what you're doing.

--------------------
You can check the last post in my journal for contact info.

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
    #3080816 - 09/02/04 02:44 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Divided_Sky said:
Every now and then in I will just stop, notice my surroundings, and realize that whatever I was just doing was totally unconscious and autopilot. 

I do this a lot too.  Life is so strange!!  Incredible too.  I just wanted to post and say that I can relate.  :sun:

OfflineVulture
Pursuer ofWisdom
 User Gallery

Loc: SC
Re: How do you handle life being a dream? [Re: MOTH]
    #3080844 - 09/02/04 02:52 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

everyones gotta die sometime!

GLAD IM ALREADY DEAD! :gd_icon:

its all just a dream we dreamt one afternoon long ago.

^ these lyrics (along with many others) really wigged me out when i was on LSD for the first time ever at a dead show!

just remember that in the end nothing really matters because its all gonna work itself out somehow!

--------------------
Work like you dont need the money.

Love like you never been hurt.

Dance like nobody is watching.

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Re: How do you handle life being a dream? [Re: Vulture]
    #3080875 - 09/02/04 03:01 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Vulture said:

just remember that in the end nothing really matters because its all gonna work itself out somehow!

That really resonated with me right now...thanks for writing that!  So true.  (or at least I think it is)  :smile:

OfflineVulture
Pursuer ofWisdom
 User Gallery

Loc: SC
Re: How do you handle life being a dream? [Re: MOTH]
    #3080927 - 09/02/04 03:17 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

it is what you make it baby!

--------------------
Work like you dont need the money.

Love like you never been hurt.

Dance like nobody is watching.

Anonymous

#3081164 - 09/02/04 05:07 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

yeah i think about this a lot..

but is it our reality that is a dream? or our dreams that are a reality?

in my dreams, i have dreams. in my dreams i have a past.

meaning, i might think of something i did 3 days ago in that dream.. or a dream i had while in that dream... my dreams are like a continuing life on some other plane of reality..but when im here.. being dustin, theyre just scatted blurry memories.. dreams

but the thought about this already happening scares me..

but it doesnt seem possible.. because if ive already had this thought.. then there must have been a time when it was an ORIGINAL thought.. right?

or is it like a loop.. a record skipping over and over with no beginniing or no ending..

has the thought of this being fake or repeated been here forever? why????????

it just doesnt make sense. and makes me mad. :smirk:

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Re: How do you handle life being a dream? [Re: ]
    #3081182 - 09/02/04 05:19 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

I don't know!!!

Whenever I'm stoned, I always have this thought:

"I'm either living my dreams or dreaming my life."

Always, without fail, I get this thought/feeling. Even when I'm sober.

It could JUST be a thought/feeling. But I will never know for sure.

InvisibleMerkin
neep.
 User Gallery

Loc: Ass Flavoured Pie Factory
Re: How do you handle life being a dream? [Re: Vulture]
    #3081521 - 09/02/04 08:02 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

"i will get by... I will survive" :wink:

--------------------
Wheels of cheese wheeels of cheeeeese!!!

InvisibleMerkin
neep.
 User Gallery

Loc: Ass Flavoured Pie Factory
    #3081524 - 09/02/04 08:02 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

"reality is merely an illusion albeit a very persistent one" - Einstein

--------------------
Wheels of cheese wheeels of cheeeeese!!!

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
    #3081913 - 09/02/04 11:04 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Divided_Sky said:
Every now and then in I will just stop, notice my surroundings, and realize that whatever I was just doing was totally unconscious and autopilot. Like I realize that the past was just a thought in my mind, and now it's gone.
I'm not really sure how to express this, but I often get the feeling like I'm already dead, or asleep, or my life is a lie, and that there is no escaping it.
This kind of depresses me when I think that all life is like this, you think it's real, but it's really all a false dream.

How can reality not be real? Perhaps reality isn't what you personally thought it was, and discovering this has hurt your ego a bit, producing the negative emotions you are experiencing... but reality is still reality. An illusion is still real. :wink:

Quote:

In reality life is just a trip except it is so familiar we forget we are on it. When we remember everything seems confusing and even pointless, like listening to somebody speak in a language you don't understand. Behind everything the world is vast, incomprehensible and alien and all that we think and believe is an illusion.
I stopped smoking pot because it would always remind me of this falseness.

Everything seems confusing and pointless to you because you have came to the conclusion that it is this way, in your mind. You use the example of hearing someone speak a language you do not understand. But you must realize that even though you don't understand the language, it definitely has a point, and carries meaning.

Believe me, I entirely know what you are speaking of, I've been in the same place. It is important to realize that it is you that is creating these feelings. Reality might seem to lose all meaning..... well, in all honestly..... reality has no meaning. Anything we make of this, any meaning we find from our surroundings, from our state of being, it exists entirely in our minds. To use the language example again, the language itself does not carry any meaning. If it did, you would understand it when you heard it. The language's meaning exists entirely within the minds of those who use it... just as life's meaning exists entirely within the minds of those who live it. :wink:

In that certain state of mind in which you speak of, your ego finds this as a bit of a disappointment... it already had a set notion of "what is", and the ego gets burned because "it" was wrong. Your ego's expectations of reality are not fufilled as it demands, which thereby produces a string of negative emotions. Smoking pot made this too much because it puts more focus on your thoughts and your here and now experience, making the glitch in your mental programming stick out like a sore thumb. :tongue:

Quote:

Is there realy an awakened state or a way to live in order to feel like you are living and have lived and it's not all just a dream? I believe in Enlightenment, but I wonder does it really exist and what is it? Have any of you guys gone through this?

Well, you've already realized that reality is empty of inherent existance, of not having any meaning..... now realize that we have consciousness, that we are aware, and that we ourselves imply meaning to reality. We create meaning. This is how it is. Your ego feels cheated, or something... it expects more. We all know about ego, self importance.... the thought of no inherent meaning doesn't fit well with all that. Your ego, at least on this point, will dissolve with the koan "Existance has no meaning... so what?" :grin:

Start exploring into just how much our thoughts create the experience we have. Observe, and don't let your expectations or your feelings cloud your perceptions. Always put things into every perspective. Always remember that things change, your thoughts that seem so harsh and unforgiving now in that frame of mind will eventually go as you experience and grow.... etc. etc. etc. :wink:

:headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :satansmoking:
Peace. :mushroom2:

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

InvisibleEgo Death
Justadropofwaterinanendlesssea
 User Gallery

Loc: The War Machine
    #3082399 - 09/02/04 01:15 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Stop the programming.

Your sub-consious mind is constantly creating programs. Responses, reactions for every situation. Associating different programs and reactions with every sensory input.

Look now at a random object in your room. Pay attention to every sensation that is aroused just by this object. Memories are flooding back, maybe of how you aquired the item. You feel a negative or positive vibe from the object. Just thinking of that object naturally leads on in a chain to other objects/scenarios.

Assume object to be any sensory input, be it person, item, thought.

When you awake naturally (not by alarm or with tasks in mind). You have about 5-10 seconds of purity of mind before programs are initiated. Once the programs are running its like a huge tangent. One program leads to another.

It takes something like a fat dose of marijuana or shrooms to stop the programs dead in their tracks and let you see them for what they are.

Of course you can learn of, alter or stop the programs naturally. The best way so far seems to be by studying buddhism.

--------------------

OfflineDivided_Sky
Ten ThousandThings

#3083422 - 09/02/04 05:29 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

My mind really frustrates me. It creates all my troubles and keeps me locked in a murky and fleeting dream. I've come to rely on my thinking ability so much, but it is the problem.
I'm not sure how to live without analyzing things but I am pretty sure,
I'VE GOT TO STOP THINKING. Only then can I actualy live. Drugs can get you near the awakened state, but since they screw up your mind's working so much it is not as rewarding.

InvisibleSimisu
taken by gravity
 User Gallery

Loc: Israeli in
    #3083474 - 09/02/04 05:37 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

do you meditate?

--------------------
:mushdance::sanpedro::peyote::mushroom2: :heart: Shr:supershroom::supershroom:mery :heart: :mushroom2::peyote::sanpedro::mushdance:
      Visit & Support Free Spore Ring Earth
      :sun: Please help spread live Salvia Divinorum :sun:

OfflineDroz
Love of Life
 User Gallery

Loc: Floorida
    #3083570 - 09/02/04 05:55 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Life does and really seems like an illusion when you try to focus on the things at the past that made you so happy. Realizing now that these things are behind you and that all you have to do is slow down a little and take your time on things. Try and not do things so quickly and enjoy each thing as it should be enjoyed.

Just take your time, knowing that all this life journey is indeed what it is, a life long journey. Practice focusing on the positive and not so much the negative. Both must exist for you to feel the things you feel. Without the heart aches and the pains would you not feel as if the positive was so pleasant?

Perhaps there is a median where all can exist in with a reasonable feel behind it all where it all doesn't consume you at once.

Soak it up and take everything to heart.

May peace be with you,
Droz

OfflineDivided_Sky
Ten ThousandThings

Re: How do you handle life being a dream? [Re: Simisu]
    #3083985 - 09/02/04 07:42 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

simisu said:
do you meditate?

Yes I do. I feel like my practice isn't where it should be, but there is nothing I can do about that. I get frustrated, but I know that is part of the problem not the solution.

Offlinebobbyrox
Stranger

#3084191 - 09/02/04 08:33 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

It's the drugs. Ever since I started smoking pot i've felt the exact same way, questioning everything around me and trying to make sense of the concept of time. Sometimes I think of how weird time is; when time passes it's like whatever you can't remember from the past never existed. It's so fucked up! At night when the light dimly luminates everything I feel as if whatever I am looking at is fake, when I look around I feel like i'm high or something. Even when I am having fun I think what's the point? Everything is so temporary. It's just going to be gone and then i am just going to be reminiscing of the past and wishing that it was happening NOW.

What I think the problem is is that we are looking for something that lasts forever, something eternal. We live in a world that tries to satisfy this need but in the end whatever we do always falls short. A solution to this problem is simply to find your Faith.

OfflineHijinx_Spike
JourneyMan

#3084223 - 09/02/04 08:42 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

People go insane thinking shit like that. But ive had the same feeling. I was lost in my typing class. Then my book turned light green and I freaked out cause I havent done any substances in 3 days.

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

#3084312 - 09/02/04 09:12 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

very neat.
ongoing
I am going to be a cheer leader.
maybe that is what witch doctors really are.
cheer leaders for the dream knowers.

OfflineDivided_Sky
Ten ThousandThings

Re: How do you handle life being a dream? [Re: bobbyrox]
    #3084367 - 09/02/04 09:34 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

bobbyrox said:

It's the drugs. Ever since I started smoking pot i've felt the exact same way, questioning everything around me and trying to make sense of the concept of time. Sometimes I think of how weird time is; when time passes it's like whatever you can't remember from the past never existed. It's so fucked up! At night when the light dimly luminates everything I feel as if whatever I am looking at is fake, when I look around I feel like i'm high or something. Even when I am having fun I think what's the point? Everything is so temporary. It's just going to be gone and then i am just going to be reminiscing of the past and wishing that it was happening NOW.

I felt this EXACT same way. Sometimes I still do. I had a sort of cataclysmic experience with weed which left me thinking about this ALOT. As a result of stayed away for pot the last few months.

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Original Seeds Store Shop: Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology