Home | Community | Message Board

PlanetSpores.ca
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Don't enjoy conversation/intimacy issues
    #3628107 -

I remember when I was a teenager (am now 32) I just loved hanging out with people and talking, but for quite some time I haven't enjoyed conversation so much. I also have trouble talking about my problems with friends. I think it changed when I was 21 and I got depressed. I had a 'friend' that I lived with and all I could talk about was this relationship that broke up (the reason I became depressed). I was pretty painful, I admit it. But I thought this girl was a true friend and anyway one night I was laying in bed and she was talking to some mutual friends in the loungeroom and she was going on and on about what an idiot I was. Maybe it is a matter of being careful of who you choose to tell stuff to and how much. Though I have kind of have gone to the other extreme and feel very uncomfortable about telling anyone anything in case of getting a bad reaction.... Does anyone have any insights into how to overcome this? How do other people feel comfortable telling their friends their problems?



--------------------
Computer games don't affect kids. I mean if Pacman affected our generation as kids, we'd all be running around in a darkened room, munching pills and listening to repetitive electronic music.

"Being bitter and hateful is like drinking a vial of poison and hoping the other person gets sick" FreakQLibrium

"My motto from here on out is: If someone or something (including me) in my life is conducting themselves in such a way that they can be seen on Jerry Springer, it's time to take out the garbage!!! When you stop taking their behaviour personally and see their antics as a true reflection on their character, it becomes absolutely nauseating." Anon. on abusive relationships.

Edited by enotake2 (01/14/05 12:27 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Don't enjoy conversation/intimacy issues [Re: enotake2]
    #3628197 -

I have yet to grow into conversation. I rarly talk about my problems. I see problems as a figment of my imagination.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Don't enjoy conversation/intimacy issues [Re: enotake2]
    #3630756 -

I guess I just have to allow myself to be vulnerable sometimes. I sorted myself out just by writing this post. Yay!


--------------------
Computer games don't affect kids. I mean if Pacman affected our generation as kids, we'd all be running around in a darkened room, munching pills and listening to repetitive electronic music.

"Being bitter and hateful is like drinking a vial of poison and hoping the other person gets sick" FreakQLibrium

"My motto from here on out is: If someone or something (including me) in my life is conducting themselves in such a way that they can be seen on Jerry Springer, it's time to take out the garbage!!! When you stop taking their behaviour personally and see their antics as a true reflection on their character, it becomes absolutely nauseating." Anon. on abusive relationships.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Don't enjoy conversation/intimacy issues [Re: enotake2]
    #3630993 -

I feel like I got add when it comes to people. Or if im in a group and there are people talking its like overload. I guess its fine though to zone out other people and talk to one person at certain times, but I always feel rude doing so. I shouldnt feel bad for silly shit like that and it would only benifit us all as a whole. So thats a first step for me becoming a socialite.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Don't enjoy conversation/intimacy issues [Re: enotake2]
    #3632069 -

The truth about humanity's trustworthiness is difficult to digest.

All of us fall short of being a true friend - consistently, thoroughly, purely.

It is best in my mind to not be anti-social but at the same time not to over-indulge with talking with others about very personal matters.

Rare is the day that true friends are found and kept for a lifetime.

True and faithful are the piercings of a friend.

Be strong & stand nevertheless.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Intimacy Khaunshar 671 5 12/08/06 05:12 PM
by nobhdy
* The Girl.. the Weed... the Problem... ( updated, finished )
( 1 2 3 4 all )
PooPs 16,482 79 06/05/03 12:50 PM
by PooPs
* more girl problems ScumBagMaximum 1,643 6 04/22/03 10:43 PM
by AbFab
* What problems are different? Innvertigo 2,199 2 02/20/03 07:03 AM
by Anonymous
* Not really a HUGE problem but... fjbk47985 1,130 4 05/01/03 04:18 PM
by MarkostheGnostic
* Understanding Love: The Triangular Theory daba 1,629 1 08/02/03 05:29 PM
by daba
* second guessing leery11 1,253 16 09/03/06 01:39 PM
by trunksan
* Sexual Repression
( 1 2 3 all )
leery11 6,765 49 09/19/05 10:54 PM
by Icelander

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: CherryBom, Asante, Rose, mndfreeze, yogabunny, feevers, CookieCrumbs, Northerner
1,171 topic views. 0 members, 5 guests and 3 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.025 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 15 queries.