Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlineenotake2
Stop Bush's war
 User Gallery

Loc: Comfy chair in my lounger...
Don't enjoy conversation/intimacy issues
    #3628107 - 01/14/05 01:41 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

I remember when I was a teenager (am now 32) I just loved hanging out with people and talking, but for quite some time I haven't enjoyed conversation so much. I also have trouble talking about my problems with friends. I think it changed when I was 21 and I got depressed. I had a 'friend' that I lived with and all I could talk about was this relationship that broke up (the reason I became depressed). I was pretty painful, I admit it. But I thought this girl was a true friend and anyway one night I was laying in bed and she was talking to some mutual friends in the loungeroom and she was going on and on about what an idiot I was. Maybe it is a matter of being careful of who you choose to tell stuff to and how much. Though I have kind of have gone to the other extreme and feel very uncomfortable about telling anyone anything in case of getting a bad reaction.... Does anyone have any insights into how to overcome this? How do other people feel comfortable telling their friends their problems?

--------------------
Computer games don't affect kids. I mean if Pacman affected our generation as kids, we'd all be running around in a darkened room, munching pills and listening to repetitive electronic music.

"Being bitter and hateful is like drinking a vial of poison and hoping the other person gets sick" FreakQLibrium

"My motto from here on out is: If someone or something (including me) in my life is conducting themselves in such a way that they can be seen on Jerry Springer, it's time to take out the garbage!!! When you stop taking their behaviour personally and see their antics as a true reflection on their character, it becomes absolutely nauseating." Anon. on abusive relationships.

Edited by enotake2 (01/14/05 02:27 PM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleCorporal Kielbasa
 User Gallery

Re: Don't enjoy conversation/intimacy issues [Re: enotake2]
    #3628197 - 01/14/05 01:56 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

I have yet to grow into conversation. I rarly talk about my problems. I see problems as a figment of my imagination.

--------------------

Offlineenotake2
Stop Bush's war
 User Gallery

Loc: Comfy chair in my lounger...
    #3630756 - 01/15/05 01:22 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

I guess I just have to allow myself to be vulnerable sometimes. I sorted myself out just by writing this post. Yay!

--------------------
Computer games don't affect kids. I mean if Pacman affected our generation as kids, we'd all be running around in a darkened room, munching pills and listening to repetitive electronic music.

"Being bitter and hateful is like drinking a vial of poison and hoping the other person gets sick" FreakQLibrium

"My motto from here on out is: If someone or something (including me) in my life is conducting themselves in such a way that they can be seen on Jerry Springer, it's time to take out the garbage!!! When you stop taking their behaviour personally and see their antics as a true reflection on their character, it becomes absolutely nauseating." Anon. on abusive relationships.

InvisibleCorporal Kielbasa
 User Gallery

#3630993 - 01/15/05 02:08 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

I feel like I got add when it comes to people. Or if im in a group and there are people talking its like overload. I guess its fine though to zone out other people and talk to one person at certain times, but I always feel rude doing so. I shouldnt feel bad for silly shit like that and it would only benifit us all as a whole. So thats a first step for me becoming a socialite.

--------------------

InvisibleWorld Spirit
PNW
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #3632069 - 01/15/05 07:09 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

The truth about humanity's trustworthiness is difficult to digest.

All of us fall short of being a true friend - consistently, thoroughly, purely.

It is best in my mind to not be anti-social but at the same time not to over-indulge with talking with others about very personal matters.

Rare is the day that true friends are found and kept for a lifetime.

True and faithful are the piercings of a friend.

Be strong & stand nevertheless.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being